#1 Posted by warlock360 (27909 posts) - - Show Bio

I think i found a way to actually move faster than the determined speed of light. Imagine a river, or a waterfall, flowing at the same speed, all the time. Now when the river gets streamed into a smaller place to flow through, it has to utilize more pressure to make the same amount of water flow through there. So heres my theory, what if we would take a normal light (such as the light of a light bulp or a flashlight) and take away the other options to where it could shine to, spread. Simply concentrating the light in one line, doing the same as with the river. (Virtually speaking, as i later found out, is the same as the already invented "Laser")

Now, in my theory, a laser is faster than the speed of light. And could be measured in a new kind of Richter scale

As in : LS001
            LS002

Etc. (LS being Laser Speed, the numerics standing for the magnitude of compression making it flowing in a faster motion)

Well, correct me if I'm wrong...

#2 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

Too complicated for me

#3 Edited by lionheart (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

go on..........

#4 Posted by warlock360 (27909 posts) - - Show Bio

Now all that we need to do is measure a laser...

#5 Posted by supertrooper117 (1867 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"I think i found a way to actually move faster than the determined speed of light. Imagine a river, or a waterfall, flowing at the same speed, all the time. Now when the river gets streamed into a smaller place to flow through, it has to utilize more pressure to make the same amount of water flow through there. So heres my theory, what if we would take a normal light (such as the light of a light bulp or a flashlight) and take away the other options to where it could shine to, spread. Simply concentrating the light in one line, doing the same as with the river. (Virtually speaking, as i later found out, is the same as the already invented "Laser")

Now, in my theory, a laser is faster than the speed of light. And could be measured in a new kind of Richter scale

LS002

Etc. (LS being Laser Speed, the numerics standing for the magnitude of compression making it flowing in a faster motion)

Well, correct me if I'm wrong..."
whether or not you use a focused bean or not it wont increased the speed because pressure and gravity dont apply to Light. So... your theory imo is incorrect 
#6 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever and I discussed this in the thread Zoom vs. Spider-Man. We came up with multiple theories but I don't yours would work, light doesn't behave like water.

#7 Posted by warlock360 (27909 posts) - - Show Bio
supertrooper117 said:
"Voidheart said:
"I think i found a way to actually move faster than the determined speed of light. Imagine a river, or a waterfall, flowing at the same speed, all the time. Now when the river gets streamed into a smaller place to flow through, it has to utilize more pressure to make the same amount of water flow through there. So heres my theory, what if we would take a normal light (such as the light of a light bulp or a flashlight) and take away the other options to where it could shine to, spread. Simply concentrating the light in one line, doing the same as with the river. (Virtually speaking, as i later found out, is the same as the already invented "Laser")

LS002

Well, correct me if I'm wrong..."
whether or not you use a focused bean or not it wont increased the speed because pressure and gravity dont apply to Light. So... your theory imo is incorrect "
Well, for the sake of argument lets say we're in Zero Gravity (space)

Super-Buster said:
"Forever and I discussed this in the thread Zoom vs. Spider-Man. We came up with multiple theories but I don't yours would work, light doesn't behave like water."
Actually, if you bundle light, you can see it manifest itself. So it does, plus the heat that is carried through, increases as well.
#8 Posted by warlock360 (27909 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like i'm 50 years late lol there already is such a thing, called a "tachyon"