Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@static_shock said:

@jestersmiles said:

@static_shock: That ship has sailed a long time ago my friend.

I think it's gotten worse. I mean, making video games for the franchise and whatnot is fine. But, attempting to continue the story line with feature films after the show and manga have long ended is a little too much, even for Japanese creators.

Isn't the manga continuing? I heard it's supposed to return after the movie is released.

The movie itself has been adapted to the manga, one of the chapters released a few days ago..

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like something off Xenoverse

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

Gohan deserves to be in the spotlight again.

I don't understand why that statement is so worth instigating an argument over.

I've got nothing more to say besides that. Honestly. It's all I ever said from the beginning. CV's DBZ community is terrible.

It is such a treat when you find the few level-headed ones, ain't it?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Isn't the manga continuing? I heard it's supposed to return after the movie is released.

The movie itself has been adapted to the manga, one of the chapters released a few days ago..

I didn't know the manga was continuing. But, I heard Battle of Gods was set between chapters 517 and 518.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Avatar image for thefantomconvoy
thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@zaied said:

He's still going to get beaten down.

bjc12787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno. I'm skeptical, base goku should be able to flick Frieza's head off. How is he going to get this poWerup???? Hmmm

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@dbzk1999 said:

@jaken7:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/02/27/official-revival-f-blog-50-days-left/

The voice actor of piccolo confirms he'll have a big role

Our frustratingly ridiculous argument was all worth it for us eventually getting to this point.

Thanks for the link, I hope Furukawa ain't just blowin' smoke.

Piccolo being relevant again? IMPOSSIBRU

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By jwalser3

Love how DBZ has so much fresh and new ideas!

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I CANT WAIT FOR IT. Frieza's gold because of how much of a pimp he is, and when he stomps Bills and Goku at the same time you'll all be sorry.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

You've got to be joking...

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

The criticism is a little harsh. I think the new design is alright and it kinda reminds me of his brother, Cooler. Also, thank goodness Vegeta gets the limelight this time.

As for the complaints of plot being recycled and ideas being stale. Take into consideration that the previous movie did touch on an important fact about the existence of other universes and other threats residing in them. I understand that the current stuff is somewhat overused but it's best we wait and see what's ahead before passing judgment.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamoptimusprime: why would he joke? The Gods of Destruction idea is very interesting along with the 12 universes that should later be expanded in this movie.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PSSSSTT!! Gais, guess what? Guess what, gais?!

DBZ is awful.

thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles said:

@static_shock: That ship has sailed a long time ago my friend.

I think it's gotten worse. I mean, making video games for the franchise and whatnot is fine. But, attempting to continue the story line with feature films after the show and manga have long ended is a little too much, even for Japanese creators.

AT should really stop trying to milk the franchise this way, it's getting old and boring.

thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@iamoptimusprime: why would he joke? The Gods of Destruction idea is very interesting along with the 12 universes that should later be expanded in this movie.

Maybe, but AT reuses a lot of things in these movies.

Besides the 12 universes and Gods of Destruction, all it looks like he's doing is trying to hopelessly milk the franchise.

@jonez120 said:

PSSSSTT!! Gais, guess what? Guess what, gais?!

DBZ is awful.

I can understand why you'd say that...

Especially after some of AT's recent actions...

Avatar image for deactivated-57b54fc9eb0d8
deactivated-57b54fc9eb0d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really digging it much. It's just meh.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamoptimusprime: you're saying that as if toriyama was still working on dragon ball after it ended

He only got back into it about 2-3 years ago after a couple decades

It's toei to blame for milking it, not him

thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbzk1999 said:

@iamoptimusprime: you're saying that as if toriyama was still working on dragon ball after it ended

He only got back into it about 2-3 years ago after a couple decades

It's toei to blame for milking it, not him

Ok then, I understand. He did say once that he's lazy by nature, anyways.

In any case, toei sucks just for that. Especially when they made GT. That stuff was pure garbage.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't get how he is beating a dead horse/milking the franchise, there is clearly a demand for more Dragon Ball, who is he hurting by giving the fans more? It is no different than DC pumping out new Batman comics, live action movies, animated movies and video games all of the time.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't really see the big deal about it, it's not good, but its not bad neither.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Static Shock
thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

I really don't get how he is beating a dead horse/milking the franchise, there is clearly a demand for more Dragon Ball, who is he hurting by giving the fans more? It is no different than DC pumping out new Batman comics, live action movies, animated movies and video games all of the time.

@iamoptimusprime I was gonna type this sooner but @blade_r beat me too it.

thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By thefantomconvoy
@micah said:

@blade_r said:

I guess so, this is a good point. However from what I can remember AT did say some thing about him not being too good with continuity and other stuff.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Static Shock

@blade_r said:

American-made fiction tends to get milked out so much that we're used to it. This is why I don't say anything about DC or Marvel stuff getting milked out. A lot of those things have been around longer than I've been alive, anyway.

It's different for Japanese-made fiction. Most of the animes and manga that I have watched and read at one point have all ended on a good note (or the story brought to a close with no cliffhangers) and the creators have since moved on to other projects. I say "most" because Toriyama chooses not to end Dragon Ball, rather than making something fresh for the fans. Not saying all animes or manga have ended. Many are still in circulation with hundreds of chapters. There have even been past manga with hundreds of chapters that eventually come to a close.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@blade_r said:

I guess so, this is a good point. However from what I can remember AT did say some thing about him not being too good with continuity and other stuff.

I think his problem is he needs to make things clear. DBZ answers alot of questions about the mythos that fans might have but for alot of said answers they are implied more than anything, which is how continuity will get screwed up when something else happens later that contradicts what was originally implied. He basically just needs to write everything down LOL.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: except he has made fresh things

He ended dragon ball more than 20 years ago it has been brought to a close in terms of the actual story

We already know how it ends

Goku meets uub, decides to train him

It was only 2-3 years ago that he ACTUALLY got back into it

He's made other manga, (enjoyable manga)

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still better than his previous old form (outisde first and last). I like designs like these much more than overdesigned ones.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbzk1999: Really? This is news to me. What other manga has he worked on?

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

You've got to be joking...

Yes. It seems like it's too difficult to come up with new ideas.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: he worked on a short manga called sand land (which was pretty enjoyable to me)

There's also dr. Slump, which is arguably his best manga

Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, I consider it more of it's own thing than a prequel to dragon ball, jaco is a really good character

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbzk1999 said:

@static_shock: he worked on a short manga called sand land (which was pretty enjoyable to me)

There's also dr. Slump, which is arguably his best manga

Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, I consider it more of it's own thing than a prequel to dragon ball, jaco is a really good character

Well, then. I stand corrected on Toriyama.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zandalf said:

A golden frieza,with purple hands? I don't know what to think yet..... :/

Gold? I see black and blue.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#138  Edited By Superguy1591

I get that Japan is going through a financial problem, and the Government sees DBZ as one of the biggest edit*(exports) of Japan, but this series needs to die.

Man, I was a stupid kid growing up.

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

There better be a good reason why he's strong enough to give the heroes trouble.

From what I hear, he learns of Goku defeating Majin Buu and massively trains so he can get his revenge. Which is cool I guess. I can see why people are against this, but I think it would be nice to see an old Dbz villain get revived and not get one shotted. Lol.

But what I'm really waiting on is the 12 gods of destruction concept I've been hearing about. Also hopefully other characters get some spotlight. Especially the human character's, they really need to get stronger. They're practically jokes in the DBZ universe.

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

@zandalf said:

A golden frieza,with purple hands? I don't know what to think yet..... :/

Gold? I see black and blue.

Trolling related to the black and blue dress picture?

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@teerack: G Gundam was the only Gundam series I could enjoy.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grandsymbiote94: Holy shit, you can't even joke without being called a troll. This website has gone down hill.

thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By thefantomconvoy
@slimj87d said:

There better be a good reason why he's strong enough to give the heroes trouble.

From what I hear, he learns of Goku defeating Majin Buu and massively trains so he can get his revenge. Which is cool I guess. I can see why people are against this, but I think it would be nice to see an old Dbz villain get revived and not get one shotted. Lol.

But what I'm really waiting on is the 12 gods of destruction concept I've been hearing about. Also hopefully other characters get some spotlight. Especially the human character's, they really need to get stronger. They're practically jokes in the DBZ universe.

Never gonna happen considering AT's predilection for putting the Saiyans first.

@jwalser3 said:

@grandsymbiote94: Holy shit, you can't even joke without being called a troll. This website has gone down hill.

Change this before a mod comes in here...

I get that Japan is going through a financial problem, and the Government sees DBZ as one of the biggest imports of Japan, but this series needs to die.

Man, I was a stupid kid growing up.

Yeah, it does. It has been resurrected far too often without much good reason.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grandsymbiote94: human characters aren't getting any stronger

They're past their prime and getting old

thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

Was just asking a question... when I say "trolling" I mean joking around. Didn't mean to sound offensive so I apologize if you took it that way.

GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbzk1999: @iamoptimusprime: I know, it's just frustrating that all of the human characters have become irrelevant now. Especially if you consider the fact that they constantly fight for earth all the time.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

Yeah Sorbet tells him, and he says something along the lines of the only two people his father told him to never mess with were Beerus and Buu, so he knew of him. Idk if you're interested or not but there is small manga short (1 of 3) out now you can read that shows him getting revived and all of that good stuff.

http://readms.com/r/dragon_ball_z_rebirth_of_f/1/2705/1 Don't know if im allowed to link here but you can read it here if you'd like

GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

Yeah Sorbet tells him, and he says something along the lines of the only two people his father told him to never mess with were Beerus and Buu, so he knew of him. Idk if you're interested or not but there is small manga short (1 of 3) out now you can read that shows him getting revived and all of that good stuff.

http://readms.com/r/dragon_ball_z_rebirth_of_f/1/2705/1 Don't know if im allowed to link here but you can read it here if you'd like

Ah.. I see. Thank you. Just read it and I have to say I'm kinda disappointed. Frieza's reaction was just "meh", the fact the Z fighters didn't bother to check out what Shenron was being used to wish for was just lazy, and Frieza saying that he never bother to train just seemed idiotic. If anything I'm probably going to watch the movie for the battle itself.