Free State of Jones movie.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By _Gaff_

I don't usually get really excited over movies, but as a life long resident of Jones County I was elated when I saw in the local paper that a Free State of Jones movie was being made. Understandably, the vast majority of you will not know what "The Free State of Jones" is. This will explain it Newton Knight and the Legend of the Free State of Jones . In short; during the American Civil War, a band of guerrillas led by Newton Knight successfully overthrew the Confederate gov. in Jones County Mississippi.

It will be directed by Gary Ross (Hunger Games). Filming is expected to start in early 2015. How awesome would it be if they actually came here to film it in Jones County. Matthew Mcconaughey will be playing Newt. Yea, I see the resemblance.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Anyway, I have been wanting this story to be told for a long time. It might make some people think twice before assuming southerners (especially Mississippians) are all racists. I was hoping for a HBO miniseries but this will do.

Link

Any thoughts?

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sounds interesting.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i know what i'm not watching.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i know what i'm not watching.

Why not?

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By _Gaff_

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Some early pics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noice. The pics look good.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Could be a pretty good movie, if they don't do what most movies about that time does, which is make every Southerner look like evil people who want to do nothing but whip a black person all day and have sex with their cousin.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Unfortunately the movie does not look that good imo. The whole busting out of the coffin thing in the trailer ruined it for me. It will not be the reality based movie I wanted.