• 54 results
ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ximpossibrux

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sexually-suggestive-dialogue-removed-for-dmc-devil/1100-6425799/

Video games are being altered, what's next?

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Blade_R

Sounds like to me that was a decision they made on their own for other reasons, not because people were complaining about it.

"We did make an edit to the opening cut scene. It wasn't a case of censorship as there are far more suggestive scenes in the game,"

"We felt that scene in particular drags on a little bit for the opening sequence and frankly, we didn't like the line. Those few seconds were irrelevant to the scene and is covered effectively in a later scene where Mundus is metaphorically shafting world leaders."

And I cant believe I missed this new updated version, I loved it on PS3, might have to buy this to hold me over for MKX.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

At least GamerGate is winning in another front. Kotaku, IGN, etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think this is because of feminists. Their reason to cut that line does seem kinda dumb saying it dragged it out. So much for calling it the "Definitive Edition" though.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

O.k

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

That was pretty dumb anyways

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The unedited dialogue was stupid and poorly written. The edit was an improvement.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, lord knows THAT was the thing that was out of place in DmC.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That specific dialogue was cringeworthy to listen.

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

K

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ok.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First they get the right to vote and now this! What's next? Forced male castration?

themongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the feminist are takin over today video game tomorrow the world

MONGOOSE

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didnt read the article. All I saw was that Feminist's won again. And to that I say GOOD. Im all about human rights and equality.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

M'kay.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

That line was pretty really tasteless and forceful to begin with yet so is a majority of DMC's dialogue and it makes the removal questionable. Nowhere does it mention feminists, only the game developers.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks more like an editorial decision than feminists...

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By BeaconofStrength

I thought it was just removed to a later part of the story/conversation, not fully removed.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rogueshadow  Moderator

That's really bad dialogue.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: you said you're all for humans rights and equity,but feminist only care about womens rights and equity. Their priorities are incredibly skewed.

So i thought you were making an ironic joke.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: you said you're all for humans rights and equity,but feminist only care about womens rights and equity. Their priorities are incredibly skewed.

So i thought you were making an ironic joke.

fem·i·nismˈfeməˌnizəm/noun

1. the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: exactly.you said you're all for human rights, but feminist are only concerned with women rights to the point where the they sometimes don't even consider the rights of men.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: exactly.you said you're all for human rights, but feminist are only concerned with women rights to the point where the they sometimes don't even consider the rights of men.

womens rights and their struggle for equality are human rights.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SodamYat

@sodamyat: biased human rights

biased towards what? women? theyre working for womens rights. are you saying they are a bad organization because they specialize in one area? LOL.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

At least GamerGate is winning in another front. Kotaku, IGN, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamergate_controversy

Maybe it's just me but this seem it leans more towards one side than the other?

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#32  Edited By Teerack

Feminist vs Capcom is something I want to see. Capcom is one of the funniest companies when it comes to just how much they don't care about being PC. They once got in trouble for having a ton of female abuse and prostotution in one of their game's story and they countered it with "Uh... no no... that's a guy." xD

No Caption Provided

and then since then they have maintained that Posion(in the image above) is actually a tranny.

Capcom fully embraces it's audiences and all of their games plots are hyper aware they are a video game and just really indulge in the ridiculousness of it all. They over sex all of their characters and are just over the top with everything and they aren't bias about what gender they sex up either which makes it even better.

Capcom makes so much money from arcades they can actually get away with no one buying their console games and still making a big profit each year, so they really don't care. Take the main character of dead rising Frank West. They named him Frank West because they wanted to base a character that fully captured the west and would appeal to people in america.

No Caption Provided

I mean just looking at him and thinking about all of his habits and character it's pretty racist actually... but it worked and everyone loved Frank West.

Capcom is just all about appealing to people on a really primal core level and they do it really big and loud, so i don't see any way that feminist or anyone opinions could have made them change what they felt like doing.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

K.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: While reading it I got the sense while trying to be impartial it was from the perspective of someone who was more alined with the thought process of those against GamerGate..

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mandarinestro

@dernman: I looked at their source articles and some of them are anti-GamerGate...

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/30/7131931/gamergate-is-dead

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11082629/Gamergate-Misogyny-death-threats-and-a-mob-of-angry-trolls-Inside-the-dark-world-of-video-games.html

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I also found this

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/09/on-wikipedia-gamergate-re_n_6830946.html

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: So you see my problem? Anyone who wants to learn or know more about the GamerGate controversy would go to wikepedia and be influenced to side against GamerGate thinking it was impartial because they didn't know better.

HopeOnFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

Didnt read the article. All I saw was that Feminist's won again. And to that I say GOOD. Im all about human rights and equality.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mandarinestro

@dernman: Most of the people who will learn about GamerGate are nerds anyway, so they'll most likely find out in Reddit or 4chan. The only problem I see is inherent feminists citing Wikipedia as proof.

But yes, it was biased.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: they are working towards gender equality,but dont acknowledge the inequalities men face. I don't think thats true gender equality at all.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Whatevs, DMC sucks.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait until everything is safer and boring.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: they are working towards gender equality,but dont acknowledge the inequalities men face. I don't think thats true gender equality at all.

LOL

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@teerack said:

Feminist vs Capcom is something I want to see. Capcom is one of the funniest companies when it comes to just how much they don't care about being PC. They once got in trouble for having a ton of female abuse and prostotution in one of their game's story and they countered it with "Uh... no no... that's a guy." xD

No Caption Provided

and then since then they have maintained that Posion(in the image above) is actually a tranny.

Capcom fully embraces it's audiences and all of their games plots are hyper aware they are a video game and just really indulge in the ridiculousness of it all. They over sex all of their characters and are just over the top with everything and they aren't bias about what gender they sex up either which makes it even better.

Capcom makes so much money from arcades they can actually get away with no one buying their console games and still making a big profit each year, so they really don't care. Take the main character of dead rising Frank West. They named him Frank West because they wanted to base a character that fully captured the west and would appeal to people in america.

No Caption Provided

I mean just looking at him and thinking about all of his habits and character it's pretty racist actually... but it worked and everyone loved Frank West.

Capcom is just all about appealing to people on a really primal core level and they do it really big and loud, so i don't see any way that feminist or anyone opinions could have made them change what they felt like doing.

lol check out this Social Justice Warrior-Princess throwing a hissy fit.

So an average, normal white guy protagonist in a game is racist ? Would you have preferred a transgender asexual atheist midget instead ? There is a vast demographic that is just fine with characters like this, so deal with it, princess.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85: No no Frank is awesome because his personality is make up of various negative american stereo types.

It's not surprising you completely failed to understand my post since you usually are many steps behind in any given conversation.

I was saying there is no way this is a "feminist win" when Capcom does what ever they want and doesn't care about being offensive at all. It's one of their best qualities. Hell they would have to just cancel most of their franchise all together if they wanted to be PC.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@avenger85: No no Frank is awesome because his personality is make up of various negative american stereo types.

you just made my point for me, princess.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85: Well the creators of Frank West have said themselves that he is made up of stereotypes before, so thanks for the daily ignorance! :D

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@avenger85: Well the creators of Frank West have said themselves that he is made up of stereotypes before, so thanks for the daily ignorance! :D

link it

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85: Look up the Capcom Panel at new york comic con 2013 or 2014. Not sure witch and not putting effort into proving you wrong.