• 117 results
#1 Edited by XImpossibruX (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

It could be from difficulty, faulty mechanics, or it was so boring and tedious it was hard to finish.

#2 Posted by ccraft (5211 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I'm pretty good at games, but I guess at the end of Last of Us where you where in the Hospital, you had to get to Ellie before they killed her was pretty tough. You don't get a lot of bullets in that game!

#3 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Mirror's Edge was pretty tricky at parts. It was very old-school gaming in a sense, mostly just trial-and-error and figuring out the best way to get from Point A to Point B. Some bits were really aggravating to miss, and then you have to start all over again.

#4 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

I've still never beaten Mike Tyson in punch out

#5 Edited by ccraft (5211 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow I can't believe I forgot... Right now I'm trying to beat Crash Bandicoot, it's really tricky and I had game overs 100 times.

The Bonus Round tricks me up all the time, and if you don't finish it you can't save it!!!

#6 Posted by Bogey (946 posts) - - Show Bio

Shinobi on PS2.. Fighting the end boss was one of those things that will drive you insane.

#7 Edited by ccraft (5211 posts) - - Show Bio

@bogey: I know what you mean, tough game! Shinobi was pretty fun though.

#8 Posted by Immortal777 (7378 posts) - - Show Bio

The Uncharted series and Infamous series. I played an hour of each game got bored and just couldn't continue playing them.

#9 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (5054 posts) - - Show Bio

When I was 7 or 8 it took me an entire year to leave Traverse Town in Kingdom Hearts 1

I couldn't find the door to the 3rd district so I just kept walking around slaying Heartless, I was overleved for the rest of the game.

#10 Posted by XImpossibruX (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

The Uncharted series and Infamous series. I played an hour of each game got bored and just couldn't continue playing them.

Really? I freakin love Infamous. Uncharted I found boring as sin.

#11 Edited by Perethorn (3348 posts) - - Show Bio

F Zero GX was insanely hard.

#12 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1321 posts) - - Show Bio

HALO 4 just felt too much like the first game that I walked away from it for nearly a year before I finished it.

#13 Posted by Squalleon (4567 posts) - - Show Bio

Super mario the lost levels in the Game boy color.......it is just difficult but that's what make it awesome.

#14 Edited by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfox Adventures on the Gamecube. For some reason I just couldn't do the button mashing parts in the jungle tribe mini games. I could button mash EVERYthing else, except that.

Of course, after a hiatus of about 5 years, I beat it in one try. <__<

#15 Posted by Bruxae (13655 posts) - - Show Bio

Recently? None.

Although there was alot of oldschool commodore and sega games that was extremely hard, although I was also a kid at the time of playing.

#16 Posted by BumpyBoo (8742 posts) - - Show Bio

This game pushed me right to the edge of madness!! O___________O

#17 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen said:

When I was 7 or 8 it took me an entire year to leave Traverse Town in Kingdom Hearts 1

I couldn't find the door to the 3rd district so I just kept walking around slaying Heartless, I was overleved for the rest of the game.

Oh gosh, the first Kingdom Hearts annoyed the crap out of me.

Took me three years to complete because I put it away twice for a year, after it just annoyed me to no end. Eventually grabbed a walkthrough and clocked it two days later.

#18 Posted by toplel (906 posts) - - Show Bio

Crysis on Delta was a real biatch. Comparatively, Crysis 2 was a piece of cake on all difficulties. Legendary difficulty on FIFA13 annoys the shit out of me, whenever I ditch multiplayer for solo.

Usually though, it depends on my mood. If Im agitated, I wont be able to complete the simplest of stealth missions.

#19 Posted by OrphanCrippler (207 posts) - - Show Bio

mortal kombat 2, i suck so bad at it, can barely beat first 3-4 opponents

#20 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Devil May Cry 3: I refused to use anything but Swordmaster.
  • Bioshock Infinite: That damn final battle.
  • Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare: I got stuck on the second mission for 3 weeks....
  • Assassin's Creed IV: It's not even out yet, but I know I'll keep trying to counter-kill with R1+Square.
  • Legends Of Jack Sparrow: I don't want to talk about this one >_>
  • Viewtiful Joe: It is hard..I swear!
  • Kingdom Hearts II: Water people, water people everywhere.

I'll stop here.

#21 Posted by 14NC3 (1753 posts) - - Show Bio

Fallout 3

Bioshock infinite

Loads of LEGO games

#22 Posted by Spideysense44 (3375 posts) - - Show Bio

Skyrim..the games NEVER ends

#23 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10877 posts) - - Show Bio

Not gonna lie, it took me some time to beat Sephiroth in KH2/

#24 Edited by XiiX (8076 posts) - - Show Bio

Mass Effect's Pinnacle Station. In particular, the Hunt mode on the Volcanic simulation. On insanity, that thing was a fuking nightmare to try to beat.

#25 Posted by InFamous_Wolf (975 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante's Inferno the last boss battle. I have yet to complete it.....

#26 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

The first God of War only because a certain puzzle was confusing and I was only 11 at the time which probably hindered me a bit but I got a guide got past it and my brother broke the game and I never played a God of War since :/

#27 Posted by Immortal777 (7378 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777 said:

Really? I freakin love Infamous. Uncharted I found boring as sin.

Yep.

I stopped on the first Infamous after you learn to use your powers. I jumped off the building, helped that fat guy get the gun from under the car , I put my controller down and turned off my PS3.

#28 Posted by Immortal777 (7378 posts) - - Show Bio

CoD Modern Warfare 3

CoD Black ops 2

CoD Ghosts (I can see the future on this one)

Got all from gamefly played for about 30 min sent them back to gamefly the same day upon receiving them.

#29 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (5054 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt:

Right?! That game gave me much more trouble than it should've, glad to see I'm not the only one who got held up by it haha

#30 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: ARGH, couldn't make it past the desert area because I kept getting terrible routes.

#31 Posted by XImpossibruX (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

COD WaW campaign on highest difficulty....

Heat seeking grenade spam....

#32 Edited by GraniteSoldier (7541 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux:

Castlevania 1-3 on NES, Mega Man on NES, Ninja Gaiden on NES, Sonic the Hedgehog 1&2 for Genesis. Mostly older games I found were harder.

#33 Edited by TheFirstLantern (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

The incredibles no joke.

#34 Edited by silkyballfro94 (1691 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux: Oh you got that right. I got stuck on the last level and could not pass it...I had to give up :(

Lion King for the Game Boy Color.

#35 Edited by BumpyBoo (8742 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: Finally, someone else who's played it! Hehe, got to the end but only once so far. Had to take out a chopper in the future. That game is so sadistic XD

#36 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Yeah, but it's so fun. I love using the bird wagon. Wish the game was a tad bit easier. >.>

#37 Posted by Ryagan (711 posts) - - Show Bio

For months--maybe even a couple years--I had the hardest time beating The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. I love that game, but it can be a tough pill to swallow. Beating it was immensely satisfying, though.

#38 Posted by BumpyBoo (8742 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: It really is! :) I could never quite get the timing with the bird wagon, but it is brilliant for snagging pick-ups. But as you say, it could be easier. Haven't sworn this much at a game in a long time XD

#39 Edited by XImpossibruX (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

@ryagan: Ha, same thing but with OOT.

It took me hours of playing and I gave up for 4 years to realize there was a small passage way in the well...

#40 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Most of the really good cheap indie games seem to have crazy difficulty curves. Guess they wanna make you really feel like you got your moneys worth.

#41 Edited by TheTrueBarryAllen (5054 posts) - - Show Bio

Mega Man 2 used to beat the snot out of me as a wee lad.

Now I've conquered it.

I STILL CAN'T BEAT YUGIOH FORBIDDEN MEMORIES ON PS1 THOUGH.

#42 Edited by BumpyBoo (8742 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: That's true, I noticed that too :) And in most cases, you really do get a lot for your money with them. I have probably spent more on indie games in the past year than any other kind! Some of them are so, so addictive :)

#43 Posted by WarBlade539 (4564 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by BumpyBoo (8742 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: Hehehehe! XD Just when the game could not be any meaner, it goes and gives you diseases XD

#45 Posted by WarBlade539 (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

• Devil May Cry 3: I refused to use anything but Swordmaster.
  • Bioshock Infinite: That damn final battle.
  • Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare: I got stuck on the second mission for 3 weeks....
  • Assassin's Creed IV: It's not even out yet, but I know I'll keep trying to counter-kill with R1+Square.
  • Legends Of Jack Sparrow: I don't want to talk about this one >_>
  • Viewtiful Joe: It is hard..I swear!
  • Kingdom Hearts II: Water people, water people everywhere.

I'll stop here.

DMC 3. That game, I found to be harder than any game I've ever played. Even Ninja Gaiden 2 and Demon/Dark Souls. And I found it to be easy with Trickster but holy s**t, Swordmaster and Royalguard f**ks you up.

#46 Posted by WarBlade539 (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo:

My absolute favorite YouTuber. I cried laughing when I watched this video! :D

#47 Posted by BumpyBoo (8742 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: Oooh cool, not got my headphones atm but will definitely give that a watch later, thanks ^___^

#48 Edited by DoomDoomDoom (4235 posts) - - Show Bio

Q*bert. This game taught me the meaning of rage quitting.

#49 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5810 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a lot. Then again, I don't play a lot of difficult games.

#50 Posted by JetiiMitra (8533 posts) - - Show Bio

Risk