Fight of the Top Welterweights -Boxing vs MMA

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ssejllenrad

I'm not putting this on the Battles cause it's not involving any comicbook characters.

Main Event
Georges St-Pierre vs Floyd Mayweather

Let's meet their sports in the middle. K-1 rules. Punching allowed, kicking allowed, one handed clinch only, no hugs, no elbows. 6 rounds, 3 mins each. Both at their peaks. 2 months to adjust to the new rules. Floyd gets Maurice Smith as his trainer. GSP gets Ernesto Hoost.

Co-main event:
Manny Pacquiao vs Nick Diaz

Same rules as above. Pacman gets Buakaw as his trainer, Diaz gets Masato.

Undercard (all in their prime):
Semmy Schilt vs Vitali Klitshcko -6 rounds. Prime numbered rounds -k1 rules, even numbered rounds boxing rules
Jon Jones vs David Haye -K1 rules
Lyoto Machida vs Roy Jones Jr -K1 rules

Who will win?
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ssejllenrad

Bump! No one?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

If Kicks are allowed MMA fighters would win.Boxers wouldn't be able to defend against them.

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By eatmore_payless

first of all, MMA's welterweight are more heavier than Boxings so, this is spite

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmoothJammin

Ur way too advanced lol most fight fans are usually on the fence about embracing another combat sport .Luckily I'm a fan of both although I enjoy boxing more. I honestly can't say I know who any of those trainers are but I'm in the loop with UFC enough to where I can recognize who GSP and Diaz are. Interesting blend of two radically different sports my friend, I just don't know that both can coexist.

If it were strictly boxing, I'd say PBF takes GSP but with these rules I see Floyd getting broken down with shin kicks/take downs. The mans a defensive wizard with his philly shell but in 2 months time can he really learn good standup? Boxers have skinny little legs lol and those kicks hurt. It never ends well for the boxer in these cases, atleast if Mayweather was a huge puncher but c'mon...this has James Toney written all over it lol.

As far as the co feature goes.. Great match up. I kinda think the Filipino gets smothered when he's out of his element. He's already a tiny one dimensional welter, how effortlessly do you think he could transition against a heavy guy with equally impressive stamina?? It would atleast be a firefight while it lasts unless Manny can give Diaz crazy angles and slip in that dynamite left hook early on before he's outmuscled in the later rounds..

Not familiar with alot of the undercard mma guys, save for Machida. Never thought much of Roy Jones tbh. Elusive sure, but kind of overrated imo.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ssejllenrad

@Vance Astro: So my taking away of grappling changed nothing for the boxers... My bad...

@eatmore_payless: Didn't know that. I just looked at weight classes and not the weight range. Thanks for the info.

@SmoothJammin: A lot of people I know who love boxing love both K-1 and MMA as well. But maybe it's different here. heheh!

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn
GSP might be able to take Pretty Boy Floyd in a Kickboxing Style Match ( which it seems like it is )... St Pierre has pretty solid Kicks. Though trying to straight up use Western Boxing with Floyd would be stupid and I can not see that happening 

Manny Pacquiao is really small for Nick Diaz ( Diaz is 6'1'' against Pacquiao who is 5'6'' ) now if Pac Man could somehow get inside on Diaz I think he could really hurt Diaz... and Diaz does tend to leave himself open for all kinds of stand up attack
Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@ssejllenrad: Are kicks allowed?

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mikethekiller

Why don't you just use straight up K-1 fighters?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If kicking is allowed in Mayweather-Pierre, then Pierre will tear up his legs badly and win. But if it's NOT allowed, I think Mayweather will win. He's got fast feet, a good jab, a-lot of accuracy and good defense, a very technical defense. With kicks I see Pretty Boy losing but without them I see Mayweather taking a late TKO or UD.

Southpaw vs Southpaw, I'm not sure if Pacman wins, 6''1 vs 5''6, I think Pacquiao will probably win. If Diaz leaves himself open, Pacquiao will get inside and punch away, he has VERY fast hands and is very powerful, enough for a KO, or even TKO, he needs a chin shot like he did Hatton. I think Pacquiao can get a mid KO or TKO.

Wladimir Klitschko vs Semmy Schilt, with kicks, I'm sorry but Klitshcko loses. With bad legs it will deeply affect his boxing ability. But WITHOUT kicks, Wladimir uses power, defense and technical ability to get a late KO.

David ''Toe-Maker'' Haye loses to Jones. He gets elbowed and gets cut. He loses mid TKO.

Jones at 160 is unstoppable, he TKOs him with punches, uses his reflexes and speed and opens a combo.

exhyni9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By exhyni9

MMA fighters on both since kicks are allowed and Boxers need their feet to get enough power in their punch and also because they arent used to having to avoid kicks that is an entirely new aspect that i wouldn't think they would master in 2 months and even if they did

Both MMA fighters are more experienced and could probably still take away or get a massive amount of kicks to the legs which would take away the boxers ability to hit hard and so your left with a person that punches arent being felt and who can kick since their legs would be destroyed

Boxers stand no chance in this LOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@exhyni9: Actually, not all MMA fighters win. But without kicks they lose.

exhyni9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By exhyni9

@comicdude23:

I meant in this Thread since i really don't see a way for the boxers to win also of course they would lose without kicks their is no way to compare MMA Boxing and Normal Boxing Lol like i said the normal boxers get their strength from their feet So without kicking i would think the power packed into their punches compared to the punches of the MMA fight would be a huge difference

With the kicking if you can take away their feet then you they is basically nothing that they will be able to do and since their not use to kicks that is something that they will have a hard time adjusting to and even if they do like i said the MMA fighters got more experience all it takes is a few kick for them to put themselves in a good position

Kicking makes is what makes the MMA Fighters the winner in this fight

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mikethekiller

Schilt would tear Klitshcko up. Dude is a four time K-1 Grand Prix winner and the K-1 Super Heavy Weight Champ.

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By eatmore_payless

@ssejllenrad: you are welcome dude