Edited 1 year, 10 days ago

Poll: Favorite Transformers Series (19 votes)

Generation 1/Generation 2 26%
Headmasters 0%
Beast wars/Beast Machines 47%
Robots in Disguise 0%
The Unicron Trilogy (Armada,Energon &Cybertron) 0%
Animated 5%
War for Cybertron /Fall of Cybertron /Prime 21%
#1 Posted by _slim_ (13058 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast Wars.

#2 Edited by biggkeem89 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast Wars was one of my favorite animated series when I was a kid. I even owned the Deluxe Megatron Transmetal 2 Action figure, along with a bunch of others. Beast Wars wins hands down

#3 Posted by danhimself (22304 posts) - - Show Bio

G1 specifically because of the movie...one of the single best animated movies ever made

#4 Posted by frogdog (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

also Transformers Prime is ending next week, and releasing a straight to dvd movie.

#5 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

None.

#6 Edited by MrDirector786 (43414 posts) - - Show Bio

A tie between Prime and Beast Wars. However, I chose Prime for the poll because you had to pair Beast Wars with Beast Machines, which is one of my least favorite Transformers shows.

#7 Posted by Alak (925 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast Wars for me. Animated and Prime are both good, but nostalgia is too much of a determining factor for me to vote otherwise.

#8 Posted by NightCrawler358 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah!! Beast Wars love!! Or for us Canadians, "Beasties"...

Followed closely by G1 for me, and then the Cybertron games. Love all of those, but everything else Transformers to me is sadly mediocre.

#9 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4925 posts) - - Show Bio

G1 where it all began

#10 Posted by _Braveheart_ (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast Wars!

#11 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17605 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you have to pair Beast Wars with Beast Machines? ha ha.

And War for and Fall of Cybertron are video games they aren't a TV series.

#12 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6954 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader:

War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron are connected to the Prime show. They are supposed to be canon to each other :D

#13 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17605 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader:

War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron are connected to the Prime show. They are supposed to be canon to each other :D

I am perfectly aware of that but they aren't a TV series. They are video games.

#14 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6954 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader:

I'm pretty sure he was just grouping them together because they are considered a set.

#15 Posted by frogdog (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast Machines is part of the Beast Wars series, just as generation 2 is part of generation 1 and Armada is part of Energon &Cybertron (quality be damned)

War for and Fall of Cybertron is supposted be a prequel to Prime.

#16 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast wars was the most well thought out I think. Small cast, but well done. Only 1 starscream episode though :(

#17 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17605 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader:

I'm pretty sure he was just grouping them together because they are considered a set.

Well why just group Prime together when there have being other media tie ins too.

@frogdog said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Beast Machines is part of the Beast Wars series, just as generation 2 is part of generation 1 and Armada is part of Energon &Cybertron (quality be damned)

Well G1 is actually part of Beast Wars the G1 cartoon continuity anyway. And Headmasters carried on as a new series in Japan whilst with the US version there was to be a fourth season planned with the Headmasters called "The Rebirth" but it only lasted for a few episodes. So if you are refering to the US version of the G1 cartoon then you should have grouped Headmasters as part of G1 continuity as well.

#18 Posted by MrDirector786 (43414 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

According to Hasbro, who don't seem to care about whether or not it makes sense to be a prequel. In War for Cybertron games, dark energon is already known of and the Decepticons wanted to harvest it. In Prime, they are now on Earth and at the very beginning of the show is when Megatron first finds dark energon. That alone tells you that there really is no way they could possibly be connected story-wise.

#19 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17605 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

According to Hasbro, who don't seem to care about whether or not it makes sense to be a prequel. In War for Cybertron games, dark energon is already known of and the Decepticons wanted to harvest it. In Prime, they are now on Earth and at the very beginning of the show is when Megatron first finds dark energon. That alone tells you that there really is no way they could possibly be connected story-wise.

Well apparently Hasbro has said they are supposed to be in the same continuity but I dont think there has being much effort made to tie them together very well.

#20 Posted by MrDirector786 (43414 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdirector786 said:

@frogdog said:

Well apparently Hasbro has said they are supposed to be in the same continuity but I dont think there has being much effort made to tie them together very well.

Yeah, it's why I tend to ignore a lot of things Hasbro says about the story. I honestly think they shouldn't really get involved with the stories that much because they don't seem to care that much about them.

#21 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17605 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdirector786 said:

@frogdog said:

Yeah, it's why I tend to ignore a lot of things Hasbro says about the story. I honestly think they shouldn't really get involved with the stories that much because they don't seem to care that much about them.

Yeah I mean for me I enjoy Prime much than I enjoyed playing War for Cybertron so I enjoy Prime more than War for Cybertron. I thought the game was alright but I really still want that "ultimate Transformers game" and it sadly wasn't it. I never bothered to get Fall of Cybertron since the first one felt lackluster to me. I have seen gameplay for it and that didn't make me want to buy it so there ya go.

#22 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

G1 specifically because of the movie...one of the single best animated movies ever made

fuqs yeah I have the special collectors edition on vhs and the 20th anniversary edition on dvd

plus I own g1, bw/bm, headmasters, masterforce and victory all on dvd

g2 was nothing but revamped episodes of g1 with added effects

#23 Posted by danhimself (22304 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

fuqs yeah I have the special collectors edition on vhs and the 20th anniversary edition on dvd

plus I own g1, bw/bm, headmasters, masterforce and victory all on dvd

g2 was nothing but revamped episodes of g1 with added effects

I pretty much stopped after the G1 series ended...once the Japanese took over it went in a really animeish direction that I didn't really care for

the only series that has been worth anything since Beast Wars has been Prime...the Unicron trilogy was horrible so was Robots in Disguise

Animated was fun while it lasted...it may have been aimed at young children but all of the G1 references were great and I loved the Transformer designs

#24 Edited by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

well the Japanese shows took over when season 3 in the states ended. so the 3-episode arc in season 4 never existed. my Japanese dvds are English dubbed. got them from a bootleg vendor at a comic con.

I seen part of an episode of prime and turned the channel, it was crap. they all look like bayformers which in itself was crap.

rid was crap too

#25 Posted by MrDirector786 (43414 posts) - - Show Bio

well the Japanese shows took over when season 3 in the states ended. so the 3-episode arc in season 4 never existed. my Japanese dvds are English dubbed. got them from a bootleg vendor at a comic con.

I seen part of an episode of prime and turned the channel, it was crap. they all look like bayformers which in itself was crap.

rid was crap too

I think you should give Prime more of a chance. Other than the robot designs, not much is that similar to the Michael Bay films. Personally, it is my favorite alongside Beast Wars.

#26 Edited by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

@umbrafeline said:

rid was crap too

I think you should give Prime more of a chance. Other than the robot designs, not much is that similar to the Michael Bay films. Personally, it is my favorite alongside Beast Wars.

sorry no can do. shows on satellite and I just have basic cable. plus if it didn't appeal to me at first chances are that im not giving it a second glance

#27 Posted by MrDirector786 (43414 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdirector786 said:

@umbrafeline said:

rid was crap too

sorry no can do. shows on satellite and I just have basic cable. plus if it didn't appeal to me at first chances are that im not giving it a second glance

Oh, okay then.

#28 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the origin of cybertron during beast machines. who knew that it was originally an organic planet? what happened to the organisms? and why is waspinator a bamf?

#29 Posted by laflux (14303 posts) - - Show Bio

The choices make me annoyed, because I love Transformers Cybertron as much as I loathe Energon, and the same goes for Beast Wars and Beast Machines. So with that said G1 and G2 for the win.

#30 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17605 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdirector786 said:

@umbrafeline said:

rid was crap too

You can watch the Prime episodes on You Tube that is where I watch em.

#31 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17605 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

The choices make me annoyed, because I love Transformers Cybertron as much as I loathe Energon, and the same goes for Beast Wars and Beast Machines. So with that said G1 and G2 for the win.

I am annoyed by the layout of this poll too. Am tempted to make my own.

#32 Posted by MrDirector786 (43414 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

I think we should make a new one. Though, we should probably ask the mods first if it will be alright.

#33 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17605 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

I think we should make a new one. Though, we should probably ask the mods first if it will be alright.

Stuff the mods! Long live the Coup!

#34 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

@umbrafeline said:

@mrdirector786 said:

@umbrafeline said:

rid was crap too

if it didn't appeal to me at first chances are that im not giving it a second glance

#35 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17605 posts) - - Show Bio

@umbrafeline said:

@mrdirector786 said:

@umbrafeline said:

rid was crap too

if it didn't appeal to me at first chances are that im not giving it a second glance

Alright was just saying you can watch it online.