@jaken7 said:

@farkam said:

@jaken7 said:

@farkam said:

@jaken7 said:

@farkam said:

@jaken7: Yep

You're doing it wrong.

No I am not. I just like different characters from you.

Except you said you like Walder Frey. I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

Meh. Everyone likes different characters for their own reasons.

There is no reason. Walder Frey is evil incarnate. It's like saying you like Hitler. I'm almost certain George R.R. Martin wrote him that way just to see if he could garner more hate than Joffrey.

There is no reason for what?

No reason to like Walder Frey.

For you.

#102 Posted by The Stegman (24324 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:
@the_stegman said:

Okay, time to update my answer:

Love: Margaery Tyrell, Tyrion Lannister, Jaime Lannister, The Hound, Arya Stark, Joffery (I love to hate him, he was a great character) Ned Stark, Brienne, Bronn

Dislike: Daenerys (she's been getting more annoying each season, she's a horrible leader, yet she thinks she's hot sh*t cause she has dragons), Jon Snow (he's boring) Bran Stark (boring and crippled), Everyone travelling with Bran Stark, Season 3 Daario (the actor was too pretty and shady), Sam (too fat and useless), That one White Walker Gandalf that does nothing.

Hate: Ygritte(for so many reasons), Cersei Lannister, Melisandre, Sansa, Walder Frey, Ramsay Snow, Roose Bolton.

You don't like Hodor?! What's not to like about Hodor?

Hodor's a human Pokemon

#103 Posted by The Stegman (24324 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@farkam said:

@jaken7 said:

@farkam said:

You're doing it wrong.

@the_stegman said:

Love: Margaery Tyrell, Tyrion Lannister, Jaime Lannister, The Hound, Arya Stark, Joffery (I love to hate him, he was a great character) Ned Stark, Brienne, Bronn

Dislike: Daenerys (she's been getting more annoying each season, she's a horrible leader, yet she thinks she's hot sh*t cause she has dragons), Jon Snow (he's boring) Bran Stark (boring and crippled), Everyone travelling with Bran Stark, Season 3 Daario (the actor was too pretty and shady), Sam (too fat and useless), That one White Walker Gandalf that does nothing.

Hate: Ygritte(for so many reasons), Cersei Lannister, Melisandre, Sansa, Walder Frey, Ramsay Snow, Roose Bolton.

Wow. I disagree with all of your dislikes ('cept for Daario). Your hates however, are spot on except for Ygritte and Sansa (give her a break). Mind explaining the reasoning behind Ygritte's hate? That's a fairly unique answer.

She's too immature. When she first came on, it was none stop flirting with Jon Snow, we get it, you want to bang him. Then there was the whole Capulet/Montague, two lovers from different worlds thing once they DID get together, then she shoots him with arrows after he's forced to make a very hard decision. Plus, I don't really like the whole "I act like I know everything (and you know nothin' Jon Snow) to hide the fact that I'm really insecure" troupe.

#104 Posted by JakeN7 (12295 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@jaken7 said:

@farkam said:

@jaken7 said:

@farkam said:

@jaken7 said:

@farkam said:

@jaken7 said:

@farkam said:

You're doing it wrong.

Meh. Everyone likes different characters for their own reasons.

There is no reason. Walder Frey is evil incarnate. It's like saying you like Hitler. I'm almost certain George R.R. Martin wrote him that way just to see if he could garner more hate than Joffrey.

There is no reason for what?

No reason to like Walder Frey.

For you.

No, period. Name your reasoning Farkam, I'm waiting.

@jaken7 said:

@farkam said:

@jaken7 said:

@farkam said:

You're doing it wrong.

@the_stegman said:

Wow. I disagree with all of your dislikes ('cept for Daario). Your hates however, are spot on except for Ygritte and Sansa (give her a break). Mind explaining the reasoning behind Ygritte's hate? That's a fairly unique answer.

She's too immature. When she first came on, it was none stop flirting with Jon Snow, we get it, you want to bang him. Then there was the whole Capulet/Montague, two lovers from different worlds thing once they DID get together, then she shoots him with arrows after he's forced to make a very hard decision. Plus, I don't really like the whole "I act like I know everything (and you know nothin' Jon Snow) to hide the fact that I'm really insecure" troupe.

Meh. The immature aspect of her nature was pretty refreshing honestly. She was playful and endearing. What was she supposed to do? Besides, like Tormund said, if she was trying to kill Jon, he'd be dead. I actually like that trope. It's not used very often, and I think this one is done really well.

#105 Edited by The Stegman (24324 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7: I find the playfulness more annoying that cute, and if she didn't want to kill him, then just let him go, no need to half a** it because you're mad. Everything about her just irritates me.

EDIT: but the actress herself is fantastic, I've seen her in interviews, she's soooo, charming.

#106 Edited by JakeN7 (12295 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7: I find the playfulness more annoying that cute, and if she didn't want to kill him, then just let him go, no need to half a** it because you're mad. Everything about her just irritates me.

EDIT: but the actress herself is fantastic, I've seen her in interviews, she's soooo, charming.

I don't agree, but fair enough. She was conflicted. She'd be in big trouble if she hadn't even tried to stop him.

Rose Leslie, yeah she's great.

She's no Emma, but she's still a peach.

#107 Edited by Farkam (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7: Why are you being so immature in this thread JakeN7? I've know you to be much more reasonable than this. If you are going to keep behaving this way i'm not even going to bother continuing this conversation with you. Based on my other conversations with you, you are mature enough to know that people like different characters from one another. Even nasty characters. Even villains. Such as Darth Vader which has been compared to Hitler more than anyone except probably Lord Voldemort (who also has fans). Regardless of all that, most people that are over the age of 12 can understand that other people have their own reasons for liking (disliking) different characters from them. Even characters that are almost universally despised for good reasons. Or even ones that are universally loved.

#108 Posted by JakeN7 (12295 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@jaken7: Why are you being so immature in this thread JakeN7? I've know you to be much more reasonable than this. If you are going to keep behaving this way i'm not even going to bother continuing this conversation with you. Based on my other conversations with you, you are mature enough to know that people like different characters from one another. Even nasty characters. Even villains. Such as Darth Vader which has been compared to Hitler more than anyone except probably Lord Voldemort (who also has fans). Regardless of all that, most people that are over 13 can understand that other people have their own reasons for liking different characters from them. Even characters that are almost universally despised for good reasons.

I'm not trying to be immature, just poking a little fun and being playful. Yes, people can like different characters. However, those characters usually need to have at least one redeeming quality. Walder Frey is a monster. I'm really curious to know why you like him though. Sorry if you felt attacked.

#109 Posted by Farkam (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@farkam said:

@jaken7: Why are you being so immature in this thread JakeN7? I've know you to be much more reasonable than this. If you are going to keep behaving this way i'm not even going to bother continuing this conversation with you. Based on my other conversations with you, you are mature enough to know that people like different characters from one another. Even nasty characters. Even villains. Such as Darth Vader which has been compared to Hitler more than anyone except probably Lord Voldemort (who also has fans). Regardless of all that, most people that are over 13 can understand that other people have their own reasons for liking different characters from them. Even characters that are almost universally despised for good reasons.

I'm not trying to be immature, just poking a little fun and being playful. Yes, people can like different characters. However, those characters usually need to have at least one redeeming quality. Walder Frey is a monster. I'm really curious to know why you like him though. Sorry if you felt attacked.

Sometimes characters are liked because they are monsters.

#110 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: Hodor will lead the armies of Westeros against the White Walker invasion and become king.

#111 Posted by JakeN7 (12295 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@jaken7 said:

@farkam said:

Sometimes characters are liked because they are monsters.

Well you never said as much. That's why I wanted to know. How come you like the monster though? Do you love to hate or just genuinely love?

#112 Posted by Farkam (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

Favorites - Eddard Stark, Robert Baratheon, Joffery Baratheon, The Hound, Bronn

Like - Stannis Baratheon, Jaime Lannister, Tywin Lannister, Podrick Payne, Jorah Mormont, Samwell Tarly, Brienne, Osha, Hodor, Theon Greyjoy, Walder Frey, the Blackfish, Barristan Selmy, Khal Drogo, Davos, Jaqen, Ygritte, Asha Greyjoy

Dislike - Jon Snow, Bran Stark, Daario

Hate - Cersei Lannister, Daenerys & Visery Targaryean, Littlefinger, Vargo Hoat, Melisandre,

Updated list.

#113 Posted by JakeN7 (12295 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam: You know she's only called Asha in the books, right? They changed her name in the show to avoid confusion with Osha. Her name in Game of Thrones is Yara. ^_^

#114 Edited by Joygirl (19916 posts) - - Show Bio

Like: Tyrion, Bronn, Arya, Hodor, Jaqen, Daenerys, Littlefinger, Renly, Hound, Shae (though I know she does something bad soon so that'll change), Knight of Flowers (mostly because he's cute), and Jorah. Dislike: Everyone else, or at least don't give a f*** about them. Special mention to Joffrey, Cersei, and Cat.

#115 Posted by Mekboy (1168 posts) - - Show Bio

Favourite is King Jeoffrey. I don't hate anyone.

#116 Posted by Cregan_Stark (1674 posts) - - Show Bio

Like: Ned, Jon, Tyrion, Arya, Bronn, Sandor (too many more)

Dislike: Joff, Ramsay, Gregor, Cersei, Almost any Frey, Roose (too many more)

#117 Posted by joannabers (1 posts) - - Show Bio

You can sympathise with Theon at least. You can't with Joffrey. Theon wanted to earn his fathers approval and prove himself but he lost his way, betrayed his family, he also lost his johnson and you wouldn't want that for any bloke. He's suffered enough for his sins but Joffrey still has to repent. http://www.ranker.com/list/the-most-hated-game-of-thrones-characters/ranker-of-thrones

#118 Posted by JakeN7 (12295 posts) - - Show Bio

Babump because silly @The_Deathstroker made an oopsie-dupesie. <---- see what I did there?

#119 Posted by ShandreNLR (1 posts) - - Show Bio

My FAVORITE:

Tyrion Lannister (my #1), Daenerys, Jon Snow, Robb Stark, Nedd Stark, Arya Stark, Jaime Lannister, Jorah, Margaery, Renly, Ros, The hound, Sansa Stark, Khal Drogo, Brien

I DON'TL LIKE/ HATE

Cersei lannister, Joffrey, Stannis, Melissandre, Shae, Ygritte, Petyr, Theon, THE FREYS, Arryn, The Mountain, Visery Targaryan,

#120 Posted by Bruxae (13829 posts) - - Show Bio

I have only watched the first season so far, but so far my favorite is Cersei, Drogo, Ned Stark and Daenerys.

Not sure who I hate, Joffrey for one.