#1 Posted by warlock360 (27905 posts) - - Show Bio

1/3 of all deceased (in all languages): "Oh sh!T!"

im serious

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

all of these quotes are taken directly from the history books, check them out if you don't believe me :p

add your own, lets see how badly these famous people in history screwed up lol

1. "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible". Lord Kelvin 1895.

2. "The atom bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." Admiral William D. Leahy 1945

3. "The idea that cavalry will be replaced by these iron coaches is absurd". Field Marshal Haig 1916

4. "Everyone acquainted with the subject will recognize the light bulb as a conspicuous failure." Henry Morton 1880

5. "There is practically no chance communications space satellites will be used to provide better telephone, telegraph, television, or radio service inside the united states." T. Craven 1961.

6. "I can only see submarines suffocating the crew and floundering at sea." H G wells 1901

7. "Radio has no future." Lord Kelvin 1897.

8. "X-rays will prove to be a hoax." Lord Kelvin again.

9. "Rail travel at high speed is not possible, because passengers, unable to breathe, would die of asphyxia." Dr Dionysys Larder (1793-1859)

10. "If sci fi channel has anything to say about it. "there is not going to be [Stargate SG-1] on U.S. television," Mark Stern, sci fi's executive vice president of programming, told multichannel flatly." - Mark A. Stern, nbc universal sci fi channel (2006)

11. "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." Ken Olson 1977.

M

#3 Posted by warlock360 (27905 posts) - - Show Bio

that was his last words!?

#4 Posted by warlock360 (27905 posts) - - Show Bio

:P

#5 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

one of my favorite quotes ever...

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be” - Albert Einstein

M

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"that was his last words!?"

not his last words but some of his most famous...

M

#7 Posted by Assimilation (955 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have many famous last words, but I've goty plenty of quotes.

President Calvin Coolidge: "When more and more people are thrown out of work, unemployment results."

Mayor Marion Barry: "Despite the killings, we have one of the lowest crime rates."

Vice president Dan Quayle (I'm not going to go into detail on him): "It is not pollution harming the environment, it is the impurities in the air and water that are doing it."

Final one that i'll do from Dan Quayle: "I love California. I practically grew up in Pheonix."

Two famous last words one's though are:

Terry Kath: "It's not loaded, See."

A Moscow guard (I don't know his name: "Let's see if this bullet proof vest is knife proof."

#8 Posted by warlock360 (27905 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL

#9 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice kam

#10 Posted by Assimilation (955 posts) - - Show Bio

Resonate says:

"Nice kam"

I knew having a book of stupid quotes would come in handy one day.

#11 Posted by Assimilation (955 posts) - - Show Bio

And some more:

In a police line after the witness was told to say "Give me the money: "I didn't say that!"

French President Charles De Gaulle: "China is a big country, inhabited by many chinese."

NBC executive Warren Littlefield: "Corporately, we believe in orgasms."

Actress Brooke Shields: "Smoking kills. If you're dead, you've lost a very important part of life.

NHL President Clarence Cambell: "There has never been any violence in the NHL."

An anonymous book editor on Animal Farm: "It's impossible to sell animal stories in the USA."

#12 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Assimilation says:

"NBC executive Warren Littlefield: "Corporately, we believe in orgasms.""

now that's a corporation i can get behind lol

M

#13 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"one of my favorite quotes ever... "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be” - Albert Einstein M"

Way to go Albert. I like that quote too.

#14 Posted by Assimilation (955 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Assimilation says:
"NBC executive Warren Littlefield: "Corporately, we believe in orgasms.""
now that's a corporation i can get behind lol M"

yep. I wonder how you don't believe in an orgasm.