Favorite Superhero and Why

bpgeraghty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bpgeraghty

We all got our favorites. Some because of their power, others their costume.....who is your favorite superhero and why?

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

This delightful little ball of repressed anger.
This delightful little ball of repressed anger.
utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By utotheg38

Cole Mcgrath

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Blood1991

I have 3

Storm- At first it was her powers that caught my eye, but then there was so much more to her when you go through her history. She is gentle, strong, willful and unique.

Captain America- He is a leader, an icon, and a man who despite losing everyone he ever loved he didn't fold he played the cards he was dealt and made a diffrence in a new age.

Hawkeye- Despite not having powers, and coming from a troubled past Clint was able to rise into one of the most prominent Avengers and go on to be a leader in his own right.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jhazzroucher

Ororo Munroe aka Storm is my favorite comic character because she has cool powers and great leadership. She also represents the minority.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided
Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Enemybird

He is a super hero in my mind ;P

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Strider1992

Can't decide out of these 3:

Kaine:

He's basically Spider-man without any restraints.

Midnighter:

Awesomness incarnate!

Taskmaster:

I know he's not really a hero but I like him anyway! His costume and abilities are pretty awesome.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Of course =] 

(Just some posts I wrote about Batman awhile ago, for the "why") 
Hey, I just wanted to get these on record where I can find them easy, because, not to toot my horn, I really liked them.  

We love Batman because he's the greatest fictional character of all time. He's layered in ways other characters can only dream of. Aside from Clark Kent, he's just about the only character who needs an encyclopedia entry for both his identities. He is the Ultimate Human; the perfect survivor. And yet, he's mentally disturbed, psychological unstable and emotionally fragile. He has adopted 4 children, and yet can't hold down a relationship due to trust issues. Despite being an Omen of Eternal Darkness; he is a fierce protector of the Innocent. Unlike many other characters whose motivation for doing good are psychotic, guilt-ridden or adrenaline-seeking, Bruce solely wants to help people. He treasures all life; even the life of those who deserve none. He wouldn't fight guys like Darkseid if they weren't a threat to ordinary people. But he does, he stands before gods and looks them in the eye, armed with little more than explosive batarangs, a kevlar suit and the most ingeniusly cunning mind in the Universe. People who crush planets fear the Batman, and that's his primary motivator. Fear. He is the Dark Knight; a terrible creature of the night, and yet his entire purpose of being is to prevent the tragedy that happened to him ever appearing again.  

He is the Dr Jekyll who wanted to create a Mister Hyde. 
He is Frankenstein and his monster. 
He is a monster and a man; and he is both at the same time.  

Bruce Wayne willingly sacrificed his life; in order to help others. Clark Kent, Wally West, Barry Allen, Princess Diana, hell, even J'onn, can live a life apart from their superhero existence. Bruce does not have that luxury. He is devoted to his ideal of the perfect crime-fighter; Batman. He cannot allow himself to be happy, because his purpose, which is driven by tragedy and the evils everpresent within humans, will be diminished. He is a character that is complex, riveting and emotionally gripping. He is a being above and beneath the gods he works beside. Superman and Wonder Woman may be able to move mountains, but Batman is a legend; he is a Legacy.  

And that on top of a trillion other reasons I may one day elaborate on; is the reason we love Batman.   

------------------- 

Have you read R.I.P? Even the highest of the high fear Batman, and it's not because he'll put them in Jail, it's because of what he is; he's the Omega Man. Look at the majority of his rogues; they're all either totally nuts and/or complete narcassists. To acknowledge that whatever you do, however you do it will be thwarted by a seemingly omnipresent demon of the night is genuinely frightening. Some of his long time foes may not act scared, but the fact is that Batman is always there, and that's what's terrifying. You never have a moment's peace, he is out there, he is watching you, and he will stop you from doing whatever it is you want to do (see Azzarello's marvelous Joker  graphic novel for a detailed showing of the power of paranoia). The Black Glove would have liked to believe they were untouchable, Jet believed she was; and Batman emotionally raped her by stealing the only thing she possessed of her childhood. To know that there is someone out there that knows EVERYTHING that you're doing, that knows EVERYTHING about you; you're telling me that's not terrifying? Not to mention that the reason most Rogues aren't in every issue is because they're nursing headaches and broken bones that I don't even want to think about. Because of their nature, these villains have to continually try to best the unbeatable man. No matter what they do; they're going to fail. The knowledge that your every single effort is futile; that your entire worthless life is made up of individual failures; to know that whilst alive you will never accomplish anything, and that as soon as you die you're going to Hell; that is damn scary.  

A quick and early death would have been a blessing. 
nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By nickthedevil

Spawn. i was introduced to him by my dad, when i was six. and at the time, it was a great way to connect to my dad because he wasn't around much. His work would keep him away too much, and i'd only get two or one day to see him.

as time went on it was just something i really liked. Spawn was my first comic book. and he's my favortie super.

No Caption Provided
Spawn #142
Spawn #142
No Caption Provided
jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jeanlucpicard

Easy, Wolverine.

My few favorites are:

Gambit

THor

Ironman

Captain America

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Don't really have one, but it's easily becoming Iron-Man, because he's a hero that actually has a very interesting character behind the suit: Tony Stark.

Wolverine is one too.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CrimsonCake

The Spirit

No Caption Provided

He's underrated.The movie from Frank miller did not do him any justice and They were actually planning to make an animated movie about him by the same guy who made The Iron Giant and The incredibles.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ssejllenrad

The man's man! Superman! And here's a very appropriate pic.

No Caption Provided
utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By utotheg38

utotheg38, that guy goes ham!!!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Ultimate Spider-Man (Peter Parker) because 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mekboy

Thor, only superhero comic I've ever read. Although only a few, I've really enjoyed what I read.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By minigunman123

It's a tie between Goku (hey, he counts,) Superman, Iron Man, Batman, Robin/Nightwing, Raven, aaaaand that's about it.

No Caption Provided

I love Superman's strength, his determination to do good, to always help his friends, and his kindness in doing it.

No Caption Provided

I love Iron Man's ingenuity, and genius intellect, that rival and even in many areas of science surpass Batman's.

No Caption Provided

I love Batman because he's the Dark Knight, he inspires fear, he understands what being a hero is about when you're not super powered, he fights for the little guy as much as the big guy, he is the stealthiest man in the world and he can think up a solution to any problem most others would cower at, and he's got good scientific knowledge. He is the most resourceful hero because he doesn't have super powered armor, super powers, or anything, he's got his brains, skills, and the advantage of enemies and acquaintances alike fearing him and respecting him. He is just incredible. He's also got an incredibly emotionally deep backstory, that in Christopher Nolan's films, especially with the incredible soundtrack... He's just a deep hero with a deep story. He will not rest when someone is being harmed and he can do anything about it.

No Caption Provided

Nightwing/Robin are some of my idols because he was like Batman in some ways, but he has a lighter attitude, a more natural emotional state, he's more capable of being a normal human. He's who I'd like to be in real life, if I was unable to be Batman (if I tried to be a superhero, anyway). He's very cool.

*No picture of Raven because both pictures I tried uploading WOULD NOT UPLOAD. Sad face.*

Raven, is... Complicated. She's the girl that thinks she's horrible, that thinks she's evil. She thinks she doesn't deserve to live. She can't love. She can't be sad, she can't feel anything. She wants to, and she COULD, but she can't risk it, and so she doesn't. I actually think if she could feel, and express the feelings to others much more freely, she'd be a very fearful person of herself, and she'd be easily hurt if she allowed herself to feel and reached out to others. She's in distress but can't say it. And yet... She is one of the most powerful, self reliant, incredible young women in DC comics. She's far from perfect, but everyone is; what makes Raven incredible is that she tries to do good, tries to help others even though it may be futile and pointless, even though she thinks she's horribly evil and her father could take over and destroy what she cares about most: her friends. She keeps her friends very close even if it doesn't seem like it, and never before has a better representation of such perfect dichotomies been personified in comic books in human history.

No Caption Provided

Goku! The man of the hour! He's my hero in some ways. He's kind, loving, and cares only to make others happy, despite his past affiliation with the single most dangerous race of aliens the galaxy had ever known. He's willing to sacrifice anything to keep his friends, family and the people of the galaxy safe from tyranny and harm, and while he is an incredibly kind and gentle soul, he seeks spiritual empowerment through meditation and martial arts training. He can protect anyone from anything; the man can teleport, he can block energy blasts, deflect them, destroy planets with his incredible power, and from the ashes of hopelessness, he turns out to be the legendary super saiyan, the one being that can destroy the evil tyrant Frieza. He turns into a vengeful warrior to protect or avenge his loved ones, he never once gives up, and he tries to make plans for the future to keep his friends safe; he tries to give others a chance to learn how to save the planet, for example Trunks and Goten. He makes mistakes, he wasn't the best father due to his skills and enemies, but he always tries to do what he believes is right. He said goodbye to Gohan and let him know he was proud one last time before leaving for 7 years, to return and try to teach others to save the earth from the greatest threat yet, so that they'll remain safe even when he's gone; but when that doesn't work, he pulls through with all their help to annihilate Majin Buu. He has the limitless power of the super saiyan, and his friends and family, to help him be the savior of the universe, the savior of Otherworld, and the greatest and most gentle fighter the Dragon Ball Z franchise will ever know.

But yeah, DBZ is still pretty cheesy at times XD not going to lie. Goku is still incredible though if you dig deep into his character.

UNIQUE69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By UNIQUE69

I would say batmans my favorite superhero since hes beaten all the other superhero's in comics.