Home from school, homework finished, dinner devoured

*Guitar riff starts*

"Dragon dragon want the dragon Dragon Ball Z...."

#53 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

The year: 1999.

*Guitar riff starts*

Nostalgia factor over 9000, my day has been made.

#54 Posted by Pyro_Jack (345 posts) - - Show Bio

#55 Edited by KingOfAsh (3610 posts) - - Show Bio

#56 Edited by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyro_jack: Blue Exorcist has the best OST out of everything I've heard.

@kingofash: That song just gives me feels

#57 Edited by DoomDoomDoom (4248 posts) - - Show Bio

#58 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17304 posts) - - Show Bio

I skip openings..

#59 Edited by KingOfAsh (3610 posts) - - Show Bio

#60 Posted by Pyro_Jack (345 posts) - - Show Bio

#61 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio
#62 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Ten times better then the new series

#63 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17304 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightrise said:

The year: 1999.

*Guitar riff starts*

Nostalgia factor over 9000, my day has been made.

Yup. That is the only opening I never skipped :D

#64 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

Also, as a fan of Naruto, this opening used to make me tear up when I thought of the bond Naruto and Sasuke had and lost

Opening 5 is not one of my favorites but damn, that arc was my favorite of everything Naruto I've seen so far

also, can we do a thread for endings? there's some pretty good ones too

but I gotta admit I judge more based on the music of the opening/ending than the actual visual sequence

my current number 1 opening is Shingeki No Kyojin's 1. it's just so epic and the FEELS omg

how come no one posted it yet?

#65 Posted by Loki9876 (3045 posts) - - Show Bio

#66 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't even a competition.

#67 Posted by slacker the hacker (7838 posts) - - Show Bio
#68 Edited by QueenCorp15 (1034 posts) - - Show Bio

Pokemon ftw

#69 Posted by Loki9876 (3045 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Edited by scorpion2501 (5815 posts) - - Show Bio

Baccano!

#71 Edited by slacker the hacker (7838 posts) - - Show Bio

@loki9876 said:

@slacker_the_hacker: Uhmm no, sorry. I saw the anime though.

You should read the novels.

You miss out on quite a bit if you don't.

Like this great guy!

#72 Posted by MrDirector786 (43552 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a few of mine.

#73 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdirector786: you seem to know a lot about gundam. can you tell me what I should watch? someone told me about it and I'm kinda interested but I don't know how many series there are and what is worth watching

#74 Edited by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

@slacker_the_hacker: I was thinking about purchasing the novels? Would it be worth it if I've already seen the anime would I be reliving the exact same experience? Or would I gain something unique some extra depth??

#75 Edited by slacker the hacker (7838 posts) - - Show Bio

@slacker_the_hacker: I was thinking about purchasing the novels? Would it be worth it if I've already seen the anime would I be reliving the exact same experience? Or would I gain something unique some extra depth??

The novels aren't for sale unless you live in like Japan or something.

But translations for just about all of them are online here. I can give you the links if you want?

Anyway as for your question.

The Baccano! Novels far surpass the anime.

The anime covers only the first three books and they butcher the 3rd quite a bit. In fact they leave out elements in anime for even the Flying Pussyfoot and Szilard stuff to.

The anime only makes up the first 3 arcs of Baccano!

There is still so much more after that the anime didn't get a chance to go into. Like the stories set in Alcatraz which of course is about Ladd, Huey, ????? and ????? (Spoilers of who else goes there)

Also the Slash arcs which introduces entire new characters like Christopher. Besides in the novel characters like Elmer, Huey and all the immortals get more development and screen time. Such as Huey's past in the 1700s.

Plus there are books set in 2001 and 2002

You get so much more with the novels.

#76 Edited by MrDirector786 (43552 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

@mrdirector786: you seem to know a lot about gundam. can you tell me what I should watch? someone told me about it and I'm kinda interested but I don't know how many series there are and what is worth watching

Well, to be honest I myself only just got back into the franchise. When I was younger I watched some series like G Gundam and Gundam Seed but I think after SD Gundam (which was crap) I actually lost interest for a while. Recently, I decided to watch Mobile Suit Gundam 00 on a whim because I read about it a little and it interested me and found I really enjoyed it so I'm now planning to go back and watch a lot of the other Gundam shows. I think you should ask @danhimself because he seems to know more about Gundam than me.

Though, here's a list on wikipedia of every Gundam show if you want.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gundam#Animated_series_and_films

#77 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio
#78 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

Well, to be honest I myself only just got back into the franchise. When I was younger I watched some series like G Gundam and Gundam Seed but I think after SD Gundam (which was crap) I actually lost interest for a while. Recently, I decided to watch Mobile Suit Gundam 00 on a whim because I read about it a little and it interested me and found I really enjoyed it so I'm now planning to go back and watch a lot of the other Gundam shows. I think you should ask @danhimself because he seems to know more about Gundam than me.

thanks! I'll check wikipedia and see. I'll also wait for @danhimself to say something :D thanks though!!!

#79 Posted by danhimself (22539 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

@mrdirector786 said:

@jorgevy said:

thanks! I'll check wikipedia and see. I'll also wait for @danhimself to say something :D thanks though!!!

I for the most part enjoy the non Universal Century stuff more...The Universal Century timeline is the main timeline that started Mobile Suit Gundam series and covers something around 15 series and I've really tried to get into it but with the series having started back in 1979 it's a little more....drawn out...and I can't get into the animation either...I really like the newer stuff with the computer enhanced animation...Gundam 00 is my favorite and probably my favorite anime yet...it's only 2 seasons and there's nothing before it so you can just watch the show and not have to worry about any cannon plus the Gundam designs are my favorite so far....I also like Gundam Unicorn...it is set in the U.C. Timeline and there are some references to past shows but I figured out enough on wiki's to not be so confused...it's only 6 episodes and the best part is that they're available on the PSN and you can get the dubbed or subbed versions...I guess that at the end of the day though the best thing to do is just do a little research on wiki's and on youtube and see which series draws you in the most

#80 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: ah... nice explanation and thanks! will do. I'll search the wiki's a bit and see what seems more interesting but I'll definitely check Gundam 00, seems to be good

#81 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio
#82 Posted by slacker the hacker (7838 posts) - - Show Bio

@slacker_the_hacker: Hmm okay i'm convinved can you throw some links my way?

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Baccano

http://untuned-strings.blogspot.com/p/index.html

http://anonspore.blogspot.com/search/label/Baccano

Also the order

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Baccano!_light_novels

Oh and there is something else you might want to know.

The author of Baccano! Ryogho Narita actually has 5 other series besides Baccano! Four of them are set in the same world as Baccano! Of course they are different but same world. If your interested in those..........

#83 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17422 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok here's my list. Some of which may or may not be listed in this thread (I have all 12 on my list open in a tab and flash player is failing to load the videos on this page ATM LOL). I tried to do a top 5, but then had to settle for top 10...before stopping at 12 for fear I might go on for a long time - lol.

12: Pokemon Opening 1. I was tempted to put this at 1, just to troll people but nah. Being on the list is enough. Quite simply this opening is iconic and amazing. If you are any kind of Pokemon fan you know this to be true. GOTTA CATCH EM ALL

11: Devil May Cry opening. The anime was meh, but the instrumental song was amazing and the imagery was solid. Its a good opening that you can appreciate even when you dislike the anime.

10. Crest of the Stars. This anime is so UNDERRATED AS HELL. Simply one of the best anime of all time that no one knows about. Its a deep and rich story. And the opening is very powerful and ominous. My only regret is I can't find a good quality version.

9. Sword Art Online. This opening benefits most from technology of any on my list. The visuals are simply terrific. The song is not for everyone (include I), but it matches the tone of the series very well.

8. Full Metal Panic! Another anime that is underrated as hell. One of the best well-rounded anime I've ever had the pleasure of watching - it has something for everyone. And the opening captures this so well utilizing a diverse group of shots from the anime put together by a song that just seems to fit.

7. Samurai Champloo. The song is what makes this opening what it is: great. The visuals are not bad by any means, but the underground hip-hop song Battlecry carries this opening into my top 12. I don't like hip-hop at all, but I know a good song when I hear one.

6. Black Lagoon. Red Fraction is another terrific anime song. Its fast and hits hard. The chaotic imagery in the opening blends so well. The opening also has a heavy dose of Revy - one of the best anime characters ever. Black Lagoon like its opening is simply awesome.

5. Tenjou Tenge. The first time you watch this you'll probably say "what in the actual fuck did I just watch". I don't know that there is a more unique opening ever made. Although hard to put in words, all you know is this opening is awesome. (Or maybe its just the break dancing and sillyness)

4. Elfen Lied. Powerful imagery and music. I don't know the name of the song (its in latin) but this opening is simply beautiful. It makes you feel like you want to cry.

3. Neon Genesis Evangelion. This is perhaps one of the most iconic and beloved openings EVER. I don't know if there is a more widely recognized phrase in terms of penings than "Zankoku na tenshi no you ni...Shonen yo, shinwa ni nare"

2. Ghost in the Shell, Stand Alone Complex - Words can barely describe this. Its absolutely breath taking. The music, the imagery. I love how it looks like a video game and epitomizes cyberpunk.

1. Cowboy Bebop - 3, 2, 1, LETS JAM

#84 Posted by KingOfAsh (3610 posts) - - Show Bio