Gender Descrimination in Sports?

Joesoef95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Joesoef95

Okay earlier today in my Bahasa class my teacher brought a topic that I'll have to make an essay of:

Should men and women compete together in sports?

This is interesting yet difficult topic for me. My first reaction was to say yes, because it always bothers me that we are separated. But think again... Imagine a woman in a ring with Pacquiao...

So my apologizes that if I cannot participate in this discussion very much for English is not my first language, although I am very interested in what you all here think.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jhazzroucher

Let's just say the men and women were created having different roles.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I would say it depends on the sport

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
it depends on the sport heavily... Now I would love to see some of the men and women of Tennis go at it on the same court... but Men and Women playing Football together ? or Basketball together ? or Ice Hockey together ? sheeeit, that would be a train wreck. The Ladies can not really compete with The Men on the Pro Level of Sports like that. 
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By difficlus

@jhazzroucher said:

Let's just say the men and women were created having different roles.

i think they should be separated in sports.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

It greatly depends on the sport but when it comes down to it men and women are built different on a physiological level. The difference in the center of gravity between a man and a woman right down to the average height and weight is important to think about. Men have a higher potential for muscle mass which makes it easier for them to achieve higher strength and speed over women and even a greater lung capacity. It makes almost anything remotely physical between the two unfair in some way. I wouldn't go as far to call it gender discrimination that they don't compete together. I think the fact that women have leagues of their own to compete with each other in is more about equality than letting them compete with men.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By difficlus

@Uncanny_Doom said:

It greatly depends on the sport but when it comes down to it men and women are built different on a physiological level. The difference in the center of gravity between a man and a woman right down to the average height and weight is important to think about. Men have a higher potential for muscle mass which makes it easier for them to achieve higher strength and speed over women and even a greater lung capacity. It makes almost anything remotely physical between the two unfair in some way. I wouldn't go as far to call it gender discrimination that they don't compete together. I think the fact that women have leagues of their own to compete with each other in is more about equality than letting them compete with men.

well put

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By gravitypress

I would say the discrimination is in the media. Women's sports don't get the airtime men's sports do.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Static Shock

No, they shouldn't. There's a gap between the physical levels of both genders, no matter the sport.

@gravitypress: Truth.

A_Nonny_Moose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By A_Nonny_Moose

@gravitypress said:

I would say the discrimination is in the media. Women's sports don't get the airtime men's sports do.

That's because all female sports are boring as hell to watch. Do you know any fans of the WNBA? I don't either.

jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jeanlucpicard

@A_Nonny_Moose said:

@gravitypress said:

That's because all female sports are boring as hell to watch. Do you know any fans of the WNBA? I don't either.

Now thats just too true. Like what other people have said already it depends on the sport. Tennis don't involve physical contact. Most other sports do, in which case it would just be a lawsuit battle everytime they played together.