Gay Respect Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#151  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@warlock360:

Well with a little more info, I see what you're saying now. But still, I don't agree. Having a thread for gay people to share their common interest is no different to say, a Marvel thread for people to share THEIR common interest. To me, anyway. I respect your opinion, I just don't share it.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#152  Edited By Hawkeye446
Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Hawkeye446

@BumpyBoo: Agreed, and you should check out my article up there ^ :)

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@Hawkeye446: What an interesting article! I actually know a couple of people who don't mind the sexual aspect, but they themselves are repulsed by the idea of actually kissing someone of the same gender. I say if you love 'em, give 'em a fuss! Don't like it? Look elsewhere!

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#155  Edited By warlock360

@Hawkeye446 said:

@warlock360 said:

@Hawkeye446: neither labeled nor generalised. Treated as the same. This is sort of a "seperaton"

Why? Celebrating gay people is bad? Anyone is allowed to post. Rather, it brings like-minded people together, regardless of sexuality, to share beliefs and happiness.

No-one finds straight people gross, no-one is repulsed by them, or threatens them for being Hetero. Straight people aren't thought of as less than human, and degenerative.

your probably speaking about religious believers on that hand, and things that were metaphorically written on sheet so people could follow the rules for a couple of centuries. there can be a dozen of idiots for evey bright one that stands out and who's opinion actually matters such as...

No Caption Provided

Same goes for our Cultural behaviour. Religion has had a huge impact on cultural development and most of the religions didn't handle that subject too well. Though there were certain outstanders like the Island Lesbos, might wanna check that out. I don't know where you live but I've seen gay people kiss in public at the trainstation and no one looked at them any differently then they did / or would to any other young couple kissing...

If you really believe the whole world is against you because some people have an opinion then that's your mindset. I was just theorizing about it.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Hawkeye446

@BumpyBoo said:

@Hawkeye446: What an interesting article! I actually know a couple of people who don't mind the sexual aspect, but they themselves are repulsed by the idea of actually kissing someone of the same gender. I say if you love 'em, give 'em a fuss! Don't like it? Look elsewhere!

Agreed :)

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#157  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@warlock360: i see your point and agree. you dont see straight or bisexual people 'expressing' themselves every/any chance they get. people dont care what your sexual orientation is. they have real problems like taxes.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@warlock360: I don't believe the world is against me. And if you haven't seen homophobia for yourself then good for you! But I have been kicked, punched, bullied, insulted and spat on. I have friends who have been hospitalised. My best friend was seen holding hands with his partner by the wrong group of people, and ended up hving 36 stitches in his face.

I get your point, but your flippant attitude is not appreciated. Maybe it isn't like that where you live, but where I live it really is. This is about more than some persecution complex.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Hawkeye446

@warlock360: I never said everyone hates gay people. I'm simply stating that many do based on the minuscule fact of sexual orientation.

And in my opinion, hiding from those people makes it seem like you're happy to be hidden - something which I think is unfair and un-true. Ideally, whether one kisses a man or woman shouldn't matter.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#160  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I don't get it...is this a respect thread for gay characters or just gay people in general?

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#161  Edited By Aiden Cross

@timestreamer: ermmm... Yes they do. People do care. Hence why gay marriage isnt allowed in many countries, that's why many people arent 'allowed' to be gay by family/friends etc.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Hawkeye446

@Vance Astro said:

I don't get it...is this a respect thread for gay characters or just gay people in general?

Either and both.

@theTimeStreamer said:

@warlock360: i see your point and agree. you dont see straight or bisexual people 'expressing' themselves every/any chance they get. people dont care what your sexual orientation is. they have real problems like taxes.

Some* people. Not all.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Hawkeye446

@Aiden Cross said:

@timestreamer: ermmm... Yes they do. People do care. Hence why gay marriage isnt allowed in many countries, that's why many people arent 'allowed' to be gay by family/friends etc.

@BumpyBoo said:

@warlock360: I don't believe the world is against me. And if you haven't seen homophobia for yourself then good for you! But I have been kicked, punched, bullied, insulted and spat on. I have friends who have been hospitalised. My best friend was seen holding hands with his partner by the wrong group of people, and ended up hving 36 stitches in his face.

I get your point, but your flippant attitude is not appreciated. Maybe it isn't like that where you live, but where I live it really is. This is about more than some persecution complex.

This.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@Hawkeye446 said:

@Vance Astro said:

Either and both.

@theTimeStreamer said:

Some* people. Not all.

Seconded! After alll....

How many threads on here are by men discussing which female character is hottest/ has the biggest jugs/ would make the best girlfriend?

How many threads on here are by women talking about Nightwing's "sweet ass"/ super buff male hotties?

How many magazines and newspapers are there - FHM, Nuts etc - dealing almost exclusively with the expression of heterosexual desires and lifestyles?

Straight people, in my experience, express their straightness just as much as we express our gayness.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Hawkeye446

@BumpyBoo said:

@Hawkeye446 said:

@Vance Astro said:

Either and both.

@theTimeStreamer said:

Some* people. Not all.

Seconded! After alll....

How many threads on here are by men discussing which female character is hottest/ has the biggest jugs/ would make the best girlfriend?

How many threads on here re by women talking about Nightwing's "sweet ass"/ super buff male hotties?

How many magazines and newspapers are there - FHM, Nuts etc - dealing almost exclusively with the expression of heterosexual desires and lifestyles?

Straight people, in my experience, express their straightness just as much as we express our gayness.

Quoted for the definite and obvious truth! ^__^

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#166  Edited By Aiden Cross

Awesomely said Bumpy! ^_^

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@Aiden Cross: Well we do have a term for people who aren't homophobic, and just want to point out that we're making a big deal out of nothing. People who insist that if we would just stop discussing our gayness, integration would be just around the corner:

Passive aggressive homophobia. That is what I would call that.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By warlock360

@BumpyBoo said: been in those situations myself, but only because i couldn't walk as fast. I've been beaten with sticks and a whole lot of other things too for having a muscle dissorder since i was born. I can relate to the sort of hatred or hospitality it brings with being different. One day my mom bought me these new jeans and on the next day I've been pushed into a huge mud puddle. the bus driver didn't let me in so i had to walk home, can you imagine how long it took me to come up with an answer for my mother to explain why these jeans got that dirty? because i was treated differently for being "at all"? My morals learned me not to hate them, but rather pity them in a way. Same goes for any other humans who can't accept people "not always fitting the standard".

Mammals Reptiles Amphibians or even Avians, they all have a distinct (at least) "distrust" in anything that seems off to their normal world, some will overdo it and turn distrust into rapid behaviour out of anxiety and such, which just goes to prove how weak they truly are.

Strange though how I said nothing to harm anyone in this thread and i was shown sudden hospitality...

@Hawkeye446: Not hiding, especially not hiding. But rather instead of totally standing out, being with is much better. Just like we're here on CV, and not GayCV and normalCV, that would suck o.O

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By warlock360

@BumpyBoo said:

@Hawkeye446 said:

@Vance Astro said:

Either and both.

@theTimeStreamer said:

Some* people. Not all.

Seconded! After alll....

Not like Lesbians couldn't post in it either, and i know for a fact that this has happened ;D just because a male started a for him seemingly straight topic doesn't mean you can't use it if your from the same gender. A girlfriend would still be a girlfriend from either gender or not?

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@warlock360: I wasn't intending to be hostile, but I felt you were trivializing homophobia. Natural wariness of things that are different is no excuse for the kind of treatment some gay people receive. It's not personal at all. I just took exception to the implication that gay people bring it on themselves somehow, and that the world isn't as bad as we make out. That's all. The OP states that this is not a hate thread, a debate thread, or anything other than celebratory thread. So to join in with nothing positive to say is kind of asking for trouble really.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@warlock360: Well of course lesbians join the debate of which girl is hottest. I am one of them, so I know you're right. But the vast majority are straight responses. The example is perfectly valid.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By warlock360

@BumpyBoo said:

@warlock360: Well of course lesbians join the debate of which girl is hottest. I am one of them, so I know you're right. But the vast majority are straight responses. The example is perfectly valid.

Ok then i wont rant on since it is a respect thread :D though last thing, maybe the vast majority on CV is just... straight?^^

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Hawkeye446

@warlock360 said:

@BumpyBoo said: been in those situations myself, but only because i couldn't walk as fast. I've been beaten with sticks and a whole lot of other things too for having a muscle dissorder since i was born. I can relate to the sort of hatred or hospitality it brings with being different. One day my mom bought me these new jeans and on the next day I've been pushed into a huge mud puddle. the bus driver didn't let me in so i had to walk home, can you imagine how long it took me to come up with an answer for my mother to explain why these jeans got that dirty? because i was treated differently for being "at all"? My morals learned not to hate them, but rather pity them in a way. Same goes for any other humans who can't accept people "not always fitting the standard".

Manmals Reptiles Amphibians or even Avians, they all have a distinct (at least) "distrust" in anything that seems off to their normal world, some will overdo it and turn distrust into rapid behaviour out of anxiety and such, which just goes to prove how weak they truly are.

Strange though how I said nothing to harm anyone in this thread and i was shown sudden hospitality...

@Hawkeye446: Not hiding, especially not hiding. But rather instead of totally standing out, being with is much better. Just like we're here on CV, and not GayCV and normalCV, that would suck o.O

Yes, I understand what you are saying. However, this thread's purpose is simply to show support. Not to segregate one from another. I re-iterate that this is for anyone's benefit, to share and what not.

I really DO know what you mean - but this thread has a purpose, even if it's just to make people feel better about themselves.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Hawkeye446

@BumpyBoo said:

@warlock360: I wasn't intending to be hostile, but I felt you were trivializing homophobia. Natural wariness of things that are different is no excuse for the kind of treatment some gay people receive. It's not personal at all. I just took exception to the implication that gay people bring it on themselves somehow, and that the world isn't as bad as we make out. That's all. The OP states that this is not a hate thread, a debate thread, or anything other than celebratory thread. So to join in with nothing positive to say is kind of asking for trouble really.

@BumpyBoo said:

On a roll.

icysloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#175  Edited By icysloth

If your really homophobic according to Ahmadinejad, you can just go live in his country.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Hawkeye446

@icysloth said:

If your really homophobic according to Ahmadinejad, you can just go live in his country.

OMG. Lol -_______________-

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Hawkeye446

@warlock360: It's come to my attention that the things I've said were hostile. I'm sorry if it came off that way - it wasn't my intention and I do understand what you are saying, honestly :)

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator
icysloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By icysloth

http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/man-offers-65-million-man-marry-lesbian-daughter-211300820.html

'I love you more than I love my lesbian daughter.'Webster's defines "dowry" as the money, goods or estate that a wife brings to her husband at marriage. They define "diarrhea" as, well, you probably know that one, especially if you love coffee and Thai food. But now, a story out of Hong Kong has convinced us to coin the term "dowrrhea," which we define as the willfully sh*tty act of attempting to control an offspring's life by throwing around money. And, per NBCNews.com, a Cantonese billionaire has a really bad case of it.

Imagine, if you will, you're a Chinese playboy tycoon and your daughter, flesh of your flesh, would prefer not to produce grandchildren for you, but instead has joined the sisterhood of Sapphos. Beautiful and natural, right?

Well, the shipping and real estate magnate Mr. Cecil Chao Sze-tsung has decided to throw money at the "problem." He's offering $65 million to any man who can worm his way into his 33-year-old daughter Gigi Chao's heart (and underpants) and convince her that team hetero is the way to go. I'm not sure how big the Chinese are on irony, but in my mind the fact that Mr. Chao claims to have bedded 10,000 women and not married a single one of them makes his daughter's sexuality and lifestyle the ultimate compliment. "I learned it from watching you, dad."

More From YourTango:Study: Men Are OK With Lesbian Cheating

Tycoon Lesbian Daughter Dowry-Gate (as no one is calling it) was prompted by reports that Ms. Chao married Sean Eav, her partner of seven years, in France. Mr. Chao roundly denies the report, but the timing makes a reasonable person pretty sure the French femme-on-femme-forever fete happened. In a comment that would make America's own real estate butt-hat Donald Trump proud, Mr. Chao said: "It is an inducement to attract someone who has the talent but not the capital to start his own business. I don't mind whether he is rich or poor. The important thing is that he is generous and kind-hearted." Though Mr. Trump would have likely somehow squeezed "Wharton" into the conversation.

I certainly know people who have tried to bribe their daughters out of crummy relationships. And unless I'm completely unfamiliar with innuendo, I believe a father once tried to convince me to put a ring on it. But trying to bribe a man to rescue your daughter from lesbianism is a bit too far for me. It's possible I'm being culturally insensitive. But the important thing is, hopefully Justin Theroux and Kristen Wiig are working on a fictionalized version of this for Rebel Wilson to star in.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By warlock360

@Hawkeye446: no biggie

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Hawkeye446

@BumpyBoo said:

^_^ I have this on my computer, ahahha. An oddly amusing album :D

Swagger462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#183  Edited By Swagger462

Power to anyone who is facing any issues in regards to homosexuality. I hope by the time I'm a father world will be in a position where kids can just come home and introduce their parents to their partner and if they turn out to be the same sex that's how you'll know. Just like how I didn't have to break it to my parents that I was straight before they met my girlfriend.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Hawkeye446

@icysloth: The highlighted article was very interesting.

Not all that surprising though :P

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Hawkeye446

@Swagger462 said:

Power to anyone who is facing any issues in regards to homosexuality. I hope by the time I'm a father world will be in a position where kids can just come home and introduce their parents to their partner and if they turn out to be the same sex that's how you'll know. Just like how I didn't have to break it to my parents that I was straight before they met my girlfriend.

You're a good man! That's a great example.

@warlock360 said:

@Hawkeye446: no biggie

(:

icysloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By icysloth

@Hawkeye446: Sasha baron Cohen says he is going to make it into a movie

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Hawkeye446

@icysloth said:

@Hawkeye446: Sasha baron Cohen says he is going to make it into a movie

Oh lord. That'll be interesting ;P

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Glitch_Spawn: Those who want cannot have. Those who are simply bang.

icysloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By icysloth

@Glitch_Spawn: Im straight but my sisters bisexual, she says its about loving the person regardless of there sex. I still think she is just a huge lezbo, but I love her anyway.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#193  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Glitch_Spawn said:

Everyone on here knows I'm completely for gay rights, but someone explain why anyone would want to be bisexual?

I have a friend who's bi.

He loves it. He used to hate himself for it (religious reasons) but he got over it and he now finds it liberating, because he can like anyone.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Glitch_Spawn: "Cheating" badly?

Swagger462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#196  Edited By Swagger462

@Hawkeye446: I appreciate the compliment dude, but honestly I have never seen myself as a good man. From my subjective view I see myself as neutral on the moral scale. Anyone that is for racism, or sexism or homophobia or anything that gets in the way of equal human rights is just a pig.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Glitch_Spawn: Sorry bro. But just because someone likes both doesn't mean they're more likely to cheat, it just means they ... well, like both.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Hawkeye446

@Swagger462 said:

@Hawkeye446: I appreciate the compliment dude, but honestly I have never seen myself as a good man. From my subjective view I see myself as neutral on the moral scale. Anyone that is for racism, or sexism or homophobia or anything that gets in the way of equal human rights is just a pig.

That's very enlightened. I suppose in today's society one is a good person for simply not treating others badly.