Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

What's your favorite movie and why?

My favorite movie is probably Pulp Fiction. I thought it was an excellent movie. This movie can appeal to both the intellectual and the common man. Pulp Fiction also had a good balance of action, comedy, and plot and though it was out there it was realistic. I also love how it is told out of order and in the end you're like "Oh, that's how it goes."

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

OMG where do I start!? Well, the ones that definitely stand out when I think about it, are Cursed, because it was the first real werewolf film I ever saw, Ghost Rider, because my character's big-on-vengeanceness is based on him, Spidey3, because it was definitely the best of the trilogy, I'd have to say The Harry Potter films, because the storylines are really good, and there's gonna be seven of them, and there are so many spells that it makes me want to be a wizard.

And, I love the soccer movies Bend It Like Beckham, and She's the man, because I love Soccer and they show the determination people have for the sport. And I've always liked Deep Blue Sea, Cool death sequences and love any horror movie where some beast kills people. All the TMNT movies, the trilogy and the new one, because they're hilarious and they have awesome martial arts skills, after which my character's is based on. And then there's Transformers, cool transformation sequences and kinda funny.

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie and Turbo: a Power Rangers Movie, cuz I'm a Ranger fan at heart. Every Pokemon movie, because Pokemon frickin' rocks. Pretty much all the disney animated films, particularly Beauty aqnd The Beast(love the story and Beast awesome), Lilo and Stitch(funny and stitch is one of my favorite characters) Nightmare Before Christmas( Jack Skellington is frickin' sick!), and all of the Pirate films, especially the third one(johnny depp does a great sparrow and the storylines are great, lots of action, and overflowing with humor.). I pretty much love any disney movie, but those are my favorite.

The list goes on and on, I can't pick just one!

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Cryo-Wolf says:

"OMG where do I start!? Well, the ones that definitely stand out when I think about it, are Cursed, because it was the first real werewolf film I ever saw, Ghost Rider, because my character's big-on-vengeanceness is based on him, Spidey3, because it was definitely the best of the trilogy, I'd have to say The Harry Potter films, because the storylines are really good, and there's gonna be seven of them, and there are so many spells that it makes me want to be a wizard.And, I love the soccer movies Bend It Like Beckham, and She's the man, because I love Soccer and they show the determination people have for the sport. And I've always liked Deep Blue Sea, Cool death sequences and love any horror movie where some beast kills people. All the TMNT movies, the trilogy and the new one, because they're hilarious and they have awesome martial arts skills, after which my character's is based on. And then there's Transformers, cool transformation sequences and kinda funny.Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie and Turbo: a Power Rangers Movie, cuz I'm a Ranger fan at heart. Every Pokemon movie, because Pokemon frickin' rocks. Pretty much all the disney animated films, particularly Beauty aqnd The Beast(love the story and Beast awesome), Lilo and Stitch(funny and stitch is one of my favorite characters) Nightmare Before Christmas( Jack Skellington is frickin' sick!), and all of the Pirate films, especially the third one(johnny depp does a great sparrow and the storylines are great, lots of action, and overflowing with humor.). I pretty much love any disney movie, but those are my favorite.The list goes on and on, I can't pick just one!"

cryo exactly how old are you? those are good movies but they're kinda...kid movies

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

You got a problem with kid movies!? check my pro, says it all in the first paragraph. and read a lil bit, you might learn something.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Cryo-Wolf says:

"You got a problem with kid movies!? check my pro, says it all in the first paragraph. and read a lil bit, you might learn something."

No, I loved those movies as a little kid it's just that most people I know start watching more mature movies when they get older. I was in no way trying to diss you or anything.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rotten gun

enter the dragon... bruces greatest movie. little buddha... beautiful story. blade... i just love it

Avatar image for phantom_woodsman
Phantom Woodsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Phantom Woodsman

Cryo,

first let me say...Werewolves Rule! Cursed was good but there are some classics you should see.

In order of lychanthropic greatness:

1.American Werewolf in London

2.Wolfen

3.Underworld (the first not the second)

4.The Wolf Man

5.Wolf

6.American Werewolf in Paris

Just the tip of the Ice burg since I didn't include any of the "gems" from the 70's, but I think you'd really like those especially the first three.

"...beware the moon..."

Phantom Woodsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Phantom Woodsman

I also find MMPR the movie to be quite awesome as well as all of the TMNT movies.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Prodigal Son

The American Werewolf movies were great.

I don't think I could possibly tell you what my favorite movie is. My tastes are constantly changing, and so many great ones have been made.

Possibly my favorite is the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Not only because of how well done it was, but mainly because of the many childhood memories I have of the Narnia series. It's very close to my heart.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vrakmul

Transformers both the live action and animated one.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vrakmul

FINALY SOME ONE POSTED IT'S BEEN ONE DAMN HOUR!!

Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By Spectrum

The Shawshank Redemtion

Noir_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Noir_Dark

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

“You people voted for Hubert Humphrey, and you killed Jesus” Just one of the many many quotes you find yourself slipping into conversation after watching this movie.

Dr. Strangelove.

As far as I know the only comedy about starting a nuclear war.

Brazil.

Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle (played by Robert De Niro) maybe the BEST 'heating engineer/superhero' never to be in a comic.

Donnie Darko.

I didn't see that ending coming at all!

Sexy Beasts

Screw Gandhi. This was Ben Kingsly's greatest performance.

I gtg I'll edit more in later.

Post Edited:2007-07-14 09:32:46
Post Edited:2007-07-14 10:17:18

Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Boken

The Departed is on my favorite movie list beacuse i used to live in boston and happened to be at castle island where they were filming part of it. also its a powerful movie. i know they say that its not about whitey bulger, but common.

The Meteor Man i just thought it was funny.

all the Halloween movies except for Halloween 3. that one just plained sucked. i like the micheal myers flicks. they give me some sort of fright. un like friday the 13th i saw an old one that came out in like the 70's and damn it was horible.

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NiteFly

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"What's your favorite movie and why?My favorite movie is probably Pulp Fiction. I thought it was an excellent movie. This movie can appeal to both the intellectual and the common man. Pulp Fiction also had a good balance of action, comedy, and plot and though it was out there it was realistic. I also love how it is told out of order and in the end you're like "Oh, that's how it goes.""

I hate pulp fiction. Quentin Tarantino always tries to create such deep and artistic movies, and always fails so miserably. He just makes such amateur mistakes in his writing/directing.

Personally I don't know if I really have one favorite. A few that I really like are: Memento, Pi, Requiem for a Dream, an Heavy Metal.

Noir_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Noir_Dark

NiteFly says:

"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"What's your favorite movie and why?My favorite movie is probably Pulp Fiction. I thought it was an excellent movie. This movie can appeal to both the intellectual and the common man. Pulp Fiction also had a good balance of action, comedy, and plot and though it was out there it was realistic. I also love how it is told out of order and in the end you're like "Oh, that's how it goes.""

I hate pulp fiction. Quentin Tarantino always tries to create such deep and artistic movies, and always fails so miserably. He just makes such amateur mistakes in his writing/directing.

"

good.

You're gonna have to elaborate. I think the worst Tarantino has ever done was still pretty good. And Pulp Fiction is a masterpiece.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

OMG that's right! I forgot the Underworld movies!!!!!! Those too, and Van Helsing, because it has the triumvirate of monsters all in one with a really interesting story. And then National Treasure because I like the whole secret thing.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Scarface: Needs no explanition

Snatch: Funniest damn movie ever

Green Street Holigans: If ya dont know, ya dont know.

Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Spectrum

Scarface, yeah i agree really good,

god father alwell, i love that movie

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Final Arrow

God father trilogy.

Man On Fire.

Welcome to the jungle.

Untouchbles.

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Lady Tlieso

star wars (all of them), evil dead trilogy, serenity

Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Spectrum

also the Hannible sereis there really good but sort of dwindle out at the end ones.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

I also thought that Training Day was a good movie and I also love the Godfather trilogy and the first Star wars.

MuadDib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MuadDib
  1. Donnie Darko

2. Boondock Saints

3. Gladiator

4. Hero (w/ Jet Lee)

Tons of other ones, but no need to list them all...

Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Paragon

Pulp Fiction: Re-defined the way I think of le Big Mac.

The Big Lebowski: Probably one of the most quotable movies there is.

The Punisher: My favorite of the Marvel comic adaptations

Die Hard: I think that this is the king of all actions movies.

This Is Spinal Tap: "They go to 11." Funny then, still funny at Live Earth.

Li'l T-bo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By Li'l T-bo

To NiteFly -- I think Aronofsky is MUCH more amateur-ish than Tarantino, although I love both of their work. Tarantino's work at least flows, and has a laid-back humorous sense to it. Arguably they both make "mistakes" (whatever that means), but Tarantino's work takes itself A LOT less seriously than Aronofsky's.

Back to the topic at hand...this is hard...

1) Shaft (the original)

2) Dune

3) Goodfellas

4) Clockwork Orange

5) Jackie Brown

this list is subject to change at any time

Eternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Eternus

dune were some good movies... better books

Li'l T-bo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Li'l T-bo

dune = one movie. there was a miniseries too. and they did a speical edition of the movie, but it sucked.

and yes, the books are WAAAAAAY better. my fav (non-comic) fiction of all time. but i would never had read the books if it wasn't for the movie, so i've got to give david lynch his due.

and Toto did the soundtrack, so you know it's a winner.

Phantom Woodsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Phantom Woodsman

Boken says:

"The Departed is on my favorite movie list beacuse i used to live in boston and happened to be at castle island where they were filming part of it. also its a powerful movie. i know they say that its not about whitey bulger, but common. The Meteor Man i just thought it was funny. all the Halloween movies except for Halloween 3. that one just plained sucked. i like the micheal myers flicks. they give me some sort of fright. un like friday the 13th i saw an old one that came out in like the 70's and damn it was horible."

METEROR MAN!!! AWESOME!!

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NiteFly

Li'l T-bo says:

"To NiteFly -- I think Aronofsky is MUCH more amateur-ish than Tarantino, although I love both of their work. Tarantino's work at least flows, and has a laid-back humorous sense to it. Arguably they both make "mistakes" (whatever that means), but Tarantino's work takes itself A LOT less seriously than Aronofsky's."

Mistakes was probably not the best choice of words, what I mean is that he makes absolutely horrible choices that turn me off of all his flicks. Much like Kevin Smith, Tarantino seems to confuse overly verbose with intelligent. That is one of his biggest problems with Pulp Fiction. Kill Bill Volume 1 was admittedly o.k. (Although I found a few aspects of the film a bit tired. For example: the gushing blood from wounds detracted from the flow of the movie. Yes I understand where it comes from I just don't believe that it translated to film very well.) Kill Bill Volume 2 just drug in comparison. From Dusk Till Dawn started out strong, but went from a decent movie to a a laughably silly horror flick (no, horror doesn't have to be silly). I didn't bother to see Jackie Brown. Same with Death Proof because the idea of a purposefully campy c-rated horror film seems a bit trite to me.

I don't feel like going into Reservoir Dogs because I think it is one of the worst films he has made. For some reason he didn't screw up Sin City, but I attribute that to Miller and Rodriguez's influence.

As for the Aronofsky comparison I find that Aronofsky brings something new and refreshing to his movies, but I agree that in the process the cinematography often suffers. You also have to take into account the much lower budget that he generally works with. Tarantino, on the other hand, brings a lot of old things to his movies in only marginally new ways.

Note that my hate of Tarantino is probably not completely Tarantino's fault. I am just tired of hearing of him. I never found him as fresh and intelligent as people make him out to be, but that's just me. The real problem I have developed over the years is probably a result of his rabid fans. Tarantino fans (much like many Monty Python fans) seem to think that if you don't like his work that you just "don't get it" often because you just aren't intelligent enough to get it. These same people ironically don't understand the difference between appreciating someone's work and enjoying it. I think that it is that attitude that has made me completely tired of him.

Post Edited:2007-07-15 10:49:01

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rotten gun

tarrintino and rodriguez movies are fantastic, i guess its as simple as you get it or you dont

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NiteFly

Rotten gun says:

"tarrintino and rodriguez movies are fantastic, i guess its as simple as you get it or you dont"

Unless you are joking that is exactly the sort of condescension that has made me so tired of him. It is not about "getting it". It is possible to "get it" and still not enjoy it.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

NiteFly says:

"Rotten gun says:
"tarrintino and rodriguez movies are fantastic, i guess its as simple as you get it or you dont"

Unless you are joking that is exactly the sort of condescension that has made me so tired of him. It is not about "getting it". It is possible to "get it" and still not enjoy it."

I don;t know about you but his movies are original and are amazing. He has yet to disappoint me.

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By NiteFly

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"NiteFly says:
"Rotten gun says:

Unless you are joking that is exactly the sort of condescension that has made me so tired of him. It is not about "getting it". It is possible to "get it" and still not enjoy it."

I don;t know about you but his movies are original and are amazing. He has yet to disappoint me."

Nothing wrong with that.

Li'l T-bo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Li'l T-bo

I'm with you NiteFly, thanks for clarifying. We'll just have to agree to disagree -- I love all his flicks. He didn't direct From Dusk 'Til Dawn I don't think.

Coincidence that I'm a Monty Python fan?

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By NiteFly

Li'l T-bo says:

"I'm with you NiteFly, thanks for clarifying. We'll just have to agree to disagree -- I love all his flicks. He didn't direct From Dusk 'Til Dawn I don't think.Coincidence that I'm a Monty Python fan?"

Ironic that I am a Die Hard Monty Python fan? I didn't bring them up because I don't like them, I just don't like the condescending attitude taken by most of their American fans. I own most everything they have ever done.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#37  Edited By Darkchild

hmmm good question fav movie

Serenity just cause it gets me going i get all pumped up after watching the ending of it

also the Protector since it gets me all pumped up to play 15 hours of a fighting games

Li'l T-bo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Li'l T-bo

Hehe, no I totally know what you mean. I'm guilty of that too.

I was recommend you check out Jackie Brown -- since it's an adaptation of an Elmore Leonard book & therefore not conceptualized by tarantino, maybe you'll like that better?

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NiteFly

Li'l T-bo says:

"Hehe, no I totally know what you mean. I'm guilty of that too.I was recommend you check out Jackie Brown -- since it's an adaptation of an Elmore Leonard book & therefore not conceptualized by tarantino, maybe you'll like that better?"

Never know. I believe I actually have it somewhere and have never been able to bring myself to watch it. I may give it a try if I find time before school is in session.

amberlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

#40  Edited By amberlove

I personally have never liked a Quentin Tarrantino movie. I like his stuff is godawful.

1. Jaws - brilliant moviemaking; live shark footage that the sequels were lacking; excellent cast.

2. Galaxy Quest - just because it's so darn fun

I like a lot of "entertaining" movies that might not be considered good movies but that I just love to watch: Constantine, Hellboy, Van Helsing...

Chick flicks: Practical Magic, While You Were Sleeping, How Harry Met Sally

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The_Martian

Spaceballs, Blazing Sadels, Vacation(all of them), Just Friends, Back to the Future(all of them), Hot Shots(both), Loaded Weapon, etc.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42  Edited By Sparda

The Matrix trilogy, Terminator 1 and 2 ( Three sucked), James Bond (it's almost all good), Original Star Wars trilogy, Indiana Jones trilogy, Evil Dead 3, and way too many more. I've seen a lot of movies. YES, I do know that they're making another Indiana Jones.

Eternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Eternus

that barbie cartoon i watched yesterday with my cousin XD

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

I also like John Q and Friday 1 and 2

Inferno Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Inferno Kid

Matrix trilogy and Spaceballs

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sling Shot

Purple Rain, dope music , peculiar people.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Has anyone seen Clerks 2?

Avatar image for blackcatfan1979
BlackCatfan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BlackCatfan1979

I have so many favorites it's hard to pick one. But if i had to. i would have to say JAWS.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#49  Edited By Darkchild

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Has anyone seen Clerks 2?"

got it an love it

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts