Edited 1 year, 5 days ago

Poll: Firefly or Cowboy Bebop? (28 votes)

Firefly 46%
Cowboy Bebop 54%

Which one do you prefer, eh? Both are similar shows with a big fanbase. Of course this is all opinion.

#1 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17451 posts) - - Show Bio

Cowboy Bebop is one of the greatest pieces of entertainment in history IMO, including TV and Movies. I don't care if you don't like anime, you should watch it. It's that good.

Firefly is good, but not great, imo.

#2 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4248 posts) - - Show Bio

I generally don't care for Anime but Cowboy Bebop was very good.

I tried Firefly, but I just couldn't get into it.

#3 Edited by Deadite (23955 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't vote, given I haven't watched Cowboy Bebop. Since so many people had recommended it, I probably can't escape watching it at some point. It's difficult for me to take up on new things recently. Great, now I sound like I'm ancient ):

It's easy for me to take up on new things/new releases if I stumbled on it myself. I imagine if someone plant it in front of me like I'm a big baby it would probably do the trick and make me be more motivated :D

#4 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18046 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

I can't vote, given I haven't watched Cowboy Bebop. Since so many people had recommended it, I probably can't escape watching it at some point. It's difficult for me to take up on new things recently. Great, now I sound like I'm ancient ):

It's easy for me to take up on new things/new releases if I stumbled on it myself. I imagine if someone plant it in front of me like I'm a big baby it would probably do the trick and make me be more motivated :D

Yeah, I have to personally be interested in something for me to actually go and watch it,it has to appeal to me. I think I may well have to give Game of Thrones a try now.

#5 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched Firefly movie and it was alright.

But Cowboy Bebop was something special, never seen something so stylish pulled off so well.
Need to rewatch it some day.

#6 Posted by WillPayton (9445 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched Firefly movie and it was alright.

But Cowboy Bebop was something special, never seen something so stylish pulled off so well.

Need to rewatch it some day.

Did you watch the Firefly TV series? If not, why watch the movie before the series???

#7 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: Because it was on TV.
I plan on watching the series at some point as well.

#8 Posted by WillPayton (9445 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton:

Because it was on TV.

I plan on watching the series at some point as well.

You cant fully appreciate a series if you watch it out of order.

#9 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11040 posts) - - Show Bio

While I think Bebop is a tad bit ''overrated'' I still enjoyed it to pieces and I vote for it, firefly was legit but not better then Bebop IMO.

#11 Posted by PastePotPete (412 posts) - - Show Bio

both are overrated very hard to make a interesting animation with just guns unless there are vampires/ demons involved

#12 Posted by WillPayton (9445 posts) - - Show Bio

both are overrated very hard to make a interesting animation with just guns unless there are vampires/ demons involved

What???

#13 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1410 posts) - - Show Bio

Bebop is on Omnipitent god levels of greatness.

#14 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5873 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Firefly since the characters were more memorable to me.

#15 Posted by Deadite (23955 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

Yeah, I have to personally be interested in something for me to actually go and watch it,it has to appeal to me. I think I may well have to give Game of Thrones a try now.

If I hadn't picked up watching Game of Thrones, I would be in the same situation you're in right now with Game of Thrones. It can get irritating seeing people around you being excited about something, tossing around quotes and names and it feels like you're missing out.

What I really want though is to start reading its novels and catch up to where the stories is at on TV.

#16 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8852 posts) - - Show Bio

Cowboy Bebop blows firefly out of the water.

#17 Posted by superstay (9803 posts) - - Show Bio

ds.sb

#18 Posted by WillPayton (9445 posts) - - Show Bio

Cowboy Bebop is good, but I have to go with Firefly because at the end of the day I cared more about the characters in Firefly and felt more emotion with that show.

#19 Posted by jwalser3 (5006 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are great, but Bebop has more episodes I think.

#20 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18046 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@deadite said:

If I hadn't picked up watching Game of Thrones, I would be in the same situation you're in right now with Game of Thrones. It can get irritating seeing people around you being excited about something, tossing around quotes and names and it feels like you're missing out.

What I really want though is to start reading its novels and catch up to where the stories is at on TV.

I see. I know for me its not that I so much feel left out, its just I saw an add for it on TV, and I was just struck with how interesting it looked to me then also seeing @dragonborn_ct mention it has also tipped my interest.

#21 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

"Very similar" aka "Firefly is a blatant rip off"

Firefly is still awesome though.

It's just not Cowboy Bebop.

#22 Edited by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

Firefly of course. Characters were more interesting, humor was superior, story was good, interesting team dynamics etc :)

#23 Edited by Deadite (23955 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

@deadite said:

I see. I know for me its not that I so much feel left out, its just I saw an add for it on TV, and I was just struck with how interesting it looked to me then also seeing @dragonborn_ct mention it has also tipped my interest.

I hope you haven't been exposed to too many spoilers. This particular franchise has tons of secrets that people can ruined it for you if they really want to be mean.

Dragonborn did mentioned some stuff, visually, that I really want to see in the novels. Some of those things were brought by as myth/legends on the show. The show is incredible.

Be prepare for a lot of nudity, although it's not why the show is so great :D

#24 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18046 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

@deadite said:

@deadite said:

I hope you haven't been exposed to too many spoilers. This particular franchise has tons of secrets that people can ruined it for you if they really want to be mean.

Dragonborn did mentioned some stuff that I really want to see in the novel, visually. Some of those things were brought by as myth/legends on the show. The show is incredible.

I haven't been exposed to too much, really only one big spoiler that happened recently.

It does look really good.

Ha ha okay :)

#25 Edited by Deadite (23955 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

@deadite said:

@deadite said:

Dragonborn did mentioned some stuff that I really want to see in the novel, visually. Some of those things were brought by as myth/legends on the show. The show is incredible.

I haven't been exposed to too much, really only one big spoiler that happened recently.

It probably is a really big spoiler if it's the most, most recent one. If you were exposed to that one...I don't know..maybe you're more resistant than I am when it comes to spoilers.

Someone spoiled The Walking Dead's season 3 finale detail for me, and he's on Comic Vine ): Since then, I forgot his name but I NEVER RECOVERED.

O_O

#26 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18046 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

@deadite said:

@deadite said:

@deadite said:

It probably is a really big spoiler if it's the most, most recent one. If you were exposed to that one...I don't know..maybe you're more resistant than I am when it comes to spoilers.

Someone spoiled The Walking Dead's season 3 finale detail for me, and he's on Comic Vine ): Since then, I forgot his name but I NEVER RECOVERED.

O_O

I see. I mean for me I do like to keep it spoiler free, but if I happen to see a spoiler, someone talking about, I just try to blank it and move on, if its something I might be interested in and finding out about whilst watching or reading it is all part of the experience. I don't really go and make a big deal about it. Since I think in alot of instances when people make a big deal about it I think its silly. If someone makes a thread, or a review of something new, and it has spoilers, I think it is fair to warn people that it has spoilers. But when its a few years old and people have had plenty of time to see it or read it and you have someone complaining about spoilers, that just irritates me. And I actually think I might have informed the readers on my Texas Chainsaw Massacre review about spoilers, and that film is older than me and likely a fair number of people who might have read it. Ha go figure.

That was a tangent...

Lol. Did I spoil it for you?.....

#27 Edited by Deadite (23955 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

@deadite said:

@deadite said:

@deadite said:

O_O

I see. I mean for me I do like to keep it spoiler free, but if I happen to see a spoiler, someone talking about, I just try to blank it and move on, if its something I might be interested in and finding out about whilst watching or reading it is all part of the experience. I don't really go and make a big deal about it. Since I think in alot of instances when people make a big deal about it I think its silly. If someone makes a thread, or a review of something new, and it has spoilers, I think it is fair to warn people that it has spoilers. But when its a few years old and people have had plenty of time to see it or read it and you have someone complaining about spoilers, that just irritates me. And I actually think I might have informed the readers on my Texas Chainsaw Massacre review about spoilers, and that film is older than me and likely a fair number of people who might have read it. Ha go figure.

That was a tangent...

Lol. Did I spoil it for you?.....

Spoiled me for the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre? No, I already watched it a year ago, remember? It was when we first began to discuss Horror.

I watched The Hills Have Eyes recently, it's...now I'm more interested in the new Chucky movie that's coming out.

#28 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18046 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite: No I meant about The Walking Dead :)

Original or remake for The Hills Have Eyes? Not really sure what to make of the new Chucky movie. Have you seen the trailers for it?

#29 Edited by Deadite (23955 posts) - - Show Bio

Original or remake for The Hills Have Eyes? Not really sure what to make of the new Chucky movie. Have you seen the trailers for it?

I saw the trailer right before my internet crisis. I might have to rewatch it again. I remember it being at least decent though. It's somehow different, I don't remember the new Chucky was swearing as much as he did in the old one. The scare was different too.

The original Hills Have Eyes. It really tired me out, kind of the same problem I have with Breaking Bad.

No, I'm pretty sure it wasn't you who spoiled it. I hope it wasn't you!! LOL, omg,..if there ever would be some kind of Matrix-Simulation gaming opportunity, The Walking Dead world is probably in my top choices.

The kind of shooting/gun related techniques is more Horror based, it's better than modern warfare gaming in my opinion.

#30 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18046 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

I saw the trailer right before my internet crisis. I might have to rewatch it again. I remember it being at least decent though. It's somehow different, I don't remember the new Chucky was swearing as much as he did in the old one. The scare was different too.

The original Hills Have Eyes. It really tired me out, kind of the same problem I have with Breaking Bad.

No, I'm pretty sure it wasn't you who spoiled it. I hope it wasn't you!! LOL, omg,..if there ever would be some kind of Matrix-Simulation gaming opportunity, The Walking Dead world is probably in my top choices.

The kind of shooting/gun related techniques is more Horror based, it's better than modern warfare gaming in my opinion.

I see. Yeah it seems less comedic than the later ones. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but they never really took it that seriously in the first place, since if they did it would have just felt obscured. He is a talking toy after all. :) So I kinda hope it won't take its self too seriously. I don't have high hopes for it anyway but if they kept tongue in cheek it could help.

I did start watching it a while ago but didn't feel like getting through it either.

Okay. I don't think it was me. I know we were talking about it in a PM and I mentioned it.

I think a zombie apocalypse would be a fun simulation. Emphasis on simulation there :)

#31 Posted by Deadite (23955 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

I see. Yeah it seems less comedic than the later ones. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but they never really took it that seriously in the first place, since if they did it would have just felt obscured. He is a talking toy after all. :) So I kinda hope it won't take its self too seriously. I don't have high hopes for it anyway but if they kept tongue in cheek it could help.

I did start watching it a while ago but didn't feel like getting through it either.

Okay. I don't think it was me. I know we were talking about it in a PM and I mentioned it.

I think a zombie apocalypse would be a fun simulation. Emphasis on simulation there :)

I really want it to be good. I think we past a year-mark and began to make artistic stuff look promising again. Before that, it was people like Stephen King just carrying it all on his back. I would be pretty devastated if Stephen King decide not to froze himself before he died and wait to be turned into a robot. Just saying. At least download his thought-process/consciousness into a super device or something.

Yes! I had the same problem. There're multiple instances in that film just makes me want to quit watching it. To see someone that should have all the strategic advantage gets take apart piece by piece in a movie that's almost two hours long...it's a little bit like torture.

I know it wasn't you, don't worry. I vaguely remember the guy's avatar.

Definitely simulation. To take it all in, in a real situation would be a nightmare. Diarrhea would be a part of life, without toilet paper.

#32 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18046 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

@deadite said:

I really want it to be good. I think we past a year-mark and began to make artistic stuff look promising again. Before that, it was people like Stephen King just carrying it all on his back. I would be pretty devastated if Stephen King decide not to froze himself before he died and wait to be turned into a robot. Just saying. At least download his thought-process/consciousness into a super device or something.

Yes! I had the same problem. There're multiple instances in that film just makes me want to quit watching it. To see someone that should have all the strategic advantage gets take apart piece by piece in a movie that's almost two hours long...it's a little bit like torture.

Definitely simulation. To take it all in, in a real situation would be a nightmare. Diarrhea would be a part of life, without toilet paper.

Ha ha. That needs to happen :)

Ha, it just seemed to drag on a bit.

Ah okay. Good. I thought I might have spoiled it by accident for some reason...

It would. Ha ha ha ha! That is a good analogy that.

#33 Edited by Deadite (23955 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

@deadite said:

Ha ha. That needs to happen :)

Ha, it just seemed to drag on a bit.

Ah okay. Good. I thought I might have spoiled it by accident for some reason...

It would. Ha ha ha ha! That is a good analogy that.

I believe there'll probably be people that want the whole experience in their simulation though. Those would be called 'Purist' or a 'hardcore gamer' (sounds porny, doesn't it?), who would want all the detail they could have in that apocalyptic world. Toilet paper being trade as luxury item and other crazy stuff. It is crazy but I might go for it, as long as they don't restrict the Unplug option. I don't want to be captured by some psycho gamer and get tortured for 14 hours in the game world, and the Unplug option is denied.

#34 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (22234 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite, @mrdecepticonleader: Sprry gus, I was so invested emotionally in the character in question that I just spoiled his fate here many, many time :(

I do hope you check the series out though.

#35 Posted by Deadite (23955 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite, @mrdecepticonleader: Sprry gus, I was so invested emotionally in the character in question that I just spoiled his fate here many, many time :(

Jesus...don't say anything, I haven't read any spoiler from you yet, regarding Game of Thrones. xD

Don't worry, you haven't ruined anything for me yet. I was inspired to read the books partly because of the art work you posted, that's all.

#36 Edited by Deadite (23955 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct said:

Sorry, I was overly enthusiastic with my response. I love this topic ;D

#37 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18046 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite: True. An unplug option would be really important.

#38 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (22234 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite: Don't go to the Game of Thrones thread then. I have bitched a lot in there due to the event in question xD

I have tried reading the books once, but once I saw how huge they are I just said "Fack this, I am just watching the series". I do this so I don't have to compare the books and the TV constantly, and to enjoy the show in its own merits. I do however, look in the internet, details from the book that are different and deviate considerably.

#39 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18046 posts) - - Show Bio

No that is fine. You have nothing to apologize for.

I may not have wanted to give it a chance if it weren't for you :)

#40 Edited by Deadite (23955 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct said:

@deadite: Don't go to the Game of Thrones thread then. I have bitched a lot in there due to the event in question xD

I have tried reading the books once, but once I saw how huge they are I just said "Fack this, I am just watching the series". I do this so I don't have to compare the books and the TV constantly, and to enjoy the show in its own merits. I do however, look in the internet, details from the book that are different and deviate considerably.

I think people who doesn't want spoilers yet goes to Game of Thrones thread kinda had it coming. But if they don't mind spoilers then there's nothing wrong with going to official threads like those.

You kinda had to expect that there's going to be people who had read what happened in the story, in the thread.

@deadite: True. An unplug option would be really important.

Check the box on the MatrixXbox, guys! If there's no unplug in its description it means you're screwed, you bought the Always Online version, which is Corporation's method for anti-piracy. (kinda what's happening with recent video game publishing)

#41 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct said:

Are you talking about the second last ep of Season 3? I'm considering not watching any more, I am so p*ssed off with what happened.

#42 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (22234 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: You are welcome, bro :) If you love fantasy movies or tv shows, this is one you had to check out. At least the first three seasons so far are just as good as people say.

#43 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (22234 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: I wouldn't exactly blame you if you did that, cause I was just as pissed as you were. I did want to stop watching, but after I read what happen later in A Storm of Swords, I decided to stick at least the first part of the next season. I do consider dropping as soon as we reach the parts based on A Feast of Crows however...

#44 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18046 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: You are welcome, bro :) If you love fantasy movies or tv shows, this is one you had to check out. At least the first three seasons so far are just as good as people say.

Cool. I will give it a go.

#45 Edited by PastePotPete (412 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:

@pastepotpete said:

What???

i hope ur right ill give it a shot but" i hope ur right " i watched trigun and kept waiting and waiting for it to get better then i had to stop once i watched the episode 13 -14 with the overweight women w/ PMS that was 100 ft tall, that did it for me.. my favorite animes are fate and zero claymore beserk ..black lagoon , which is more up cowboy behop's ally ( im guessing) was entertaining but more disturbing then entertaining .. it had a lot of sadistic shit in it and all the marvel japense anime were awesome