Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Knightly1

Simply: Which game did you like best?
I must say that I loved Final Fantasy X, but my all time favorite had to be XIII.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jhazzroucher

Seven: There are so a lot of interesting characters on it. and the movie was cool.

I want to add.

My second favorite is XIII. Lightning, Hope and Vanille are awesome characters.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ssejllenrad

Here's how I rate them from top to lowest:

FF6

FF7, FF Tactics

FF9, FF12

FF8

FF10, FF13, FF Tactics Advance 1 & 2, FF12 Rvenenat Wings

FF3, FF4, FF5

FF2

FF1

FF10-2

Have not played FF11 so I didn't rank it.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Greatest Game of All Time 
Greatest Game of All Time 
Followed by (the ones I've played, in order of greatness); 
  • X
  • XII
  • IV
  • VI
  • IX
  • VIII
  • XIII (TERRIBLE)
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ssejllenrad

A bit off-topic: Clearly a lot of people's fave is FF7 (not me, but it's still top for me) then why the hell would Square make a PS3 tech demo of FF7 if they're not gonna remake it anyway? I'm so maaaaad!

Underwaterlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Underwaterlad

@ssejllenrad: It was to demonstrate the huge leap in quality that the PS3 brought; Sony wanted to use a well known cut-scene to do it. They made it quite clear that it was just a tech demo, and not an advertisement. Still...a Final Fantasy VII remake would be very, very nice.

And in keeping with the topic, my favourite is FF IV.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By TheGoldenOne
FF XII and FF VII.
SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmoothJammin

How the fk did u guys know I was playing final fantasy?? Just got back from the sportsbar and I just know unlocked my golden chocobo in 7!! Seeking out the KOTR Materia as I type :D

Underwaterlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Underwaterlad

@SmoothJammin: Well done, sir.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

FF8

FF7

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Mekboy

FF 9

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By RainEffect

Final Fantasy X was absolutely amazing.

I clocked up 210 hours on one file (I still have my PS2 and memory card). Half of that 210 was Blitzball, that is just ridiculously addictive.
I used to have the dedication to train my team to face the Penance. I could get him down to his 'second stage' but he would murder me with that Immolation attack.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iLLituracy

III/VI

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ssejllenrad

A lot of you may say I'm weird or something but what exactly makes FFX so special? I mean yeah it's a good game but in my eyes, it's pretty much a generic FF in comparison to others. I'm not questioning your preference to X. I just want to know what made you fave it. Perhaps I just missed a great part or something like that.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By DH69

FFVII, everything after eight is crap.

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mekboy

@RainEffect: I agree, I played blitzball til i nearly went bankrupt lol

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sissel

Almost all of it. I'm an FF fan so to speak.

Underwaterlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Underwaterlad

@ssejllenrad: I agree that FFX was generic, but only in a few areas. The character design - aside from a couple of the bosses and summons - wasn't anything special, and the setting wasn't spectacularly original, but rather an amalgamation of some of the older styles. I think the reason so many people enjoy it - myself included - is because of the battle and level up systems. FFX did away with the slow ATB system and replaced it with something much more fast-paced that injected a sense of urgency into the fights. And not only that, but characters constantly level up, and the sphere grid system allowed players to customize the stats of their characters rather than watch them rise arbitrarily. It was a departure from the classic RPG setup and I think that's what made it attractive to a much larger audience than the previous titles.

Avatar image for thenooseisloose
TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose

7, anyone that disagrees is a terrorist.
realsilverjunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By realsilverjunk

10, anyone who disagrees is a blasphemer.

Avatar image for apatheticavenger
ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -3

#21  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

VI, IX, VII, IV, and X, in that order.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OmegaDynasty

FF Tactics

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ssejllenrad
@OmegaDynasty said:

FF Tactics

Have you played the remake? I heard it's good. But I got no psp so I won't know.
jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jeanlucpicard

X was the best. and X-2 wasn't that bad.

randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of you may say I'm weird or something but what exactly makes FFX so special? I mean yeah it's a good game but in my eyes, it's pretty much a generic FF in comparison to others. I'm not questioning your preference to X. I just want to know what made you fave it. Perhaps I just missed a great part or something like that.

So many things to me. All of the 7 main characters, and even secondary characters had very individual personalities, and plenty of character development. I can always tell when someone trashes X who hasn't played it before when they call Tidus whiny or a big wuss. He was somewhat at the beginning, but he had good reason to be. If you appreciate character development and emotional connections to characters, then FFX is an amazing game. Honestly, I can't even watch the ending without at least tearing up.

In gameplay, you could customize your characters far more than any previous FF game. The Sphere Grid allowed you to truly decide what your characters could do, instead of an arbitrary level up system. Any of the characters could fill any roll on your team. You don't have to use one specific character for say your white magic. Most of those spells are in Yuna's initial section, but anyone can go down her line eventually as well.

The soundtrack in the game, and the cut scenes blew me away too.

tasir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By tasir

Final Fantasy X

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SC  Moderator

@ssejllenrad said:

I think it may be an age thing, because a lot of my friends have that game as their favorite basically because it was the first one they go into, which is something that can generally ring true of any version of the game to some degree, and there was also a significant technological leap from PS1 Final Fantasy's and PS2 Final Fantasy's. Oh and see many of them did go back and enjoy FF VII as well but I am pretty sure only half of those really really got wrapped up in the characters and plot and the other half sort of just recognize its historic value. Like I haven't played 6 yet but a lot of people I respect have and so I consider the game one of the best despite not having played it.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SC  Moderator

I liked all of the FF games I played except FF13 - 2. Ugh. My personal preference order would be 9, 7, and 12 tied, then 13, then 10 and 8 and 10 - 2.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I love Lightning so I'm Biased, but i hearts 9,10,7

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SC  Moderator

@fuchsia_nightingale said:

I love Lightning so I'm Biased, but i hearts 9,10,7

You are excited for Lightning Returns? I am, I really really can't wait. Its my most looking to fowardy game game.

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: Yep high paws

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Probably going to get hate for saying this, but I felt the series peaked at Final Fantasy VI, and everything after that kind of sucked, and most other JRPGs went down with it. The whole gloomy loser "it's all my fault thing" thing was never a great plot to begin with, and now that it's done hundreds of times just makes it obnoxisous. JRPGs should really stop trying to copy Final Fantasy and just do their own thing (which makes Mother 3, Etrain Odyssey and Dark Cloud so damn great). That being said I'd say my favourite is definately Final Fantasy VI (possibly the best JRPG ever). Then V, then IV, then III.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AweSam

FFX, FF7-Crisis Core, FF7, and FF8. Currently playing FF9 on my phone, but I'm not enjoying it.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Final Fantasy X for sure. Runner-ups would be VI, IX, and XII.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By Bruxae

This is the order of the ones ive played (Remember), 1 being the best.

1. FFVI
  2. FFVII
  3. FFXII
  4. FFXIII
  5. FFIX
  6. FFX
  7. FFVIII
  8. FFX-2
  9. FFXIII-2
BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#36 BumpyBoo  Moderator

FF VIII

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SC  Moderator

@fuchsia_nightingale said:

@sc: Yep high paws

**high paws back**

I really like her new costume, she looks like a gothic warrior knight queen. Plus I love the games city architecture. For some reason this thread makes me really happy, all these fans of the games, I feel like questioning everyone over their favorite characters, summons, monsters, moments, songs, villains, locations, mini games are heh heh.

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: really like her new costume, she looks like a gothic warrior knight queen.

Me too ^-^ awww be sure to take notes ^-^

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@kingofash: Even though VII is my favorite I absolutely love VI and think it deserves more credit than what it gets. Honestly, I think I'm one of the few VII fans who would rather have a proper remake of VI first on a console before VII. I love how VI has multiple main characters and the love story between Locke and Rachel is very tragic. Plus I believe VII did took inspiration from VI with it's story? There's also Aerith's Theme which was simply a remix of Aria De Mezzo Carattere. Also, kudos for mentioning Mother 3. Love the Mother series. Really hope Nintendo brings Mother 3 out of Japan someday.

My answer regarding to the thread question;

I first got into the series six years ago. I knew of the series beforehand but due to Kingdom Hearts. Always been a gamer but, I didn't really get moved in an emotional way until I played VII that my older brother who actually grew up on the franchise (I'm 17 now but was 11 when I got into the series so I didn't necessarily grew up with it like someone in their 20s may of). It takes quite a lot to get myself interested in a hobby but gaming's always been something that I'm passionate about and get easily absorbed into.

Even more ironic I watch the soap opera General Hospital with my mom since I was fairly young (my username is inspired by a character's nickname on the soap actually) and my favorite character on there Jason Morgan, was played (he left last year) by Steve Burton who voice acted Cloud who was the first video game character I felt emotionally attached to.

It's funny really, up until last summer I disliked Aerith heavily as I was a major Cloti fan (still ship it but lean more to Clerith nowadays) but, the older I got, the more I started to understand the plot of VII and began to appreciate both of the female characters more. I don't really like Cloud out of the original VII as personally, I felt the character development was wasted since at the end of VII he grew stronger and was looking forward to the future whereas Advent Children completely forgot about this.

Besides VII, my other two favorite would be X and VIII. I also like IV and VI but, I'll focus on my first three favorites for this.

I know a lot of people dislike Tidus due to his personality but I feel he progressed as the story went on. We started out with the son of the superstar father who was a bit young and was unaware of his surroundings but over time he became a mature young man who was selfless.

I do feel the relationship between him and Yuna was a bit forced but, I like Yuna's character in X (notice how I only mention X). Many people claim she's weak but I think she has inner strength for wearing a smile to everyone when I'm sure she must feel pressured by the people of Spira to liberate themselves from the pain they suffer from Sin.

The first line; "Listen to my story, this may be our last chance." is ironic considering that X is a story of it's own. Matter of fact, I'd personally suggest it to new players of the series since Tidus could symbolize the player with how he's new to the land of Spira and is learning their ways after he adjusted to Zanarkand. Personally, I consider X to have the most tragic ending of all video games. No matter how many times I see it, I can't help but cry over it.

My third favorite would be VIII that's overshadowed by VII it seems. I like how the theme of VIII is fate and how everything ties in together throughout life. I feel VIII has the most mature love story of the series since the rest (with an exception of a few of course) usually revolve around first loves while as the love story with Laguna shows that life goes on after losing your first love. I really wish we saw more of Julia since I do prefer her over Raine but, I liked seeing how Raine and Laguna's relationship bloomed.

I never really liked Quistis and wish that Ellone was apart of the main party instead. Especially considering she played such a vital role. Edea I absolutely love but kinda wish she was kept as a villain since the series does need a strong entertaining female villain. Though, I do like her playing the motherly role as Matron as well. Plus, let's not forget Headmaster Cid is secretly Robin Williams in disguise.

A lot of people say Squall and Rinoa had a cute love story. Personally, I do like both characters but felt there has been better love stories in the series. Though, it is nice to see how Rinoa helped Squall come out of his shell more.

I actually picked up piano three weeks ago thanks to Nobuo Uematsu. Apart of the reason why these three are my favorite of the series is due to the soundtracks. Nobuo is very magical and knows how to touch people emotionally with how his work speaks for themselves.

My other favorites besides these three; IV, VI and IX.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VII

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Coolest Character ever..........

No Caption Provided
frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Coolest Character ever..........

No Caption Provided

I really wish he was the main character rather than Vaan.

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

III or IV.

That would be the Japanese numberings.