• 50 results
#1 Posted by Racob7 (3726 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure what the technical definition of a toon is, but I'm fairly sure you know what I'm talking about.

Here's my favorite as an example:

Racob has spoken

#2 Posted by Extremis (2958 posts) - - Show Bio

Like a cartoon show?

That would be Green Lantern the animated series. Shame it got cancelled after only 2 seasons. Some of the best stuff WB has done as far as animated series go.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27263 posts) - - Show Bio

#4 Posted by Joygirl (15325 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (21276 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't name just one. It's impossible.

#6 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15626 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Edited by Fallschirmjager (11489 posts) - - Show Bio

File:Taz-Looney Tunes.svg

My grandpa nicknamed me Taz when I was a little boy because I use to run around crazy all the time :3

RIP Gramps.

#8 Posted by Racob7 (3726 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by AllStarSuperman (15626 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7 said:

@allstarsuperman: @extremis: By toons I mean toonforce characters like Bugs or Daffy.

if that's the case, none then, not really my style.

EDIT: Peter Griffin

#10 Posted by waezi2 (4931 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Samimista (20172 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by The Stegman (20703 posts) - - Show Bio

There's only one, true answer, the king of cartoons

#13 Edited by Jokergeist (4879 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by TifaLockhart (13827 posts) - - Show Bio

Daffy.

#15 Posted by Yokergeist (12273 posts) - - Show Bio

The Loony Toons Show

#16 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (8129 posts) - - Show Bio

@jokergeist: He meant things like Bugs Bunny, Popeye, Roadrunner, Daffy Duck, ect..

#17 Posted by Perethorn (2747 posts) - - Show Bio

Coyote is so badass, he is a boss.

I find Duck Dodgers, Courage, Monkey and The Animaniacs to be cool too.

#18 Edited by Jokergeist (4879 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by russellmania77 (13551 posts) - - Show Bio

So looney tUnes don't count?

#20 Edited by TheHipKid (7139 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Bugs and Freakazoid have been taken I'll pick

#21 Posted by GraniteSoldier (4451 posts) - - Show Bio

So much this.

#22 Posted by SMXLR8 (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

So much this.

THE MOUSE IS IN THE HOUSE , THE REAL KING HAS ARRIVED

http://images.celebrateexpress.com/mgen/merchandiser/42573.jpg?zm=1600,1600,1,0,0

#23 Edited by sabracadabra (461 posts) - - Show Bio

So many great ones to choose from. If i had to pick one, it would probably be Woody Woodpecker.Fat Albert would be close second :)

#24 Edited by RoyceLunar (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Mighty Mouse.

"Here I come to save the day!"

#25 Posted by The Stegman (20703 posts) - - Show Bio

@smxlr8: Man forget that boring mouse, Bugs has more charm in his white gloved pinky finger than Mickey has in his whole body.

#26 Posted by darkazrael999 (3671 posts) - - Show Bio

Original Ben 10 was effin' awesome.

Hate anything that came after.

#27 Posted by Deadite (16817 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm emotionally stunted because there're so many to choose from.

#28 Posted by Ostyo (4066 posts) - - Show Bio

Jokegeist. Best toon ever.

#29 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15626 posts) - - Show Bio

Original Ben 10 was effin' awesome.

Hate anything that came after.

I used to be like that, but I like the others too, original is by far the best.

#30 Posted by darkazrael999 (3671 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15626 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999:

Season 1: Secrets (Vilgax in action, enough said)

Season 2: Back with a Vengeance (Vilgax and Kevin 11 team up vs Ben with master control, heck yeah!)

Season 3: Ben 10,000 (They should make a Ben 10,000 show set in the original universe)

Season 4: Goodbye and Good Riddance (Non-canon for the spin-offs, but a very good episode)

#32 Posted by darkazrael999 (3671 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999:

Season 2: Back with a Vengeance (Vilgax and Kevin 11 team up vs Ben with master control, heck yeah!)

Season 3: Ben 10,000 (They should make a Ben 10,000 show set in the original universe)

Season 4: Goodbye and Good Riddance (Non-canon for the spin-offs, but a very good episode)

Yeah. Original Vilgax was pretty badass. I love that episode where Ghostfreak returns and that Ben 10 vs Negative 10 episode. :D

#33 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15626 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

@darkazrael999:

Yeah. Original Vilgax was pretty badass. I love that episode where Ghostfreak returns and that Ben 10 vs Negative 10 episode. :D

I was gonna say don't be afraid of the dark, that's one of my favorites as well. Season 2 is the best though, Galactic Enforcers, Framed, and ultimate weapon are all very good.

#34 Edited by SMXLR8 (1084 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15626 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Wolfrazer (4925 posts) - - Show Bio

He was trolling before it was cool.

#37 Posted by SMXLR8 (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: stop trying to make your opinion sound like a fact cause it's not a good look for you <_<

#38 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15626 posts) - - Show Bio

@smxlr8: Seriously though what's wrong with the original series, by far its the most "original", had the best animation, best character designs, best fight scenes, Best version of Vilgax. I don't see how you cant say its the best?

#39 Posted by SMXLR8 (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: um like I see you like bugs but your opinion does not help your case here it actually hurts you so here are the facts

1. The mouse came first ( I think)
  2. bugs is only really know by the old looney toons
  3. Mikey is more known world wide
  4. he has more respect then bugs
  5. he has been in many forms of media then bugs has

so what you want but if you want to prove that bugs is better then Mikey then be my guess but again not really.

"Man forget that boring mouse, Bugs has more charm in his white gloved pinky finger than Mickey has in his whole body."

Mikey is not boring bugs might be , Mikey has charmed the world can bugs do that? I didn't think so so all and all please stop talking since toy have no idea what your talking about and keep your fan boy opinion to your self if you have nothing good to say.

Man forget that boring Bunny, Mikey has more charm in his white gloved pinky finger than Bugs has in his whole body.

#40 Posted by SMXLR8 (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: there all good in their own way so stop trying to say your right cause you can't prove it

#41 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15626 posts) - - Show Bio

@smxlr8: well its my opinion, and I gave my reasons, now im asking you, why do you not think its the best?

#42 Posted by SMXLR8 (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: you had no point , but anyway the first one was good as the others , the story had a different feel to them so all and all it's all good

#43 Edited by AllStarSuperman (15626 posts) - - Show Bio

@smxlr8: ok, opinions are opinions, but you actually started this not me:

@smxlr8 said:

@allstarsuperman: not really in this case the original is not that best

If you didn't want to start anything, why say this?

#44 Posted by SMXLR8 (1084 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15626 posts) - - Show Bio

@smxlr8: oh course I think im right, its my opinion. your the one trying to disprove my opinion:

@smxlr8 said:

@allstarsuperman: not really in this case the original is not that best

#46 Posted by The Stegman (20703 posts) - - Show Bio

@smxlr8 said:

@the_stegman: um like I see you like bugs but your opinion does not help your case here it actually hurts you so here are the facts

1. The mouse came first ( I think)
  2. bugs is only really know by the old looney toons
  3. Mikey is more known world wide
  4. he has more respect then bugs
  5. he has been in many forms of media then bugs has

so what you want but if you want to prove that bugs is better then Mikey then be my guess but again not really.

"Man forget that boring mouse, Bugs has more charm in his white gloved pinky finger than Mickey has in his whole body."

Mikey is not boring bugs might be , Mikey has charmed the world can bugs do that? I didn't think so so all and all please stop talking since toy have no idea what your talking about and keep your fan boy opinion to your self if you have nothing good to say.

Man forget that boring Bunny, Mikey has more charm in his white gloved pinky finger than Bugs has in his whole body.

I didn't mean to offend you, or any Mickey fans, but I'll try to explain my words.

1. Yes, Mickey did come first, but coming first doesn't always mean you're better, after all, Superman came before Batman, but is he a better character? It's debatable.

2. Bugs Bunny is the face of Warner Bros just as Mickey is for Disney, he's known across the world for tv, movies (dude teamed up with Michael Jordan in Space Jam) toys, amusement parks (Six Flags) and comics. To say he's only known for Looney Tunes is like saying Mickey is only known for Disney cartoons, both have become moguls.

3. Again, both are known world wide. Just like Mickey, Bugs has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

4. He has YOUR respect more than Bugs, not everyone's.

5. See answer #2, both have been in all forms of media.

Now, to explain why I called Mickey boring. Mickey Mouse used to be entertaining in his earlier cartoons, he was a mischief maker, he wouldn't be afraid to act violently, he had a temper. But over the years Disney watered him down, they turned him into an "everyman" character. Now this isn't Mickey's fault, many cartoons had this, the everyman is supposed to make the viewer relate to them, they can't be too cruel or too nice, they can't be too smart, yet they can't be idiots either, for all intensive purposes, Mickey had no real personality besides "happy go lucky" because that's what audiences wanted.

Then Looney Tunes came along. We got characters like Daffy Duck, who was rude, crude, and unapologetic. We got loud, boisterous characters like Yosemite Sam and Foghorn Leghorn. And of course, we got, Bugs Bunny. He's not nice, he never looks for trouble, but he isn't afraid to defend himself when threatened. He's a wise guy, he's a smart aleck, he's fun to watch, unlike later Mickey who was pretty much. "Oh gee guys, ha, ha, we shouldn't do anything dangerous, it could upset younger viewers, ha, ha" Bugs didn't care, he'd dress up as a woman, kiss you, then drop an anvil on your head.

Hell, just being with Bugs makes Mickey more interesting:

That's the funniest Mickey has been in decades.

Of course, liking Bugs over Mickey is just my opinion, you may hate Bugs for the reasons I like him, but to me, Bugs Bunny is a far greater character than Mickey Mouse, though both are indeed icons.

#47 Edited by ntb101 (702 posts) - - Show Bio

Family Guy

#48 Posted by SMXLR8 (1084 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Edited by AllStarSuperman (15626 posts) - - Show Bio

@smxlr8: oh well I was just agreeing with the other guy, he's the one who said he hated the other series, I just said they weren't as good, imo.

#50 Posted by SMXLR8 (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't mean to offend you, or any Mickey fans, but I'll try to explain my words.

1. Yes, Mickey did come first, but coming first doesn't always mean you're better, after all, Superman came before Batman, but is he a better character? It's debatable.

2. Bugs Bunny is the face of Warner Bros just as Mickey is for Disney, he's known across the world for tv, movies (dude teamed up with Michael Jordan in Space Jam) toys, amusement parks (Six Flags) and comics. To say he's only known for Looney Tunes is like saying Mickey is only known for Disney cartoons, both have become moguls.

3. Again, both are known world wide. Just like Mickey, Bugs has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

4. He has YOUR respect more than Bugs, not everyone's.

5. See answer #2, both have been in all forms of media.

Now, to explain why I called Mickey boring. Mickey Mouse used to be entertaining in his earlier cartoons, he was a mischief maker, he wouldn't be afraid to act violently, he had a temper. But over the years Disney watered him down, they turned him into an "everyman" character. Now this isn't Mickey's fault, many cartoons had this, the everyman is supposed to make the viewer relate to them, they can't be too cruel or too nice, they can't be too smart, yet they can't be idiots either, for all intensive purposes, Mickey had no real personality besides "happy go lucky" because that's what audiences wanted.

Then Looney Tunes came along. We got characters like Daffy Duck, who was rude, crude, and unapologetic. We got loud, boisterous characters like Yosemite Sam and Foghorn Leghorn. And of course, we got, Bugs Bunny. He's not nice, he never looks for trouble, but he isn't afraid to defend himself when threatened. He's a wise guy, he's a smart aleck, he's fun to watch, unlike later Mickey who was pretty much. "Oh gee guys, ha, ha, we shouldn't do anything dangerous, it could upset younger viewers, ha, ha" Bugs didn't care, he'd dress up as a woman, kiss you, then drop an anvil on your head.

Hell, just being with Bugs makes Mickey more interesting:

That's the funniest Mickey has been in decades.

Of course, liking Bugs over Mickey is just my opinion, you may hate Bugs for the reasons I like him, but to me, Bugs Bunny is a far greater character than Mickey Mouse, though both are indeed icons.

Look I understand where your coming from but some things can't be denied that Mikey has more of a fame over bugs , what I said is some what what I think with some fact to it

1. I never said that , you did ( the being better thing)
  2. again that is not what I meant
  3. Mikey some what has that over bugs
  4. I like both of them , it's just that what you said was an insult. Look if you like bugs more fine but show Mikey the respect he deserves , if you bash him do it nicely
  5. I know that what I meant is that Mikey is some what more know for it then bugs is

OK let me make some things clear sure both of them are icons , it's just that Mikey might be more deserving of that titled. I don't hate bugs for the reason you like him which if you could tell me that would be great. To be honest when was the last looney toon game or show that really stuck out? Both of these 2 are flag ship characters but I say the order goes like this:

1. Superman
  2. Mikey
  3. Bugs
  4. Mario
  5. Sonic
  6. Anime Flag ships characters Example - Goku , Sailor Moon , Astro Boy , etc

All have something that makes them appeal to the masses. Some are timeless others still need to prove their self's before that title is theirs. Of course opinion plays a role here but between these 2 company's Disney is the more powerful one here which makes Mikey more of the popular one here.

It's not fair to compare the 2 of them , they are both great in their own way . Just because bugs has some things that you like does not mean Mikey is is 2nd banana. It makes more sense for Mikey to be 1st since he came out first . I am 99.9% sure that bugs has some aspects that are from Mikey which is understandable since he is a great character that changed through out the generations. You should not bring up other characters since that is not the point even if you meant as an example. Mikey has had more changes than bugs has also Disney is more family oriented which is why Mikey is a everyone character unlike bugs. Mikey is not boring whether you think so are not he is not since you can't really hate him that is where the charm comes from.

If you 2 of them had a crossover movie or show that would be awesome. Since both would complement each other and it would be a great success. For my last note I would like to say that neither of them is greater then the other so even it's that is your opinion that is false. We could back and forth on this but it's not going to get us no where so lets agree to dis agree but I don't think we need to do that since we understand where both are going with this.