Gay marriage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By minigunman123

I'm not voicing an opinion either way, but I'm curious, all I've seen on the off-topic forums are people going "gay marriage ftw, people that say otherwise are a$$holes", which is a bit unfair and not understanding.

Is anyone AGAINST gay marriage? I'm 16, it doesn't matter to me either way, I'll start giving a crap about that part of the law when I'm old enough to have it apply to me :D

Voice your controversial, non-mainstream opinions on the matter here! If you're FOR gay marriage, more power to you!

P.S. This is not a gay bashing thread, I'm just curious if there's any diversity as far as opinions on this political issue go.

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

I think they should let Gay people marry so we can move on already. There's more important issues to be looked at.

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Stormultt

I'm against gay marriage.

Controversy>>>Logic

zexion_armando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4  Edited By zexion_armando

I don't see how anyone can be against the legal portions of marriage (not the religious ones) being made available to everyone. Yes, you can be against gay marriage and unions, and homosexuality in general, but you can keep it to yourself. They should be able to adopt, file taxes together, have power of attorney and share other rights that straight couples have.

People are so quick to beg and whine over too much government control, yet a lot of them would rather have the government control and limit someone's rights for their own personal opinion and soapbox.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cattlebattle

If straight people have to suffer the mundane existence of pointless institutions......gay people should too....

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I don't care if gay people get married or not.I got family members trying to find work.Our effed up economy is way more important.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I just don't see WHY people would be against it, frankly unless they are the couple, it's none of their concern, the main reason I hear about people being against it is because it would "ruin the sanctity of marriage." Which to me, has been ruined since it was created, hell, 50% of heterosexual marriages end in divorce, and I bet those who stick it out are miserable most of the time as well.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Blood1991

I'm 100% for nation wide gay marriage if people have an issue tough Sh!t Interracial marriage may have taken another decade to pass if the supreme court hadn't pushed for it.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AweSam

I see no logical reason to be against it.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ssejllenrad

Happy marriage?!?!? People are against happy marriage??? For shaaaaame! Nyehehehe! I know it's a bad joke but what the hell.

Chris Rock has spoken of this matter and it got suck in my mind. "Gay people have as much right to be miserable in marriage as the straight people are." Gay marriage ain't "destroying the family" as some bullcrap the rightist a-holes want to point out.

One thing though, I'm all for gay marriage as long as individual churches are not forced against its own beliefs to marry homosexuals. I mean it's good as long as only the state (civil) and willing churches are the ones to do it. I don't agree with, say, forcing the LDS or Catholics to marry homosexuals even though it is against their dogmas.

Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

@Vance Astro said:

I don't care if gay people get married or not.I got family members trying to find work.Our effed up economy is way more important.

Exactly.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Enemybird

People are upset because the definition of marriage would be changing... Its supposed to be between a man and a woman. However discrimination on this matter is wrong. Even as a Christian I cant go against my heart on this one... I hope the Lord will forgive me.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ssejllenrad

From a Christian's POV, I'm a bigger "sexual sinner" than the gays... Cause I do love to fornicate! Nyahahahahaha!

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

.@zexion_armando said:

I don't see how anyone can be against the legal portions of marriage (not the religious ones) being made available to everyone. Yes, you can be against gay marriage and unions, and homosexuality in general, but you can keep it to yourself. They should be able to adopt, file taxes together, have power of attorney and share other rights that straight couples have.

People are so quick to beg and whine over too much government control, yet a lot of them would rather have the government control and limit someone's rights for their own personal opinion and soapbox.

I agree, but that last bit didn't really make sense. The Federal Government doesn't really decide who can and who can't get married, the people do by voting. I believe gays should be able to marry without hesitation, but there are ways to go about things. North Carolina recently had a poll where 63% of the population voted against gay marriage and instantly people got angry and demanded the the government to step in and grant marriage to everyone as if they had the right and the means to do so and that right there should tell you something. These people need to be slowly educated without having their rights stepped on because right now more people are for gay marriage than against it. The feds intervening in state affairs is not only unnecessary, but is highly reckless and dangerous.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only people upset by gay marriage just believe it's icky. By that puerile logic, I won't marry either way because men are slobs and women have cooties.

But Betty Bowers gives a rundown of marriage throughout the bible for a clearer understanding why everyone is doing it wrong if it's the zealot approach to the sanctity portion.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By blackadamFTW

I honestly don't really care. I'm perfectly fine if gay marriage is legalized, but I'm not gonna make a fuss if it isn't.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By Pokeysteve

We can thank the Christians for this one. It isn't a political issue. It's a religious issue. Free country my ass.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By joshmightbe

The only reason this is an issue is because politicians on both sides want to distract you from the fact that they have colossally screwed up our economy to the point where it may not be fixable so they start a fight over a hot button issue for both right wing religious people and left wing civil rights activists who of course freak out and take up room on the news leaving no time to cover the actually important facts about the ever approaching days when we'll all have to start eating our shoes when we can no longer afford food

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By blackadamFTW

@joshmightbe said:

The only reason this is an issue is because politicians on both sides want to distract you from the fact that they have colossally screwed up our economy to the point where it may not be fixable so they start a fight over a hot button issue for both right wing religious people and left wing civil rights activists who of course freak out and take up room on the news leaving no time to cover the actually important facts about the ever approaching days when we'll all have to start eating our shoes when we can no longer afford food

Haha, agreed.

Avatar image for apatheticavenger
ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#20  Edited By ApatheticAvenger
I'm with Cap.
I'm with Cap.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Static Shock

Gay people should get married. That said, I'm more worried about what's going on in my life than that.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Yung ANcient One

I don't see what the problem is. I hear people say Marriage is a Religious thing; well I thought it was suppose to be church separated from state, or something like that.

On a side Note:

X-Men

Reading, and watching the X-Men made me anti-prejudice. I really dislike it like it makes my blood boil sometimes like What are you talking ABOUT?

Hopefully One day things WILL change. (+)

Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By Ebbm

I'm tired of hearing people talk about how there are more important issues. First of all, you come off as apathetic and a little prickish, just because you are not gay and don't experience first hand the negative effects of not being able to marry doesn't make it unimportant. Second off, so what if there are more important issues, this country is capable of accomplishing/doing more than one thing at once. The Civil Rights Movement took place the same time of The Vietnam War and the counterculture and the sexual revolution, etc. Politicians can give their views on gay marriage while simultaneously working on fixing the economy. The media can give space to both stories about gay marriage and unemployment, recession, national debt and whatever else.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Ebbm said:

I'm tired of hearing people talk about how there are more important issues. First of all, you come off as apathetic and a little prickish, just because you are not gay and don't experience first hand the negative effects of not being able to marry doesn't make it unimportant. Second off, so what if there are more important issues, this country is capable of accomplishing/doing more than one thing at once. The Civil Rights Movement took place the same time of The Vietnam War and the counterculture and the sexual revolution, etc. Politicians can give their views on gay marriage while simultaneously working on fixing the economy. The media can give space to both stories about gay marriage and unemployment, recession, national debt and whatever else.

THERE ARE more important issues.Even if you're gay, putting food on the table and being able to pay your rent is more important than marriage.That's just a fact.
Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ebbm

@Vance Astro said:

@Ebbm said:

THERE ARE more important issues.Even if you're gay, putting food on the table and being able to pay your rent is more important than marriage.That's just a fact.

You didn't read what I wrote or you misread it. Beside those things you mention are always going to be around. Are you suggesting we hold up on everything else until they get fixed? It's not conceivable.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By Trodorne

@cattlebattle said:

If straight people have to suffer the mundane existence of pointless institutions......gay people should too....

exactly homosexuals should be allowed to be trapped in loveless marriages and lose half their S*** like everyone else.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Ebbm said:

You didn't read what I wrote or you misread it.

I didn't misread what you said and I did read it.
Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ebbm

@Vance Astro: Ok, so then you know that I acknowledge that there are more important issues and that this country is capable of multitasking.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Static Shock

It's about to get real in here.

Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

lol

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By Aiden Cross

@Ebbm said:

Agreed.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ssejllenrad

Manny Pacman says gays should be put to death...

Sigh... He was such a role model up until those stupid extreme fundamentalists meddled with his ideologies.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By minigunman123

Damn... Shiz just got real.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By joshmightbe

@Ebbm: I'm not saying it isn't important, I'm saying the only reason Gay Marriage is still illegal is so the government can use the topic of its legalization to distract us from their epic f**k ups. Every time a politician has come out for or against gay rights its always in the middle of some huge problem the government has caused. It sucks that gay people are the current pawns but they aren't the first and won't be the last.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Ebbm said:

@Vance Astro: Ok, so then you know that I acknowledge that there are more important issues and that this country is capable of multitasking.

Yes, I read it.The point i'm making to you is that the OP asks for our personal opinions on gay marriage.You said that you're tired of people saying there are more important issues...well in my opinion, and for me personally gay marriage isn't even on my radar because there are more important things to worry about.The country can multitask but that has nothing to do with me.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Static Shock

@Yung ANcient One said:

I don't see what the problem is. I hear people say Marriage is a Religious thing; well I thought it was suppose to be church separated from state, or something like that.

It's supposed to be. But, so-called Christians are hung-up about same-sex marriage being sinful, but at the same time, people get married after losing their virginity and widows get remarried all the time (both of them are sins). Christians don't want to acknowledge that. It's a double standard. Kinda makes you wonder if marriage is as holy as it's supposed to be.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ssejllenrad

@Static Shock said:

It's supposed to be. But, so-called Christians are hung-up about same-sex marriage being sinful, but at the same time, people get married after losing their virginity and widows get remarried all the time (both of them are sins). Christians don't want to acknowledge that. It's a double standard. Kinda makes you wonder if marriage is as holy as it's supposed to be.

Kim Kardashian... Being one example among many... Nyahahaha!

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@Static Shock: A friend said, "why dont the change the name" like Lawful Union or something so again Church and State can be separated but still get the benefits of having a "Lawful Union(marriage)"

(+)

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Static Shock

@ssejllenrad said:

Not sure why he would say that, considering the fact that he could be possibly homosexual (I don't care if he's married), not to mention the fact that gay marriage is a lot more acceptable in his culture than it is in ours.

Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ebbm

@Vance Astro: I also gave my opinion, I never singled you or anyone else out. I just have a problem with the general belief that gay marriage should have to wait until all of society's ills disappear. But this is getting redundant, I understand what you're saying and I think you understand what I'm saying so whatever.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Static Shock

@ssejllenrad: LOL.

@Yung ANcient One said:

@Static Shock: A friend said, "why dont the change the name" like Lawful Union or something so again Church and State can be separated but still get the benefits of having a "Lawful Union(marriage)"

(+)

I don't know if that would work.

Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ebbm

@joshmightbe: Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

0n1zuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By 0n1zuka

@Static Shock said:

@Yung ANcient One said:

It's not a sin for a widow to remarry.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Ebbm said:

I never singled you or anyone else out.

I didn't say you did.I was just defending my position since your opinion seemed to be in direct conflict with mine.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@joshmightbe said:

@Ebbm: I'm not saying it isn't important, I'm saying the only reason Gay Marriage is still illegal is so the government can use the topic of its legalization to distract us from their epic f**k ups. Every time a politician has come out for or against gay rights its always in the middle of some huge problem the government has caused. It sucks that gay people are the current pawns but they aren't the first and won't be the last.

I don't believe this is true.Many people in government are religious and although there is a separation of church and state many people in government are against things for religious reasons.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ssejllenrad

@Static Shock said:

@ssejllenrad said:

Not sure why he would say that, considering the fact that he could be possibly homosexual (I don't care if he's married), not to mention the fact that gay marriage is a lot more acceptable in his culture than it is in ours.

His soul got owned by a fundamentalist church back in the Philippines. http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=9418

Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Ebbm

@Vance Astro: Ok, I was just making sure you didn't think i was attacking you or anything

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ssejllenrad

If some Christians want to follow what the Bible says, then they should fight for polygamy first... Oh and the stoning of criminals!

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@Static Shock: a huh titles are too Important these days. :/ sai la ve

(+)

Static Shock

Forum Posts