• 101 results
#1 Edited by judasnixon (6586 posts) - - Show Bio

FOX is thinking about changing the gender of Doctor Doom to a female in the new Fantastic Four reboot. I just wanted to know how Comic Vine feels about the possible change to Doctor Doom's character...... I'll make sure to make plenty of popcorn.

http://comicsalliance.com/michael-b-jordan-fantastic-four-human-torch-female-dr-doom/

#2 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahaha

#3 Posted by PowerHerc (84035 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not change Dr. Doom's sex? The Human Torch can be black. They can then set the movie in the Dark Ages and have the Thing be a purple snake made of light. While they're at it why not make Reed and Sue incestuous Asian twins from the future.

That would really make a good Fantastic Four movie, wouldn't it?

not.

#4 Edited by Bezza (3644 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18079 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can't they just cast a female villain who is a female instead of changing a male villain into a female one?

I am not a big fan of this idea.

#6 Posted by wildvine (9721 posts) - - Show Bio

They made Perry White black and Jimmy Olson a girl. Not to forget the upcoming black Electro. So sure, lets make Dr. Doom a girl. The Thing can be an alien, and Susan can be Reeds sentient robot "assistant." and the Human Torch? What Human Torch? We'll replace him with Galactus who in this movie can be a mutant like the Juggernaut was.

Oh, and it turns out Dr. Doom is really (Spoilers ahead) a gender bent evil clone of Reed's.

#7 Posted by SOG7dc (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

Fox Exec: Guys I've got it......instead of silver surfer being a herald of galactica, or whatever the f*^% his name is, lets make him a Vietnamese prostitute with one leg and a speech impediment!!!

#8 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Only if they can change the Sex of Wonder Woman :)

#9 Edited by Dernman (15128 posts) - - Show Bio

Waits for the "what does it matter? It doesn't change the character" people, or similar bull like that.

I hope this isn't true.

#10 Edited by Jonez120 (4419 posts) - - Show Bio

Intellect level would go down quite a bit...

#11 Posted by RogueShadow (10782 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want this, but I don't feel as strongly about it as some.

#12 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Doom as a woman would be pretty cool. She could be Reed Richards ex-girlfriend, it would explain why she would want him dead.

#13 Posted by HillbillyMorangie (927 posts) - - Show Bio

Not enough strong female villains, I think it's a good idea, but I can see why fans of the comics might not be happy... Also if this was a MCU film I'd be against it, but only as it ruins to much continuity with other characters. It will also stop the sexist love triangle in the first films... Lol

#14 Posted by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

meh...

#15 Posted by Alertcircuit (177 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as it's only this one character, I'm fine with it. Women need more representation anyway.

#16 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (22352 posts) - - Show Bio

#17 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7823 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc said:

Why not change Dr. Doom's sex? The Human Torch can be black. They can then set the movie in the Dark Ages and have the Thing be a purple snake made of light. While they're at it why not make Reed and Sue incestuous Asian twins from the future.

That would really make a good Fantastic Four movie, wouldn't it?

not.

Brilliant, just brilliant.

#18 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17504 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Just No.

#19 Edited by buttersdaman000 (9740 posts) - - Show Bio

Or Nah? That would be stupid.

@wildvine said:

They made Perry White black and Jimmy Olson a girl. Not to forget the upcoming black Electro. So sure, lets make Dr. Doom a girl. The Thing can be an alien, and Susan can be Reeds sentient robot "assistant." and the Human Torch? What Human Torch? We'll replace him with Galactus who in this movie can be a mutant like the Juggernaut was.

Oh, and it turns out Dr. Doom is really (Spoilers ahead) a gender bent evil clone of Reed's.

The difference between those changes and this one is that neither Jimmy, Perry, or Electro are major characters. Nobody really has a set view of these characters, maybe Jimmy but he's such a small character that any change could be brushed off. Changes to these types of characters don't matter at all to me because their role and characterization mean much much more than their looks. Like Jimmy Olsen can still be Jimmy Olsen if he was black, asian, or even a woman as long as he still has that photographer/reporter role. However, major characters like Dr. Doom should not be changed because their look is just as important as their role/characterization. Even though it might just be a surface change, making Dr. Doom a girl would be horrible and pointless.

#20 Edited by King-Stranglehold da first (3224 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone shoot me in the head with a 44. Magnum pistol. That would be an honorable death for me considering I dont want to live in this world even more....After hearing this.

#21 Posted by MideonNViscera (367 posts) - - Show Bio

Nurse Doom.

#22 Posted by DoomGuy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha everyone who is supporting changing races of characters shouldn't even think of arguing about changing sex. It was bound to happen.

#23 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not touching this with a 10" pole...

#24 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13201 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza said:

@powerherc:

and make the silver surfer orange!!

The Citrus Surfer!!!!

#25 Posted by PowerHerc (84035 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by russellmania77 (15448 posts) - - Show Bio

A female doctor? Hahahaha

#27 Edited by Hanson724 (561 posts) - - Show Bio

Another dumb idea. No,no, aaaaaand no

#28 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (10619 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine said:

They made Perry White black and Jimmy Olson a girl.

Uhhhh, nope

#29 Edited by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by JetiiMitra (8644 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm "Dr. Doom." Nope, doesn't sound gender-locked to me. Let's do it!

#31 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10619 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

i uh yea its a safe bet this movie will suck last 2 sucked so its a given

#33 Posted by Samimista (20717 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want this, but I don't feel as strongly about it as some.

#34 Posted by Nothing2Lose (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: Whatever sells comics and movie tickets. Let's just whore them all out, right, Marvel? Right, DC?

#35 Posted by SoA (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

don't fix what aint broke. if fox wants diversity why not look to other stories? other companies? or... an original idea!

#36 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

So, how do you guys feel about movie Hogun the Grim while we're at it?

#37 Posted by judasnixon (6586 posts) - - Show Bio

@tifalockhart: Tadanobu Asano is an awesome actor. He played Genghis Khan before, so it seem like a no brainer for him to play Hogun.........

#38 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by judasnixon (6586 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

Bad idea.

#41 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

I just thought of something: what if Human Torch was Black in the movie and Invisible Woman was White, but they're still siblings but the movie never addresses how or why?

#42 Posted by JwwProd (9520 posts) - - Show Bio

#43 Edited by Ryagan (909 posts) - - Show Bio

While we're at it, let's make Susan Storm a stripper and Reed Richards a crack addict! And let's not stop there--Johnny Storm needs to turn into water instead of fire, and Ben Grimm should turn into a chick instead of the Thing!

#44 Posted by Joygirl (20003 posts) - - Show Bio

#45 Posted by Nothing2Lose (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@tifalockhart: Asian Hogun and black Heimdal were easily explained as being native to different realms of Asgard. I had no problem there. Dr. Doom with a vagina, though, would be like a pit of cobras having feet; no good can come of it. Just evil.

#46 Posted by GrenadeFlow (1532 posts) - - Show Bio

I laughed when I first saw this but now that I think about it this might not be a bad idea

#47 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6344 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want this to happen, it's been a while since I've had an excuse to break out the internet popcorn.

#48 Posted by YoungJustice (6846 posts) - - Show Bio

Changing the race of a character is okay (Depending on the character), because while the character isn't exactly the same, it's mostly aesthetic, but the sex...that changes the whole character.

#49 Posted by Nothing2Lose (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf: If this happens, I think that the original reason for wanting him humiliated and broken would be even more valid than before. Imagine being a woman trying to prove herself in a male-dominated scientific field, and then some asshat corrects you, "Um, you need to move a decimal here." You disregard his advice, and catastrophe happens. Poof! You look like the protagonist in Palahniuk's Invisible Monsters. I can hear the dialogue now: "Von Doom says women can do science, too! Cursed Richards and his infernal penis!" Hmm. Okay, maybe I was rash in bad-mouthing this idea. I'm starting to sell myself on it.

#50 Posted by StrangeMan (411 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie beats Superman vs Batman on most hilarious rumors. I also remember the rumors about the script being about a group of 4 metahuman runaways from a Goverment project or something like that, and knowing Fox all of this is most likely to be true.

It's gonna be a fun movie.