Fear of Talking to Girls

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I have terrible anxiety when it comes to talking with girls. Does anyone else experience this?

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By russellmania77

eh until i break the ice, than its smooth sailings

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have terrible, crippling, anxiety when it comes to talking with people. Girls are people. Therefore, I too have terrible anxiety when it comes to talking with girls.

TheAuroraChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only have anxiety when it comes to talking with attractive/flirty people. My mind gets taken up by the fact that they are flirting with me, and next thing I know, I'm barely able to respond when they throw an unexpected line at me.

I'm good at playfully flirting back when I don't feel any attraction towards them. I'm working to reverse this situation.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6 the_stegman  Moderator

You should be afraid, girls sense fear, like dogs and yellow lanterns, once they know you're afraid, they will attack and devour you.

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah, except the girl I really like. Is kinda my best friend...

Are we talking Friend-zone scenario here?

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Lol I talk to ugly girls no prob it's the hot ones that scare me shitless lmao

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last time I really talked to a girl, I got her to reach 3rd base with me. Yeah, talking to girls can be quite scary. Those who have things over you and see you as destructible are the most dangerous and frightening.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_stegman  Moderator

@inlife said:

Last time I really talked to a girl, I got her to reach 3rd base with me. Yeah, talking to girls can be quite scary. Those who have things over you and see you as destructible are the most dangerous and frightening.

Lucky bastard, girls never wanna play baseball with me...

AbnormalAl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have terrible anxiety when it comes to talking with girls. Does anyone else experience this?

Just remember if there's a girl you really like and you don't get the courage to talk to her, some other guy will. It's better to get rejected then live with regret.

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

*Sigh* Here's some advice from a pro. Enjoy:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@russellmania77 said:

eh until i break the ice, than its smooth sailings

Pretty much this

When the ice is broken I become hot s***...(that sounded better in my head)

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sylvain

I dont have the fear of talking to girls i have the fear that i'm not worthing her i have an inferiority complex(when its comme to love i have an inferiority complex).......This said that might count as an ''fear of talking to her''.

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sylvain

@nerd_of_a_hero said:

*Sigh* Here's some advice from a pro. Enjoy:

Loading Video...

Yeah sure i will get Wonder Woman and the queen of UK with this kind of shyt(Didnt saw the video)!

chrisj_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How old are you guys? Eh, I used to be like that way back in the day. I've been dating my soul mate since the 8th grade and now other girls are just next to nothing to me, so I can talk to them as easy as any guy. If I have any good advice it's this, stick to one you're close to work your way up to where you're almost dating and while popping the question's friggin hard it's all about working up the nerve from there. The first one's really the hardest and then you're like me (whether the first was a yes or no), now you know how to ask. And if you're not already close to one find a way to make a girl laugh that's always a good start. Play to your strengths, whether it's cheesiness, sarcasm, dirty jokes(trust me my girl's got a dirtier mind than most guys I know), or whatever in-between, it doesn't hurt to try. Remember that it's only ever a hit or miss girls and learn to get past the misses. Also, three-way conversations easy a lot of tension. That's all I got.

Avatar image for mysterioususername
MysteriousUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Punch them in the snout to gain dominance.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Not really. I'm s###ty at starting conversations, but that's just with people in general. Once that part's over and I'm into the flow of the conversation, I'm good.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#32 SC  Moderator

Sorry to hear about your and others anxiety. Hopefully with time that sense will dissipate. I no longer get anxious with people in general, but when I was younger I use to. I also know a few friends who have various anxieties. From what I know and believe, I would say to anyone experiencing anxiety about talking to others, to just talk to everyone else like you would talk to yourself. Presumably you aren't anxious when you are alone, but just think of yourself at your most relaxed and comfortable. Think about what you would say and do in those situations. Be that way with others.

The problem with that is that you may be concerned with how others view you or what you say, but really your priority is how you view yourself and value your own words and thoughts. Actually spend more time trying to impress yourself, you should treat yourself well. There is that cliche saying that you are going to have to spend more time with yourself than anyone else ever, you might as well try make yourself interesting to know. So once your at that stage and assuming you aren't so narcissistic that you actually still want to be in the company of others instead of admiring a mirror, it should be easier to not be anxious.

Anxiety is linked with fear and nerves and uncertainty and expectations as well. Lots of people fear being alone, or judged harshly by others especially the gender they are attracted to. That fear of being alone connects to the desire of reciprocity romantically and sexually but there is the fear of rejection as well, the worry of being judged and perceived as inadequate and that can do a number on a persons nerves. Thats some hard stuff to overcome, but I would say try your best to forget about it all. Being alone builds character, plus sometimes ones biology isn't it synch with ones mind and reason. Which is to say most people are kind of the same anyway and the only way you discover the important differences is to talk to someone for a while and at that stage things like gender are only relevant if you have certain expectations, but thats another story for another thread.

Probably lots of short cuts you could use to trick yourself too! Pretend you are the member of the group you have trouble talking to. Or pretend that group are robots or something uhm. 0_0

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Bro this advice changed my life

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Self confidence my friend. Self confidence.

Check it. If you don't feel good about yourself, then...

F*ck it, I'm in the same position as you man.

I guess, getting out more helps. You become more comfortable around people. Then shit just flows! It takes two vodka shots for me to start flowing. But that's a cheap way to dealing with said "fear".

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By laflux

80 Percent superstition and 20 Percent guesswork. But seriously, all the cliched advice gets tossed around cause its true. Be confident in yourself yadda, yadda, yadda, don't worry girls don't want to kick you down at the first opportunity (most of them). Don't try to put up a false front. Also if you talk to someone who shares your interests you'll more likely feel more comfortable around them.

Pretty simple really.

@inlife said:

My bones were shaking and my heart was going crazy. I have never done anything with a girl (kiss, hug, sex)

Ahaha,

First romantic hug- Got a Boner.

First Kiss Boner- Got a Boner.

Swiping out- You get the gist.

So you didn't have it too bad ;)

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@the_stegman said:

@inlife said:

Lucky bastard, girls never wanna play baseball with me...

You play Yu-Gi-Oh though, I'm sure a girl will want to play with your deck one of these days.

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have this problem with people in general.

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

talk to ugly girls and work your way up that's what i do..

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Goes to speak*

*Shakes head*

As for the OP, treat talking like a performance. When you talk to a girl, imagine that you're reciting lines from something. If you treat it as a practised process, it becomes easier, because then you're not screwing up, the character of you is.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talking to them was never the problem.... the problem was knowing what to say.

No Caption Provided