• 191 results
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By nefarious

Bruce wins all three rounds VERY EASILY.  

For the Bonus Round, I will side with Manny.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By FourthDeity

@Lady_Liberty: Mayweather wouldn't dream of fighting someone of Bruce's caliber. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60khBZKzRMIWon't be seriously hurt by ONE punch from Bruce. The man that trained with him pretty much said he had blinding speed. Floyd isn't going to get hit once.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By King_Saturn
Floyd Mayweather would beat Bruce Lee in a straight up Boxing Match 
every other round goes to Bruce Lee though
Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

@Lady_Liberty said:

@VercingetorixTheGreat: I doubt very highly that Mayweather would be seriously hurt by one punch from Bruce, much less knocked out.

The fact is that there is no record Bruce ever fought someone of Mayweather's skills, or abilities.

I suggest that you let this go, anyone saying that Bruce would actually defeat Floyd in boxing, is either doing it on purpose or simply doesnt know what they are talking about.

Sadly, the case in this matter is the latter one. The Vine merry go round, can be quite frustrating. Bruce Lee fanatics, cannot distinguish real life, from fantasy. lol

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By lady_liberty

@Almighty_Darkseid: I never said kicking was a worthless skill, it has its place. But its not as useful as hand skills, which is why hand skills should be stressed a lot more for the stand up game.

Wait, you think just staying outside his reach and kicking him is going to work against the man who could be the greatest pound for pound fighter alive? Mayweather isn't some amateur or journeyman. And its really unlikely you can penetrate his defenses with a slower moving leg, that has to travel all the way from the ground. He has without question the best defensive skills in the world right now.

@FourthDeity: Your 'evidence' is movie clips and stuff he did to show off at a demo. I'm not saying Bruce wasn't strong for his size, wasn't fast, or wasn't skilled, I'm saying that it takes a heck of a lot more then that to survive against Mayweather, much less beat him.

And your right that it was his training. Not experience. He trained very hard, and so he physically outclassed most everyone he ever faced. Never once in his life did Bruce have a serious fight with someone who had Mayweathers combination of training, fitness, experience, unorthodox style, skill, and pure talent.

Mayweather might not be the nicest guy in the world, and he hasn't done nearly what Bruce did for martial arts, but he has proved himself time after time, night after night, fight after fight by stepping into the ring with some of the toughest, most skilled, well trained, fit, talented and experienced men in the world. No one gave him his reputation for being the pound for pound greatest fighter alive, he earned it by fighting 43 fights as a professional boxer, and winning 43 fights as a professional boxer.

@VercingetorixTheGreat: Nice wiki skills ;-)

No one is saying Bruce wasn't strong, fit, or quick. What I am saying is Mayweather is also very strong, very fit, and very quick and he has a massive advantage in actual fight experience.

Bruce wasn't the greatest fighter in human history by half either. I would say the greatest fighter in recent times was Sugar Ray Robinson, but I think there is a chance Anderson Silva can prove himself to be the best fighter to have lived in the last couple of centuries but time only time will tell.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By mikethekiller

People are brain washed by way to many kung fu flicks

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By lady_liberty

@FourthDeity: Mayweather wouldn't dream of fighting someone of Bruce's caliber? What? The only person alive that Mayweather might have even the slightest worry about fighting in a boxing match and near his weight class is Manny Pacquiao.

And where in that video does it show this amazing power? All I saw was him kicking a bag, and showing people some basic stuff.

None of that shows the ability to put Mayweather away in one punch lol. Much less even compete with him.

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lady_Liberty said:

@Almighty_Darkseid: I never said kicking was a worthless skill, it has its place. But its not as useful as hand skills, which is why hand skills should be stressed a lot more for the stand up game.

Wait, you think just staying outside his reach and kicking him is going to work against the man who could be the greatest pound for pound fighter alive? Mayweather isn't some amateur or journeyman. And its really unlikely you can penetrate his defenses with a slower moving leg, that has to travel all the way from the ground. He has without question the best defensive skills in the world right now.

@FourthDeity: Your 'evidence' is movie clips and stuff he did to show off at a demo. I'm not saying Bruce wasn't strong for his size, wasn't fast, or wasn't skilled, I'm saying that it takes a heck of a lot more then that to survive against Mayweather, much less beat him.

And your right that it was his training. Not experience. He trained very hard, and so he physically outclassed most everyone he ever faced. Never once in his life did Bruce have a serious fight with someone who had Mayweathers combination of training, fitness, experience, unorthodox style, skill, and pure talent.

Mayweather might not be the nicest guy in the world, and he hasn't done nearly what Bruce did for martial arts, but he has proved himself time after time, night after night, fight after fight by stepping into the ring with some of the toughest, most skilled, well trained, fit, talented and experienced men in the world. No one gave him his reputation for being the pound for pound greatest fighter alive, he earned it by fighting 43 fights as a professional boxer, and winning 43 fights as a professional boxer.

@VercingetorixTheGreat: Nice wiki skills ;-)

No one is saying Bruce wasn't strong, fit, or quick. What I am saying is Mayweather is also very strong, very fit, and very quick and he has a massive advantage in actual fight experience.

Bruce wasn't the greatest fighter in human history by half either. I would say the greatest fighter in recent times was Sugar Ray Robinson, but I think there is a chance Anderson Silva can prove himself to be the best fighter to have lived in the last couple of centuries but time only time will tell.

kicks hit harder than punches, and all martial artists mostly uses kicks

bruce isnt some amateur either... and the fake kick is not to ko... its to trick him, a lot of boxers has already penetrated floyds defense... now floyd would have a hard time even trying to hit bruce, let alone trying to penetrate his defense

everyone that watches any type of fighting sport, looks up to bruce in fact u see his posters on their walls

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By lagoon_boy

Floyd stomps in a boxing match. Bruce wins the rest.

Bonus thingy, anything can happen. Probably going with Floyd if Manny's performance will repeat itself.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By lady_liberty

@Almighty_Darkseid: Bruce's defense? When has Bruce had to defend himself against a boxer of Floyd's skills? Never. Not once, ever did he face a fighter like Floyd in a serious fight. Floyd faces the best in the world all the time, but Bruce only fought a very small number of competitive bouts his entire life.

You seem to think I'm dissing Bruce's skills, fitness or talents. I'm not, he was amazing in all areas, and he did great things for the world of competitive fights and martial arts. But what he didn't do is fight the number of top fighters that Floyd has, so he I highly doubt he had the kind of real combat skill needed to stand against Floyd, much less beat him in boxing.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By FourthDeity

@Lady_Liberty: Sure,Mayweather Isn't a common thug when it comes to fighting but kicking is something foreign to him how would he know what to do? I have been doing martial arts for years and I will tell you from experience a solid kicker is no joke. You may think you're out of range but if someone like Bruce kicks you in the knee its all over,that knee is gone.Best defensive skill from punches? No doubt but from a kick going to the knee? Those are hard to telegraph.

Fair enough.What has Floyd done to compete with that?It's going to be hard to even tag someone with reflexes like Bruce's and like I previously stated Floyd hasn't fought anyone near Bruce's skill.Yeah sure he hasn't fought a mayweather but he has taken on people that would easily give him a run for his money.Especially under the conditions Bruce was under.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaC8G7luRk4&feature=related skip to 7:20 you see bruce literally stunning him with agility and punching speed. Around 8:07 you see him react to a punch before it was even thrown.

Bruce lee's W/L ratio is probably much higher than that judging by his training and sparring clips.

Bruce has beaten people MUCH stronger than Floyd (Bolo) quick? I doubt Floyd is any faster than Bruce.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By FourthDeity

@Lady_Liberty said:

@FourthDeity: Mayweather wouldn't dream of fighting someone of Bruce's caliber? What? The only person alive that Mayweather might have even the slightest worry about fighting in a boxing match and near his weight class is Manny Pacquiao.

And where in that video does it show this amazing power? All I saw was him kicking a bag, and showing people some basic stuff.

None of that shows the ability to put Mayweather away in one punch lol. Much less even compete with him.

I hope you aren't implying Manny is taking Bruce..No one said one punch neither of these guys will go down in one punch.Bruce will work him and break his jaw.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By mikethekiller

Bruce Lee isn't capable of beating Flyod in a boxing match and I'm not sure why it's being debated.

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mikethekiller said:

Bruce Lee isn't capable of beating Flyod in a boxing match and I'm not sure why it's being debated.

he kicked a bag really fast and that's all that matters

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By lagoon_boy

@FourthDeity: Break his jaw? Floyd takes shots on his jaw all the time, what makes you think Bruce can do it? Just curious.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By FourthDeity

@lagoon_boy: Didn't mean literary but Bruce is easily capable of putting him out is what I meant to say.

Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lady_Liberty said:

@Almighty_Darkseid: Bruce's defense? When has Bruce had to defend himself against a boxer of Floyd's skills? Never. Not once, ever did he face a fighter like Floyd in a serious fight. Floyd faces the best in the world all the time, but Bruce only fought a very small number of competitive bouts his entire life.

You seem to think I'm dissing Bruce's skills, fitness or talents. I'm not, he was amazing in all areas, and he did great things for the world of competitive fights and martial arts. But what he didn't do is fight the number of top fighters that Floyd has, so he I highly doubt he had the kind of real combat skill needed to stand against Floyd, much less beat him in boxing.

bruce had a friendly sparring match with chuck norris and he spanked chuck like a disobedient child, and bruce wasnt even trying... chuck never got a hit in

bruce fought groups of gang members...

floyd dont face the best... whos the best he has faced? he cherry picks his fights...

bruce knows what hes capable of, thats why he didnt enter sports fighting and went into acting, cause he knows that he would hurt someone badly, bruce said he dont like the rules of these fighting sports, he likes street fighting where no rules are applied, he wants to maim his opponents not beat them in a time limit...

i doubt that floyd could even beat manny, and manny idolizes bruce thats why he grew his hair like him

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By lagoon_boy

@FourthDeity: Oh. Gotcha. Anyway, anyone is capable of putting someone unconscious, but Bruce never probably faced anyone with the skill set of Floyd.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By FourthDeity

@lagoon_boy: Same can be said for Mayweather.Bruce knew what he could do and wasn't afraid of any challenge while Floyd hides behind his little money team and forces manny to take a blood test minutes before the fight.Floyd is a beat but he doesn't hold a candle to anything Bruce can do. Bruce already KNOWS his style and then some. Bruce would stomp.

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By lagoon_boy

@FourthDeity: In a boxing match? Yes, same can be said for Floyd, but I don't think Bruce will even know what to do. Floyd's almost seen it all, so whatever tricks Bruce picked up in boxing Floyd probably learned and mastered them already. I doubt Bruce fought someone with Floyd's style.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By FourthDeity

@lagoon_boy: Seen it all but punches,Kicks and take-downs.Seen it all but one of the best there is. Learned and mastered them? You don't learn from something you've never seen.Bruce has fought,beaten boxers and even adapted their style. I challenge anyone to show me proof of Mayweather fighting a single master or JKD or even wing chun.Keep in mind bruce didn't train like people do now. He had elite sparring partners and worked them for hours.

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By lagoon_boy

@FourthDeity: We're arguing on who wins in a boxing match right? 0_o

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By FourthDeity

@lagoon_boy: Oh yeah my bad misread that comment. But it still stands. While this is a boxing match it won't stop bruce from implementing the other styles he knows.Contrary to the popular belief Bruce was a hell of a lot stronger than mayweather and easily faster

IIDEADxPOOLII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By IIDEADxPOOLII

LOL, guess Bruce Lee can beat Buakaw and Masato in a K-1 fight to.

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By lagoon_boy

@FourthDeity: No worries. He may be able to implement other stuff from his other disciplines, but it will be limited and will be restricted by the set of rules in boxing. Floyd's unique style might throw Bruce off though.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By CODYSF

Look Bruce Lee is a good fighter but when it comes to a real professional fight he will get knock the f out by Floyd Mayweather I hear people really even thinks that Bruce have a chance vs George Saint Pierre now that crap made me laugh look Bruce had never really have a recording vs fighting someone as good Floyd Mayweather in a real fight people get to delusional about him and they become fanboys and don't want to admit that he will lose.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By FourthDeity

@lagoon_boy: No doubt he was unique and would catch Bruce every now and then but the mans power,agility and reflexes were in a class of his own.Bruce's one inch punch sent a man flying. Imagine that full force to the nose.Sure he's taken heavy hits but Bruce had knock out power and speed to get in on them.Pretty sad how little these people know.It's refreshing to speak with someone that isn't talking out of their ass :)

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By lagoon_boy

@FourthDeity: That's the problem with Bruce though, he had no real proof of him doing such a feat in a real fight, and even if he did, he probably did it to a stationary target, I doubt he can land one of his "One inch punch" with Floyd dancing around using his incredible footwork. Bruce would have a better chance landing jabs and hooks than with his one inch punch thingy.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By FourthDeity

@lagoon_boy: Hell no bruce wouldn't one inch punch me. Did you see how long it took him to set up? I meant a full out punch.Bruce did that punch from exactly an inch away and sent someone that far.A serious blow from bruce is taking Floyd out no problem.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By lady_liberty

@FourthDeity: No one Bruce ever faced in his entire life would challenge Floyd Mayweather. Much less defeat him.

Secondly its impossible to have a win loss ratio higher then Floyd Mayweather, because Floyd's professional record is 100% wins, 0% losses.

He has never lost. Ever. (But I have high hopes for Manny.)

Thirdly, I'm not implying Manny would beat Bruce in a boxing match, I'm stating it. Manny would beat Bruce in a boxing match.

Bruce never even competed at that level even once in his life. Floyd and Manny live at that level. Bruce never fought a single professional bout. Floyd has fought and won 43. Manny has fought 60, and won 54.

Bruce doesn't have a record against top boxing contenders in real bouts. He never had to deal with that level of opponent on a regular basis. He almost always physically outclassed his opponents, and always out-skilled them by a wide margin. He's not use to being really truely tested the way Floyd and Manny are.

The bottom line is Bruce never proved himself even once against a top fighter, much less made a career of it.

@Almighty_Darkseid: Defeating Chuck Norris is only a 'feat' on the internet, not real life. Norris couldn't contend with Floyd any more then Bruce could.

And I doubt that Bruce was delusional enough to believe he would 'seriously hurt' professional fighters so badly he couldn't compete. Bruce was a smart and realistic man who had a good grasp of things, its why he was so successful at bringing martial arts into the modern era.

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By lagoon_boy

@FourthDeity: If that happened without any exaggerated movements from the target, then yes he could possibly do so. But I always thought he could only do that with "Concentration" though and that punch was different from his other punches. Anyway, that's basically his only chance though..and like all boxers, it takes them a few hundred thrown punches to actually land one that would cause a knockout, and considering Floyd's great defense I think Floyd can take the win before Bruce can. We don't even know how good was Bruce's chin and overall durability.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By CODYSF

@Lady_Liberty said:

@FourthDeity: No one Bruce ever faced in his entire life would challenge Floyd Mayweather. Much less defeat him.

Secondly its impossible to have a win loss ratio higher then Floyd Mayweather, because Floyd's professional record is 100% wins, 0% losses.

Thirdly, I'm not implying Manny would beat Bruce in a boxing match, I'm stating it. Manny would beat Bruce in a boxing match.

Bruce never even competed at that level even once in his life. Floyd and Manny live at that level. Bruce never fought a single professional bout. Floyd has fought and won 43. Manny has fought 60, and won 54.

Bruce doesn't have a record against top boxing contenders in real bouts. He never had to deal with that level of opponent on a regular basis. He almost always physically outclassed his opponents, and always out-skilled them by a wide margin. He's not use to being really truely tested the way Floyd and Manny are.

The bottom line is Bruce never proved himself even once against a top fighter, much less made a career of it.

@Almighty_Darkseid: Defeating Chuck Norris is only a 'feat' on the internet, not real life. Norris couldn't contend with Floyd any more then Bruce could.

And I doubt that Bruce was delusional enough to believe he would 'seriously hurt' professional fighters so badly he couldn't compete. Bruce was a smart and realistic man who had a good grasp of things, its why he was so successful at bringing martial arts into the modern era.

Yes someone who actually knows what are they talking about I give you Kudos my friend.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By FourthDeity

@Lady_Liberty: We have gone over this multiple times neither of them have fought anyone in their caliber.If you want to go by percent then yes,there's no arguing that. I do hope manny beats him to a pulp as well.

No he won't. Bruce has seen boxing and perfected it. People may think bruce is all speed and flash but he's far more than that.He is probably stronger than Floyd.Doesn't matter.Bruce would probably stomp everyone they've fought.

Have you seen what people he's sparred with said about him?Don't mean to sound like a Chuck Norris fanboy but even he said Bruce would take him out with no problem.

And yes he has fought multiple professional fighters and fighting was his living before he got into the Hollywood lifestyle.

And yes he really beat chuck in real life.Chuck didn't land a single blow. If that happened to Chuck what hope does Floyd have?

Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lady_Liberty said:

bruce would have a no loss record, if he fought professionally as well

i mean if the guy can perform so much amazing feats, that no other man can do, what makes u think, he cant perform it on a person...

floyd would have lost to ortiz... he cheap shotted him

how do u know if manny would beat bruce in a boxing match? a guy that looks up to and idolizes bruce...

ok, and records dont really count... it just means u have proof... of what u did, doesnt mean they are the best...

so just cause bruce, dont have a record, he automatically loses? so lets say if floyd was who he is right now but never fought professionally, that means he just sucks then right?

its not a feat on the internet, if chuck admitted it himself...

that is why he didnt want to go pro... he said it himself... he dont like the rules.. which limits what a person can really do...

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By lady_liberty

@CODYSF: Thank you very much :-)

@FourthDeity: Floyd has fought and beat a far greater caliber of fighter then Bruce ever did. Now I do agree that no one Floyd has faced yet was in his 'league' so to speak, which is why I have such hopes for Floyd/Manny fighting in the near future before they get to old for it to prove anything.

And Bruce never perfected boxing lol! Sugar Ray Robinson perfected boxing. Bruce never even fought one professional bout. Considering his large weight advantage I would say Bruce was stronger then Floyd, but not nearly enough to matter in this fight. And no, Bruce would not 'stomp' everyone Floyd has fought. Floyd didn't become the greatest by beating up chumps, he did it by beating the best boxers in the world, time after time proving his skills in a way no one can deny.

Does it matter what people you spar say? No one asks what Floyd's sparing patterns say about him. Because no one really cares that much. You don't prove yourself in practice, you prove yourself by a consistent history of wins against top fighters in the ring. Something Floyd has, and Bruce doesn't.

'Multiple professional fighters'? Do you mean two, or maybe three? Because Floyd has beat every one that stepped into the ring with him. All 43 of them.

Again, who cares if he beat Norris? Norris is only an amazing fighter in the eyes of the internet. He lost ten bouts in his 'career'. Floyd lost zero.

Reptilicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Reptilicus

@Lady_Liberty: Not entirely true.

Bruce Lee displayed faster striking. He knew what was useful and what wasn't.

And even fought a champion in amateur boxing when he was younger and only studying wing chun, yet he won still.

I do still believe May' will win in boxing though.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By lady_liberty

@Almighty_Darkseid: Bruce would have a no loss record? Who knows. Probably not, but maybe. Either way it doesn't matter because he didn't fight professionally, and so he never was tested against serious fighters in that league.

Ortis the guy who deliberately headbutted him? He had already lost three of four rounds against Floyd, and was just mad he was getting beaten. Pressuring someone for less then one round does not a world champion make lol. You can talk about how Ortis is better when he has an unbeaten record.

How do I know Manny would beat Bruce in a boxing match? Because Manny has fought sixty professional bouts, and won fifty four? Because Bruce has fought zero professional bouts, and won zero? I mean.. the tail of the tape doesn't always tell the full story, but its pretty decisive here. Fifty four professional wins compared to zero professional wins is hard to argue about with a straight face.

And yes, if Floyd had never fought professionally he would never have developed the skills he had now, and would by comparison to Manny 'suck'.

It doesn't really matter why Bruce never 'went pro', the fact is he didn't and so he never faced real professional fighters in large numbers of fair contests.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By lady_liberty

@Reptilicus: One single amateur bout does not a great record make ;-)

There are probably people who visit this forum who have a better amateur record then Bruce.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By FourthDeity

@Lady_Liberty: Chinese boxing? Don't mean to burst your bubble but that was the first thing he's ever done. He said himself at age 7 I couldn't get enough boxing. Maybe the word perfected was over-exaggerated but he isn't new to the world of boxing.

Strength wouldn't matter? Bruce clearly has the speed and strength and it doesn't matter? so what will matter in this fight? I wont take that from Floyd he's no pushover.

No one asks him because he isn't half the fighter Bruce is he will NEVER leave an impact on this world like he did.

A fighter can prove himself as much as he wants in the ring that won't stop the guy training 3x harder than you from knocking you out cold.

Two?Three? Funny. Your only argument is his record.That doesn't mean a damn thing when fighting someone like bruce. The same was said about Ali and look what happened the 1st time he lost.Everyone was speechless.Ali was never a 43-0 fighter but If you compare the two in their prime Ali would decimate him.

Its clear that Bruce knows more about the ART of fighting that Floyd ever will.Bruce pretty much knows his style and then some.He's practiced many styles built around fighting people like Floyd(Wing Chun) and evolved it.This is a boxing match and Floyd would never have seen someone counter and move like Lee did.Floyd picks his fights. Lee didn't he took on any challenger and defeated them ALL.

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By lagoon_boy

Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lady_Liberty said:

@Almighty_Darkseid: Bruce would have a no loss record? Who knows. Probably not, but maybe. Either way it doesn't matter because he didn't fight professionally, and so he never was tested against serious fighters in that league.

Ortis the guy who deliberately headbutted him? He had already lost three of four rounds against Floyd, and was just mad he was getting beaten. Pressuring someone for less then one round does not a world champion make lol. You can talk about how Ortis is better when he has an unbeaten record.

How do I know Manny would beat Bruce in a boxing match? Because Manny has fought sixty professional bouts, and won fifty four? Because Bruce has fought zero professional bouts, and won zero? I mean.. the tail of the tape doesn't always tell the full story, but its pretty decisive here. Fifty four professional wins compared to zero professional wins is hard to argue about with a straight face.

And yes, if Floyd had never fought professionally he would never have developed the skills he had now, and would by comparison to Manny 'suck'.

It doesn't really matter why Bruce never 'went pro', the fact is he didn't and so he never faced real professional fighters in large numbers of fair contests.

u do know that just because u fight professionally doesnt mean ur good, cause a lot of professional fighters suck... there are also professional fighters that have no wins at all...

ortiz headbutted him, cause he couldnt get a good hit on floyd

unbeaten record dont mean ur good... especially when u cherry pick ur opponents... floyd never fought people in his league or near it... he has dodged so many fighters that wanted to fight him...

smh at u thinking just cause u go pro ur automatically "good" i can just go pro tomorrow, i guess ill be good as well right?

or maybe i go pro and cherry pick 50 of my fights and win them all... that would mean i have an unbeaten record, so that means i can beat bruce as well, i like the logic u use its great...

SkybornLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By SkybornLord

I go Bruce Lee all. I don't want to speak on the Manny thing because at this point, I'm tired of all the "Floyd's guys pulled out, he's scared." "Manny's guys pulled out, he's scared." Manny, just take the f*cking test if you're not on drugs! It's simple. Floyd, stop being a crybaby and give the guy his fight like all those other guys! And stop hitting women!

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By lagoon_boy

@Almighty_Darkseid: Does Hatton, De la Hoya, Marquez, Ortiz, and Gatti count for cherry picking?

Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lagoon_boy said:

@Almighty_Darkseid: Does Hatton, De la Hoya, Marquez, Ortiz, and Gatti count for cherry picking?

yes, to all but hatton and ortiz

de la hoya and marquez are both in their 40s and not like they once used to be

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By lagoon_boy

@Almighty_Darkseid: Marquez's 38. The same 38 who I.M.O defeated Manny. But that's another story. Anyway. Have fun with your argument. This is just one of those too enjoyable to join debates.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By lady_liberty

Blarg, the forum must have ate my post when the thread moved. I'm going to copy and past, and bold my replies to each part now, because I'm afraid it might get difficult to read my posts due to the length of the responses at this point.

@Almighty_Darkseid: Chinese boxing? Don't mean to burst your bubble but that was the first thing he's ever done. He said himself at age 7 I couldn't get enough boxing. Maybe the word perfected was over-exaggerated but he isn't new to the world of boxing.

Chinese boxing? What does that have to do with real boxing? Not much. Your likes when your seven don't mean much in the ring with a 43-0 fighter. Also there is a very large gulf between not 'being new to the world of boxing' and 'Beating Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match'

Strength wouldn't matter? Bruce clearly has the speed and strength and it doesn't matter? so what will matter in this fight? I wont take that from Floyd he's no pushover.

Strength does matter, but it will not have very much of an effect on this fight. To start with the strength gulf isn't nearly as large as it would be against a heavy weight, because Bruce never even topped two hundred pounds. Second you have to land a power punch for strength to count for much, and Floyd is a master of defense if there ever was one.

No one asks him because he isn't half the fighter Bruce is he will NEVER leave an impact on this world like he did.

You know, I agree that Floyd will never have anywhere near the impact Bruce did. But to say he 'isn't half the fighter' is not only unfair to Floyd's skills and record, its flat out disconnected with reality.

A fighter can prove himself as much as he wants in the ring that won't stop the guy training 3x harder than you from knocking you out cold.

Three times harder? Got any proof? Do you even know how hard Floyd trains? No one does, except for him and his training crew.

Two?Three? Funny. Your only argument is his record.That doesn't mean a damn thing when fighting someone like bruce. The same was said about Ali and look what happened the 1st time he lost.Everyone was speechless.Ali was never a 43-0 fighter but If you compare the two in their prime Ali would decimate him.

There is no other proof of skill besides a record. And what does Ali losing a fight have to do with Bruce out boxing Mayweather? And what does an 'Ali vs. Mayweather' fight have to do with it?

Its clear that Bruce knows more about the ART of fighting that Floyd ever will.Bruce pretty much knows his style and then some.He's practiced many styles built around fighting people like Floyd(Wing Chun) and evolved it.This is a boxing match and Floyd would never have seen someone counter and move like Lee did.Floyd picks his fights. Lee didn't he took on any challenger and defeated them ALL.

Bruce can know all he wants about 'art'. Floyd knows about the sweet science, and that's all he's going to need for this. Where on earth do you get that Wing Chun has anything to do with Floyd's style? That is a pretty bizzare claim, I'm going to ask that you clarify that because I don't even see what you're talking about there.

Lee took on any challengers, and defeated them all? Unless they were professional contenders, what does that matter? Floyd could go knock out amateurs, and people of the street all day at his gym if he wanted to. But what would be the point?

@Almighty_Darkseid: u do know that just because u fight professionally doesnt mean ur good, cause a lot of professional fighters suck... there are also professional fighters that have no wins at all...

What does this hypothetical 'no wins pro' have to do with Floyd, the 'no losses pro'? Oh, well I guess they are the inverse of one another. That's something I guess.

ortiz headbutted him, cause he couldnt get a good hit on floyd They call this 'cheating'.

unbeaten record dont mean ur good... especially when u cherry pick ur opponents... floyd never fought people in his league or near it... he has dodged so many fighters that wanted to fight him...

Who aside from Manny could challange him, and he hasn't agreed to fight? Besides, no one 'cherry picks' Oscar De La Hoya unless they are insane.

smh at u thinking just cause u go pro ur automatically "good" i can just go pro tomorrow, i guess ill be good as well right?

Wrong.

or maybe i go pro and cherry pick 50 of my fights and win them all... that would mean i have an unbeaten record, so that means i can beat bruce as well, i like the logic u use its great...

Come back when you go pro and win fifty fights. To be honest if you did that, I would probably agree you could beat Bruce, even if you did beat mostly journeymen.

@lagoon_boy said:

Pass me some popcorn while I wait for their replies ;-)

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Bruce Lee would dominate Mayweather. People forget Bruce actually fought street fights in China before he moved to the States and that he created his own martial arts style.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By lady_liberty

@Nova`Prime`: So what? Lots of people have fought street fights, and anyone can make up a martial arts style. Neither of those things is anywhere near as strong as a 43-0 record as a professional boxer.

armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By armylife1124

Floyd does not even show up and blames Bruce for not taking a steroid test....