feigie has plans till 2028 for marvel

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i think its safe to assume wb and dc are doomed in that department

There’s a map of films reaching far into the next decade on the wall of Feige’s office. “It’s like looking through the Hubble telescope. You go, ‘What’s happening back there? I can sort of see it,’ ” he laughs. “They printed out a new one recently that went to 2028.”

also spoiler for gotg

Speaking of Guardians, the article contains a brief anecdote showing how involved Feige gets into every detail of a production. Here, he comes in on director James Gunn editing Guardians of the Galaxy. From the article:

Gunn freezes a frame of an imposing-looking villain any serious comic book fan would recognize instantly. He sits on a rocket-powered throne. Feige sees something on the screen that he doesn’t like. The evildoer needs to be farther away in the frame so he looks more imperious, he says.

“I don’t know,” says Gunn. “I think it’s going to look cool, man.”

“You just don’t want him to feel petty in that way,” Feige says. “I think it’s a fine line.”

“How do you think it comes off as petty here?” Gunn says.

“He’s so damn close,” Feige says.

“Yeah,” concedes Gunn. “I think I’m going to have him floating in space.”

Feige is concerned about the throne, too. He points at the base. “Those don’t need to be rockets,” he says. “Maybe gravity disks?” Feige says he’ll check back later.

In the hallway he extracts a pledge not to name the bad guy. “That could not be a bigger spoiler,” Feige says.

Read more at http://collider.com/marvel-movie-future-plans-thanos/#dPjsBMFxAMqJvtuU.99

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Marvel has plans for the MCU up until 2028? Holy.........

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I'd be more exited if DC had at least 5 years of movies planned.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TazzMission

@arturocalakayvee said:

also batman/superman just got 3 more actors added. hate to say it but dc is doomed badly

http://www.newsarama.com/20751-holly-hunter-2-more-join-superman-batman-cast-johnny-knoxville-to-voice-a-tmnt.html

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Thitiki

@arturocalakayvee said:

also batman/superman just got 3 more actors added. hate to say it but dc is doomed badly

http://www.newsarama.com/20751-holly-hunter-2-more-join-superman-batman-cast-johnny-knoxville-to-voice-a-tmnt.html

I wouldn't say DC is doomed. While Marvel has all those planned movies doesn't mean they will be good especially how recent films have been.. I preferred Man of Steel 1000x more than Thor 2 and IM3.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#6 frozen  Moderator

After Batman vs Superman - it won't matter.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Rocket Powered Throne?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki said:

@tazzmission said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

I wouldn't say DC is doomed. While Marvel has all those planned movies doesn't mean they will be good especially how recent films have been.. I preferred Man of Steel 1000x more than Thor 2 and IM3.

they are if they dont get any other charachters on the big screen. i mean do you want 5 decades of multiple batman and superman reboots? i just wish dc would grow a set of balls and take a risk like marvel

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Yeah, I like your idea better.

Thanos is supposed to have a lot of admirals in the movies and I could see Kang being an admiral for now.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By HumanRocket

@arturocalakayvee said:

I'm not one to take sides between Marvel and DC but damn DC why are you cramming so much into one film? I would feel much better if they just took it nice and slow. The reason why Marvel was successful was because they had a 5 year plan and didn't rush into anything. DC's 5 year plan is going to be all rolled up in one film.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13 JediXMan  Moderator

I'd be more exited if DC had at least 5 years of movies planned.

This.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos is supposed to have a lot of admirals in the movies and I could see Kang being an admiral for now.

Well the reason I feel it might be Kang is because when I heard "rocket chair" I for some reason thought of Kang sitting in his hover chair, watching from a distance like he's observing us. I thought that maybe it could be Thanos, especially after seeing that image of him in a rocket-like chair, but then they mentioned "gravity discs" and I thought back to Kang as he would obviously have something futuristic like that instead of just a chair.

I also don't think they're talking about Thanos as we've already been teased about him in Avengers and fans are already expecting him to make some form of appearance, either physically or at least by name, in GotG. So if Marvel really wants to excite fans, having Kang suddenly pop up would do that.

Also think about it. Marvel has plans all the way to 2028...which is waaay into the FUTURE. And where does Kang come from? The FUTURE. I know, that one's probably a long shot, but hey you can't blame me for trying. :P

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TazzMission

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

gunn stated he had to use a different alien because marvel dosent own the badoon. i cant remember the name but that was a nice piece of info.

also itll be thanos since gunn stated at sdcc last year we have thanos. maybe hes in some scenes where nebula and gamora are training?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gunn stated he had to use a different alien because marvel dosent own the badoon. i cant remember the name but that was a nice piece of info.

also itll be thanos since gunn stated at sdcc last year we have thanos. maybe hes in some scenes where nebula and gamora are training?

Kang would still be cooler. :P

We already know Thanos is coming, we've known since he appeared in Avengers. It's kinda obvious that he'll have some type of presence in GotG. So I find the teasing of him a bit of a letdown. When Marvel says they have plans up until 2028, I'd rather see them teasing other major villains that they plan on using down the line, not ones they've already teased and that we know are coming. But that's just my feelings on the matter.

Also, it should be noted that Kang had a hover chair in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. (hint, hint :P)

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the reason I feel it might be Kang is because when I heard "rocket chair" I for some reason thought of Kang sitting in his hover chair, watching from a distance like he's observing us. I thought that maybe it could be Thanos, especially after seeing that image of him in a rocket-like chair, but then they mentioned "gravity discs" and I thought back to Kang as he would obviously have something futuristic like that instead of just a chair.

I also don't think they're talking about Thanos as we've already been teased about him in Avengers and fans are already expecting him to make some form of appearance, either physically or at least by name, in GotG. So if Marvel really wants to excite fans, having Kang suddenly pop up would do that.

Also think about it. Marvel has plans all the way to 2028...which is waaay into the FUTURE. And where does Kang come from? The FUTURE. I know, that one's probably a long shot, but hey you can't blame me for trying. :P

Thats something I did think about but I wasn't too sure what other cosmic characters could be hovering in a chair like Thanos. But since Kang is a time traveler, he could be anywhere in the universe and doesn't really have to be an earth based character. Maybe he'll be the Avenger's 4 villain?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

Thats something I did think about but I wasn't too sure what other cosmic characters could be hovering in a chair like Thanos. But since Kang is a time traveler, he could be anywhere in the universe and doesn't really have to be an earth based character. Maybe he'll be the Avenger's 4 villain?

Well the thing that could make Kang a scary villain is the fact that because he comes from the future, he knows things about The Avengers and their futures that they have yet to experience. Kang has always pictured himself as the self-proclaimed "ruler of time" so having him pop up randomly, saying nothing but merely observing everything from a distance. To the average moviegoer it would come off as random and confusing, but to hardcore fans we would know that he was up to something.

The very idea of introducing Kang into the MCU would be crazy if handled correctly. Having a villain from the future, who for whatever reason chooses to come back in time, possibly to warn or even stop some apocalyptic future would be insane to see unfold within Marvel's movies.

They could even tease Kang within multiple movies (possibly Marvel's Phase 3?), having Kang randomly appearing in the background in movies like Ant-Man, Captain America and Thor 3, and maybe even Avengers 3? Setting him up for some bigger story in the future of the MCU. He could be a very fun character to tease, as he basically can be anywhere due to being a time traveler.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

its been confirmed there wont be avengers 4 but new avengers. itll be interesting to see how they will handle that since a few of the charachters are property of other studios

personally what they should do is when gotg becomes a huge hit they really should continue with there space heros like nova ms marvel and captain mar'vell

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC's doomed because Marvel's planning movies? Does that mean Marvel's doomed because James Cameron's planning more Avatar movies?

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

DC's doomed because Marvel's planning movies? Does that mean Marvel's doomed because James Cameron's planning more Avatar movies?

dcs doomed because they dont take risks. i mean holy shit bro think about it. dc and wb are still stuck on a superman 2 wile marvel is ahead till 2028.

think about what dc will do after mos2 and mos2 aint even a superman film its already got batman . there going to do a batfleck film solo ( wich i may actually like if he also directs it) i guarentee it since batman is there huge cash cow. and sadly i really dont see a solo ww film at all in there hand because they feel like it cant be done and yet marvel is giving us a wise cracking gun shooting raccoon and ant man . either wb and dc either have no one to really build a cinematic universe or they really are chicken shit to gamble with something new.

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What if mainstream audiences interest in superhero movies dies out? Did they plan for that? Seriously, planning things a good 5 or so years ahead of time is both a good idea and smart. Planning things almost 15 years ahead of times is just irrational because of all the possible factors that could happen in that time.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@tazzmission said:

its been confirmed there wont be avengers 4 but new avengers. itll be interesting to see how they will handle that since a few of the charachters are property of other studios

personally what they should do is when gotg becomes a huge hit they really should continue with there space heros like nova ms marvel and captain mar'vell

Seeing as none of the Avengers movies appear to have numbers in the title, wouldn't "New Avengers" still count as Avengers 4? :P

Personally I think there is potential for a Secret Avengers movie, possibly staring Black Widow, Winter Soldier, War Machine, Hawkeye, and Ant-Man. I could even see Mockingbird (or another female spy like Spider-Woman) on the team as well. All of those characters, with the exception of Ant-Man (until his movie comes out at least) have all been established in previous movies, so the idea of bringing them together wouldn't be to hard to do. Some of those characters might not be able to support their own films, but together and being under the Avengers banner, I think it could work.

I agree, that's one reason why I hope fans will support these lesser known characters as that will give Marvel more confidence in making movies on more fan-favorite characters. Supporting GotG and helping to make that movie a success will open the doors for Marvel to continue building up their more cosmic characters. You could even say the same about Ant-Man. If fan support that character and show Marvel that we support movies with lesser known characters, we'll more then likely get more movies like it, ones focusing on other fan favorites like Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Inhumans, etc.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@jeepeh said:

@war_killer said:

Rocket Powered Throne?

I was thinking more along the lines of...

Kang
Kang

I thought of

No Caption Provided

Sorry, but I really don't see M.O.D.O.K. exciting fans so much...maybe a few, but not many.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@tazzmission: WB has increased their movie releases from 60% (they released 18 last year and 21 this year.) They are diversifying their movie slate, so its safe to say that DC superhero movies will be in the future. Let's reminder the DC/WB relationship works differently. What works for Marvel may not work for WB/DC.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Good news!

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: Gal Gadot signed on for a three movie contract. Safe to assume a WW solo is one of them. Batman solo is inevitable and they have Justice League on the board. They have Arrow on TV, as well as The Flash, Constantine, and a few others on the way. They're likely planning more movies. Marvel having plans for the future doesn't affect DC at all. Aside from fan exaggeration, DC and Marvel are not competing. They're as much in competition as any other production company is.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

It will be interesting if comics ever get into the premium tv channels and get production quality like GoT or BB.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

Well the thing that could make Kang a scary villain is the fact that because he comes from the future, he knows things about The Avengers and their futures that they have yet to experience. Kang has always pictured himself as the self-proclaimed "ruler of time" so having him pop up randomly, saying nothing but merely observing everything from a distance. To the average moviegoer it would come off as random and confusing, but to hardcore fans we would know that he was up to something.

The very idea of introducing Kang into the MCU would be crazy if handled correctly. Having a villain from the future, who for whatever reason chooses to come back in time, possibly to warn or even stop some apocalyptic future would be insane to see unfold within Marvel's movies.

They could even tease Kang within multiple movies (possibly Marvel's Phase 3?), having Kang randomly appearing in the background in movies like Ant-Man, Captain America and Thor 3, and maybe even Avengers 3? Setting him up for some bigger story in the future of the MCU. He could be a very fun character to tease, as he basically can be anywhere due to being a time traveler.

Maybe he could appearing in the background watching Thanos and how the infinity gauntlet is being assembled by Thanos, or waiting for Thanos to collect it so he can take it for himself. I'd still be happy either way because it would be awesome to Kang no matter how they do it.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh said:

@war_killer said:

Rocket Powered Throne?

Kang
Kang

I thought of

No Caption Provided

The only problem I see with it is that Modok isn't a space villain and I don't see him having any connections with Thanos or the Guardians of the Galaxy.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TazzMission

@awesam said:

@tazzmission: Gal Gadot signed on for a three movie contract. Safe to assume a WW solo is one of them.

just because someone signed for a 3 picture deal dosent mean anything at all. besides lets say if that is true ok how are we sure one of those deals isnt being thrown into a new batman movie? than jla wich is 2 films already on existing contract mos2 being her first apperance already burns up her contract

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: Because if she's well recieved in MoS2, then the logical move is a solo.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

@tazzmission: Because if she's well recieved in MoS2, then the logical move is a solo.

this is wb we are talking about dude. besides people are already going into this movie with the hatred of gal gadot. me personally im all for her landing the part but when peoples minds are maid up they really cant be changed

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: They're not made up. People are always like this about actors portraying characters they like.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#37  Edited By Fallschirmjager

14 years ago Marvel had just sold off the movie rights to their most famous franchises (Spider-Man and X-Men) because they had gone bankrupt. Now look where there are with movies.

They absolutely do not have plans 14 years in advance. They don't even know if they will be in business that long. He might have ideas, but not plans.

They have plans for 3...maybe 4 years most. That alone should be enough to amaze people. Feige's comment wasn't even all that serious.

Toastergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Toastergeist

That sounds a tad bit obsessive.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

currently watching winter soilder. holy shit its amazing so far. im really curious to see how cap 3 will turn out and conspiracy buffs will love this film

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

14 years ago Marvel had just sold off the movie rights to their most famous franchises (Spider-Man and X-Men) because they had gone bankrupt. Now look where there are with movies.

They absolutely do not have plans 14 years in advance. They don't even know if they will be in business that long. He might have ideas, but not plans.

They have plans for 3...maybe 4 years most. That alone should be enough to amaze people. Feige's comment wasn't even all that serious.

Pretty much my thoughts, they know phase 3 and then vague ideas about where the story might head after that.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I find it ridiculous that people think that WB/DC have no future in making superhero movies. They invented the darn genre and changed it with The Dark Knight (and was the first CBM to make billion dollars.) People assume that WB relies on DC for money but actually its a been good investment and they make their money not just from that and from other things (they invest money in projects that people don't suspect to come hits: Hangover, Gravity, Inception, The LEGO movie.) They could make a cinematic DC movie universe, solely to get merchandise to sell and introduce new characters but they don't have too, DC comics is only a small piece of the much larger picture. And the CEO said they are pushing DC superhero movies soon.

Disney however needs Marvel and relies on it heavily particularly since they need to get a male audience (since Disney has always pushed towards girls.) And the same with Star Wars.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jeepeh

@jeepeh said:

@war_killer said:

Rocket Powered Throne?

Kang
Kang

I thought of

No Caption Provided

Sorry, but I really don't see M.O.D.O.K. exciting fans so much...maybe a few, but not many.

I wouldn't be excited either... xD

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TazzMission

i kind of want to see matt smith as dr strange

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: You must really hate Strange if you want his movie to bomb that hard.