Fighting Game Poll (choose the one you're most interested in.)

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Deadite

Poll Fighting Game Poll (choose the one you're most interested in.) (17 votes)

Injustice: Gods Among Us 35%
Street Fighters 4 6%
Mortal Kombat 9 24%
Tekken [?] (Whatever installment from the franchise that you like the most.) 12%
Soul Calibur V [?] (Or whatever installment from the franchise that you like the most) 6%
King of Fighters [?] (Whatever installment from the franchise that you like the most.) 0%
Killer Instinct (2013) 12%
MUGEN 0%
Terrordrome 0%
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 6%

• 
Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Mortal Kombat for me, its always been a series close to my heart since I played the first on nintendo many years ago, Killer Instinct the original was cool to, dont like the new crap though.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Injustice, followed closely by Mortal Kombat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Still play soulcalibur II once in a while.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Deadite

@bruxae said:

Mortal Kombat for me, its always been a series close to my heart since I played the first on nintendo many years ago, Killer Instinct the original was cool to, dont like the new crap though.

I kinda got interested in Killer Instinct because I saw the recent one's gameplay. It's so complicated, I still don't understand whether if it's competitive worthy or it's a spammy/button-mesher.

I was leaning towards that it doesn't have a competitive focus then I saw the tournament, now I'm still on the fence to see if I want to dive into it or not.

What was the aspect in the game you saw that you do not like? I'm definitely interested to hear from someone who had actually played its other titles.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite said:

@bruxae said:

I kinda got interested in Killer Instinct because I saw the recent one. It's so complicated I still don't understand whether if it's competitive worthy or it's a spammy/button-mesher.

I was leaning towards that it doesn't have a competitive focus then I saw the tournament, now I'm still on the fence to see if I want to dive into it or not.

What was the aspect in the game you saw that you do not like? I'm definitely interested to hear from someone who actually played its other titles.

Well first of all its gonna be Xbox One exclusive last I heard, so I wouldnt be able to get it even if I wanted to since I only play PC/PS4. It is also gonna support microtransactions, the game will be free to download but you have to pay for every character, not a big fan of that model since I like to be able to variate and I dont want to buy every character in the game since its probably gonna be really expensive plus ill for the most part main 1 character anyway. And while it isnt announced to my knowledge everything is probably gonna end up costing money since thats the nature of microtransaction games - wanna be able to do ultra combos? Pay to win. New stages? Pay. Skins? Pay. etc etc. And those two reasons was enough for me to stop even keeping up to date on the game, despite being a huge fan of the originals.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Deadite

@bruxae said:

@deadite said:

@bruxae said:

I kinda got interested in Killer Instinct because I saw the recent one. It's so complicated I still don't understand whether if it's competitive worthy or it's a spammy/button-mesher.

What was the aspect in the game you saw that you do not like? I'm definitely interested to hear from someone who actually played its other titles.

Well first of all its gonna be Xbox One exclusive last I heard, so I wouldnt be able to get it even if I wanted to since I only play PC/PS4. It is also gonna support microtransactions, the game will be free to download but you have to pay for every character, not a big fan of that model since I like to be able to variate and I dont want to buy every character in the game since its probably gonna be really expensive plus ill for the most part main 1 character anyway. And while it isnt announced to my knowledge everything is probably gonna end up costing money since thats the nature of microtransaction games - wanna be able to do ultra combos? Pay to win. New stages? Pay. Skins? Pay. etc etc. And those two reasons was enough for me to stop even keeping up to date on the game, despite being a huge fan of the originals.

I see. I'm still on the sideline to see how it progresses. I'm not drooling over it because I'm still quite clueless of the game. They say there're mind games before the Enders (KI's Combo starts with Openers and progress to an Ender.) If it's going to remain exclusive, unlike MK9 and Injustice, then there's no point for me to dwell on it. I'm not buying one console just for one game.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite: For now it seems like its gonna remain exclusive tbh, but if it ever changes I might give it another glance. Still doubt ill get it though if I cant buy the whole game, I have fallen for that before and they are just gonna milk you for more and more, its the only reason they are using this buisness model.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_slim_ said:

Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Best Tekken game since 5

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Tekken 3.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@bruxae said:

@deadite said:

@bruxae said:

Actually no. The game has different payment methods, you can use the free version and only use one rotating character or you can pay $20 and get all the characters but with some less costumes ect or you can pay $40 and get the full game all characters including Killer Instinct Classic and access to the DLC early or you can pay $60 which is basically the collectors edition. If you get the free one and decide you really like it then you can pay to add on each of the characters as and when you like.

Also if you want to know how in depth the fighting is, here is a good video:

Loading Video...

As for the OP Ultra Street Fighter 4 is what I'm most interested in.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Injustice. Can't wait to play KI though

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vaeternus

MK, then Injustice. I'll probably play KI3 a little bit though.

Some people feel though the new KI aka KI3 is a combination of SF4+MK9=KI 3(KI 2013)