Gay Man Sues Bible

armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By armylife1124

Very interesting to see the different translations, very sad however to see another frivolous lawsuit....wish I would have spilled coffee on myself before that lady that got paid in that lawsuit! Just kidding, sort of.....

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#202  Edited By Hawk
@ntb1124 said:
Very interesting to see the different translations, very sad however to see another frivolous lawsuit....wish I would have spilled coffee on myself before that lady that got paid in that lawsuit! Just kidding, sort of.....
You need to watch the HBO show Hot Coffee......that lady desired more money than she ever got. Coffee was 190 degrees and she had to have skin grafts on her legs.
Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#203  Edited By Shadowdoggy

Christian "litteralists" is a totally new concept 
not until the 50's and 60's did ANYONE take the bible as a litteral word-for-word accounting of what one should do or how they shoud live 
that is why when people used to go to seminary school or major in religion as a proffessional avocation , they went to "study and learn to decipher the bible 
not memorize it 
when you aren't trying to condemn people for things you can easily lump into with words from the old testament, it's much easier to realize that yeah- most of the views of the apostles are incredibly dated 
we don't sell our daughters into slavery any more 
we don't liken masturbation to something punishable by death 
we don't forbid women from being allowed in public when they are on their period  
(all things also condemned in the bible as "abominations," which only means "against tradition" not "innately immorale") 
I think to assume that we should be litterally living our lives the exact way other men and women did thousands of years ago is ludicrous! 

@DarkestLeader said:
@castleking: ya'll people are wrong, everything that paul though was with GOD's accordance and ya'll need to stop putting him down like that , he was a leader among leaders, and a powerful prophet , he was a SON of that LORD (Spiritually like me and you, and "shadowdoggy"), an d still is as he resides in heaven with HIM right now I believe GOD was really proud of him at that time and still is as of right now That reason i reply to your comment is because "shadowdoggy" was wrong and you supported him with that picture like saying you agree with him

you are being very glib and far too general with concepts that have such specific implications
you can't say "Paul was an apostle of god, therefore everything written in his name is 100% true without question. How do I know? Because it's in the bible."
that's a self-fulfilling prophecy