• 43 results
#1 Edited by Pfcoolio14 (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

Anywho my theory can go multiple ways depending on how you view it so bear with me.

We all know that the majority of humans were destroyed during the mushroom wars and the remaining portion were left as goo monsters in a type of apocalyptic world. The radiation that was left mutated candy and gave it living properties that resulted in people like princess bubblegum or the candy people she created. If you're familiar with Adventure time you'll know this, if not search it up. Now my theory regards an episode where Finn went into one of his past lives and ended up as Shoko during the beginning of the construction of the Candy Kingdom. This construction of the candy kingdom occured nearly 400 years ago as it was already revealed that princess bubblegum is actually 827 years old. The construction of the Candy Kingdom occurred long after humans had gone extinct. Nearly 400 years later. So Finn was reborn later on from Shoko but we know that during Shoko's time there were no humans even though she was humanoid.

The only humans that we do know are Ice King and Finn. Ice King is undebatable because we saw flashbacks of his past life as Simon the archaeologist and protecting Marceline after the Mushroom war. We even saw his transformation into the Ice King. However as I said this happened nearly 1000 years ago.

Finn however is a bit more debatable. Because how is it that a supposed human exists even though humans went extinct nearly 1000 years ago. Now here are the possibilities. It's that Finn isn't actually the only human and he had a mother and father and some group of humans still survived even after the mushroom wars and the rise of the LICH King for 1000 years and extended that lineage into now(which I find highly unlikely) or something else I had in mind. We all know that Princess bubblegum has alot of secrets. Her experiments, her age etc. So what if it's possible that Finn is one of her experiments?

Thoughts

Edit:

My end conclusion is a suggestion. You could tell where you think Finn might have come from.

#2 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm, I'm listening.

#4 Posted by Squares (7502 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I watch adventure time. Explain, please.

#5 Posted by Pfcoolio14 (1138 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

Are clones human? Because even if your theory is right, Finn could be a cloned Human via Bubblegum.

#7 Posted by Pfcoolio14 (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo:

Well I was gonna include the whole thing about noses. Ice King has a nose and Finn doesn't. But I'm not sure about that part. And either way, he doesn't necessarily have to be n experiment of princess bubblegum, that was just a suggestion. You could bring up your own suggestions on where you think he came from. I just don't think that she would hold a piece of human DNA for 800 years and decide to clone it. Even then, he still migh be an experiment. What do you think?

#8 Edited by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Finn isn't human?! Has the world gone mad?!

#9 Posted by frozenedge (1294 posts) - - Show Bio

I just always assumed that some humans survived the war. Looking at the tribe Susan Strong is part of, I'm guessing they were some newborn humans that were mutated somehow. Finn also might not be the last human if Susan turns out to actually be human herself

#10 Posted by Pfcoolio14 (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenedge:

I doubt it. Fish gills as opposed to goo zombies is a big difference. I think they were probably already like that. Having mermaids and the like in their world, it's highly likely. I also think that some humans might have survived the war, but the Lich King finished them off. And 1000 years is a long time.

#11 Posted by Squares (7502 posts) - - Show Bio

So Finn was reborn later on from Shoko but we know that during Shoko's time there were no humans even though she was humanoid.

No, we do not know that there were no humans at that time. We have no solid proof of this fact, ergo we cannot accept it to be true.

#12 Edited by Pfcoolio14 (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares:

So what do you think happened to what might have been the remaining few after that 1000 years? Do you think they might still be surviving and where do you think they are? I already mentioned that possibility in my post above. I just said it's highly unlikely

#13 Posted by comedy_brosUSA (778 posts) - - Show Bio

Finn's a human. that's it. plain and simple.

#14 Posted by frozenedge (1294 posts) - - Show Bio

@pfcoolio14: They could've been mutated by something else in the world. We just don't know. Could've been the Lich King's magic that still remained in the world that did it. We just don't know

#15 Edited by Squares (7502 posts) - - Show Bio

@pfcoolio14 said:

@squares:

So what do you think happened to what might have been the remaining few after that 1000 years? Do you think they might still be surviving and where do you think they are? I already mentioned that possibility in my post above. I just said it's highly unlikely

No, what you said was this:

@pfcoolio14 said:

So Finn was reborn later on from Shoko but we know that during Shoko's time there were no humans even though she was humanoid.

"There were no", which is an absolute. That means you were saying that there were absolutely no humans at that time, which is unverifiable.

#16 Posted by Pfcoolio14 (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares:

I also said:

Now here are the possibilities. It's that Finn isn't actually the only human and he had a mother and father and some group of humans still survived even after the mushroom wars and the rise of the LICH King for 1000 years and extended that lineage into now(which I find highly unlikely) or something else I had in mind. We all know that Princess bubblegum has alot of secrets. Her experiments, her age etc. So what if it's possible that Finn is one of her experiments?

#17 Edited by Pfcoolio14 (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenedge:

Well, even then that eliminates the possibility of them being related to Finn and they technically aren't HUMANS any more. So that still leaves up where you think Finn might have come from?

#18 Posted by Squares (7502 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares:

I also said:

@pfcoolio14 said:
Now here are the possibilities. It's that Finn isn't actually the only human and he had a mother and father and some group of humans still survived even after the mushroom wars and the rise of the LICH King for 1000 years and extended that lineage into now(which I find highly unlikely) or something else I had in mind. We all know that Princess bubblegum has alot of secrets. Her experiments, her age etc. So what if it's possible that Finn is one of her experiments?

Your point?

#19 Posted by Pfcoolio14 (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares:

I wasn't eliminating it as a possibility. I even said at the end of my post that my end conclusion was just a suggestion.

My point is that I considered both if humans survived the war and if they didn't. I just found one of the two more likely.

#20 Posted by Squares (7502 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares:

I wasn't eliminating it as a possibility. I even said at the end of my post that my end conclusion was just a suggestion.

My point is that I considered both if humans survived the war and if they didn't. I just found one of the two more likely.

Then you reeeeally need to work on your phrasing.

#21 Posted by Pfcoolio14 (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares:

Or you should probably read more

#22 Edited by Squares (7502 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares:

Or you should probably read more

No, you definitely need to work on your phrasing. Like I said, you used an absolute- that leaves no room for speculation in a statement.

#23 Posted by Pfcoolio14 (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares:

And I fixed that up in the last paragraph. Everyone else that read had no problem realizing that. I didn't outright just make the claim and finish it. You either read a bit and didn't finish before coming to a conclusion, don't realize this is a theory, or as I said before, need to work on your reading skills.

#24 Edited by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting.

But I'm pretty sure that some humans still survived after the Mushroom war. Finn is a human and his parents were too. They probably just died when he was young, when Jake's parents found him.

Also, I think that the land of Ooo isn't the only place on the world. I think it's only one continent and there could be other humans on other places of Earth

#25 Posted by Pfcoolio14 (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash:

So what do you think happened to the rest? Finn's parents and others that might have survived.

#26 Edited by Pfcoolio14 (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash:

There that's when all the speculation begins. Places past Ooo. You're probably right on that part.

#27 Edited by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

Temporal displacement and a possible paradox where he is responsible for his own existence (Related to the Episodes: Jake the Dog and Fin the Human) ?

#28 Edited by Pfcoolio14 (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo:

Hm? I think I remember that episode a little.

Can you explain what you mean? I think you're on to something.

#29 Edited by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash:

So what do you think happened to the rest? Finn's parents and others that might have survived.

hmmm they probably just continued to try to rebuild their civilization. But there are many options to what happened:

They passed radiation poisoning of the bomb to future generations and so humans slowly died down

Radiation poisoning could of triggered minor mutations in the people and they passed it down, causing their offspring to slowly become less human (think: evolution)

They moved out of Ooo

Any one of these could of happened to Finn's parents.

Btw, there's an Adventure Time discussion thread that I started a while ago. So maybe bring your discussion to here

http://www.comicvine.com/adventure-time/4050-45728/forums/adventure-time-discussion-thread-1483521/?messageId=10111169&page=1

#30 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@pfcoolio14: Well, by removing the Lich, his family just exists like normal right? So there is a universe where he, and humans exist. Well, while changing the entire universe, both times, either he or Jake were in the wish granting room, and therefore immune to any changes made by someone else's wish.

Basically, maybe he existed in one universe, but that universe was erased one way or another, but because of his time jumping, some paradox allowed him to continue existing in the freshly changed universe.

Thats all just me making connections where there isnt necessarily any, but yeah, being displaced in the timestream or existing via a paradox is possible in the Adventure Time Universe.

#31 Posted by frozenedge (1294 posts) - - Show Bio

@pfcoolio14: they still would've been humans to begin with. And like I said Finn was just born from two humans who weren't extinct like everyone thought they were

#32 Posted by Rouflex (19245 posts) - - Show Bio

@pfcoolio14 said:

@batmannflash:

hmmm they probably just continued to try to rebuild their civilization. But there are many options to what happened:

They passed radiation poisoning of the bomb to future generations and so humans slowly died down

Radiation poisoning could of triggered minor mutations in the people and they passed it down, causing their offspring to slowly become less human (think: evolution)

They moved out of Ooo

Any one of these could of happened to Finn's parents.

Btw, there's an Adventure Time discussion thread that I started a while ago. So maybe bring your discussion to here

http://www.comicvine.com/adventure-time/4050-45728/forums/adventure-time-discussion-thread-1483521/?messageId=10111169&page=1

Self publicity?

*High Five*

-Boredom

#33 Posted by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

Now to kick off my post I just want to mention that in one of the episodes with Susan, she puts Finn's hand under her hat and she has no gills, so don't know what's happening there.

But one major point is the episode about "Boom-Boom" and Finn tells the tragic story about people kept passing baby Finn in the forest becaus the Boom-Boomed. But what I see here is that he was ABANDONED in the woods, so could this mean that Finn's human parents left him? And while we are talking about parents I want to bring up a radical idea so if it makes 0 sense I don't blame you.

What if by a chance Ice King is Finn's papa? Now before I get mugged here I just wanna say there is a reason for this guess. In the second Flame Princess episode she says Finn is a water elemental, while Ice King could be called an Ice Elemental? This also reverts to the irony of Finn's fear of water which in a way could compliment this theory of Finn. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that ice is frozen water and water is melted ice, this could possibly mean that if Finn is Ice King's son the crown could have given him a premature water power? As we see in comics mutants aren't born with their powers unlocked right away so maybe he will gain them later in life. At last is my final argument on this and this is hair growth. When the episode of the Nice King came, Ice king shaved his bears but it grew back in only a day; this supports the premature effect while we can see how long Finn's hair was and how fast it grows back in a couple of episodes.

#34 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been confirmed by Penn Ward that Finn is a mutant/human.

#35 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11440 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this was comfirmed months ago.

#36 Edited by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

After google searching "Finn the Human",I've come to realize,you're all 12 .

#37 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

such comedy wow

#38 Posted by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanralphio said:

such comedy wow

Not comedy. There is no humanly way anyone over the age of 12 can watch that garbage,seriously.

#39 Posted by Ms_Majestic (29 posts) - - Show Bio

You know I never even thought about this.

#40 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

@jeanralphio said:

such comedy wow

Not comedy. There is no humanly way anyone over the age of 12 can watch that garbage,seriously.

Much opinion so wow

#41 Edited by russellmania77 (15672 posts) - - Show Bio

Oo is in Russia cuz clearly the part of earth is still there n princess bubble gum has spoken in a German/Russian accent a few times

#42 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

Finn could just be one of the last few humans. They never said specifically when the last humans were gone for sure, and the only thing we can say for sure that there aren't many humans and could be an extremely endangered species. There have been plenty of instances in the real world of creatures thought to be extinct being discovered alive, so if its possible here then it should be more likely in a world where magic exists.

#43 Edited by XLR87T3 (2885 posts) - - Show Bio

Are clones human? Because even if your theory is right, Finn could be a cloned Human via Bubblegum.

Like in that movie Oblivion?

#44 Posted by trebean (685 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

@jeanralphio said:

such comedy wow

............................. LEAVE, AND NEVER COME BACK!! jk

It's actually a good show if you give it a chance.

#45 Posted by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

@trebean: It's just way too nonsensical for a guy my age

#46 Posted by Vitalius (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

This is adventure time, so anything can be changed.

#47 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanralphio: thats an opinion. My dad who is a Grandfather of 7 kids loves Spongebob and thats way more dumb. He's not immature by a long shot. My point is just because you dont like it doesnt mean you speak for your entire age group

#48 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@laughingstock:

You have interesting ideas, it's possible. Finn isn't so much afraid as water as he is afraid of the ocean. With Susan supposedly without fins (I think she doesn't have them like you mentioned, but it's not been confirmed) it is possible that maybe what has been a mutated form of humanity with gills is now being evolved into mostly human, like Finn.

Gills, ocean, Susan and Finn all have a connection. Ice King being in some way related to Finn would be mind-blowing.

#49 Posted by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanralphio: thats an opinion. My dad who is a Grandfather of 7 kids loves Spongebob and thats way more dumb. He's not immature by a long shot. My point is just because you dont like it doesnt mean you speak for your entire age group

Of course. I know that's opinionated and I can't possibly speak for all 20 years olds,just the majority,I hope.

#50 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanralphio: I remember 20 everything had to be so serious but just liking silly stuff doesn't mean they're immature or dumb. Sometimes you just want to laugh at silly crap that doesn't remind them of their s**tty day.