Fred Wolf ruined TMNT

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Edited By jointron33

Thanks to the idiotic cartoon from the 80s, Ninja Turtles has been eternally raped. The turd of an adaptation spawnedc a generation of ignorant fans who have no clue how wrong they are. The TMNT from the 80s is the Adam West of TMNT. It was many times about as accurate as the crap Michael Bay is trying to get mad right now.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@jointron33 said:

Thanks to the idiotic cartoon from the 80s, Ninja Turtles has been eternally raped. The turd of an adaptation spawnedc a generation of ignorant fans who have no clue how wrong they are. The TMNT from the 80s is the Adam West of TMNT. It was many times about as accurate as the crap Michael Bay is trying to get mad right now.

Actually, the 'idiotic' cartoon of the 80's is pretty damn badass. And gave us thousands of toys and great childhoods. It gave us Ninja Turtles video games and movies. The comics started it all, but the 80's cartoon gave TMNT the push to become a world famous franchise. You probably wouldn't even know what a Ninja Turtle was if it wasn't for the 80's cartoon. The 80's cartoon is one reason the NInja Turtles still exist and why so many different comic series were made about them.

Are you just trying to troll? Because you ave no valid argument here

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Everyone should really pick up the new IDW TMNT book. It's better than complaining.

Also, those old TMNT Arcade games were the jam.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By HolySerpent

Te be honest I can't believe anyone enjoy TMNT. Whatever micheal bays is doing is going to be a step up.

Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Death Certificate

Even though I grew up with the Live action turtles series and the 2003 animated series, without the 80's cartoon, I doubt the series would be as big as it is now.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@HolySerpent said:

Te be honest I can't believe anyone enjoy TMNT. Whatever micheal bays is doing is going to be a step up.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

@jointron33 said:

I only have one thing to say about that post: Bogus.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@inferiorego said:

Everyone should really pick up the new IDW TMNT book. It's better than complaining.

Also, those old TMNT Arcade games were the jam.

Truth. I see so many people getting outraged over speculation surrounding the movie, yet only a small fraction of them even still support the franchise.

Tsk, tsk.

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Death Certificate

@k4tzm4n: I liked turtles forever and the cgi movie. My problem with the new movie is all down to Bay's recent transformers.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By texasdeathmatch

...Did you just realize this now? Or are you a time traveler from the 80s?    

Anyways, it was a kids' show. To sell merchandise. And make a sh*t ton of money. And it worked. Get over it. 

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Death Certificate said:

@k4tzm4n: I liked turtles forever and the cgi movie. My problem with the new movie is all down to Bay's recent transformers.

I personally really like the 2007 CGI film.

@k4tzm4n: Wait... people actually believed Bay was providing services beyond producing? Don't people ever read or do they just look at headlines and rage because it's the "normal" thing to do...

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Then all I can do is hope for the best. Thanks for the info

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By joshmightbe

That cartoon from the 80s is what got me into the Turtles in the first place, if not for that odds are it would never have become a movie, the 2003 series wouldn't have happened and they wouldn't be the cultural phenomenon they are today. Even their creators admit that though it was a silly show it got their characters far more notoriety than the comics which were originally intended as a spoof of Frank Miller's style of comics would ever have brought them and frankly did a better job of giving the individual turtles their own identities better than the original comic where they were all pretty much 4 of the same guy. It also introduced the family dynamic that is still present in the franchise today. Originally Splinter pretty much only saw the turtles as weapons to settle his vendetta.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Deranged Midget: I love it as well. Sure, it's a bit childish at times, but it's really fun and entertaining. I think a lot of rage is people who are misinformed, because every day I'm still seeing people think Bay is directing/writing.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By texasdeathmatch

For all of your clowns b*tching and moaning, take a second and educate yourself on the roles in motion pictures:

Film Director  

Film Producer 

As Katz said, Bay is PRODUCING, not DIRECTING. You guys know a damn thing about movie producing?  No? Didn't think so. 

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By joshmightbe

I don't like it as much now as when I was a kid but it still should get credit for getting most of the current TMNT fans into it in the first place.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

but i like Adam West...and the 80's cartoon....

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Deranged Midget

@k4tzm4n: Indeed, I honestly think some read the headline, scroll down to the comments and simply fall into peer pressure because people to this day keep complaining about Bay directing and it's annoying to correct all the ignorance.

@texasdeathmatch: Evidently, ignorance isn't bliss.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Deranged Midget: I blame the internet. Encourages morons to pretend their prestigious movie critics with insightful opinions.  

But hey, better than shooting up a public area, so I guess we should let them vent. 
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By progenitorigin

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were the sh!t, both cartoon and arcade games. I mean, come on, starting off in a flaming building and then fighting Bebop and Rocksteady? Win.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By CATPANEXE

Ruined, no. The 80's version of the Turtles was rejected by a lot of fans of the original Mirage Studio's body of work. It was more or less as Superfriends was to the Justice League, a sugar coated hokey version of the franchise, that's not false. But understand what we're saying here. As far as the original work was concerned and it's fans, that wasn't actually a lot of people in the scheme of things, especially as it was not only an Indy comic in a time where independent comics hadn't gained the massive notoriety they have now, but also it was a mature rated book, one which most teens could not buy nor read of their own efforts from local comic book shops. The positives that the 80's cartoon, and the various attached endeavors, like the Konami video games for example, was to inflate the franchise to completely epic proportions making it a worldwide known entity, household name, and defining trait of an entire era of society. As well, for an Independent comic name to even make it half that far at the time was completely unheard of, and it can be believed that the Turtles franchise paved the way. So in question of whether it was a move that diminished the franchise, or expanded, it's easily the latter as it changed things so that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles went from having a handful of fans and persons even aware of it's existence, to a worldwide audience, and preserved the Turtles franchise forever as far as we've seen to present date. Outside this, the original matter has never been shelved from publication, and equally mature versions still produced aside it (Image, IDW, the first live action considerably). Were it not for the 80's cartoon and the attached merchandizing explosion, the further effects on the franchise itself, from the films to Fox series would never have occurred, and it's highly likely Mirage Studio's itself wouldn't have remained in publication for as long as it did on it's own. Also, the effects outside of the genre would be missing, which means video games would be sans the stepping stones they have received from the franchise, the home version of the Turtles Arcade game for one example having been a specific chipset that advanced the way technology itself was presented. The action market would not have had the advances it did thanks to the Playmates production of vast and experimental related figurines, playsets and interactive merch. Culture would have been minus the Turtles cartoons influence, namely the spiked interest in X-sports and martial arts. And Independent comics would not have gained the kind of notice nor appreciation of value they did by the Turtles becoming such a monstrous thing. So it's a good with the bad scenario, the good grossly outweighing the bad, and transforming it into relating the subject matter to another audience, and by proxy drawing that new audience back to the original subject matter. Personally, I see it that everyone has their favorite version, the one closest to their heart, and preference is a cool thing that makes us unique and society interesting, and definitely a hollow reason for people to take arms against each other. As well in this specific case one can say some peoples heart goes out to the 80's animated version of the Turtles. But also, some peoples goes to the Mirage comics version, some to the live action Turtles, some to the Archie comics versions, some to the Image comics versions, some to the Dreamwave version, some to the Fox Kids versions, and now a new generation of fans is spawned as well. For me even in the case of personal distaste towards Bay's style, the fact that the franchise is once again reborn and a new age of fans ushered in, as well that this secures interest in the original work outweighs the means. As well the current IDW runs newly found fans, the upcoming Nick show, an assumed new video game series, and of course multiple toy lines, ect. The cycle continues, in probably one of the best maintained and daring franchises in comics. Fred Wolf ruined a franchise? Nope, he actually changed the world.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Deranged Midget

@texasdeathmatch: True enough, but nothing is as irritating as a person raging over a topic amd lacking the proper knowledge of the subject.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By utotheg38

@HolySerpent said:

hi hater

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Deranged Midget said:

@texasdeathmatch: True enough, but nothing is as irritating as a person raging over a topic amd lacking the proper knowledge of the subject.

Agreed 
Mr_riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mr_riddler

Fred Wolf? Nah, David Wise is responsible too. He was one of the the master minds behind the animated series, the big ideas came from his mind.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By danhimself

yes god forbid that he took and independent comic that almost no one had heard of and make it into a 10 season animated series that made the characters so popular that they made 4 movies with a fifth on the way, a live action television series, another animated series that lasted 7 seasons, hundreds of action figures, and multiple comic book series including the original 3 volume Mirage series...what a jerk that guy was

Seriously though...I would never have been exposed to the Turtles without the original animated series and I've loved them ever since...I've read all of the Mirage series, the horrible Image series, and the amazing Archie series, and I'm currently loving the new IDW series...yes the original animated series was different than the comic but it was aimed at kids and there's no way they could have directly adapted the source material back then...we should be happy that the book caught someone's attention long enough to even get the show..not complaining about it 15 plus years after it ended

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By joshmightbe

anyone claiming that show ruined the franchise has no idea what they're talking about because if it hadn't been there most of us would have either forgotten TMNT or never even knew it existed also if you were a fan of the following you should thank this show for their existence

1. Biker Mice from Mars

2. Street Sharks

3. Cowbows of Moo Mesa

4. Battle toads

5. Swat Cats

6.Mighty Ducks animated series

7. Extreme Dinosaurs

If you were a kid in the early 90s at least half the cartoons you watched were Ninja Turtle rip-offs

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

TMNT RUINED FRED WOLF

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ReVamp

@inferiorego said:

It's better than complaining.

We're comic book fans. Nothing is better than complaining.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@texasdeathmatch said:

For all of your clowns b*tching and moaning, take a second and educate yourself on the roles in motion pictures:

Film Director

Film Producer As Katz said, Bay is PRODUCING, not DIRECTING. You guys know a damn thing about movie producing? No? Didn't think so.

FTW

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By joshmightbe

@ReVamp: We bitch there for we are

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points