/

T
H
R
E
A
D

#653 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio

People shouldn't be complaining black people have done the same to white kids and it hasn't gone on national television.

#654 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

People shouldn't be complaining black people have done the same to white kids and it hasn't gone on national television.

Does that make you feel better?

#655 Edited by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines said:

@_cerberus_ said:

No it's a shame that somebody had to die, but I dislike people complaining....the Trayvon Martin family wanted a fair trial and they got one, you don't see white people rioting about the ladies baby who got shot in the head at point blank.

so everybody should be satisfied.

#656 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually think the opposite, I think everyone should be dissatisfied. About all cases similar to this. But I guess we don't think alike do we?

An eye for an eye should make everyone satisfied.

Lol you can run for president with that motto. Because there are ALOT of people who take that stance. Sadly, i'm not one of them.

#657 Edited by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_ said:

I actually think the opposite, I think everyone should be dissatisfied. About all cases similar to this. But I guess we don't think alike do we?

Lol you can run for president with that motto. Because there are ALOT of people who take that stance. Sadly, i'm not one of them.

True, if they just had solid proof of Zimmerman killing Trayvon like a recording or something hard hitting than there's no doubt in my mind he got convicted.

Trayvon was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

#658 Posted by Night Thrasher (3603 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines said:

@_cerberus_ said:

No it's a shame that somebody had to die, but I dislike people complaining....the Trayvon Martin family wanted a fair trial and they got one, you don't see white people rioting about the ladies baby who got shot in the head at point blank.

Difference is: the teens that shot that baby got arrested immediately and charged with murder. It was a big fuss made about it and the teens are being charged.

It took over a month for Zimmerman to get charged and justice was not served.

#659 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_ said:

@novi_homines said:

@_cerberus_ said:

True, if they just had solid proof of Zimmerman killing Trayvon like a recording or something hard hitting than there's no doubt in my mind he got convicted.

There is no doubt he killed trayvon. That's not the issue here. The issue is the thought that he killed someone in an act of self defense. Only after pursuing someone for blocks which resulted in a confrontation that led to him killing someone.

And to add, following someone because he fit the skin color description of other burglaries in the area, which is by definition, racial profiling.

Zimmerman's racial profiling led to the death of trayvon. Whether it was intentional or not.

#660 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_ said:

@novi_homines said:

@_cerberus_ said:

Difference is: the teens that shot that baby got arrested immediately and charged with murder. It was a big fuss made about it and the teens are being charged.

Because there was actual evidence my point was

1. This never hit the National Television, Trayvon was 16-17 but gets more screen time than the baby who was proven to be murdered in cold blood.

2. The freaking PRESIDENT wanted to convict Zimmerman of civil rights violation, but he didn't try to convict two the teens who were proven 100% solid proof of the crime

3. Trayvon Martin supporters would not be complaining if Zimmerman was black or if Trayvon was white the media would not have made the big stink they did they are just trying to start up a race war

4. This should be dropped because there's been more than enough harm done to both sides, this is just increasing racism.

#661 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_ said:

@novi_homines said:

@_cerberus_ said:

There is no doubt he killed trayvon. That's not the issue here. The issue is the thought that he killed someone in an act of self defense. Only after pursuing someone for blocks which resulted in a confrontation that led to him killing someone.

And to add, following someone because he fit the skin color description of other burglaries in the area, which is by definition, racial profiling.

Zimmerman's racial profiling led to the death of trayvon. Whether it was intentional or not.

Well you can't blame him for racial profiling, several other young african males had been robbing the neighbor hood prior to Trayvon getting killed

if you were a black man and a series of other young african americans started robbing your community you would profile people you haven't seen before even if you were not racist or racist either way. (Zimmerman screwed up by following though)

#662 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_ said:

3. Trayvon Martin supporters would not be complaining if Zimmerman was black or if Trayvon was white

Please, stop assuming.

#663 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_ said:

3. Trayvon Martin supporters would not be complaining if Zimmerman was black or if Trayvon was white

And you know this how? Let me be clear, i'm not a trayvon "supporter". I'm just a guy who saw the facts of the case, and the resulting verdict, as an injustice to a 17 yr old boy.

Because the media is promoting racism, they make white people like saints on occasions but than they make blacks look like saints

they pit both races against each other like some twisted game, when have we ever seen a white teenager on national television? (not that I'm complaining but I'm sure there have been other teens that have been killed and have not gotten justice)

#664 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

Well you can't blame him for racial profiling, several other young african males had been robbing the neighbor hood prior to Trayvon getting killed

if you were a black man and a series of other young african americans started robbing your community you would profile people you haven't seen before even if you were not racist or racist either way. (Zimmerman screwed up by following though)

I understand, and that's perfectly logical. I only have a few things to say about that

- Trayvon lived in the neighborhood.

- I would call the police, might tail, but would NOT exit my vehicle.

- Being zimmerman, over the age of at least 30 (?), I DEFINITELY would not shoot a 17 yr old kid if we were fighting, if I were confident enough to get out of my vehicle and be a vigilante. Even if he was overpowering me. A 17 yr old kid is just that, a kid. And he isn't able to make decisions as an adult. An adult however should be better. And should know that taking a life, especially one that is still considered a minor, should not be a decision one makes.

#665 Posted by Night Thrasher (3603 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher said:

@_cerberus_ said:

@novi_homines said:

@_cerberus_ said:

Because there was actual evidence my point was

1. This never hit the National Television, Trayvon was 16-17 but gets more screen time than the baby who was proven to be murdered in cold blood.

2. The freaking PRESIDENT wanted to convict Zimmerman of civil rights violation, but he didn't try to convict two the teens who were proven 100% solid proof of the crime

3. Trayvon Martin supporters would not be complaining if Zimmerman was black or if Trayvon was white the media would not have made the big stink they did they are just trying to start up a race war

4. This should be dropped because there's been more than enough harm done to both sides, this is just increasing racism.

1. The teen murders did hit national television. Everyone did a story on it and it was universally agreed that they should be prosecuted and some even lobbying for the DEATH PENALTY for minors. The injustice isn't the crime it's the failure to prosecute the crime.

2. The president explained it better than anyone IMO how people of color feel about it. Listen to him, I mean really listen to him and try to understand. Why would he weigh in on a crime that's being prosecuted and will probably result in a guilty verdict that everyone agrees is the right decision?

3. Maybe we would. You don't know. I said it before, if Trayvon was a caucasion girl 15 years old and Zimmerman followed her then everyone would look at him differently. To say that race didn't play any part in this is just playing both of us as stupid and I don't feel that I am, don't really know how you feel about yourself.

4. One side is supporting a man who killed someone and said it was "God's plan" and hasn't shown any remorse or issued any apology. The other side was rooting for justice for a mother and father that lost their son and didn't find out until 3 days later. And the police had the audacity to do blood screening and search the dead kid instead of the 28 year old man who killed him. Explain to me why Trayvon deserved to die again?

You forget the whole reason there was national coverage for the Trayvon Martin thing was because it took over a month to indict him. He basically told police that he was attacked and they ruled it as self defense. It was only after did the following him and the phone call came out. The outrage was because the police took Zimmerman's word for it and didn't even let Trayvon's parents know what happened until 3 DAYS after the fact. There's racism, ignorance and apathy, which one do you fall under?

#666 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_ said:

@novi_homines said:

@_cerberus_ said:

And you know this how? Let me be clear, i'm not a trayvon "supporter". I'm just a guy who saw the facts of the case, and the resulting verdict, as an injustice to a 17 yr old boy.

Because the media is promoting racism, they make white people like saints on occasions but than they make blacks look like saints

they pit both races against each other like some twisted game, when have we ever seen a white teenager on national television? (not that I'm complaining but I'm sure there have been other teens that have been killed and have not gotten justice)

This is completely irrelevant. The media doesn't control the fact that zimmerman profiled him. The media doesn't control the fact that zimmerman followed him for blocks. The media doesn't control the fact that zimmerman killed him.

I've gotten tired of hearing "the media! it's all the media" comments by people who are for the most part, unfamiliar with the case (not saying you are, you seem to be). The media did not make this a national issue, zimmerman and trayvon did.

The media also always talks about the kardashians, and miley cyrus on an lamost daily basis. And I couldn't care less about them. Why? Because I choose to.

#667 Posted by Dernman (14731 posts) - - Show Bio
#668 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@biteme_fanboy said:

N

O

T

G

U

I

L

T

Y

/

T

H

R

E

A

D

Or you could, you know, not comment?

Shocking right? Yeah, I know.

#669 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7543 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: This thread has become pointless with people arguing the same thing over and over. When everyone should just accept that Zimmerman is not guilty. He isn't racist. No evidence of it. As well as not enough evidence to change the verdict. Let's just get over it and move along. Bitching about the verdict isn't going to make them want to do a re-do.

With that being said, take this quiz, and if you still think Zimmerman is some crazed racist then, well, I don't have much to say to you anymore.

Did you know...? Zimmerman facts.

#670 Posted by Dernman (14731 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@biteme_fanboy said:

N

O

T

G

U

I

L

T

Y

/

T

H

R

E

A

D

Or you could, you know, not comment?

Shocking right? Yeah, I know.

Or you could just move on with your life already. Mind Blown

#671 Posted by kuonphobos (4882 posts) - - Show Bio

Sour Grapes

Sore Losers

Wishful Thinking

Would you like some cheese to go with that whine?

Making a mountain out of a molehill.

Tilting at windmills.

Pie in the sky.

The grass is always greener...

Straw man arguments

Apples and Oranges

Beating a dead horse.

#672 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman:

@biteme_fanboy said:

@novi_homines: This thread has become pointless with people arguing the same thing over and over. When everyone should just accept that Zimmerman is not guilty. He isn't racist. No evidence of it. As well as not enough evidence to change the verdict. Let's just get over it and move along. Bitching about the verdict isn't going to make them want to do a re-do.

You don't have to witness the pointless arguing. You know that right?

#673 Posted by pooty (10797 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher: @novi_homines:

There has been a lot of post here. I got lost and don't remember everything that was said.

What charge do you think Zimmerman was guilty of: manslaugther or murder or self defense?

Why do you think the jury found him not guilty of all charges? Was the jury racist? Was the Prosecution inept?

Is it possible for Zimmerman to be responsible for Trayvon's death, but didn't break any laws?

#674 Posted by pooty (10797 posts) - - Show Bio
#675 Edited by Night Thrasher (3603 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

There has been a lot of post here. I got lost and don't remember everything that was said.

What charge do you think Zimmerman was guilty of: manslaugther or murder or self defense?

Why do you think the jury found him not guilty of all charges? Was the jury racist? Was the Prosecution inept?

Is it possible for Zimmerman to be responsible for Trayvon's death, but didn't break any laws?

I think Zimmerman was guilty of manslaughter. Because it wasn't premeditated but he was negligent in his actions that caused the death of Trayvon Martin. I think that some of the jury like juror B-37 went into the trial with a verdict already in mind. But, ultimately the law in Florida was the real culprit in Zimmerman being exonerated. The prosecution didn't help at all but it's hard to get around a law that allows someone to kill another human being and claim self defense and not really have to explain himself. There were a lot of lies that got thrown out and nobody questioned them, instead the prosecution turned into a defense team for Trayvon Martin. Which is a shame really. Lastly, it is possible for Zimmerman to be responsible for Trayvon's death and not break any laws. But the question really is; is that a just law that allows someone to instigate an incident, kill someone and not have to pay a price for taking a life that didn't in any way provoke you? How does a 28 year old man provoke a 17 year old boy, take his life and have a jury of 6 people decide that the 17 year old boy deserved to die?

#676 Posted by Night Thrasher (3603 posts) - - Show Bio

With that being said, take this quiz, and if you still think Zimmerman is some crazed racist then, well, I don't have much to say to you anymore.

Did you know...? Zimmerman facts.

What I want to know is why people need to trash a dead kid to make a point? Did you know that Trayvon didn't have a gun and Zimmerman did? Did you know that George Zimmerman was almost 10 years older than Trayvon Martin and should have better judgement than Trayvon? Did you know that Zimmerman was arrested for assaulting a police officer and Trayvon wasn't?

#677 Posted by pooty (10797 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

I think Zimmerman was guilty of manslaughter. Because it wasn't premeditated but he was negligent in his actions that caused the death of Trayvon Martin. I think that some of the jury like juror B-37 went into the trial with a verdict already in mind. But, ultimately the law in Florida was the real culprit in Zimmerman being exonerated. The prosecution didn't help at all but it's hard to get around a law that allows someone to kill another human being and claim self defense and not really have to explain himself. There were a lot of lies that got thrown out and nobody questioned them, instead the prosecution turned into a defense team for Trayvon Martin. Which is a shame really. Lastly, it is possible for Zimmerman to be responsible for Trayvon's death and not break any laws. But the question really is; is that a just law that allows someone to instigate an incident, kill someone and not have to pay a price for taking a life that didn't in any way provoke you? How does a 28 year old man provoke a 17 year old boy, take his life and have a jury of 6 people decide that the 17 year old boy deserved to die?

Very good reply. according to the current law I think the jury came to the only conclusion it could. That said, The LAW needs to change........IMMEDIATELY

#678 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2665 posts) - - Show Bio

Race and Crime in America

this is an interesting article I found on huffpost a bit off subject but it was released as a series of articles after the Zimmerman trail, addressing the race issues of crimes such as these.

#679 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher said:

What I want to know is why people need to trash a dead kid to make a point? Did you know that Trayvon didn't have a gun and Zimmerman did? Did you know that George Zimmerman was almost 10 years older than Trayvon Martin and should have better judgement than Trayvon? Did you know that Zimmerman was arrested for assaulting a police officer and Trayvon wasn't?

I don't get it either. I truly don't. Not only from a factual standpoint when dealing the the verdict of the case (because trayvon's background is completely irrelevant when dealing with the case). But from a character dissection standpoint as well. I think people would like to take solace in the notion that trayvon at least was a bad kid, and a criminal that simply got shot. Which would've happened anyway later in his life. Because accepting the complete opposite, certainly makes it difficult to stomach defending zimmmerman doesn't it?

#680 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23199 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to see this is still going on. He was found not guilty I think it's time to move on folks.

#681 Posted by Reignmaker (2227 posts) - - Show Bio

I would be interested in hearing someone's thoughts on this.

#682 Edited by Night Thrasher (3603 posts) - - Show Bio

I would be interested in hearing someone's thoughts on this.

Character assassination.

#683 Edited by Night Thrasher (3603 posts) - - Show Bio

#684 Posted by cameron83 (6642 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_ said:

@novi_homines said:

@_cerberus_ said:

Good point.

#685 Posted by pooty (10797 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines said:

@_cerberus_ said:

@novi_homines said:

@_cerberus_ said:

Good point.

I'm posting the 911 call here. I believe NOTHING was said that was racial profiling. But you make the call yourself.

http://misterbillohno.newsvine.com/_news/2013/07/10/19392176-transcript-of-george-zimmerman-911-call

#686 Edited by DeathHero61 (5285 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion i think they were both at fault, based on evidence, trayvon approached GZ after zimmerman decided to follow him, despite police telling him not to. If trayvon ignored him or tried something different, and if GZ stayed in the car, then none of this wouldn't have happened and we wouldn't have millions of people crying on the streets for something that is not even a big deal compared to most crimes.

#687 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion i think they were both at fault, based on evidence, trayvon approached GZ after zimmerman decided to follow him, despite police telling him not to. If trayvon ignored him or tried something different, and if GZ stayed in the car, then none of this wouldn't have happened and we wouldn't happen millions of people crying on the streets for something that is not even a big deal compared to most crimes.

Nice post, I agree I think both were very paranoid of the other...

#688 Edited by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

If Trayvon was white, Zimmerman would be doing SERIOUS time.

#689 Edited by AllStarSuperman (19998 posts) - - Show Bio

If Trayvon was white, Zimmerman would be doing SERIOUS time.

there was no need to bump this.

#690 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes there was. If Trayvon was a white boy, and Zimmerman was black, Zimmerman would be doing TIME.

#691 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19998 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes there was. If Trayvon was a white boy, and Zimmerman was black, Zimmerman would be doing TIME.

dude, your only 5 months to late. And like i need to hear the some crap over again. just drop it.