Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe

Pole shift closes main runway at Tampa airport 

Scientists say the magnetic north pole is moving toward Russia and the fallout has reached -- of all places -- Tampa International Airport. 

The airport has closed its primary runway until Jan. 13 to repaint the numeric designators at each end and change taxiway signage to account for the shift in location of the Earth's magnetic north pole. 

The closure of the west parallel runway will result in more activity on the east parallel runway and more noise for residential areas of South Tampa. 

The busiest runway will be re-designated 19R/1L on aviation charts. It's been 18R/36L, indicating its alignment along the 180-degree approach from the north and the 360-degree approach from the south. 

Later this month, the airport's east parallel runway and the seldom used east-west runway will be closed to change signage to their new designations. 

The Federal Aviation Administration required the runway designation change to account for what a National Geographic News report described as a gradual shift of the Earth's magnetic pole at nearly 40 miles a year toward Russia because of magnetic changes in the core of the planet.

Pole shift closes main runway at Tampa airport | HeraldTribune.com 

Scientist: South Florida Will Be Water by End of Century 

Harold Wanless, chairman of the University of Miami's Department of Geological Sciences, predicted a 1.5 foot rise in sea level in 50 years and a three- to five-foot increase by the end of the century.

"Three feet's going to get messy," he said. "Four feet becomes extremely difficult to live in South Florida and five feet probably impossible." 
   At two feet, South Florida would still be livable, Wanless said.

Three panels of experts spoke at a symposium held by the House Environmental Resources Council and three related committees.

Climate change will figure into comprehensive energy and environmental policy legislation the lawmakers will be considering during the 2008 legislative session, said Council Chairman Stan Mayfield, R-Vero Beach. 

Some legislators, though, questioned whether Florida could do much to reduce carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gasses, spewed mostly from power plants and vehicle exhausts, that contribute to global warming. That's because Florida emits only 1 percent of those gasses worldwide.

Scientist: South Florida Will Be Water by End of Century - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News - FOXNews.com

Interesting. I don't believe in "global warming."  Could Florida be gone by 2030?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By warlock360

" Scientist: South Florida Will Be Water by End of Century "

wat

biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By biggkeem89
@Cezar_TheScribe said:
" Pole shift closes main runway at Tampa airport 

Scientists say the magnetic north pole is moving toward Russia and the fallout has reached -- of all places -- Tampa International Airport. 

The airport has closed its primary runway until Jan. 13 to repaint the numeric designators at each end and change taxiway signage to account for the shift in location of the Earth's magnetic north pole. 

The closure of the west parallel runway will result in more activity on the east parallel runway and more noise for residential areas of South Tampa. 

The busiest runway will be re-designated 19R/1L on aviation charts. It's been 18R/36L, indicating its alignment along the 180-degree approach from the north and the 360-degree approach from the south. 

Later this month, the airport's east parallel runway and the seldom used east-west runway will be closed to change signage to their new designations. 

The Federal Aviation Administration required the runway designation change to account for what a National Geographic News report described as a gradual shift of the Earth's magnetic pole at nearly 40 miles a year toward Russia because of magnetic changes in the core of the planet.

Pole shift closes main runway at Tampa airport | HeraldTribune.com 

Scientist: South Florida Will Be Water by End of Century 

Harold Wanless, chairman of the University of Miami's Department of Geological Sciences, predicted a 1.5 foot rise in sea level in 50 years and a three- to five-foot increase by the end of the century.

"Three feet's going to get messy," he said. "Four feet becomes extremely difficult to live in South Florida and five feet probably impossible." 
   At two feet, South Florida would still be livable, Wanless said.

Three panels of experts spoke at a symposium held by the House Environmental Resources Council and three related committees.

Climate change will figure into comprehensive energy and environmental policy legislation the lawmakers will be considering during the 2008 legislative session, said Council Chairman Stan Mayfield, R-Vero Beach. 

Some legislators, though, questioned whether Florida could do much to reduce carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gasses, spewed mostly from power plants and vehicle exhausts, that contribute to global warming. That's because Florida emits only 1 percent of those gasses worldwide.

Scientist: South Florida Will Be Water by End of Century - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News - FOXNews.com   Interesting. I don't believe in "global warming."  Could Florida be gone by 2030? "
End of the century would be around 2099, not 2030. That would be decade, plus by 2099, Doom will be president
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
doesnt bother me... if I am still around in 2099 AD... I will be out of this horrible state known as Florida by then... :P
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

This is obviously an April Fools gag cause the polar shift doesn't work that way, its a gradual shift that we wouldn't even be able to tell was happening until it was well under way there would be no instantaneous effects

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
@joshmightbe said:
" This is obviously an April Fools gag cause the polar shift doesn't work that way, its a gradual shift that we wouldn't even be able to tell was happening until it was well under way there would be no instantaneous effects "
oh well... I still will be somewhere else by 2099 
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshmightbe
@King Saturn: I'll be 119 in 2099 so I'll most  likely be dead
Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
@joshmightbe said:
"This is obviously an April Fools gag cause the polar shift doesn't work that way, its a gradual shift that we wouldn't even be able to tell was happening until it was well under way there would be no instantaneous effects "

No. 

This is not a joke and you're wrong.
goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By goldenshot80
@joshmightbe said:
" This is obviously an April Fools gag cause the polar shift doesn't work that way, its a gradual shift that we wouldn't even be able to tell was happening until it was well under way there would be no instantaneous effects "
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By King_Saturn
@joshmightbe said:
" @King Saturn: I'll be 119 in 2099 so I'll most  likely be dead "
really ? you dont think they will have medicine and supplements by like 2050 that could easily prolong life a little longer... I would hope so... personally
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By joshmightbe
@Cezar_TheScribe: If the poles shifted that quickly  it wouldn't just cause airport trouble it would fling large chunks of the Earth would be hurled into space probably taking a lot of people with it
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By joshmightbe
@King Saturn: EH, I figure by 80 I'll have done everything I want to do in life so I dont need to live past that
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By King_Saturn
@joshmightbe said:
" @King Saturn: EH, I figure by 80 I'll have done everything I want to do in life so I dont need to live past that "
well alrighty then... 

I would hope I can live to 200 years old... and be having good sex well into my 180's... lol
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joshmightbe
@King Saturn: Its good to have goals
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers