Is this the verdict you expected?

Do you think there will be riots?

Source: CBC

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

There's gonna be hell to pay.

#3 Posted by Wolverine08 (42531 posts) - - Show Bio

Smh..........................

#4 Edited by slacker the hacker (7839 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll bet you Zimmerman gets shot on the court steps or something.

#5 Posted by Pro_Nelson (1513 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to believe honestly...

#6 Edited by Dernman (15129 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

There's gonna be hell to pay.

No worries then if he's an Atheist.

I'll bet you Zimmerman gets shot on the court steps.

I'll take that bet. I wager your next pay check.

#7 Posted by SOG7dc (7256 posts) - - Show Bio

im not surprised a jury constructed of 5 gun toting white women and one hispanic let the murderer of a black kid go free. total injustice. racism is alive and well. be careful with your hoodies kids

#8 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

People who defend Zimmerman will be on here soon, and sadly I know their point. They shouldn't have went with that charge, however I still find this to be bull.

All I'm saying, keeping all my rage inside and believe me, I want to go on like a five page rant on that fat bastard but I'm going to leave that aside, they need to protect the family.

#9 Posted by YoungJustice (6846 posts) - - Show Bio

Not even on manslaughter? Damn...that's messed up.

#10 Posted by WillPayton (9477 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the intelligent and thoughtful comments on CV. Keep it up guys.

#11 Edited by TotalBalance (742 posts) - - Show Bio

Reports of some members of the crowd chanting: "No justice, no peace!"

Source

#12 Posted by WillPayton (9477 posts) - - Show Bio

My personal reaction was that I'm not surprised. From what I saw of the case, the prosecution's case was kind of weak, and I can see why the jury decided not guilty. I could see them going with either not guilty or manslaughter, but I was giving it 50/50 chances.

So, again, not surprised.

#13 Edited by danhimself (22565 posts) - - Show Bio

Jury did their job....no one said that he was innocent they said not guilty...there wasn't enough evidence to prove that he was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt

#14 Edited by WillPayton (9477 posts) - - Show Bio

@totalbalance said:

Reports of some members of the crowd chanting: "No justice, no peace!"

Source

There's always people in any crowd that are going to act like morons and trouble makers.

Fact is that there was a fair trial. It's over.

#15 Posted by SOG7dc (7256 posts) - - Show Bio

like I aid before if trayvon was white and George was black, trayvon would be under the prison

#16 Posted by cameron83 (7352 posts) - - Show Bio

Tbh,I'm not even surprised....I;m actually more scared of the reactions that will come...as well as the Ignorant,bigoted,irrational and hypocritical racism of many people.

#17 Edited by slacker the hacker (7839 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:

@slacker_the_hacker said:

I'm 16

Taking a random guess.

Why you gotta break balls?

#18 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@youngjustice said:

Tbh,I'm not even surprised....I;m actually more scared of the reactions that will come...as well as the Ignorant,bigoted,irrational and hypocritical racism of many people.

Agreed. There was going to be fallout from this, one way or the other.

#19 Posted by TotalBalance (742 posts) - - Show Bio

NAACP says that the Justice system "failed Trayvon Martin".

Source

#20 Edited by nick_hero22 (6871 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice was served

#21 Posted by SOG7dc (7256 posts) - - Show Bio

NAACP says that the Justice system "failed Trayvon Martin".

Source

that's 100% accurate

#22 Edited by cameron83 (7352 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

like I aid before if trayvon was white and George was black, trayvon would be under the prison

Ok,no offense,but I really hate when people say that.Because they have absolutely no idea the number of cases done by people of other races done on people of other races that don't even make it nationally.

I know this justice system is mainly a joke,but the world isn't exactly so black and white. There are plenty of cases of racially charged crimes against people of all races,done by people of all races that don't even make the headlines....

That being said,I am,at the very least,this:

@youngjustice said:

Again,I am more scared of reactions and the racism that I will see. Especially how oblivious people are to hundreds of other cases down yearly.

I mean,don't remind me of the HUNDREDS of injustices done to black people by the "justice" system and such,but at the same time,I am just saying that it's not limited to ONLY black people.Trust me...that being said,I can DEFINITELY understand your disappointment and frustration.

#23 Edited by Cezar_TheScribe (2615 posts) - - Show Bio

Jury did their job....no one said that he was innocent they said not guilty...there wasn't enough evidence to prove that he was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt

Yes.

Any riots will show their ignorance.

#24 Posted by WillPayton (9477 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:

I'm 16

Taking a random guess.

I never said it would happen I was just saying......

I'll give you slack because you're young. But, still... it's inappropriate. Would you like it if someone on the internet was speculating about someone murdering one of your family members, or yourself? What if some mentally unstable person reads this and gets motivated to do something about it? There's already people in the crowd outside the courthouse wanting to start trouble.

#25 Posted by Nefarious (20470 posts) - - Show Bio

Another Casey Anthony and OJ.

#26 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

IN MY HOUSE BEFORE ANGRY BLACK GUYS HIT THE STREETS

#27 Edited by Cezar_TheScribe (2615 posts) - - Show Bio

There was more than enough evidence to convict O.J. Simpson.

Not Casey Anthony.

#28 Edited by SOG7dc (7256 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83:

if you really believe that the outcome would have been the same if the races were switched I don't think you understand the way justice goes for black people. its not bull. its the sad reality. the justice system has failed black people countless times throughout history.

#29 Posted by cameron83 (7352 posts) - - Show Bio

lol come on dude,seriously.....

#30 Edited by slacker the hacker (7839 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:

@willpayton said:

I'm 16

Taking a random guess.

I never said it would happen I was just saying......

I'll give you slack because you're young. But, still... it's inappropriate. Would you like it if someone on the internet was speculating about someone murdering one of your family members, or yourself? What if some mentally unstable person reads this and gets motivated to do something about it? There's already people in the crowd outside the courthouse wanting to start trouble.

Yeah I know people are starting trouble.

So I'm assuming the worst possible thing. Maybe its the violence of today that would make assume such a thing, you know? With all that crazy stuff that happens lately. But with all that's going on it would not surprise me. Look I wouldn't want it to happen but I just thought I'd point it out.

Sorry if it wasn't right and I would wish death on no man.

I tend to say things that can be considered rude (or stupid) sometimes. Damn teenage brain.

#31 Posted by cameron83 (7352 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83:

if you really believe that the outcome would have been the same if the races were switched I don't think you understand the way justice goes for black people. its not bull. its the sad reality. the justice system has failed black people countless times throughout history.

I know that,but do you know of the other cases where it's injustice the other way around,and I don't see anyone rioting.....

In cases of rape,murder,etc...

I really hope you're not ignorant enough to think that this injustice ONLY happens to black people (not saying you are,and if you think that I AM calling you ignorant,then you're not reading what I am saying)...because that's not true.At the same time,yes,it does,sadly happen.

Again,I am scared of the racial reactions that ignorant,bigoted irrational people will make.

I don't mean being upset,I mean killing and harming people of another race,simply because of their race...these reactions have happened to people of all races in many cases (that apply). To be honest,I am disappointed in mankind as a whole....how about you?

#32 Posted by Pro_Nelson (1513 posts) - - Show Bio

We are not all angry bro xD

#33 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

This.

#34 Edited by cameron83 (7352 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4 said:

We are not all angry bro xD

I'm actually looking out my window right now.... (even though I'm black)

lol,but seriously now......no joke

#35 Posted by Nefarious (20470 posts) - - Show Bio

@nefarious said:

There was more than enough evidence to convict O.J. Simpson.

Not Casey Anthony.

Injustice in both cases and this one. I agree with you.

#37 Posted by SOG7dc (7256 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83:

I know that,but do you know of the other cases where it's injustice the other way around,and I don't see anyone rioting.....

I really hope you're not ignorant enough to think that this injustice ONLY happens to black people (not saying you are,and if you think that I AM calling you ignorant,then you're not reading what I am saying)...because that's not true.At the same time,yes,it does,sadly happen.

Again,I am scared of the racial reactions that ignorant,bigoted irrational people will make.

I don't mean being upset,I mean killing and harming people of another race,simply because of their race...these reactions have happened to people of all races in many cases (that apply). To be honest,I am disappointed in mankind as a whole....how about you?

i don't think it exclusively happens to black people but i do believe it happens more to black people than any other demographic. this injustice is making me scared for my big sister in florida. things haven't changed much in the jim crow south. and i dpnt wish harm or death on anybody. but George deserves to go to jail.

#38 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@nefarious: Some of OJ's "evidence" was rigged by Police officers, it was a mess from the start.

#39 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

Bet the Martin supporters feel like jack-asses. I'm happy the jury had some common sense. Anyone who called Zimmerman a murderer doesn't know anything about the law.

#40 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: Well, he killed him.........

#41 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

The American government loves the distraction lol

#42 Posted by cameron83 (7352 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83 said:

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83:

i don't think it exclusively happens to black people but i do believe it happens more to black people than any other demographic. this injustice is making me scared for my big sister in florida. things haven't changed much in the jim crow south. and i dpnt wish harm or death on anybody. but George deserves to go to jail.

I can definitely see your points,but I don't think that it happens more to black people than all others....and even if so,please tell me,does that somehow make it more important?

Anyway,dude,I can definitely see your point. I also fear that many blacks (and others) will do stupid acts of violence (not really helping them) and doing violent acts of harassment against people such as whites and latinos. I can actually see it..to tell you the truth,it doesn't really help them and their point and it's wrong,nonetheless.

And it ignores the fact that there were people of every race that supported Trayvon,and black people that were for Zimmerman. I haven't really followed up on the whole case,so I don't exactly have a (valid) opinion on it.

#43 Posted by Hanson724 (561 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow not even manslaughter

#44 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

im not surprised a jury constructed of 5 gun toting white women and one hispanic let the murderer of a black kid go free. total injustice. racism is alive and well. be careful with your hoodies kids

your saying that America still has a problem with systematically preferring Hispanic people to Black people?

#45 Edited by Black_Claw (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

Pissed off about the verdict. But either way, the man's life is still ruined because now he is a pariah and he probably can't go to wal mart and shop for groceries without worrying about somebody blowing his head off. Overall my prayers go out to the martin family. Can't imagine what they are going through right now.

#46 Edited by Mr_Ingenuity (7549 posts) - - Show Bio

Now can this go away.

#47 Posted by SOG7dc (7256 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83 said:

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83:

I can definitely see your points,but I don't think that it happens more to black people than all others....and even if so,please tell me,does that somehow make it more important?

Anyway,dude,I can definitely see your point. I also fear that many blacks (and others) will do stupid acts of violence (not really helping them) and doing violent acts of harassment against people such as whites and latinos. I can actually see it..to tell you the truth,it doesn't really help them and their point and it's wrong,nonetheless.

And it ignores the fact that there were people of every race that supported Trayvon,and black people that were for Zimmerman. I haven't really followed up on the whole case,so I don't exactly have a (valid) opinion on it.

it doesn't make it more important but it is the topic at hand. and i don't want black people to do anything violent because they'll actually go to jail for committing crimes. but i do wish that the justice system actually brought forth justice. it failed miserably. the prosecution did such a horrible job! i honestly feel that i, a history major, could have done a better job prosecuting a criminal case. i think the prosecution threw the case by overcharging George! and in that act i believ they threw the case. and im sorry if i sound angry but i am angry. i am disgusted. i am appalled at our broken justice system

#48 Posted by WillPayton (9477 posts) - - Show Bio

Now can this go away.

I really, really hope so.

#50 Posted by cameron83 (7352 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83 said:

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83:

Anyway,I live in Florida,and to tell you the truth,I think that the chaos will soon begin...

I am disappointed in mankind.These irrational idiots...I hope they all die in a nuke.

And don't say "white women" as if them being white dictates their opinion,please...nothing against you,but I just don't want you turning into a racist thinking that majority of white people are racist against blacks/minorities or anything like that