Fingers crossed for new Spider-man movie!

SpideySense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By SpideySense
No Caption Provided

The Amazing Spider-man movie has been the buzz lately. Posters hang around, IMDB ranked it at 87 (I know, I just checked), and that's going to climb higher on the next three months, until its opening comes. It tells the "untold story" of Peter Parker, I guess, to the mainstream non-comic readers, anyway. A lot of my friends who are part of that general public (non-comic readers) were actually wondering why Mary Jane Watson is not included in the movie. "Who is Gwen Stacy?" "Who is who?" "Why is Mary Jane not present?" and question marks and more questions marks. Now, I'm not going to elaborate more than that Gwen Stacy is Peter's "true" first love. Mostly though, they are also wondering how this Spider-man will be different from the past Spider-man movies.

Personally, I think that Spider-man is more about Peter Parker himself than his alter-ego. It is his struggles as human with weaknesses that draws me to him. He's not like other superheroes who are all high and mighty, yes they also have their vulnerabilities, but I guess Peter's are just explored more and it endears him to the readers. This movie is just the right fit as long as they do my favorite hero some justice (fingers crossed). Well, I guess I'll be having my fingers crossed until the movie comes out. Some people are already calling it a flop, but hey, Spidey's my favorite, so I guess I'll just wait for the movie to come out, fingers crossed and all that shizzle.

Spidey out. :)

Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the movie will be great and am stoked! Can't wait to see it. :)

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ChrisAngel

Im not liking the blinky webshooters, but tthe movie looks good besides that.....

Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ChrisAngel: Do not make me start bashing on Star Trek. xP

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ChrisAngel

Im not complaining! But I can be picky about Spider-man because Spidey is my ALL TIME favorite superhero, so Im nitpicky!

Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ChrisAngel: If we're gonna nitpick it should be about how horrible of a Peter Tobey was. xP

Thankfully that is over!

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ChrisAngel

I didnt MIND Tobey in the role... therer WERE inaccurracies in the thre flicks, for sure... nbut in a sense they DID stick to comic canon... it just really depended on what part of the canon you were looking at. Im waiting for the movie just so I can decide whether or not I will like or hate Andrew Garfield.

Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ChrisAngel: In my eyes Tobey was a worse Peter than Kirsten was MJ. MJ at least was due to the horrible script/take on her character.

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ChrisAngel

And to be honest about everything, It's Kirsten Dunst that drove me more nuts than Tobey did.

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ChrisAngel

Andy, Andy, Andy...*sighs* Scripts being what they are, you of all people got to admit that a script can be pure gold, but if you dont have the person playing the part... everything goes to hell in a handbasket

Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ChrisAngel said:

It's Kirsten Dunst that drove me more nuts than Tobey did.

Spider-man 3 emo dancing. Worse yet, Peter striking MJ.

SpideySense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SpideySense

@ChrisAngel said:

Im not complaining! But I can be picky about Spider-man because Spidey is my ALL TIME favorite superhero, so Im nitpicky!

AMEN to that. Why can't we have virtual high fives? I'll high five everyone of you!

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ChrisAngel

Counters: Kirsten being over-emo in almost every scene she's in through the entire trilogy.

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ChrisAngel

@SpideySense:

hat can I say? I loves me some Spidey! And while I realized that the trilogy was by no means perfect, I long a go realized that you wont get perfect, because you've got some many interpretations on the legend, so many years of rewrites and twaeks that youve literally got so much to work withm and people are reaching. I give the producers and directors and actors credit for TRYING, even if they didnt nail it completely.

Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ChrisAngel: Peter striking MJ is far worse.

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ChrisAngel

@Andy Steven Summers:

I can excuse that in a sense though....because it's uncharacteristic of Peter, but completely apropos for his being unbalanced from the influence of the Venom symbiote. Not really an 'excuse' but plausible still!

SpideySense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SpideySense

@ChrisAngel: And tried they did. Personally, I think the past Spider-man movies were sort of 'meh, okay, just fine.' Not really horrible or anything, but not really good either. It may have had something to do with me not seeing Tobey fit for Peter. I also really tried, I had high hopes for the trilogy. But man, I found myself thinking that it was just getting dragged, and I was just anticipating because, hey, it's Spidey!

@Andy Steven Summers: LOL at that one. I have to agree with you, Andy!

Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma Stone as Gwen Stacey > entire other trilogy. xP

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ChrisAngel

@SpideySense: I can agree with that. As I said, the movies were by no stretch of the imagination perfect, had their hit and miss moments, and werent what you'd imagine to do the ol' webhead justice by a longshot, but they had thier good moments too. They're enough for me to keep on my shelf, but Im still waiting for the end all be all of Spidey movies. Right now, the only Marvel char I can say they've gotten spot-on to any reasonable degree is (sorry, Andy) Iron Man. THough Cap comes a very close second.

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

Those teeth... they were so small.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By InnerVenom123

This movie looks like it's gonna be awesome.

SpideySense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SpideySense

@Andy Steven Summers: I think Emma Stone is a decent enough actress. Well, I think that most of the actors are decent enough, not only in the upcoming movie but also on the previous trilogy as well. But it's a matter of the actors knowing their character and having them care for that character, enough to give it justice. I mean, take Ryan Reynolds for example, he really was a comic fan. When he did Deadpool on the X-men movies, interviews of him were flowing about how stoked he was for the character and how excited he was for it. I mean, I can't be sure if it's a Hollywood stunt or something, because I'll never know, but the guy looked pretty sincere to me. Anyway, it's the kind of dedication the movie (heck, any movie for that matter) needs. They need to be in character and not just about getting those ginormous paychecks. I don't really know much about Andrew Garfield, but I think that makes it better. He's not so famous in my own little universe, but that also means I won't have residual connotations about him. I mean, can you imagine if for example, Zac Efron played Peter? I'll be hearing all his High School Musical songs while Spidey is swinging around New York. And that would be bad. Very bad.

@ChrisAngel: I can't say much about Iron Man, because my radar wasn't really focused on him during my early comic days. But because the movie was good, I read a few things about him, some issues here and there, and I have to say, it was pretty close. I also think that the Human Torch and The Thing were spot-on, and like you put it, to any reasonable degree. Though, we couldn't really be sure because they were a team and only tidbits of each character were explored in the movie. But anyway, I just think the movies need to up their game, and get actors who are not just concerned about paychecks or the camera, but have enough in them to consider the character and that art of getting into it.

SpideySense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SpideySense

@InnerVenom123: Yeah, I agree, by the looks of it, it seems awesome...but then again, there have already been a lot of past disappointments on comic book based movies. *sigh* I'm just hoping this one will not become a flop. Because Spidey is my favorite. :)

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By Strider1992

Besides the weird web-shooters and the "not reptilian enough" Lizard, the movie actually looks like its going to be good!

RogueOracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RogueOracle

I'm hopeful too and quite impressed. The cast is solid and the trailers have been good, not great, but good, but....

I want Spider-Man jokes, it's one of his traits. But from the previews when in he's in his Spider-Man persona he's just being a punk kid (I know he's capturing a thief, but still). Just the jokes...:( Marc Webb and Co. are making it seems like their version of Spider-Man is witty and hilarious in interviews, being "true" to the character, but the jokes are so lame and nor are they funny or clever.

Look, I love Emma as Gwen Stacy, but I really want to see Black Cat. In the films, not in the comics, Gwen and MJ are interchangeable love interests as they are always referred to as "love interests". Black Cat would just be awesome.