• 54 results
Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jezer

You hear about male privilege, but you don't often hear about how it goes the other way. Let's discuss it.

For example, one time I was with 2 or 3 female friends and the conversation came to the point where they were telling me things that men do that I should make sure not to do. "Make sure you don't objectify women. One time this guy was talking about...and he referred to her as "well-racked" Then in the conversation, they went on to talk about their professor and then how big his arms are. (My arms also came up at some point...subtle e-brag?) It didn't hit me at the moment, but is talking about a guys muscles different from talking about a girl's chest? Is that also objectifying? I don't really see a distinction. Should have called them out on it.

There's also, of course, female privilege in terms of the fact that it is 10 times more socially acceptable for them to be violent towards a guy than the opposite. Seriously, when my brother would eventually get annoyed at my sister hitting him, he's in the past thrown her on her bed and sat on her. She complained about him trying to "suffocate" her and about him throwing her on the bed. Apparently he/we can't ever touch her, while she can do whatever. And she doesn't see the hypocrisy(she doesnt hit me tho).

At a more extreme example, you have this guy who straight up got his dick chopped off for filing to divorce his wife, and these talk show women react by laughing and feeling empowered? Eh... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrvDhSB7GHk If the opposite happened(guy chops up girl), I'm pretty sure no one would be laughing and everyone would be disgusted at the talk show.

Last example is these feminist protesting a Men's Rights? public speaker at that University in Canada. I don't, I just, don't understand how anyone would think its okay to so aggressively protest someone who's advocating for some type of rights related equality. If men did that in front of a feminist meeting(no male hate speech!), they'd be straight up painted as villains in the media(I think...). Who protests a human rights group and feels they have the moral highground to be mad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iARHCxAMAO0

First of all.... how soft are people from Canada? If I paid money to see a speaker, and there were police behind me, there's no way I'd turn around because people were blocking my way. Lol I'd dare them to do something. I'm pretty sure I'd just laugh at them and slink my way through. If that doesn't work, I'd shoulder my way through. I was honestly embarrassed on behalf of that guy for walking away.

Second of all, your argument for it being hate speech is a quote you take out of context? And you won't allow people through to make up their mind by actually hearing what he says and his views from his own mouth? Are university students in Toronto EDIT: illogical? Lol please go. I'm embarrassed on behalf of that University. Like, you aren't doing your job. But to be fair, maybe Canada's society simply doesn't promote the ideas of free speech and coming to your own conclusion as much as The US?

What are other examples of female privilege? (I have more, but for all I know no one will bother with this thread) Let's not villify women though, as I'm pretty sure our male privilege outweighs their female...

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again with female rights -_- yes we get it, women are equal if not superior to men

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jezer

Again with female rights -_- yes we get it, women are equal if not superior to men

You have impressive skimming abilities...summed up my thread so nicely here. Good job man.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By DH69

hahahaha theres no such thing as equality one side always has the advantage, this generation is the one where the women take over...the next generation doesnt make it, but that has nothing to do with women bein in charge.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Both men and women should be called out for hypocrisy and objectification. Simple as that.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

I as a man have never felt that a woman has an undeserved advantage over me.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dh69: you mean next generation we all die or something? Lol

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dh69: you mean next generation we all die or something? Lol

no they are just ****ing screwed.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DH69

@jezer said:

wasnt the reaction i was going for but...

Loading Video...

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The mother getting child custody in most cases and in some countries men are forced to do army or alternative civilian service.

BB

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

in some countries men are forced to do army or alternative civilian service.

BB

Usually this is because women are considered unfit and a liability for the armed forces, though. Norway recently expanded its military conscription program to include mandatory military service for women as well.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lykopis: Knew you'd show this guy who's the boss Lyko :P

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Billy Batson

@citizenbane said:
@billy_batson said:

in some countries men are forced to do army or alternative civilian service.

BB

Usually this is because women are considered unfit and a liability for the armed forces, though. Norway recently expanded its military conscription program to include mandatory military service for women as well.

Nowadays I hear the same about most guys :p But why not make women do the civilian service?

Forgot to add longer prison sentences for males.

BB

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: Insults are against the rules.
Chill out.

CrouchingTiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: what did you flag him for?

Anyway, yeah its true. Women get special rights that men dont. Not much I can really do about it. Guess I'll run for congress or something lol

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoy_elite:

If he gets to call people retards, then I get to call him an idiot.

@lykopis: what did you flag him for?

Anyway, yeah its true. Women get special rights that men dont. Not much I can really do about it. Guess I'll run for congress or something lol

The retards comment.

The rest is fair game.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: If he calls people retards then you flag his post. Throwing around insults is always pointless.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By InnerVenom123

Your name is Mud, sir.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Male and female rights thread ?

ISHYGDDT

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@glitch_spawn: Glue candied apples on giraffes :O, yet not super glue..like water soluble glue ^-^

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to talk about something off topic. Like giraffes. Or candied apples. Or super adhesive.

Giraffes creep me out. Those necks are waaaaaaaay too long.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Decoy Elite

@decoy_elite said:

@glitch_spawn said:

I want to talk about something off topic. Like giraffes. Or candied apples. Or super adhesive.

Ya. Seriously, what the hell else has a neck that is nearly that long?

An Ostrich? I don't think so.

I bet they have it to hide their screwed up faces.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@glitch_spawn: No, now you must feed them the apples while you glue yourself to a port-a-potty !

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lykopis said:

@jezer:

You are an idiot. Flagged.

When your like this, it makes me feel things. Mostly fear and a

Loading Video...

but other things............

*sticks tongue out*

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Well this thread went downhill...

CrouchingTiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CrouchingTiger

@lykopis: oh I guess i didn't see the comment you flagged

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like women, and as long as I don't mess things up I get to keep my genetalia. (Unlike the mating partners of a black widow)

Couldn't be less bothered by a females objectification. It is how it is, stating the obvious doesn't change anything. In fact I like that more in a way, as that's part of being honest.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36  Edited By Deranged Midget

@lykopis: C'mon really? It's not necessary to retaliate in such a fashion. If you have a problem with someone in anyway, just flag them. There is no reason to respond in a hostile manner.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lykopis

@deranged_midget:

I did flag him. And I stand by my opinion of him. Is it against the rules? Sure -- your warning has been noted. It's unfortunate that calling people "retards" is fine but hey, you're the big kahuna.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: Calling people "retards" is not fine, nor did I ever say it was. Please don't put words into my mouth, I don't appreciate that. You have an opinion about someone, that's fine. You can voice it accordingly in a respectful manner, not one that puts you in the same position that you pointed out in the first place.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoy_elite said:

@glitch_spawn said:

Ya. Seriously, what the hell else has a neck that is nearly that long?

An Ostrich? I don't think so.

No Caption Provided

Somewhat relevant.....

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget:

Right. But yet I was the only one to receive a warning from you even though I flagged the OP. I don't see any admonishment towards that on this thread -- just mine.

Like I said, your warning has been noted. I am not defending myself -- I am well aware I broke a rule.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By laflux

@lykopis: Come now Lyko. Your actually scaring me. Yes me.......

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: How do you know I didn't warn him already in a completely different manner? Again, I don't really appreciate that you make pre-determined assumptions of my actions. If you have a problem, feel free to PM me about it.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By lykopis

@deranged_midget:

Of course. You just decided to make mine public on this thread.

No need for a PM.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskullits threads like this which just make me want to sit in the corner and cry.....

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: Please don't attempt to make yourself out as a victim. I gave you simple warning, nothing more. The reason I privately messaged the other user because he was the one who created the thread and I wanted to go into more detail. I shouldn't have to explain myself but I went out of my way and did so regardless.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jezer

Hey Comicvine, sorry for implying(I didn't actually call them) that Canada students(specifically the ones in the video) are retarded. I'll use softer language next time. However, I do specifically think that those students in the video might have missed a bit of the point of their schooling. But that might be me assuming Canadian Universitys promote the same liberal ideal as certain Americans. Who knows.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget:

Victim? Duly noted. Pretty sure I said I was wrong. Apparently PMs are only for the choosen few. But hey -- thanks for the unnecessary explanation .

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

This thread is.........smh.

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come!

Everyone should smile!

Hahahahahaha

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jezer
@laflux said:

@lykopis said:

@jezer:

You are an idiot. Flagged.

When your like this, it makes me feel things. Mostly fear and a

but other things............

*sticks tongue out*

You should probably edit out her post, since she deleted it.

@lykopis: Sorry for implying Toronto/Canadian students are retarded, and putting you in this awkward position of with the mod and breaking a rule. I agree, if I can imply people are retarded, I believe others who think such an action is retarded(or that I am retarded) can call me an idiot.

I apologize.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and sorry Canadians. My best friend is blac---er Canadian!