Fan theories

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DCsuperman0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DCsuperman0007

i will start

willy wonka makes candy out of children

Willy Wonka is a pretty creepy character, no doubt. The book is known for a rather dark nature in how it handles naughty kids. In the story, other candy makers are jealous of Wonka's success and send spies to uncover the secrets of his factory. In fear of being ruined, he fires all of his employees and closes the factory. Five years later, it reopens with a new staff comprised of discolored and identical African pygmies called "Oompa Loompas". I understand hiding a secret recipe to making candy, but it isn't that difficult. Thousands of people work for Coca-Cola but only two people know what the recipe to coke reall is. What kind of terrible secrets could Wonka be hiding in the factory? This theorist believes that Wonka's various candies are made from children.

Wonka is not neseccarily evil; he just has a very messed up scale of morality where he designs his tour to try and tempt each children with a karmic fate to evalute if they are worthy of living or not by setting up traps or gambits which kills them. Augustus Gloop can't control his gluttony when he gets to the Chocolate Room and falls into the chocolate river, and is sucked up a large pipe. That's a fairly large pipe. Large enough for a Human being. Why would you make it that big for the chocolate river? Wonka set it up so that children are easily transported throughout the factory through these pipes to the various rooms. We see a similar mechanic again with the Nut Room, where there is a large tube that connects to an incinerator. The Nut Room has a bunch of squirrels testing walnut out to see if they are a "bad nut". Veruca Salt wants to have one of the squirrels, but Wonka denies her the request, so she tries to take one for herself. Wonka hardly tries to hide his murderous intents with this one and Veruca is thrown into the chute by the entire squirrel squad. The squirrels are trained to work together in dragging people into the chutes, apparently.

Before this, the group travels to the Inventing Room where Wonka shows off the "Three-Course Dinner Chewing Gum", a dangerous, experimental candy which has the side-effect of turning people into blueberries. Violet, boasting she can consume it and being prideful, grabs the gum and turns into a giant blueberry (she remains a Human but she has become large, blue, and juicy). Wonka has some Oompa Loompas take her to the Juicing Room to get back to normal. Turning into a fruit is a pretty big effect and doesn't seem like some kind of mistake and showing it off to a bunch of careless, candy-loving kids is not a smart idea. When Wonka captured children, originally, in order to make a child even more useful, he fed them these dinner gums so they can become different fruits and taken to the juicing room to get an endless supply of "natural" flavors. The Television Room's original use may be obvious: turning kids bite-sized in order to harness all of their flavors for a candy. The shrunken kids could of also been used for manufacturing tiny aspects of small candies, like molding them.

Going back to Augustus -- neverbinkles on Reddit noticed an odd thing about the boat: "Willy Wonka knew those children would die in his factory. After Augustus gets sucked up the shoot, they all hop on board the boat through the tunnel of doom. The boat doesn't have two extra vacant seats though. It was designed with prior knowledge that they would lose two participants before that point. Later they drive a cream spewing car with only four seats. Did they have another car waiting in the garage in case the others made it? Of course not. Willy Wonka uses children to make candy."

Still think this idea is crazy? Well, in the original version of the novel, there was an omitted chapter and sixth child named Miranda Piker, who seemingly falls down the "Spotty Powder Mixer" to be chopped to death, screaming. The screams turn into laughter as Miranda survives. Why would a mixer, which seems to be easily tranversed and below a large area, be neseccary? Mrs. Piker calls Wonka a murderer, "I know your tricks! You're grinding them into powder! In two minutes my darling Miranda will come pouring out of one of those dreadful pipes." Guess what Wonka replies. "Of course, that's part of the recipe!" Wonka notices that Miranda is still alive and is joking around with Mrs. Piker. Sure, its like Wonka to joke around, but this is a bit messed up.

And what about the Oompa Loompas? Not only are they fine with helping Wonka out with these murders, but they take joy in it, singing and dancing. Well, I'm not trying to sound racist here, but cannibalism in Africa isn't the rarest of things.

The 2005 film adaptation cranks Wonka's creep factor up to eleven. In this version, Wonka has a personal reason to hate people, as they bullied him for wearing a large mouth brace, his father prevented his creative freedom, and, like the other versions, the other candy companies were greedy and attacked Wonka's factory.

Batman (1989)

The Fan Theory: The Joker didn’t kill Bruce’s parents. Bruce simply projects that onto every criminal he faces.

The Thing (1982)

The Fan Theory: The bottle that Kurt Russell offers Keith David towards the end of The Thing is actually one of the Molotov cocktails they were chucking around earlier. an alien would not know the difference

Ghostbusters (1984)

The Fan Theory: Crossing the streams causes the Ghostbusters to die, with the city’s celebration of their achievements turning out to be a posthumous affair.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Decoy Elite

The Willy Wonka things falls apart when you consider all the rule breaking kids are shown leaving the factor in both the book and the resent remake.

It's only in the first film that they aren't shown exiting and that was most likely cut for time.

Avatar image for captain_yesterday
Captain_Yesterday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Captain_Yesterday

@DCsuperman0007: I disagree.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Decoy Elite said:

The Willy Wonka things falls apart when you consider all the rule breaking kids are shown leaving the factor in both the book and the recent remake.

It's only in the first film that they aren't shown exiting and that was most likely cut for time.

DCsuperman0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DCsuperman0007

imma do ed edd n eddy in a minute

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@DCsuperman0007 said:

imma do ed edd n eddy in a minute

There was already a thread made for cartoon theories.

DCsuperman0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DCsuperman0007

@Decoy Elite: then explain how the boat was made with not enough seats for all of the kids

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Decoy Elite

@DCsuperman0007: Oh I think Wonka knew the kids would all get eliminated as time went on. I'm just saying he didn't kill any of them. They all clearly lived.

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Ren_

Loki Won the Avengers

A Xanatos Gambit is a plan that literally cannot fail because win or lose, the villain wins. This is one of those “I wanted you to beat me all along” scenarios, where defeating the villain somehow means the hero still loses. This isn’t changing your plans to compensate or getting lucky, this is planning all along for every possible outcome to lead to what you want. And Loki in the Avengers does so perfectly.

Loki really has only one goal in life – take over Asgard. He wants to rule. He feels Thor, his half brother, is not fit to take over for Odin and he wants that power for himself. Loki does not care one wit about Midgard (aka Earth). He’ll put it in peril to distract Thor, but Loki is all about controlling Asgard. Re-read those last two sentences – Loki doesn’t care about Earth! So why, in The Avengers, is he trying to take over? That very question is asked by Tony Stark during the penthouse scene. Tony comes very close to puzzling it out, but Loki distracts him with his villainy goodness (badness?). Why does Loki was to rule Earth? And what Earth would be left to rule with the Chitauri tearing it all up? What throne is he looking for?

The answer, of course, is that Loki doesn’t want to rule Earth. He doesn’t care about it. He never did. He allowed himself to be captured, he allowed himself to be defeated (and yeah, Hulk smashed him good, but he didn’t have to stick around for the big fight). It was all part of his plan.

Let’s examine that plan: first, Loki appears and steals the tesseract. Why? Well, to set things in motion. He knew stealing the cube would cause Nick Fury to call in the Avengers. Remember the ending of Thor – he’s been spying on the whole operation for some time now. Then, Loki gets captured. He clearly could have escaped, but instead he let himself be taken. Cap and Tony mention this on the Quinjet just before Thor shows up, and Black Widow eventually gets from Loki what his plan is – to set off the Hulk on the helicarrier. Only Loki is the god of lies…you think he really got played by the Black Widow? Nope, he WANTED them to know what the plan was. Then when it happens, and the Hulk goes berserk, they blame it on Loki and it really brings the team together.

And that’s what Loki wanted.

See, Loki wanted them to defeat the Chitauri. He wanted to lose the battle in New York. Why? So he could be taken back to Asgard. That was his plan all along. He never cared about conquering Earth. He never cared about defeating the Avengers. He just wanted a ride back to his home, the place he DOES want to conquer. And he got it, first class accommodations right back to Asgard. You can even see the smirk at the end when he’s got the gag on. It’s in his eyes. He won, and the heroes all thought they did. What better than to beat your enemies and make them think they won?

Now you may ask why Loki would betray Thanos in such a way. I mean, Big Purple is no one to mess around with. But I think Thanos was the co-architect of this plan. Why? Because he wants Loki back in Asgard too. Just sending him back wouldn’t work – Loki has to be brought back by Thor so that Odin does not suspect he’s still working with Thanos. See, with Loki back in Asgard, and knowing that Odin feels incredibly guilty about Loki in general and usually lets him off with little more than a slap to the wrist, Thanos has the perfect operative within striking distance of the one thing in the whole universe he REALLY wants (well, more than Death).

What is it Thanos wants? Did you miss it when you saw Thor? It’s easy to miss, but… That’s right…in Odin’t vault is none other than the Infinity Gauntlet. And now Loki is right there, and he broke into it before without much trouble. Loki losing to the Avengers was the best possible outcome for both Loki, who can now try to take over Asgard again, and Thanos, who now has potential access to the Infinity Gauntlet.

The bad guys won this round, and meanwhile the heroes are off eating Shwarma and thinking they won.

This theory comes from Andrew Black from the Mark of Reason .

DCsuperman0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DCsuperman0007

@mrdecepticonleader: i know but im doing movies books and other stuff too

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@DCsuperman0007 said:

@mrdecepticonleader: i know but im doing movies books and other stuff too

Fair enough got any more interesting ones?

DCsuperman0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DCsuperman0007

@mrdecepticonleader: ya hang on

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By Samimista

@Ren_:

<3

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By FalconPuuunch

Commander Shepard was indoctrinated by the reapers from the very beginning of Mass Effect 3.

Captain_Yesterday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FalconPuuunch: So you're one of those people, lol.

DCsuperman0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DCsuperman0007

i edited some good ones

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FalconPuuunch

@Captain_Yesterday said:

@FalconPuuunch: So you're one of those people, lol.

IT'S THE TRUTH BRO.

It's the only way I can accept ME3 for what it is.

Captain_Yesterday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FalconPuuunch: Lol, yea the ending was bad, but I just don't see it.

According the the theory the Destroy Ending is the only real ending. And if Shepard sucks at uniting the Galaxy you can only destroy them. So, basically, if Shepard sucks at his job he 'wins' without the Reapers even trying to trick him. But if he's got a powerful army backing him, then they decide to try and trick him?

It's a very interesting theory. But, like many theories when you start you look at it closely it falls apart, IMO.

Plus, Bioware isn't that smart.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

DCsuperman0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DCsuperman0007

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: yaaaaaa no

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Decoy Elite

@DCsuperman0007 said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: yaaaaaa no

No, he's completely correct. That thread's already for posting your fan theories.

DCsuperman0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DCsuperman0007

@Decoy Elite: i cant help but thinking their is a difference. did they ever say "fan theory"

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Decoy Elite

@DCsuperman0007: The OP of that thread:

Now comicvine. Do any of you have any interesting headcanons that you'd like to share? Anything that'd fit the Urban Dictionary's definition will do.
Headcanon:
Used by followers of various media of entertainment, such as television shows, movies, books, etc. to note a particular belief which has not been used in the universe of whatever program or story they follow, but seems to make sense to that particular individual, and as such is adopted as a sort of "personal canon". Headcanon may be upgraded to canon if it is incorporated into the program or story's universe.

So basically fan theories by another name.

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FalconPuuunch

@Captain_Yesterday said:

@FalconPuuunch: Lol, yea the ending was bad, but I just don't see it.

According the the theory the Destroy Ending is the only real ending. And if Shepard sucks at uniting the Galaxy you can only destroy them. So, basically, if Shepard sucks at his job he 'wins' without the Reapers even trying to trick him. But if he's got a powerful army backing him, then they decide to try and trick him?

It's a very interesting theory. But, like many theories when you start you look at it closely it falls apart, IMO.

Plus, Bioware isn't that smart.

Ughhhhhhhhh,... GOD.

You couldn't just let me be ignorant?

:P

But seriously, it would have been a great ending as opposed to me original ending. (I killed everything by accident)