#1 Posted by LastTitan (10 posts) - - Show Bio

So I was looking at UAT(University of Advanced Technology) online(father and full time job, campus would be difficult). They have both the Game Designer and the Game Art and Animator degrees online. Both these aspects interest me, but I can't put my finger on which would be better overall for me. I would just like to hear my fellow Viner's opinions on the school, degrees, and other various aspects, thanks in advanced!

#2 Edited by Wolfrazer (6396 posts) - - Show Bio

Could do both? Or rather perhaps, focus on just one and dabble with the other?

#3 Posted by LastTitan (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

I thought about that, but unfortunately I asked UAT, and you can not do two at the same time. You can do one and go back to do another(which is then completely free by the way, pretty cool I thought), but you can't do two at the same time. It sucks.

#4 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3748 posts) - - Show Bio

Animator

#5 Posted by LastTitan (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

Although, a Game Designer is just a title, am I right? There are plenty of Game Designers that don't have a Game Design degree. So technically I could get the Art and Animator degree and still obtain the goal of Game Designer. On top of that the Game animator degree is a little more versatile. I could become a tattoo artist(love tattoos, and that degree is all about artwork), you could work making animated movies( since you work with 3D modeling and such), I could be a comic book artist, etc, etc. But I just want to do all my research.

#6 Posted by LastTitan (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@StMichalofWilson said:

Animator

Any reason as to why? Not that I am disputing your statement, just curious as to why that is the way you suggest I go?

#7 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3748 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wis: I mean either one of them is good, but I think animation is a good choice IMO

#8 Posted by LastTitan (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@StMichalofWilson said:

@Wis: I mean either one of them is good, but I think animation is a good choice IMO

I agree lol. I'm just having a hard time coming down on either side of the fence.