• 96 results
#1 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (10853 posts) - - Show Bio

The co-CEO of Archie Comics is being sued for gender discrimination after she allegedly stalked her male colleagues and referred to them as "penis" rather than using their actual names.

But Nancy Silberkleit's lawyer says the lawsuit is bogus because white men aren't members of a "protected class," reports the New York Daily News.

The $3.25-million lawsuit by five Archie employees alleges Silberkleit used her "gender as a weapon" by yelling "Penis! Penis! Penis!" during a meeting.

What's more, the plaintiffs allege she used the term for their names regularly, brought Hells Angels to the office to intimidate them, repeatedly made reference to her late husband's handgun and 750 rounds of ammo supposedly kept in the office and stalked employees and their families.

Silberkleit has denied the allegations, calling them "cruel and mean and inaccurate."

The 59-year-old took over the role of co-CEO after her husband's death in 2008.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101243971

http://www.salon.com/2013/12/03/archie_comics_ceo_accused_of_discriminating_against_male_employees/

#2 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

#3 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

So it's okay if it's a white guy? I can't believe I'm saying this but as a male white American, I feel discriminated against.

#4 Posted by SilverPool (1519 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (10853 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

So it's okay if it's a white guy? I can't believe I'm saying this but as a male white American, I feel discriminated against.

You cant, you didnt listen to her lawyer.

#6 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

What did we White people ever do to deserve this?!?

*thinks about Christopher Columbus, Black Slaves, The Trail of Tears, Segregation, etc. *

Oh right. Well still.

#7 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10853 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@dctv3363 said:

*thinks about Christopher Columbus, Black Slaves, The Trail of Tears, Segregation, etc. *

Oh right. Well still.

Columbus could had being a jew actually and he was italian, so he was a latin.

#8 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4248 posts) - - Show Bio

This was the most rewarding news thread ever.

#9 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10853 posts) - - Show Bio

Why?

#10 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@dctv3363 said:

Oh right. Well still.

Columbus could had being a jew actually and he was italian, so he was a latin.

Why would it matter if he was a Jew? That's not a race. Italian's can still be Caucasian (which I guess I should have said instead of white, in this case).

#11 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4248 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10853 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@doomdoomdoom said:

Why?

It's related to comics and it's fairly amusing.

Yeah, i would belive people would find this more important that anything else, since if they win it will change the comic book industry.

#13 Edited by Farkam (4890 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

Get over it Penis.

#14 Edited by longbowhunter (7096 posts) - - Show Bio

This has everything I love in a story. The word penis, biker intimidation tactics, fire arms and comic books. I wish Archie would turn this into a comic.

#15 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

This has everything I love in a story. The word penis, biker intimidation tactics, fire arms and comic books. I wish Archie would turn this into a comic.

I'm already considering buying the movie rights.

@farkam said:

@dctv3363 said:

Get over it Penis.

...Yes sir. (When we win this case, you're screwed).

#16 Edited by Ms_Majestic (28 posts) - - Show Bio

This would make a pretty funny comic.

#17 Posted by longbowhunter (7096 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363: The Nancy Silberkleit story would be the best Lifetime movie ever.

#18 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10853 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

@longbowhunter said:

I'm already considering buying the movie rights.

@farkam said:

@dctv3363 said:

Get over it Penis.

...Yes sir. (When we win this case, you're screwed).

Archie Penis: The Best Story Ever Told.

The trailer.

It has guns.

It has violent bikers.

It has white people hate.

It has crazy lawyers.

AND...

COMICS.

With Stan Lee as Wacky Stan!!!

#19 Posted by Bruxae (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

Shut up all you penises.

#20 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

What a ridiculous defense. "White men can't be discriminated against" makes no sense whatsoever... so it will probably hold up well in a United States court

#21 Posted by Farkam (4890 posts) - - Show Bio

What a ridiculous defense. "White men can't be discriminated against" makes no sense whatsoever... so it will probably hold up well in a United States court

It's true, white men can't get discriminated against since they are all evil, racist rapists of women :] United States court is the best. :]

#22 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (10853 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (10853 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

Shut up all you penises.

I am not talking i am writing.

Hehehe...

#24 Edited by Bruxae (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

Shut up all you penises.

Hehehe...

I didnt say stop talking, I said shut up. :P

#25 Edited by Edamame (28160 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#26 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (10853 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@bruxae said:

Shut up all you penises.

Hehehe...

I didnt say stop talking, I said shut up. :P

#27 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

B*tch slap that lady and call her a vagina.

#29 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10853 posts) - - Show Bio

@edamame: @supernategames: @longbowhunter: @dctv3363: @doomdoomdoom: Its get better guys and girls, Penis and Vaginas

Silberkleit prepares to run for mayor of Rye, N.Y. In an interview, she touts her experience "as a teacher in the public schools system and as a business woman, top-level executive at an American icon, Archie Comics."

She fails to mention that employees have called her a "dictator" who is apparently more threatening to Archie and the gang than Hitler, Ho Chi Minh and Al Qaeda combined.

"While World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, and the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan did not stop the publication of Archie Comics," they argue in the complaint. "The war-like attitude and approach of Defendant may destroy Archie Comics unless this Court intervenes."

#30 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by JetiiMitra (8635 posts) - - Show Bio

That's... I love this.

#32 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10853 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21878 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahahahahhahahaha

#34 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6299 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's the reason she acts the way she does. She needs to be fired and deported.

Jewish Co-CEO of Archie Comics

What? What does setting up comic book fairs at schools have to do with bullying or deportation?

#35 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

@cezar_thescribe said:

Here's the reason she acts the way she does. She needs to be fired and deported.

Jewish Co-CEO of Archie Comics

What? What does setting up comic book fairs at schools have to do with bullying or deportation?

She's been charged with and has admitted to calling men bad names and sexually harassing them.

#36 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6299 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10853 posts) - - Show Bio

@cezar_thescribe: But what does that have to do with the link you posted?

That the reason why she is that way is because she belive she owns the company and dont give an f about it.

#38 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6299 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10853 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000: How did you get that from that link?

Because she say she says she never wanted to be in the bussines in a really cold way.

Many people in the industry didnt wanted to be in the industry, but they arent that cold to the industry they are getting money from.

#40 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6299 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@cezar_thescribe: You realize half of the most famous people in the comics industry are Jewish right? Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Seigle and Shuster, Bob Kane and Joe Simon all Jewish and none hated America. In fact Simon and Kirby invented the most pro America super hero ever when they made Captain America. Being Jewish has no bearing on this.

#43 Edited by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

@cezar_thescribe: You realize half of the most famous people in the comics industry are Jewish right? Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Seigle and Shuster, Bob Kane and Joe Simon all Jewish and none hated America. In fact Simon and Kirby invented the most pro America super hero ever when they made Captain America. Being Jewish has no bearing on this.

I never said they all hate America.

The ones who hate America are mostly Zionists.

#44 Posted by Ostyo (7912 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363: Haha, the idea that white males can be discriminated against and people find it shocking is just plain prejudice and double standard ignorance.

Whites are no more imune to it then anyone else.

#45 Edited by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo said:

@dctv3363: Haha, the idea that white males can be discriminated against and people find it shocking is just plain prejudice and double standard ignorance.

Hello! You see that thing right in front of your face? The thing you were just describing? That would be The Point. I'm assuming you understood that though, but just in case.

#46 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo said:

@dctv3363 said:

yea, white power..... oh wait.....

#47 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

She was completely out of line with that third saying of the word Penis. Two was pushing it already, but once you hit three = lawsuit.

#48 Posted by Ostyo (7912 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo: I was making with the lols

#50 Posted by Ostyo (7912 posts) - - Show Bio