Eye Rank The Top 5 Movies of 2015 (So Far!)

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Edited By EyeDCyou

Hey nerds, welcome back to the eye rank series! A few months ago I ranked my top 10 movies of 2014, and you guys really seemed to like it, so I decided I would continue to do it as long as I am on the Vine. However, I'm impatient, so I figured I'd start off with a list of the 5 best movies from the year so far. The year's just a little more than halfway over so it's the perfect time!

DISCLAIMER:

I haven't seen every movie made so far this year... Obviously... But I have seen a bunch, and I'm going to be using those movies, and my opinion to create this list. I haven't seen Ant-Man or Dope, notably.

Honorable Mention:

Inherent Vice

This movie technically came out last year, but its wide release was this year. For that reason, I limited it to my HM, because it would've made the top 5 otherwise.

5. Kingsman: The Secret Service

No Caption Provided

First up we have this lists only CBM (yes, it is based on a comic), and it was a pretty solid action flick to say the least. It's story wasn't anything too special, and the plot of the villain is something I've seen before, but I loved the characters, and the film style of Matthew Vaughn has a strong presence. The action is fast, and bloody (too fast at times. it was sped up, and it was weird). Gazelle was a great supporting villain, and Eggsy was charming and likable. This movie also has my favorite scene of the year, the church scene. That. Was. Amazing.

4. While We're Young

No Caption Provided

This one was definitely a pleasant surprise, and not something that was on my radar at all beforehand. Ben Stiller is sort of like Adam Sandler now, in that you kind of expect his movies to suck, but Ben managed to pull out one more gem for us late in his career. The ensemble cast was brilliant, primarily the 4 main characters, and they all gave really great performances. The film was funny, witty, smart, & original, and those pieces are missing from most modern dramcoms. Adam Driver stole the show as expected, but I would recommend checking this movie out if you have a chance.

3. Inside Out

No Caption Provided

Wooo! Pixar! Those geniuses did it again. I might be out of the age group for these movies now, but I grew up with Pixar, literally. Toy Story (their first movie) came out the year I was born, and I've always loved their movies (except Cars). This is probably the big P's most creative film to date, and it offers plenty for all ages to enjoy. It was wickedly funny, extremely creative, and full of heart (as expected). You'll laugh and cry, and that is what Pixar does best. Now I want to add that this movie and the two above it on this list, are the only 3 movies I'm expecting to remain in my final top 10 of the year.

2. Mad Max: Fury Road

No Caption Provided

This is the best action movie I've seen since Die Hard. It is just so mind blowingly awesome, that if you look away from the screen for more than a second, it is probably because you're being eaten by a bear. The visuals are STUNNING, and second to none (practical effects bebe) and the story holds the kind of depth you never expect from an action movie. Furiousa steals the show, but her character is so badass that we don't care that Max took the backseat. Go witness this film. It makes the Expendables look like Scooby Doo.

1. Ex Machina

No Caption Provided

Ex Machina is one of the best movies I've seen this decade, is definitely the best movie I've seen this year (although it just barely edges out Max). There were 0 flaws in this film, and the character development and characterization in general was just masterful. Add in a mix of like 5 different genres, and it leaves you never knowing what to expect next. The CG work done on Alicia was extremely realistic, and some of the best I've ever seen. I should also mention that Alicia's portrayal of AVA in this film has probably been my favorite performance of the year so far. This movie had a limited release, but it is out on Redbox now, so go watch it!

Bonus Round!

So since the year is only half over, I decided I will also give you my 5 most anticipated movies for the rest of the year, lucky you!

5. Spectre - James Bone with Christoph as the villain. 'Nuff said.

4. Straight Outta Compton - Huge NWA fan over here

3. The Hateful Eight - QT BABY

2. The Revenant - This movie will get nominated for best picture

1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens - My most anticipated film of the foreseeable future, and probably of all time

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

Loved Fury Road. I had to watch Kingsman twice before I really liked it, and I still have yet to see Inside Out.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: Luckily one of the girls in my group of friends recommended we go see it, so all us guys (who secretly wanted to see it) had a better excuse to go see it.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Your opinion is ewww

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Well what would you have? haha

Xrated48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

1. Mad Max Fury Road

2. Avengers Age Of Ultron

3. Kingsman Secret Service

4. Ant-Man

5. Jurrassic World

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_stegman  Moderator

1. Kingsman Secret Service

2. Mad Max Fury Road

3. Inside Out.

I'm saving two spots for Ex Machina and Star Wars. I haven't seen them yet, but I'm sure once I do, they'll be high on my list.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

10/10 perfect list and bonus list

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

very nice

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Good stuff.

@xrated48 said:

1. Mad Max Fury Road

2. Avengers Age Of Ultron

3. Kingsman Secret Service

4. Ant-Man

5. Jurrassic World

Only haven't seen Antman there. Enjoyed 'em all! (except AoU not really)

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EyeDCyou
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to see Ex Machina up on #1! It's on top of my list for the year too and I feel like a ton of people haven't seen it yet.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fury Road ftw

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@eyedcyou: To be fair there seems to be not that many great movies that's come out this year, yet...

Ant Man and Jurassic World were both great.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Haven't seen Antman yet, but Jurassic World was awesome, and exactly what I wanted it to be, but the story was pretty juvenile, and I didn't think it was better than any of these 5.

Most good movies come out in the Fall, so I'm really excited for what's in store.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a39006e28280
deactivated-5a39006e28280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jurassic World set to be the 3rd highest grossing movie of all time.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

@eyedcyou: Antman would also find his way into my top 5 of this year.it's really great.to me it's the second best MCU movie.

Btw, i just can't wait for "Straight Outta Compton"

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

A prediction about Straight Outta Compton: it will be disputed. :)

Your 2 & 3 are my best too.

The rest I have not seen.

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dayum I really need to see Ex Machina

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

up

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#23  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Damn good list

ALso if you loved Ex Machina, watch Black Mirror British anthology seires. Thank me later

It's like a modern twilight zone

Amazing intelligent show

~MiB

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 the_stegman  Moderator

@eyedcyou: So, yeah, Ex Machina was awesome. But Ava was kind of a b*tch for what she did at the end, lol.