TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Edited By TDK_1997
No Caption Provided

Well, this movie's name explains the movie perfectly. Now some of you may not even know that this movie exists but you will now and in the end of this review you will want to watch it really badly. This is not your typical crime movie or your typical comedy movie, or even your typical drama. It's something really strange but in the same time amazingly interesting and well done. The movie is based on a novel by Irvine Welsh with the exact same name and now that I've watched the movie twice in two days, I really want to buy the book and read it.

The movie has, I guess only one star actor in the face of James McAvoy, everybody else that takes part of this project isn't that well known in my eyes. But for my pleasure and everyone else's pleasure, those actors are just amazing with their play and perfect for their roles. I had a lot of great laughs with them and even a couple of really terrifyingly sad moments. I am a big fan of McAvoy and I was excited to see him play in this movie and GODDAMIT - he was awesome. The guy's performance in this movie was not ust perfect but godlike. He played a pervert, alocoholic, drug addict cop who wants to get a promotion but in the end everything turns out badly for him - he becomes even a bigged drug addict, he starts to have anger issues, becomes a schizophrenic and develops a bipolar disorder. Things aren't looking good for the character and the same can be told for McAvoy.

The movie starts out as a really f**ked up comedy with a really big amount of adult humor which is just hilarious. You can laugh from your heart and have a great time even if you are with friends. But with time you may start asking yourself where the movie is going because it seems like it;s just going around in circles so you can have a fun time with Detective Bruce but at some point things take a hard turn for him. We transition from a really fun comedy to a really, really touching and sad drama. That transition isn't rushed or pushed by the directors but it seems even natural and we just get to the serious part of the movie.

I really can't say more than that because I will be spoiling a lot for you guys. All I have left to say is that this movie will might even make you cry and you will think about a lot of stuff. Right now I am going through a hard time and it seems like the movie has the right vibe and plot that suits my current condition and emotions. It seems like I might turn out like this guy if I don't change a few things and maybe that touched me the way it did but this movie is making a great impression me and with the great play of McAvoy this is easily one of my all-time favorites. It is really sad that this movie doesn't get the recognition it deserves and it is probably that way because it is a European movie and that kind of movies never gets enough respect and love.

My only gripe with this movie is that it ended too quickly. I wanted it to be longer because I really wanted to see more from the character because I fell in love with him and hist story. I really want to know if there will be a second part because there is a sequel to the book.

Overall, the movie is a great mix of a fun and non-engaging flick and a really rough and hard drama that will rock your world in many ways. The cast is perfect and in the end of this movie you will love James McAvoy even more than before. He doesn't make any mistakes in the movie and the way he plays a damaged cop who seeks love from his ex-wife is perfect. I really want to know what you guys think about the movie if you've watched it and if you haven't ..... just watch it!

Rate : 9/10

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

ThiS is on my watch list. I heard Jame's Mcavoy's performance is crazy here that he could have played the joker.~MiB

GC8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1422

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By GC8

Is this based on the Vertigo title?

Nevermind I see it's based on a novel.
What does this have to do with comics?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@etragedy:
It doesn't have anythingto do with comics, why?
@madeinbangladesh: He was fantastic but I wouldn't say it's comparable to playing the Joker.