• 191 results
Reptilicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Reptilicus

@Lady_Liberty: No, it does not make a great record. That is agreed on.

But considering Bruce Lee refused to train in boxing at that time, instead he continued his wing chun and actually won, is pretty impressive. Not only is wing chun a style hard to master to be effective, Lee won in the wing, under boxing rules. Most martial artists would be dominated under boxing rules, pro or not pro.

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By TheThe

Floyd wins round 1 and Bonus round. He loses 2 & 3.

weegrifin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By weegrifin

Floyd easily in the first round, Boxing.

The other rounds I can see Bruce winning but in boxing I'm favouring the guy with a record with wins over past,current and guys who went onto win world titles than someone who mixed in boxing in his training.

The bonus round I favour Floyd, Pacquaio struggles with counter punches see the Marquez fight were he struggles a lot, and i just think Floyd defence and counter punching would get the better of Manny.

weegrifin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By weegrifin

@FourthDeity said:

@Lady_Liberty: Sure,Mayweather Isn't a common thug when it comes to fighting but kicking is something foreign to him how would he know what to do? I have been doing martial arts for years and I will tell you from experience a solid kicker is no joke. You may think you're out of range but if someone like Bruce kicks you in the knee its all over,that knee is gone.Best defensive skill from punches? No doubt but from a kick going to the knee? Those are hard to telegraph.

Fair enough.What has Floyd done to compete with that?It's going to be hard to even tag someone with reflexes like Bruce's and like I previously stated Floyd hasn't fought anyone near Bruce's skill.Yeah sure he hasn't fought a mayweather but he has taken on people that would easily give him a run for his money.Especially under the conditions Bruce was under.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaC8G7luRk4&feature=related skip to 7:20 you see bruce literally stunning him with agility and punching speed. Around 8:07 you see him react to a punch before it was even thrown.

Bruce lee's W/L ratio is probably much higher than that judging by his training and sparring clips.

Bruce has beaten people MUCH stronger than Floyd (Bolo) quick? I doubt Floyd is any faster than Bruce.

That is a scripted movie fight, we need real boxing or any form of combat sport feats to judge how good Bruce is under the rules of Boxing. All I have heard is he beat a few low level amatuers and thats it.

here a highlight of Floyd's reflexes and defence in boxing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK9en6g9JTQ.

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lady_Liberty said:

Blarg, the forum must have ate my post when the thread moved. I'm going to copy and past, and bold my replies to each part now, because I'm afraid it might get difficult to read my posts due to the length of the responses at this point.

@Almighty_Darkseid: Chinese boxing? Don't mean to burst your bubble but that was the first thing he's ever done. He said himself at age 7 I couldn't get enough boxing. Maybe the word perfected was over-exaggerated but he isn't new to the world of boxing.

Chinese boxing? What does that have to do with real boxing? Not much. Your likes when your seven don't mean much in the ring with a 43-0 fighter. Also there is a very large gulf between not 'being new to the world of boxing' and 'Beating Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match'

Strength wouldn't matter? Bruce clearly has the speed and strength and it doesn't matter? so what will matter in this fight? I wont take that from Floyd he's no pushover.

Strength does matter, but it will not have very much of an effect on this fight. To start with the strength gulf isn't nearly as large as it would be against a heavy weight, because Bruce never even topped two hundred pounds. Second you have to land a power punch for strength to count for much, and Floyd is a master of defense if there ever was one.

No one asks him because he isn't half the fighter Bruce is he will NEVER leave an impact on this world like he did.

You know, I agree that Floyd will never have anywhere near the impact Bruce did. But to say he 'isn't half the fighter' is not only unfair to Floyd's skills and record, its flat out disconnected with reality.

A fighter can prove himself as much as he wants in the ring that won't stop the guy training 3x harder than you from knocking you out cold.

Three times harder? Got any proof? Do you even know how hard Floyd trains? No one does, except for him and his training crew.

Two?Three? Funny. Your only argument is his record.That doesn't mean a damn thing when fighting someone like bruce. The same was said about Ali and look what happened the 1st time he lost.Everyone was speechless.Ali was never a 43-0 fighter but If you compare the two in their prime Ali would decimate him.

There is no other proof of skill besides a record. And what does Ali losing a fight have to do with Bruce out boxing Mayweather? And what does an 'Ali vs. Mayweather' fight have to do with it?

Its clear that Bruce knows more about the ART of fighting that Floyd ever will.Bruce pretty much knows his style and then some.He's practiced many styles built around fighting people like Floyd(Wing Chun) and evolved it.This is a boxing match and Floyd would never have seen someone counter and move like Lee did.Floyd picks his fights. Lee didn't he took on any challenger and defeated them ALL.

Bruce can know all he wants about 'art'. Floyd knows about the sweet science, and that's all he's going to need for this. Where on earth do you get that Wing Chun has anything to do with Floyd's style? That is a pretty bizzare claim, I'm going to ask that you clarify that because I don't even see what you're talking about there.

Lee took on any challengers, and defeated them all? Unless they were professional contenders, what does that matter? Floyd could go knock out amateurs, and people of the street all day at his gym if he wanted to. But what would be the point?

@Almighty_Darkseid: u do know that just because u fight professionally doesnt mean ur good, cause a lot of professional fighters suck... there are also professional fighters that have no wins at all...

What does this hypothetical 'no wins pro' have to do with Floyd, the 'no losses pro'? Oh, well I guess they are the inverse of one another. That's something I guess.

ortiz headbutted him, cause he couldnt get a good hit on floyd They call this 'cheating'.

unbeaten record dont mean ur good... especially when u cherry pick ur opponents... floyd never fought people in his league or near it... he has dodged so many fighters that wanted to fight him...

Who aside from Manny could challange him, and he hasn't agreed to fight? Besides, no one 'cherry picks' Oscar De La Hoya unless they are insane.

smh at u thinking just cause u go pro ur automatically "good" i can just go pro tomorrow, i guess ill be good as well right?

Wrong.

or maybe i go pro and cherry pick 50 of my fights and win them all... that would mean i have an unbeaten record, so that means i can beat bruce as well, i like the logic u use its great...

Come back when you go pro and win fifty fights. To be honest if you did that, I would probably agree you could beat Bruce, even if you did beat mostly journeymen.

@lagoon_boy said:

Pass me some popcorn while I wait for their replies ;-)

chinese boxing isnt real boxing? whats "real" boxing? i guess "real" boxing is only american boxing huh? smh

so american martial arts, brazilian martial arts, etc isnt real martial arts, only chinese martial arts, and japanese martial arts are real right?

and no floyd is not the master of defense... u obviously dont know much about boxing all u watch is floyd... the best defensive boxer OF ALL TIME would have to be willie pep...

floyd dont train as hard as bruce do... floyd cant even do half the things bruce do on a regular...

actually it does, since u think just, cause u go pro ur automatically good...

umm, now i know u dont watch boxing... he has ducked shane mosley when he was still in his prime, he has ducked margarito when he was in his prime, he has also ducked bernard hopkins when he was in his prime..

and u do know that floyd takes xylocaine... which is a body enchancing drug, which in others is hes cheating...

nuff said, u think anyone who fought crappy fighters, and cherry picked them would beat bruce... ur logic is very flawed...

weegrifin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By weegrifin

To the above posted Floyd may not be the greatest defensive boxer of all time but he is one them. Bernard Hopkins never fought in any of Floyd's weight classes so I don't see how Floyd ducked him. How do you know who trains harder if you haven't seen them train daily? And even if Bruce trains harder he trains many different styles whilst Floyd only focus in training is boxing and thus he train harder for boxing. What I wonder though is if Bruce was good enough to beat Floyd who has beat champions over 5 weight classes, is why didn't he fight a pro if he was that good.

weegrifin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By weegrifin

Also the logic that a pro fighter who has beat champions through 5 different weight classes can't beat Bruce Lee because he beat crappy fighters, yet Bruce Lee beat no one outside of a few street fights and sparring is flawed.

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#108  Edited By umbrafeline

round 1: bruce lee

round 2: bruce lee

round 3: bruce lee

bonus round: i dont care

weegrifin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By weegrifin

How do we no how good a fighter Bruce Lee is if he doesn't have any non scripted fights online to judge him from?

jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By jeanlucpicard

Bruce, I think what many people forget is that Bruce needed scripted fights, who here honestly would let bruce kick them...anywhere for real? No one because it would be insane to let him do that.

Also chuck norris isn't a lame movie star as many people like to make him out to be. He was a skilled fighter and would make you cry for your mom so fast.

Mayweather just wouldn't be able to beat Bruce, no doubt in my mind.

weegrifin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By weegrifin

@jeanlucpicard said:

Bruce, I think what many people forget is that Bruce needed scripted fights, who here honestly would let bruce kick them...anywhere for real? No one because it would be insane to let him do that.

Also chuck norris isn't a lame movie star as many people like to make him out to be. He was a skilled fighter and would make you cry for your mom so fast.

Mayweather just wouldn't be able to beat Bruce, no doubt in my mind.

If Bruce fought pro in Muay Thai, Karate or Kick boxing then there would be many fighters out there for him to kick and prove himself as a fighter. And if he fought as a pro in boxing then there is many fighters out there who he could fight also.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By MAZAHS117

Mayweather wins round 1 the straight boxing match.....round 2 & 3 go to Bruce easy imo...Pacquiao wins the bonus fight imo, until I'm proved wrong

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#113  Edited By umbrafeline

unless manny knows the dim mak [touch of death] he goes down like a sack of potatos

Uno_Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#114  Edited By Uno_Oscuro

Bruce Lee

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#115  Edited By TheWitchingHour

I think Floyd would win a boxing match but Bruce would win everything else.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#116  Edited By FourthDeity

@weegrifin: Not bad.That's amazing but I'll bet my last penny he isn't as fast or skilled as Lee. I can see it in the way he punches and how stunned he was from Floyds dodges. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJNUP9HsZAcAlthough these are completely different I can still say firmly that Bruce's defense can easily rival that of mayweathers.Bruce has fought people that slip,duck and block etc etc but who has fought against someone with wing chun?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP--Lh_hFsQ&feature=related Skip to around 0:30 and you see how much faster he is than Floyd.Two finger push ups? By far stronger.

Bruce has Strength,Speed and versatility against Floyd. Floyd may have him in reflexes although that's VERY debatable but I won't assume.

What does Floyd have? A record?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpbi-6Sb_ys&feature=relatedSkip to 1:00 you clearly see his footwork and movement all around is FAR superior to Floyd's. Later on you see him boxing a punching bag so yes he is very skilled in boxing.

Around 2:04 you literally can't see his fist move from his hand to the guys chest. And before you say " oh these are scripted" before looking at them they aren't they are legit feats for Lee done as training.

Bruce would take Floyd in all 3 rounds easily.

@jeanlucpicard: Needed scripted fights? Not by a long shot.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By HBKTimHBK

Bruce Lee stomps round 2 and round 3, but Floyd wins round 1 due to the fact that Floyd has a lot more experience then Bruce in that regard.

weegrifin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By weegrifin

@HBKTimHBKsaid:

Bruce Lee stomps round 2 and round 3, but Floyd wins round 1 due to the fact that Floyd has a lot more experience then Bruce in that regard.

@FourthDeity

said:

@weegrifin: Not bad.That's amazing but I'll bet my last penny he isn't as fast or skilled as Lee. I can see it in the way he punches and how stunned he was from Floyds dodges. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJNUP9HsZAcAlthough these are completely different I can still say firmly that Bruce's defense can easily rival that of mayweathers.Bruce has fought people that slip,duck and block etc etc but who has fought against someone with wing chun?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP--Lh_hFsQ&feature=related Skip to around 0:30 and you see how much faster he is than Floyd.Two finger push ups? By far stronger.

Bruce has Strength,Speed and versatility against Floyd. Floyd may have him in reflexes although that's VERY debatable but I won't assume.

What does Floyd have? A record?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpbi-6Sb_ys&feature=relatedSkip to 1:00 you clearly see his footwork and movement all around is FAR superior to Floyd's. Later on you see him boxing a punching bag so yes he is very skilled in boxing.

Around 2:04 you literally can't see his fist move from his hand to the guys chest. And before you say " oh these are scripted" before looking at them they aren't they are legit feats for Lee done as training.

Bruce would take Floyd in all 3 rounds easily.

@jeanlucpicard: Needed scripted fights? Not by a long shot.

I just don't see Bruce Lee beating Floyd Mayweather in boxing, yes he has incorporated boxing into his training but Floyd has trained his whole life training for boxing and there is no saying how effective wing chun is in boxing as no one has came from it and showed a lot of success on world level.

Speed Bruce might have but many fighters have beat fighters who are much faster than them such as Morales has beat Pacquaio and Marquez has arguably beat Pacquaio 3 times dispite being a lot slower.

Floyd himself has had trouble with fighters much slower than he is in Jose Louis Castillo., simply because speed isn't everthing in boxing.

Any there is many more examples of the slower fighter troubling those who are faster in boxing.

The bag work that Bruce shows clearly wouldn't put him on Floyd's level in boxing and bags don't hit back anyway.

The second and third go to Bruce Lee most likely especailly the staff round as Floyd has no experiance in using a staff most likely.

I know Bruce has sparred many Karate and other martail arts guys who were world class but has he sparred any top level boxers? if not then it is even more unlikely for him to win because sparring is the closest thing to a fight and if he hasn't sparred world class boxer then fighting Floyd would be a huge step up.

Also do you why he chose not to compete in competive fights? just wondering.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#119  Edited By cyberninja
@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Bruce stomps.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By FourthDeity

@weegrifin: May not see It but In my opinion knowing Bruce Floyd won't have a chance. Bruce has trained his whole life starting with a style not too far off from Floyds as well. Has Mayweather beaten anyone faster than him?

But that's the thing.. Bruce doesn't have to rely on it he's both faster and stronger by a pretty large margin.LOL funny because Bruce said something about " The bag won't hit back" in one of his movies when a Guy shattered a board.

The second and third goes to him hands down,No way in hell will Mayweather stack up to a full force Bruce.Has Mayweather sparred with one of the best there is at what he does? Bruce has sparred against people that are on world class level multiple times can Floyd say the same?Can Floyd say he's been trained by probably the best martial artists there is?(Yip Man) not even close.

He doesn't like the rules he has to follow.He believes martial arts is an expression of ones self.

weegrifin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By weegrifin

@FourthDeity:

I still don't see how he could beat Floyd Mayweather in boxing as there is only a few clips of Bruce Lee on the bag of him training strictly boxing. Floyd has won world titles over 5 different weight classes and trains one style whilst Bruce Lee train many and thus I doubt he spent as much time working his boxing as Floyd who is one of the most skilled current boxers.

And do you know any boxers that Bruce Lee has sparred? As that is the only other way to test his boxig skills outside of a fight.

Speed and strength Bruce Lee has the advantage but in skill for strictly boxing I favour Floyd Mayweather, and that is what Floyd would use to beat him with.

The problem with this though is it is all guess work as he has so few boxing clips of Bruce Lee and the rest is more martial arts clips.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By FourthDeity

@weegrifin: May not see It but In my opinion knowing Bruce Floyd won't have a chance. Bruce has trained his whole life starting with a style not too far off from Floyds as well. Has Mayweather beaten anyone faster than him?

But that's the thing.. Bruce doesn't have to rely on it he's both faster and stronger by a pretty large margin.LOL funny because Bruce said something about " The bag won't hit back" in one of his movies when a Guy shattered a board.

The second and third goes to him hands down,No way in hell will Mayweather stack up to a full force Bruce.Has Mayweather sparred with one of the best there is at what he does? Bruce has sparred against people that are on world class level multiple times can Floyd say the same?Can Floyd say he's been trained by probably the best martial artists there is?(Yip Man) not even close.

He doesn't like the rules he has to follow.He believes martial arts is an expression of ones self.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By MAZAHS117

.....This fight would be irrelevant anyways, cause neither one of these two could hold Bruce Leroy.....Dude catches bullets with his friggin' teeth!

LONGTIME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By LONGTIME
  Dat hand speed D:
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Bruce stomps.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By SUNMAN

Round 1: Floyd obviously

Rond 2: Lee probably, unless Floyd brings a gun or uses some round about means

Round 3: Lee obviously, also love how concessions were made for Bruce in round 1, but Floyd is given no time to practice. Not like it matter in either scenario, but seemed like this thread was clearly biased

Bonus: Floyd wins. This Manny vs Mayweather fight has been a little overhyped imo. Mayweather is a five-division world champion, where he has won ten world titles, including the lineal championship in three different weight classes. He is a two-time "Fighter of the Year". He is undefeated. 43 wins, 26 KO's and 0 ties or loses. He is the WBC World Welterweight Champion. And was formerly rated as the "number one" pound-for-pound best boxer in the world. Not to mention he is 35 years old, and still arguably one of the best boxers in the world. Manny's lost 5 times.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@SUNMAN said:

Round 1: Floyd obviously

Rond 2: Lee probably, unless Floyd brings a gun or uses some round about means

Round 3: Lee obviously, also love how concessions were made for Bruce in round 1, but Floyd is given no time to practice. Not like it matter in either scenario, but seemed like this thread was clearly biased

Bonus: Floyd wins. This Manny vs Mayweather fight has been a little overhyped imo. Mayweather is a five-division world champion, where he has won ten world titles, including the lineal championship in three different weight classes. He is a two-time "Fighter of the Year". He is undefeated. 43 wins, 26 KO's and 0 ties or loses. He is the WBC World Welterweight Champion. And was formerly rated as the "number one" pound-for-pound best boxer in the world. Not to mention he is 35 years old, and still arguably one of the best boxers in the world. Manny's lost 5 times.

This.

SavageBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By SavageBeast

Bruce Lee stomps.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#129  Edited By Joygirl

Bruce destroys him in all rounds.

Bonus round comes, bell rings, Manny steps forward, Bruce flies past with a flying knee, knocks Manny out instantly and then spinning hook kicks Floyd in the soul, therefore winning the bonus round as well.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#130  Edited By Bruxae

Bruce looses first match, stomps the rest.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 Mayweather

2 Mayweather

3 Bruce

Bonus Mayweather

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 to 3

bruce stomps..

Bonus round.. Manny pacman babyshakes floyd.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floyd, Bruce, Bruce, Floyd

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#135 frozen  Moderator
@jayc1324 said:

Bruce can't beat him anything goes. Bruce wasn't a fighter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: what do you mean Bruce wasn't a fighter? Bruce would kick Floyd across the room before Floyd knew the right had even started

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@jayc1324: Only in a Hollywood movie. Floyd is a perfectionist with his punches and he's an all-time great in regards to a fighter. He's P4P #1 - he has credentials. Bruce hasn't fought anyone noteworthy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Bruce was fast outside movies too. Floyd can't do crap with his kicks. He's too fast. And bruce fought chuck Norris

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 frozen  Moderator

@jayc1324:

Bruce was fast outside movies too. Floyd can't do crap with his kicks

It's a misconception that just because he boxes, he isn't versatile. He's a top boxer who has mastery over his punching technique. Punching is the most common instinct in a fight. Floyd's punching ability is maximised.

He's too fast.

Not against a live body.

And bruce fought chuck Norris

Good grief, it was a film.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: he's not versatile. all he has is fists. If you think a guy who can only punch can beat a guy faster than him and in better shape and can use kicks then you're crazy. Bruce's kicks are too fast. Look up Bruce on YouTube. There's real life videos of him being crazy fast.

Floyd can only punch. Bruce can punch and kick and more and is faster

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 frozen  Moderator

@jayc1324 said:

@frozen: he's not versatile. all he has is fists. If you think a guy who can only punch can beat a guy faster than him and in better shape and can use kicks then you're crazy. Bruce's kicks are too fast. Look up Bruce on YouTube. There's real life videos of him being crazy fast.

This is wrong. Just because he's confined to fists, that does not mean he can't fight in the street.

Most people's first instinct in a fight is to punch. Boxing amplifies your punching ability to the fullest of your ability. Boxers punch with far superior technique than those who do not box and punch much faster.

He's not in better shape. Floyd can go 12 rounds and trade hundreds of punches with other fighters. Bruce has a better physique.

I've seen Lee's videos. We have no idea how fast those kicks would be against trained fighters - let alone elite all time greats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: a guy who can only punch loses to a guy who can punch and kick. And come back to me when Floyd does 50 one armed pull ups or kicks a 300 pound bag to the ceiling. Bruce is in better shape. And his kicks are fast against anyone, especially someone who can't block a kick.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 frozen  Moderator

@jayc1324 said:

@frozen: a guy who can only punch loses to a guy who can punch and kick. And come back to me when Floyd does 50 one armed pull ups or kicks a 300 pound bag to the ceiling. Bruce is in better shape. And his kicks are fast against anyone, especially someone who can't block a kick.

Nope. He isn't just a puncher - he's a world class puncher that has gone up against elites. Get real using exercises to verify your claims. Videos of Bruce Lee kicking things is cool, that does not mean he can beat an elite fighter unless Lee has fought an elite himself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: he is still just a puncher...

Bruce lee is above Floyd in physicals and Floyd has no answer for kicks if he's even fast enough to see them coming.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 frozen  Moderator

@jayc1324 said:

@frozen: he is still just a puncher...

Bruce lee is above Floyd in physicals and Floyd has no answer for kicks if he's even fast enough to see them coming.

Try taking up a martial art yourself and you will see how useful punching is. It's better to be a masterful puncher than jack of all trades. Punching is the first instinct in a fight - it's incredibly useful if you can maximise your punching capability so that you can snap punches. Saying he is ''just a puncher'' is logic from people who do not fight or atleast watch a martial art.

No he isn't. Floyd Mayweather can go 12 rounds and trade hundreds of punches with other men, which can potentially result in life threatening harm. That is much more impressive than Bruce kicking a bag. Floyd's been fighting since 1996 and he's still in his physical prime.

Floyd has answers for kicks because he's a real fighter. If some random person posted a video on YouTube of them doing Bruce Lee speed kicks, would that mean they can beat the worlds best fighter? No.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I do martial arts but a puncher isn't beating Bruce Lee. Bruce hits harder and faster. Show me Floyd blocking a kick. Until then, he can't beat Bruce. I can show you plenty if vids of Bruce blocking punches, which is all Floyd can do.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Mayweather is a punk

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@frozen said:
@jayc1324 said:

Wut? Bruce was a street fighter.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 frozen  Moderator

@jayc1324 said:

@frozen: I do martial arts but a puncher isn't beating Bruce Lee. Bruce hits harder and faster. Show me Floyd blocking a kick. Until then, he can't beat Bruce. I can show you plenty if vids of Bruce blocking punches, which is all Floyd can do.

Sure you do.

Bruce isn't blocking punches from elite boxers. Bruce can do cool demonstrations with kicks, but anyone can - Bruce is an actor. He has no credible fight record, he's never went up against an all time great, we've never seen him take a punch, etc.

Floyd has had over 45 fights. He's a five division world champion. He's won eight world titles. He's P4P the best fighter in the world.

The evidence is against you. Floyd's career as a fighter > vague statements and demonstrations by Bruce Lee.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:
@jayc1324 said:

Wut? Bruce was a street fighter.

Bruce's tenure as a street fight is vague as hell. Floyd's tenure as a fighter is much more credible.