For those who have been or are dieting...

Avatar image for prince_cortsether
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There are hundreds of diet plans out there and certain ones work better for some than they do for others. For those who had been or are currently on a diet plan, why did you choose the specific diet plan you did/are doing? And if you tried multiple, which diet plan gave you the best results and satisfied your hunger the best while on it? 

I started experimenting with a bunch of different diet plans to see which one would work best for me after I got back from my 3rd year of college. During the last few weeks when finals were around my eating habits got pretty bad and I was mostly eating Dominos, which gained me a good 30 lbs eventually. When I got back home I thought that just no longer eating fast food would do the trick, but the Dominos slowed my metabolism a lot and I wasn't losing the 30 that I had dropped. I heard about juice fasting, so I purchased a juicer and would liquidize all my fruits and veggies, and mostly have the veggie drinks during the day. Making a juice out of fruit was easy, but making them out of vegetables was a challenge. The drinks were awful ( I still gag when I think about that damn cucumber-celery-ginger drink I made) and simply put, having nothing but water and fruit/vegetable drinks just didn't cut it for me.  

So then I found a diet plan that totally fit my carnivorous nature - The Atkins Diet. I gotta say, out of all the diet experiments I have done in my life, which include: South Beach, Weight Watchers, Body for Life, Buddhist diet, and the Grapefruit Diet, etc - my favorite and most effective plan has been the Atkins Diet.  It's basically a diet that restricts your carbs to 20g per day until you get the desired weight loss and then you gradually go up after a few weeks when you've hit your desired weight and you reach an equilibrium where you no longer lose weight but no longer gain. It's been working for me greatly, and I gotta say that any diet plan that allows me to eat meat, poultry and fish is a winner :P 

So which diet do you like and why? 

Edit: Ugh, just realize it should have been "had been" and not "have been". -_- pet peeve

superojsimpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By superojsimpson

so.. you really a princess?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I don't diet, I just eat smarter which is the way it should be. The only that changes is the amount of food  whether I'm bulking up with more carbs and protein or cutting and trimming down. hardly eating carbs, and cutting back the protein .

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123
@superojsimpson said:
so.. you really a princess?
No Caption Provided
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123
@Prince CortSether: I tried Atkins. I failed miserably at trying to balance it out after losing and ended up getting it all back. I just don't eat bad sh*t and work out regularly now. 
superojsimpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By superojsimpson

I only eat chips cholocate and coke on a daily basis. is that bad?