First Sony, now Paramount?!

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Paramount just cancelled the screening of team America. Why are we letting a puny country like North Korea dictate what we watch here?

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Because they don't have a "pair" to amount to

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they don't have a "pair" to amount to

This nor do our supposed "leaders".

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

America needs to grow some balls. Imagine if Teddy Roosevelt was still in and this happened?

The USAF would be bombing North Korea within the afternoon.

And yea, supposedly, they have nukes. Then what about all the billions of dollars they spent on missile defense? Frikken use it.

Seriously, I'm Canadian, and it's starting to look like we have more balls then you yanks.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By buttersdaman000

Why were they screening Team America?

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189: My boy, Teddy Roosevelt would have handled it like a man...

BOXING MATCH THIS FRIDAY! TEDDY ROOSEVELT VS KIM JUN UN

WEIGHING IN AT 220 POUNDS, CURRENT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Am I the only one finding it funny that North Korea has their jimmies rustled about "The Interview" and yet they said nothing when "Team America" came out a decade ago?

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't agree with this notion that Sony is full of pu**ys because they didn't show the movie. You guys realize that it was the majority of theater chains that refused to play the movie first? Sony didn't exactly have a choice.

I don't have any idea why Paramount pulled Team America though. Did they not get permission to show the movie or are they a bunch of pu**ys.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Am I the only one finding it funny that North Korea has their jimmies rustled about "The Interview" and yet they said nothing when "Team America" came out a decade ago?

Exactly!

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

North Korea doesn't even hold a candle to international politics. The entire country is a buffer state which is technically dead if not for China maintaining it as a buffer.

Their nukes aren't even accurate enough to launch at Japan.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fallingcliffs

That's because 10 years ago when team america came out, SP got threats from Al-Qaida but nothing happened and we had a President with backbone. SP also mocks everyone, and aren't afraid to do so which is why I love those guys.

@rd189: You're right dude, that's what happens when the people vote for idiots with no backbone what so ever. I also find it extremely hilarious that mainstream hollywood goes on about peace and such when it comes to terrorists, but when it comes to one movie getting axed all of a sudden liberal hollywood rips Sony for "not having balls" I guess killing movies are more important than lives to some people?

ISIS kills Americans and others=nobody cares or we try to negotiate HA!

Sony caves to Kim's empty threats=We have no guts, we must stand up to terrorists or dictators!!

We should stand up to terrorists, dictators regardless of threats and not back down from anyone regardless of reason be it movie threats or decapitating our people.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's because 10 years ago when team america came out, SP got threats from Al-Qaida but nothing happened and we had a President with backbone. SP also mocks everyone, and aren't afraid to do so which is why I love those guys.

@rd189:

Sony caves to Kim's empty threats=We have no guts, we must stand up to terrorists or dictators!!

We should stand up to terrorists, dictators regardless of threats and not back down from anyone regardless of reason be it movie threats or decapitating our people.

Imo if USA had any real interest in "fixing" wrongs in the world they'd have invaded N.K nd kicked Kim-dynasty out instead of invading Iraq twice.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@sinikettu: Well 10 years ago Al Qaida was the bigger threat(for obvious reasons) not so much Korea, but we kept an eye on them. Now lol Korea has gone up in power and we're more or less caving to them with our current leadership, but not just them but ISIS, terrorits at G.Bay etc, etc. IMO it makes us look very weak. I know the iraq war had lots of debate but at least there's one less dictator to worry about, and one less terrorist leader that's how I see it.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sinikettu

@fallingcliffs said:

@sinikettu: Well 10 years ago Al Qaida was the bigger threat(for obvious reasons) not so much Korea, but we kept an eye on them. Now lol Korea has gone up in power and we're more or less caving to them with our current leadership, but not just them but ISIS, terrorits at G.Bay etc, etc. IMO it makes us look very weak. I know the iraq war had lots of debate but at least there's one less dictator to worry about, and one less terrorist leader that's how I see it.

Sure Saddam was a dictator and not exactly a nice guy but he actually kept Iraq in some kind of line and made sure all those religious whack-jobs like ISIS, Al-Qaida, Sunni Vs. Shia islam Vs Wahhabi islamists and what not would be firmly kept under the rock by his secret police, and he did believe in keeping care of his people as long as they didn't openly oppose him I.e the best educational and medical care etc. of the Middle East discounting Israel. His ousting destabilised the Middle East pretty severely though the chaos of Iraq would probably have happened anyway in a decade or so when he'd been too old to hold power (saddam was well over 70 already) like in the case of Gadaffi at Libya.

But none of this has nay real bearing to why sony or Paramount would stop showing team America and honestly I find it odd that N.K would even bother with something like cyberstrike to deter one film/show no matter how provocative it might have seemed to Kim-dynasty.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@sinikettu said:

@fallingcliffs said:

Sure Saddam was a dictator and not exactly a nice guy but he actually kept Iraq in some kind of line and made sure all those religious whack-jobs like ISIS, Al-Qaida, Sunni Vs. Shia islam Vs Wahhabi islamists and what not would be firmly kept under the rock by his secret police, and he did believe in keeping care of his people as long as they didn't openly oppose him I.e the best educational and medical care etc. of the Middle East discounting Israel. His ousting destabilised the Middle East pretty severely though the chaos of Iraq would probably have happened anyway in a decade or so when he'd been too old to hold power (saddam was well over 70 already) like in the case of Gadaffi at Libya.

But none of this has nay real bearing to why sony or Paramount would stop showing team America and honestly I find it odd that N.K would even bother with something like cyberstrike to deter one film/show no matter how provocative it might have seemed to Kim-dynasty.

That's a hellish line to live though, you know? I mean a lot of people were dancing in the streets and celebrating once Saddam was dead after years of tyranny, especially when they pulled down his statue. I'm sure some people "accepted" that way of life but let's be real here, that's no real way of life....to me it was submission, slavery and oppression. Which is never good whether you're Hitler, Saddam, Kim, Castro whoever...I mean getting killed or executed for speaking out against these guys is not a good thing. They had a more conqueror mentality, where as the terrorists ISIS, Taliban, Al-Qaida etc are just nutjobs who kill you for not agreeing, humiliate you, decapitate you and record it. Now they kill innocent children in schools and those who have different beliefs? I mean this is the kind of evil we have to eradicate, sadly guys like Obama aren't good for this. The second they heard him say "we must negotiate with these people" they saw weakness as oppose to some past presidents who say "we will hunt you down and protect our nation"

Regardless of how any of us feel politically which party etc, it's really irrelevant at this point because cases like this we've had presidents for both parties with guts and those without. The guy currently has none what so ever. I mean Bangazi was totally ignored by Obama, ISIS he made a lame speech and yet nothing is done about them, he cares nothing for the boarders, threats etc not to rant off here but point is the current leader of the country makes a difference. Bush wasn't perfect, but the guy had guts, Obama doesn't and our enemies know this.

You see how people would would react differently to those kinds of receptions/responces. You know?

But on the whole Middle East, sadly the other stuff with Israel and Pakistan I think will always be war that has been going on for hundreds of years now. I just remember when Team America came out, Bin Laden and Al-Quaida were threatening the South Park creators, I think they got threatened twice actually once for that and another for an episode mocking Bin Laden if memory serves me right.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sinikettu

@fallingcliffs: You see how people would would react differently to those kinds of receptions/responces. You know?

But on the whole Middle East, sadly the other stuff with Israel and Pakistan I think will always be war that has been going on for hundreds of years now. I just remember when Team America came out, Bin Laden and Al-Quaida were threatening the South Park creators, I think they got threatened twice actually once for that and another for an episode mocking Bin Laden if memory serves me right.

Honestly... Middle East was and is powder keg and has always been. The only times it has ever been stable were probably during the Ottoman reign and the Islamic caliphate before the Mongol's sacked Baghdad and destroyed the caliphate.

There will always be that one whacko who goes total ape over nothing, if they don't claim a religion then they claim politics and if they don't claim those its about money or fame... Trust there will always be that one nut job trying to suck the fun out of everything.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Damn, NK getting dem jimmies rustled.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs: You see how people would would react differently to those kinds of receptions/responces. You know?

Honestly... Middle East was and is powder keg and has always been. The only times it has ever been stable were probably during the Ottoman reign and the Islamic caliphate before the Mongol's sacked Baghdad and destroyed the caliphate.

There will always be that one whacko who goes total ape over nothing, if they don't claim a religion then they claim politics and if they don't claim those its about money or fame... Trust there will always be that one nut job trying to suck the fun out of everything.

Yeah true lol been forever since it seems there was peace in that part of the world. Yeah, I mean look at the school killings or even every day murders, they're so many just so damn random and senseless. It really does make me wonder about humanity sometimes, but then I see the good we're capable of as well and that helps me not totally lose faith in the human race.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

What the hell..

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Someone needs to message Matt Stone and Trey Parker and get them working on Team America 2

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I found what Paramount did to be a bit silly. There was no need to pull away permission from cinemas willing to show Team America.

Talking about this with a few friends (Americans), I suggested Sony release the film to networks and have it shown for free, or maybe Pay-Per-View. It would be the proper f_ck you to the hackers and to North Korea (if they truly are the ones behind this).

I think the message this sends to other hackers who want to perform terrorist acts via media is important enough to at least have something done in response. As it is, the real losers are the public.