:D Just kidding. Like the other guy said, not all black people are angry

#52 Edited by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83 said:

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83 said:

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83:

if you really believe that the outcome would have been the same if the races were switched I don't think you understand the way justice goes for black people. its not bull. its the sad reality. the justice system has failed black people countless times throughout history.

I know that,but do you know of the other cases where it's injustice the other way around,and I don't see anyone rioting.....

In cases of rape,murder,etc...

I really hope you're not ignorant enough to think that this injustice ONLY happens to black people (not saying you are,and if you think that I AM calling you ignorant,then you're not reading what I am saying)...because that's not true.At the same time,yes,it does,sadly happen.

Again,I am scared of the racial reactions that ignorant,bigoted irrational people will make.

I don't mean being upset,I mean killing and harming people of another race,simply because of their race...these reactions have happened to people of all races in many cases (that apply). To be honest,I am disappointed in mankind as a whole....how about you?

i don't think it exclusively happens to black people but i do believe it happens more to black people than any other demographic. this injustice is making me scared for my big sister in florida. things haven't changed much in the jim crow south. and i dpnt wish harm or death on anybody. but George deserves to go to jail.

I can definitely see your points,but I don't think that it happens more to black people than all others....and even if so,please tell me,does that somehow make it more important?

Anyway,dude,I can definitely see your point. I also fear that many blacks (and others) will do stupid acts of violence (not really helping them) and doing violent acts of harassment against people such as whites and latinos. I can actually see it..to tell you the truth,it doesn't really help them and their point and it's wrong,nonetheless.

And it ignores the fact that there were people of every race that supported Trayvon,and black people that were for Zimmerman. I haven't really followed up on the whole case,so I don't exactly have a (valid) opinion on it.

it doesn't make it more important but it is the topic at hand. and i don't want black people to do anything violent because they'll actually go to jail for committing crimes. but i do wish that the justice system actually brought forth justice. it failed miserably. the prosecution did such a horrible job! i honestly feel that i, a history major, could have done a better job prosecuting a criminal case. i think the prosecution threw the case by overcharging George! and in that act i believ they threw the case. and im sorry if i sound angry but i am angry. i am disgusted. i am appalled at our broken justice system

This is nothing really new.Again I don't exactly have an opinion on the case,but it's never really about if you are guilt or innocent,it's more on the lines of "can you prove it?"

Anyway,again,don't exactly have an opinion (an educated one,at least) on the matter for reason already stated.

#53 Edited by SOG7dc (8178 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:

im saying its not justice to construct a jury of mainly older white women in florida to try a man that looks Caucasian whether or not he is Hispanic. i think he killed a black kid so he should have to answer to at least ONE black person

#54 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7510 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4 said:

IN MY HOUSE BEFORE ANGRY BLACK GUYS HIT THE STREETS

"We looking for you, we gonna find you" - Antoine Dodson

:D Just kidding. Like the other guy said, not all black people are angry

oh, hello

@sog7dc said:

@betatesthighlander1:

im saying its not justice to construct a jury of mainly older white women in florida to try a man that looks Caucasian whether or not he is Hispanic. i think he killed a black kid so he should have to answer to at least ONE black person

the guy looks pretty hispanic

and he has a pretty Jewish sounding name

the person he killed was also a minor, should he have had to answer to a jury of minors?

#55 Posted by TotalBalance (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Both sides have a hand in the empanelling process whereby the jury is created, just as it should be, the law has no rules forcing the state and defense to ensure there is a minimum number of various demographics in the jury.

#56 Edited by WillPayton (9828 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@betatesthighlander1:

The jury was approved by the prosecution, and having racial quotas on juries sounds... problematic.

#57 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@betatesthighlander1:

Actually,that's kinda my issue. You kinda assume a bit that they are biased in favor of Zimmerman because of their race. A black judge shouldn't be either and it's not rational to assume that he/she would be......

#58 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

Are people still arguing? Zimmerman is innocent. This is a good day! Whoever thinks he's a murderer is wrong.

#59 Edited by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

I really can't believe anyone is surprised by this. If you take emotion out of your mind, then there was zero evidence against George, his lawyer did an awesome job, and the facts were on his side. He's innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around like in the mind of some of you.

#60 Edited by SOG7dc (8178 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:

he does not look at all Hispanic to me or any number of people who only found out he was Hispanic days if not weeks after his photo and name was released. and no because minors cant be on a jury because they aren't responsible or mature enough.....they also cant own a gun to protect themselves from murderers

#61 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5327 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Please stop with the race card bullshit. OJ murdered 2 white people with obvious facts and evidence and still went free. You didn't see white people rioting and looting after did you? I'm so sick and tired of people using the race card. Not everything is racially motivated. Last time I checked Zimmerman looked Hispanic so that argument is out the window.

#62 Posted by SOG7dc (8178 posts) - - Show Bio

@totalbalance:

and that's why i believe the justice system failed trayvon

#63 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't really a surprise to anyone that followed the trial. For people who only followed twitter and the media circus that preceded the trial, this is a shocker.

#64 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7510 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@betatesthighlander1:

he does not look at all Hispanic to me or any number of people who only found out he was Hispanic days if not weeks after his photo and name was released. and no because minors cant be on a jury because they aren't responsible or mature enough.....they also cant own a gun to protect themselves from murderers

he looks quite Hispanic

#65 Posted by SOG7dc (8178 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Please stop with the race card bullshit. OJ murdered 2 white people with obvious facts and evidence and still went free. You didn't see white people rioting and looting after did you? I'm so sick and tired of people using the race card. Not everything is racially motivated. Last time I checked Zimmerman looked Hispanic so that argument is out the window.

its not bullshit if its valid and it is absolutely valid and im not calling for anybody to riot im just mad that trayvon didn't get any justice. and in response to you bringing up OJ? Troy Davis. we can both throw cases at eachother that make our particular points substantiated so lets not do that

#66 Edited by jwalser3 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh boy who.

Man slaughter =/= self defense.

#67 Posted by TotalBalance (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Now I am confused, It failed him because the empanelling system didn't end with any black jury members, is that what you are saying?

#68 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@totalbalance:

and that's why i believe the justice system failed trayvon

His parents failed him first and foremost.

#69 Posted by Ms. Omega (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

I have lost all faith in the justice system he did kill a unarmed kid in cold blood he should have to answer for that.

#70 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

its not bullshit if its valid and it is absolutely valid and im not calling for anybody to riot im just mad that trayvon didn't get any justice. and in response to you bringing up OJ? Troy Davis. we can both throw cases at eachother that make our particular points substantiated so lets not do that

I don't think that I can convince you,or anyone,but there is no point in stating that unless you truly think that discrimination only happens to one race. Since you said it doesn't,then it would be logical to assume that it happens to all.

So enough with this pointless back/forth banter.

#71 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

I have lost all faith in the justice system he did kill a unarmed kid in cold blood he should have to answer for that.

ROFL, an unarmed "kid" who was bashing his face in.

#72 Posted by SOG7dc (8178 posts) - - Show Bio

@totalbalance:

...im sorry i just cant talk about this anymore. i feel sick and my opinion on the case is clear. some will agree and some will disagree. but i am too emotionally charged and too ignorant to continue here. so for lack of a better word i "recuse" myself of this forever more

#73 Posted by Akindoodle (1042 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Edited by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

1) What are your opinions on this?

2) Is this the verdict you expected?

3) Do you think there will be riots?

1) No opinion I wasn't at the trial if I got to hear all the info then I would have an opinion. I have only news coverage it seems that there is always a slant one way or another.

2) Didn't expect any thing.

3) There probable will be. You can't help stupid people being stupid.

#75 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5301 posts) - - Show Bio

I followed the trial, especially towards the end, this isn't surprising...my friends however must have not because the world is exploding elsewhere XD

#76 Edited by BigTimeSpider (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: But he did shoot someone.

#77 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope no one riots, not because I believe the dude was innocent but because A. Innocent people will get hurt and B. The racists are just going to try to call it proof for their opinions and its just going to make them worse. Some of you kids on here are too young to remember the LA riots but when they happened there were tons of racist people claiming it as proof that black people just wanted an excuse to loot, I know this wasn't the actual reason for the riot but its all they saw so a riot will not help the cause.

#78 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: They will happen.. Trust me...They will.I pray that it doesn't.

#79 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: I can understand the frustration its just that it will only make things worse and I wish people could see that.

#80 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio
#81 Edited by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@cameron83: I can understand the frustration its just that it will only make things worse and I wish people could see that.

People will be blinded by raw,irrational emotions. I wish so,too.....

#82 Posted by Ms. Omega (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15 said:

@ms__omega said:

The kid had to defend him self some one was following him, Zimmerman was warned by the 911 operator to leave the kid alone and not to engage him and to let the real police handle the situation but he ignored that and ended up shooting some one.

#83 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15 said:

@ms__omega said:

The kid had to defend him self some one was following him, Zimmerman was warned by the 911 operator to leave the kid alone and not to engage him and to let the real police handle the situation but he ignored that and ended up shooting some one.

Show me where it is against the law to follow someone. He was hardly a kid, unless you only pay attention to the media who portrayed him as a sweet, innocent little boy, and showed pictures of him that were years old. He was a scumbag, bashed George's face and paid the price of his actions.

According to our justice system, you are innocent until proven guilty, there was not even close to enough evidence against Zimmerman.

#84 Posted by Black_Claw (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Believe me, I won't be surprised if Florida gets torn up by riots first thing in the morning.

#85 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5301 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15: Trayvon wasn't a scumbag, he was a teenager.

#86 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

@hbktimhbk: My respect for the dead is the only thing keeping me from making a joke about that comment. Sorry.

#87 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5327 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I hope you have the same feelings when 1 black person kills another. You never hear black people complaining then or making a public outcry of the justice system. Btw Zimmerman doesn't look white at all, so yeah bringing up whites is pointless and desperate.

#88 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@hbktimhbk: He was a scumbag, no matter how you look at it.

#89 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@cezar_thescribe: exactly yet where were the riots then? I dont see racism here just a case lacking In evidence. The autopsy reports kept changing which makes me wonder...

Not mention curious if all these people crying racism on the jury's part feel the same way about the o.j. Case since that was far worse and pre meditated and had a black jury, a black lawyer for o.j. Yet got off scott free, were there riots then or does that only apply if your skin color is of a certain color?

There was a lack of evidence, deal with it. I agree with xanni 15.

#90 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I hope you have the same feelings when 1 black person kills another. You never hear black people complaining then or making a public outcry of the justice system. Btw Zimmerman doesn't look white at all, so yeah bringing up whites is pointless and desperate.

I don't even see exactly what the point of him being white is....are we assuming that all white people are racist?

Then damn...I need to unfollow a lot of people...

even considering the hundreds that were in support of Trayvon (and btw,it's not only black people in support of Trayvon,just to let everyone know).

#91 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5301 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone acts as if Trayvon was an exceptionally bad seed but using such adjectives to describe him, when in reality, PLENTY of other people would have done the same if put in similar circumstances, especially teens who think themselves invincible. Believe me, I know, I'm a teen and if someone was following me the urge to beat their face in is natural.

With that said, he shouldn't have done it.

#92 Posted by ccraft (5594 posts) - - Show Bio

NAACP says that the Justice system "failed Trayvon Martin".

Source

NAACP are hate mongers, it's despicable.

@slacker_the_hacker said:

I'll bet you Zimmerman gets shot on the court steps or something.

I love the intelligent and thoughtful comments on CV. Keep it up guys.

I used to follow this seeing all the evidence against Zimmerman would at least suggest racist profiling of Zimmerman, and then he shots an unarmed teenager.

I highly doubt much CV people on here actually watched any footage of the case, at best he should be convicted of manslaughter. So I'm very surprised he got off scott free.

#93 Posted by YoungJustice (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get Zimmmerman supporters, they ignore the fact that he ignored the police and because of this he was attacked, pretty certain that Trayvon wouldn't have attacked if he didn't feel like he was being harassed.

#94 Edited by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@hbktimhbk: He has a history of violence, plus he had marijuana in his system. He is as bad as bad seeds get.

#95 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

@totalbalance said:

NAACP says that the Justice system "failed Trayvon Martin".

Source

NAACP are hate mongers, it's despicable.

@willpayton said:

@slacker_the_hacker said:

I'll bet you Zimmerman gets shot on the court steps or something.

I love the intelligent and thoughtful comments on CV. Keep it up guys.

I used to follow this seeing all the evidence against Zimmerman would at least suggest racist profiling of Zimmerman, and then he shots an unarmed teenager.

I highly doubt much CV people on here actually watched any footage of the case, at best he should be convicted of manslaughter. So I'm very surprised he got off scott free.

wasn't he not guilty on all charges?

#96 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

Actually, if you watched any of the case there's no way you could conclude there was enough evidence to convict him of anything. Innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

#97 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on what I know of the case it would have most likely been a mistrial if he was proven guilty.

As for the actual ruling, I don't know enough about the specifics to judge here.

#98 Posted by nick_hero22 (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

@youngjustice:

Since when did ignoring a comment from a police dispatcher become illegal?

#99 Posted by BigTimeSpider (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: you didn't know what happened that night.

#100 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigtimespider: All evidence points to Marin attacking Zimmerman. It's safe to assume that is exactly what happened.