#201 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4731 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn: From my experience a lot of trendy types just label themselves for the sake of being accepted, so really I don't necessarily care how they add to the urban myth. For instance, I'm attracted to only a few types of people. They're hard to find and I don't know what I'm looking for, so I turn a blind eye to a lot of the possibles and maybes and hope that I stumble into that one person who invigorates me and makes me wish to be more as it's an option. Sexuality isn't really a predetermining factor when it comes to coupling.

#202 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29500 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn: Ah. I knew you didn't have anything against, I was just saying. Anyway, that sucks what happened.

#203 Edited by Swagger462 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hawkeye446: I always get this point across using an example from just after the American Civil War ended. I can't remember the specifics of location but basically a bunch of white dudes armed up and decided to lay siege to their local house of Parliament in an attempt to violently show support for reinstating slavery. A whole lot of freed slaves came into the building to help defend it, knowing they were outnumbered and before the authorities would be able to get there they'd most likely be dead. The thing is a fair few white men showed up to hold the defensive line too. These were men that were actually not at all effected by how badly the blacks were going to be treated. On a superficial level they were fighting someone elses fight.

But they did it anyway, knowing they'd likely die. The point of the story is the people that knew what was going on and disagreed with it were morally adjusted people. The ones who disregarded their lives for it and actually acted are the men that can be considered good men. In my view anyway.

#204 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123:You win some you lose some lol

#205 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

@Swagger462 said:

@Hawkeye446: I always get this point across using an example from just after the American Civil War ended. I can't remember the specifics of location but basically a bunch of white dudes armed up and decided to lay siege to their local house of Parliament in an attempt to violently show support for reinstating slavery. A whole lot of freed slaves came into the building to help defend it, knowing they were outnumbered and before the authorities would be able to get there they'd most likely be dead. The thing is a fair few white men showed up to hold the defensive line too. These were men that were actually not at all effected by how badly the blacks were going to be treated. On a superficial level they were fighting someone elses fight.

But they did it anyway, knowing they'd likely die. The point of the story is the people that knew what was going on and disagreed with it were morally adjusted people. The ones who disregarded their lives for it and actually acted are the men that can be considered good men. In my view anyway.

It's an interesting analogy, worth considering (:

#206 Posted by Zeraphyne (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Since this was originally a GAY RESPECT thread and not so much a discussion thread, I just wanted to say that all the gay people I ever met were among the most kind and friendly persons, I could find on this planet and why anyone would want to discriminate them, hate them, hurt them and take away their rights as human beings is beyond me.

PERIOD!

#207 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

I won't say I'm the most gay supportive person, Don't really know that many LGBT people, but I have no problem with gay guys or stuff like that. I admit though it's the gay guys who sound like a girl, dress like one, etc. that kind of really annoy me. Like there's gays who act like normal guys that I would have no problem with.

#208 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I fully support gay rights and have gay and bisexual friends here and in my everyday life as well as family. I find the courage it took for them to come out and be themselves despite the persecution that followed to be very admirable and hope that one day soon we won't be divided on gay civil rights and will see past our differences.

#209 Posted by BumpyBoo (9239 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zeraphyne said:

Since this was originally a GAY RESPECT thread and not so much a discussion thread, I just wanted to say that all the gay people I ever met were among the most kind and friendly persons, I could find on this planet and why anyone would want to discriminate them, hate them, hurt them and take away their rights as human beings is beyond me.

PERIOD!

@Blood1991 said:

I fully support gay rights and have gay and bisexual friends here and in my everyday life as well as family. I find the courage it took for them to come out and be themselves despite the persecution that followed to be very admirable and hope that one day soon we won't be divided on gay civil rights and will see past our differences.

^_^ High fives all round!

@Jnr6Lil said:

I won't say I'm the most gay supportive person, Don't really know that many LGBT people, but I have no problem with gay guys or stuff like that. I admit though it's the gay guys who sound like a girl, dress like one, etc. that kind of really annoy me. Like there's gays who act like normal guys that I would have no problem with.

By coming here and saying that...maybe you are more LGBT supportive than you thought? :) Embrace the opening of your mind!

Moderator Online
#210 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a lesbian nor bisexual but I gladly support gay rights and could never understand why others insist on being so nosy and close minded to someone's personal life. I believe that everyone should follow their heart and do what makes them happy. The heart cannot see gender nor color it can only feel love of someone who's a genuine caring person. Just like Steve Jobs once said, "Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice."

#211 Posted by BumpyBoo (9239 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista said:

I'm not a lesbian nor bisexual but I gladly support gay rights and could never understand why others insist on being so nosy and close minded to someone's personal life. I believe that everyone should follow their heart and do what makes them happy. The heart cannot see gender nor color it can only feel love of someone who's a genuine caring person. Just like Steve Jobs once said, "Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice."

This is fast becoming the heartwarming thread it was intended to be.

Moderator Online
#212 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

My best friend is a proud lesbian. So for that, the gay community deserves a hug for helping her find her place in this whacky world we call reality. :)

#213 Edited by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

@Samimista said:

This is fast becoming the heartwarming thread it was intended to be.

=) Love is the best feeling in the world. It's an unbreakable bond between two people. Gender nor color shouldn't matter. It's happiness that matters.

#214 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zeraphyne said:

PERIOD!

@Blood1991 said:

How splendid :) I agree!!!!

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

My best friend is a proud lesbian. So for that, the gay community deserves a hug for helping her find her place in this whacky world we call reality. :)

That's lovely :)

@Jnr6Lil said:

Well that's more open-minded than you think ^_^ Just means the way certain people behave irritates you - but it's not because their gay.

@Samimista: @BumpyBoo:

You're both splendid!!! Such lovely comments ^__^

#215 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hawkeye446:

*hugs*

:)

#216 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

I support gay rights but respect is a personal thing so I honestly can't say I fully respect anyone I haven't met. Not that I'm saying anyone isn't worthy of respect in general but I was raised to believe that respect is utterly meaningless unless its earned and aside from famous war heroes and respectable political figures that means anyone I haven't personally met has yet to earn my personal respect because obviously they haven't had an opportunity to. But I don't hold any disrespect to the LGBT community as a whole.

#217 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

I support gay rights but respect is a personal thing so I honestly can't say I fully respect anyone I haven't met. Not that I'm saying anyone isn't worthy of respect in general but I was raised to believe that respect is utterly meaningless unless its earned and aside from famous war heroes and respectable political figures that means anyone I haven't personally met has yet to earn my personal respect because obviously they haven't had an opportunity to. But I don't hold any disrespect to the LGBT community as a whole.

I understand what you mean - But it's more about showing respect than giving it. Does that make sense?

#218 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hawkeye446: Like I said I would never disrespect someone for being gay. I would be civil and polite as I am to everyone before they give me a reason not to be. Honestly being extra respectful to someone just due to their race, religion or sexual orientation isn't really that much different than disrespecting them on the same grounds. I judge everyone on their actual merits and people in the LGBT community are about the same as any other group, some great people, some assholes, most somewhere in the middle of the two.

#219 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@Hawkeye446: Like I said I would never disrespect someone for being gay. I would be civil and polite as I am to everyone before they give me a reason not to be. Honestly being extra respectful to someone just due to their race, religion or sexual orientation isn't really that much different than disrespecting them on the same grounds. I judge everyone on their actual merits and people in the LGBT community are about the same as any other group, some great people, some assholes, most somewhere in the middle of the two.

And once again I understand exactly what you mean. What I was trying to explain is that I'm not saying you should give people excessive respect, and respect them from something so trivial - but rather respect them to the same degree as anyone else (at a plain level).

Anyway - I completely understand what you mean and agree 100%.

#220 Posted by BumpyBoo (9239 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

QFT!

Moderator Online
#221 Posted by Ebbm (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

@theTimeStreamer said:

@warlock360: i see your point and agree. you dont see straight or bisexual people 'expressing' themselves every/any chance they get. people dont care what your sexual orientation is. they have real problems like taxes.

haha yes they do. Straight people hold hands, kiss and hug in public all the time. Nothing wrong with that, just like there is nothing wrong with a gay couple doing it, its just that a gay couple stand out more because its not the norm.

#222 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

I am loving what I see on this thread. Just read it through in its entirety and am not surprised. The CV community is awesome.

#223 Posted by BumpyBoo (9239 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

I am loving what I seeing on this thread. Just read it through its entirety and am not surprised. The CV community is awesome.

Yeah, there has been nowhere near the level of tension I expected! ^_^

Moderator Online
#224 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ebbm said:

@theTimeStreamer said:

@warlock360: i see your point and agree. you dont see straight or bisexual people 'expressing' themselves every/any chance they get. people dont care what your sexual orientation is. they have real problems like taxes.

haha yes they do. Straight people hold hands, kiss and hug in public all the time. Nothing wrong with that, just like there is nothing wrong with a gay couple doing it, its just that a gay couple stand out more because its not the norm.

This comment is highly appreciated ^_^

@lykopis said:

I am loving what I see on this thread. Just read it through in its entirety and am not surprised. The CV community is awesome.

Damn Truth. We're like one big gay family! ^_^

... happy that is...

@BumpyBoo said:

@lykopis said:

I am loving what I seeing on this thread. Just read it through its entirety and am not surprised. The CV community is awesome.

Yeah, there has been nowhere near the level of tension I expected! ^_^

^___^

#225 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13134 posts) - - Show Bio

im totally gay for Greg Cipes.

#226 Posted by feebadger (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hawkeye446 said:

@Aiden Cross: My stash!

Why aren't these guys part of the New 52??? WHY!?!!?

#227 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

@feebadger: You're hilarious :D

#228 Posted by MonsterStomp (17916 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is wierd.

#229 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

This thread is wierd.

I guess so.

#230 Edited by Zeraphyne (101 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

This thread is wierd.

Would you like to specify that? I´m just not quite sure, what it is you want to tell us :)

#231 Posted by MonsterStomp (17916 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zeraphyne said:

@MonsterStomp said:

This thread is wierd.

Would you like to specify that? I´m just not quite sure, what it is you want to tell us :)

I'm not against gays or anything. I just don't see why we have to make a specific thread about gays. Why not make a few threads about racism or animal cruelty? Its not necessary.

#232 Posted by BumpyBoo (9239 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

@Zeraphyne said:

@MonsterStomp said:

This thread is wierd.

I'm not against gays or anything. I just don't see why we have to make a specific thread about gays. Why not make a few threads about racism or animal cruelty? Its not necessary.

I didn't realize there was a hierarchy when it comes to tolerance. I will refer you to the OP: this is a support thread, NOT a debate thread.

Moderator Online
#233 Posted by Zeraphyne (101 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Zeraphyne said:

@MonsterStomp said:

This thread is wierd.

I didn't realize there was a hierarchy when it comes to tolerance. I will refer you to the OP: this is a support thread, NOT a debate thread.

Thanks, Bumpy! I wasn´t sure how to respond to this without getting into a discussion :)

#234 Posted by MonsterStomp (17916 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Zeraphyne said:

@MonsterStomp said:

This thread is wierd.

Fair enough. I was just throwing out my opinion. You do get my point though?

#235 Posted by BumpyBoo (9239 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Zeraphyne said:

@MonsterStomp said:

This thread is wierd.

You're asking me to agree with a statement that basically states that any physical or mental bullying I endure because of my sexuality is unimportant, when compared to the suffering of a dog? You want me to see your point, when your point is that I do not matter as much as an animal?

Good luck with that.

Moderator Online
#236 Posted by MonsterStomp (17916 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Zeraphyne said:

@MonsterStomp said:

This thread is wierd.

You're asking me to agree with a statement that basically states that any physical or mental bullying I endure because of my sexuality is unimportant, when compared to the suffering of a dog? You want me to see your point, when your point is that I do not matter as much as an animal?

Good luck with that.

Im saying you don't need to lable things. Like I said I have nothing against gays. Hell, one of my best friend is a lesbian. Why make a respect thread for a world wide issue? Animal Cruelty is a world wide issue, Racism is a world wide issue ETC. I wasn't saying you don't matter. I just don't see the point in throwing around several threads, all with the same point at hand. Animal cruelty was just an example, like racism, I wonder why you didn't use that instead? Stop accusing me.

#237 Posted by BumpyBoo (9239 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Zeraphyne said:

@MonsterStomp said:

This thread is wierd.

Good luck with that.

Im saying you don't need to lable things. Like I said I have nothing against gays. Hell, one of my best friend is a lesbian. Why make a respect thread for a world wide issue? Animal Cruelty is a world wide issue, Racism is a world wide issue ETC. I wasn't saying you don't matter. I just don't see the point in throwing around several threads, all with the same point at hand. Animal cruelty was just an example, like racism, I wonder why you didn't use that instead? Stop accusing me.

That is just the impression I got from what you said. I didn't mean to offend you, or accuse you of anything. But when you ask someone why they would make a thread supporting gayness and suggest that they make threads about racism and animal cruelty instead, it does give the impression that you think some of these issues are more important than others. But anything that makes people feel better about themselves is important. And that is what this thread is supposed to be.

I'm not saying you shouldn't express your opinion, but there are threads dedicated to that, and this is not one of them

Moderator Online
#238 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hawkeye446: Thank you dearie. Let's spread lots of love on this thread!

#239 Posted by BumpyBoo (9239 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista said:

The balance is restored ^_^

Moderator Online
#240 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

@Samimista said:

^____^

#241 Posted by BumpyBoo (9239 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@Samimista said:

^____^

Moderator Online
#242 Posted by MonsterStomp (17916 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Zeraphyne said:

@MonsterStomp said:

This thread is wierd.

Good luck with that.

That is just the impression I got from what you said. I didn't mean to offend you, or accuse you of anything. But when you ask someone why they would make a thread supporting gayness and suggest that they make threads about racism and animal cruelty instead, it does give the impression that you think some of these issues are more important than others. But anything that makes people feel better about themselves is important. And that is what this thread is supposed to be.

I'm not saying you shouldn't express your opinion, but there are threads dedicated to that, and this is not one of them

I understand. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#243 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18047 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@Samimista said:

^____^

Is that Freddie Mercury?

#244 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@Samimista said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@Samimista said:

^____^

Is that Freddie Mercury?

Yuppers! He's a meme online.~

#245 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18047 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@Samimista said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@Samimista said:

^____^

Is that Freddie Mercury?

Yuppers! He's a meme online.~

Oh right.

#246 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

RESPECT :)

#247 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo: @Samimista: @Chaos Prime: :)

#248 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Zeraphyne said:

@MonsterStomp said:

This thread is wierd.

Good luck with that.

Well - make a racism thread? The reason this thread was made, as the spectacular stated, is to give support. In today's society, and on the Vine especially, racism isn't a rampant issue. However, many people still show severe ignorance to LGBT people. It's something that is often hidden if people are in an awkward environment, and this thread is partly a statement to say that it's OK, and there are people who can relate.

One of the wonder's about a forum is that a thread can be made for nearly anything, in my opinion, this was important.

You can go make a thread about canoeing in volcanoes for all I care ^_^

#249 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hawkeye446: HEY! As a canoe, I resent your comment. -_-

#250 Posted by charlieboy (7160 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME iDEA!!!