Avatar image for bearded_justice
Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Bearded Justice

Do guys have female friends that they are attracted to?  Apparently, I am incapable of such a feat.  It seems like the only female friends I have, are ones who I simply do not have an interest in.  I recently lost one of my best friends because I liked her.  When something like that happens it tends to ruin the friendship for me, which sucks.  Anyone else have this problem? 

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1  Edited By InnerVenom123

I've had a few female friends who were just friends. It wasn't a problem. It was mutual disinterest. :P

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Lance Uppercut

Haha my difficulties with this were mixed. 

Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bearded Justice
@InnerVenom123 said:
"

I've had a few female friends who were just friends. It wasn't a problem. It was mutual disinterest. :P

"

ha i wish it could be a mutual disinterest
Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bearded Justice
@Lance Uppercut said:
"

Haha my difficulties with this were mixed. 

"

do tell  
 if you want to that is
Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mr. Mercury

I've had few =]

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Billy Batson

Friend? What is that?

Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bearded Justice
@Billy Batson said:
"

Friend? What is that?

"

lol 

guess they're harder to come by than i thought
jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By jeanlucpicard

Outside of school, no.
HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By HolySerpent

i have girl   friends that are attractive, but i dont find them attractive.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By castleking

i've had a few female friends that i found attractive but never hid on them b/c i had my own girlfriend and well the thought never crossed my mind.

I only had one female in all my life that i not only felt attracted to but wanted to hook up with and be more than friends... saw her screw her life over a short fat @$$hole guy who was also her boss and worse married and just cause he was loaded

by the time she came to me for sympathy and a shoulder to lean on i pushed her away but it hurt b/c i wanted her long before that and well she only wanted me when all things failed.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HolySerpent
@castleking said:
"i've had a few female friends that i found attractive but never hid on them b/c i had my own girlfriend and well the thought never crossed my mind.  I only had one female in all my life that i not only felt attractive but wanted to hook up with and be more than friends... saw her screw her life over a short fat @$$hole guy who was also her boss and worse married and just cause he was looted.  by the time she came to me for sympathy and a shoulder to lean on i pushed her away but it hurt b/c i wanted her long before that and well she only wanted me when all things failed. "

man i am sorry. did she know that you like her
Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bearded Justice
@castleking said:
"
                i've had a few female friends that i found attractive but never hid on them b/c i had my own girlfriend and well the thought never crossed my mind.  I only had one female in all my life that i not only felt attractive but wanted to hook up with and be more than friends... saw her screw her life over a short fat @$$hole guy who was also her boss and worse married and just cause he was looted.  by the time she came to me for sympathy and a shoulder to lean on i pushed her away but it hurt b/c i wanted her long before that and well she only wanted me when all things failed.
            "

that sucks.  and it's kinda what happened with me too.  i get upset when they complain that their boyfriend doesnt treat them right and eventually i just shut them out entirely
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By castleking
@HolySerpent said:

" @castleking said:

"i've had a few female friends that i found attractive but never hid on them b/c i had my own girlfriend and well the thought never crossed my mind.  I only had one female in all my life that i not only felt attractive but wanted to hook up with and be more than friends... saw her screw her life over a short fat @$$hole guy who was also her boss and worse married and just cause he was looted.  by the time she came to me for sympathy and a shoulder to lean on i pushed her away but it hurt b/c i wanted her long before that and well she only wanted me when all things failed. "
man i am sorry. did she know that you like her "
yes... she knew how i felt about her and we talk about rather being friends than ruining what we had b/c i wanted her in my life. 
i never ever bn a goober as i was with her,  normally a guy who thinks that way to me were losers but there i was even when my friends would point and laugh.

@Bearded Justice said:

" @castleking said:

"
                i've had a few female friends that i found attractive but never hid on them b/c i had my own girlfriend and well the thought never crossed my mind.  I only had one female in all my life that i not only felt attractive but wanted to hook up with and be more than friends... saw her screw her life over a short fat @$$hole guy who was also her boss and worse married and just cause he was looted.  by the time she came to me for sympathy and a shoulder to lean on i pushed her away but it hurt b/c i wanted her long before that and well she only wanted me when all things failed.
            "
that sucks.  and it's kinda what happened with me too.  i get upset when they complain that their boyfriend doesnt treat them right and eventually i just shut them out entirely "

agreed.
Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cypher's Gambit

All of my female friends are beautiful, but you can only take what you can though. You might have a girlfriend, and some of them might have boyfriends.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Attraction doesn't go very far, but I suppose if there is a bond it could be very difficult.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By castleking

i so wanted to bond with her  >_>

i felt like Fez 

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By shawn87

I've had female friends i wasn't attracted to but i also have some that are very attractive 

Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cypher's Gambit

This topic makes me think how Wolverine felt in the X-Mansion with all his beautiful team mates and err... students friends.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By _Sojourn_

Most of my friends are females...

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By sexy_merc

I have a lot of attractive female friends, but our friendship is usually pretty tight so nothing happens.

Darkseid Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Darkseid Elite

@Sexy Merc said:

"

I have a lot of attractive female friends, but our friendship is usually pretty tight so nothing happens.

"

This. 

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vitality

Honestly....most of my current female friends and I use to date...we just stayed friends afterward.
Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

I several beautiful friends..... I'm pretty sure I have friends that are girls......well....... all the ones I know all have boyfriends........ 
a gift and a curse....
Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mumbles

never realized how much wolverine was getting over the years

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ARMIV

......hrrmmmm......
thehummingbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By thehummingbird

Well I am a girl and I have the revers happen twice, they both had girlfriends...one even said if he ever broke up with his girlfriend he would go out with me...gee thanks love being the second pick...=_= 

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@thehummingbird said:
" Well I am a girl and I have the revers happen twice, they both had girlfriends...one even said if he ever broke up with his girlfriend he would go out with me...gee thanks love being the second pick...=_=  "
Who the hell is making you the second pick? Oh. But I had that happen once. 
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By castleking
@thehummingbird said:
" Well I am a girl and I have the revers happen twice, they both had girlfriends...one even said if he ever broke up with his girlfriend he would go out with me...gee thanks love being the second pick...=_=  "
would you date him if he asked you?  *serious judgmental face*
thehummingbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By thehummingbird
@Lance Uppercut:  

Sucks hunh? a 'friend'  

@castleking:  

Hell no...I have my dignity and would be no ones second choice  >=( THB was not amused. (except maybe a few celebrities or that hipster guy from my status...jk jk kind of....xD ) I would just stay friends he is a better friend anyway he is a jerk to go out with....>.> 
goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#30  Edited By goldenshot80
@shawn87 said:
" I've had female friends i wasn't attracted to but i also have some that are very attractive  "
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@thehummingbird: Yeah, it's not pleasant. But I'm too good for that BS to stick. 
thehummingbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By thehummingbird
@Lance Uppercut:  

agreed I might just be being  a conceited turd, but I really do think that anyone who says that kind of stuff is worse than rejection....>.>
Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bearded Justice

So who here has the dating policy of, "you are hot, we should go out!" 

i mean, that is basically it in a nutshell, but it seems like i have some pretty different ideas on dating compared to my friends

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34  Edited By doordoor123
@Bearded Justice said:
"

Do guys have female friends that they are attracted to?  Apparently, I am incapable of such a feat.  It seems like the only female friends I have, are ones who I simply do not have an interest in.  I recently lost one of my best friends because I liked her.  When something like that happens it tends to ruin the friendship for me, which sucks.  Anyone else have this problem? 

"
I ran a problem like that a while back. Its pretty much a who said it first kind of thing.  But you have to deal with it and look for someone else. Unless you want to ruin your friendship. Who knows, maybe hell find someone else and you could tell him that you like her. Patience is a virtue.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@thehummingbird: Haha it's not conceited. It's a slap in the face. "I'd totally go out with you... if I weren't dating this other person. But I'll keep your number!" 

@Bearded Justice said:
"

i mean, that is basically it in a nutshell, but it seems like i have some pretty different ideas on dating compared to my friends

"
I've found that if you're going out with someone based solely on how "hot" they are, you'll probably be let down by everything else. A girl can be as hot as she wants, but if she thinks the capital of France is France City, she can take a hike. 
Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Bearded Justice
@doordoor123 said:
"

@Bearded Justice said:
"

"
I ran a problem like that a while back. Its pretty much a who said it first kind of thing.  But you have to deal with it and look for someone else. Unless you want to ruin your friendship. Who knows, maybe hell find someone else and you could tell him that you like her. Patience is a virtue.

"

oh no i didn't lose a guy friend, i fell for a girl who became a really good friend of mine over the past eight months.  i made it quite clear that i wanted to go out with her, but she was more interested in guys who treat her like dirt.  after awhile i couldn't take it anymore and broke off the friendship
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By doordoor123
@Bearded Justice said:
" @doordoor123 said:
"

@Bearded Justice said:
"

"

"
oh no i didn't lose a guy friend, i fell for a girl who became a really good friend of mine over the past eight months.  i made it quite clear that i wanted to go out with her, but she was more interested in guys who treat her like dirt.  after awhile i couldn't take it anymore and broke off the friendship "
Oh. That changes things completely. Girls like mystery. Its better to go for girls that dont know you.
Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bearded Justice
@Lance Uppercut said:
"

@thehummingbird: Haha it's not conceited. It's a slap in the face. "I'd totally go out with you... if I weren't dating this other person. But I'll keep your number!" 

@Bearded Justice said:
"

"
I've found that if you're going out with someone based solely on how "hot" they are, you'll probably be let down by everything else. A girl can be as hot as she wants, but if she thinks the capital of France is France City, she can take a hike. 

"

so true.  my policy on dating is like "we become best friends, we decide we are attracted to one another, so we go out"    this would all be over the course of several months too
Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bearded Justice

@doordoor123 said:

"

@Bearded Justice said:
"

@doordoor123 said:
"

@Bearded Justice said:
"

"

"
oh no i didn't lose a guy friend, i fell for a girl who became a really good friend of mine over the past eight months.  i made it quite clear that i wanted to go out with her, but she was more interested in guys who treat her like dirt.  after awhile i couldn't take it anymore and broke off the friendship

"
Oh. That changes things completely. Girls like mystery. Its better to go for girls that dont know you.

"

ha read my dating policy on the above post.  ugh yeah it really does seem like they go for the mystery man
digimod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40  Edited By digimod

When I was in my youth I had the same problem - if I was attracted to a girl that was my friend it either didn't last or she became my girlfriend.  Now that I am in my late 40s I find I can be attracted to a girl and just be her friend without it messing up the friendship.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By doordoor123
@Bearded Justice said:
"

@doordoor123 said:

"

@Bearded Justice said:
"

@doordoor123 said:
"

@Bearded Justice said:
"

"

"

"

"

ha read my dating policy on the above post.  ugh yeah it really does seem like they go for the mystery man "
Sometimes it pays to learn from your enemy. If the girl you like, likes someone else, learn from the person that she likes. I had an exgirlfriend that dumped me for some other guy and i heard from the grapevine that they had a rough make out thing after we broke up. I learned that girls like to be thrown around when youre making out. They like when you use your surroundings. It also makes you memorable. Sometimes you have to learn from the opponents.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By velle37
@Billy Batson said:
"

Friend? What is that?

"

riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By riri4life

If anything...all my hags wanna hook up w/ me. ;P jk

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By castleking

you call them hags because you're gay or are they actual old women?

one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By one_upper

I have a lot of female freinds and 90% of them are really attractive. I find them attractive, but I've never actually wanted to be with any of them except for one.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By velle37
@castleking said:
"you call them hags because you're gay or are they actual old women? "

Lol
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#47  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I've had / do have female friends. Not an issue.

Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Bearded Justice

sorry, i didn't really make the original post too clear but the idea here is not just about having female friends.  i mean, i think we all have or have had female friends at some point.  it's about being able to hold onto the ones you like, but who don't particularly like you back.
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#49  Edited By SC  Moderator
Attracted to physically? Or physically attractive? A lot of my female and male friends are physically attractive.  

Am I attracted to my friends? Sure, they wouldn't be my friends, unless I was attracted to them in some way, whether it be their personality, their attitude, or some other quality, thats either valuable, endearing or beneficial to me, in some manner or form.  

Interested romantically in a friend I have? Not particularly, really. Well, not because of physical reasons. I have a lot of fit friends, but not so many smart ones. I feel incredibly guilty going out with people who look at me with genuine wide eyed awe and interest when I tell them I have walked on the Moon and won two Olympic gold medals in long distance running and Moon walking. Just feels unethical. 
Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#50  Edited By Roxanne Starr
@SC: 

Physical attraction and friendship really have nothing to do with each other.

Physical attraction is a mechanism that nature uses for the perpetuation of the species, and as such, is more often than not, temporary.

Friendship is a more spiritual thing and likely to be long-lasting.