Eye Rank my Top 10 Video Games of All Time

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Edited By EyeDCyou

Welcome back to the Eye Rank series, where I usually do list ranking my personal top 10's in various film related areas. I'm really bored, and I've decided to do a special video game edition, and see how it goes. I don't know how many people would actually care about this, and I'm sure that you all are going to comment with "needs more ____" or "go play ____" but idgaf. I'm just bored, and I like ranking things. Let's go.

Some Notes:

- I'm going to keep it to 1 game per franchise.

- These are my personal 10 favorite games, I'm not claiming that these are the 10 best games ever made.

Honorable Mentions:

Arkham Asylum

Jak and Daxter

Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition

Guitar Hero 3

10. Star Wars: Battlefront (2004)

No Caption Provided

Obviously I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and I think this is the best Star Wars game to ever come out (got on the KoTR train too late, and it doesn't have super lasting appeal). This is what I want all massive shooters to be like, and I'm SO PUMPED for the new game that EA is making this Fall. Anyway, I picked this one over the second one, because I spent way more time with this one, but that's number 10.

9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2011)

No Caption Provided

Not much to be said about this one. Put in hundreds of hours (sadly) into this game, and I still pick it up from time to time today. It was the first Elder Scrolls game I ever played, and I only got it because the guy at GameStop told me I needed to. Definitely a good decision. I mean, it's like playing Grand Theft Auto in Medieval times, but you can literally do almost anything. I love that kind of freedom in an RPG, and I hope Fall Out 4 can bring out a similar experience. Next.

8. Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (2003)

No Caption Provided

One of my favorite franchises of all time, and this is my favorite game from the series. It took what I loved about the original, and then just amped it up 10 notches. More weapons with upgrades, armor, new planets, etc. etc. I played this thing over and over, and if I still owned it, I'd probably go play a little right now. Anyway, next.

7. The Last of Us (2013)

No Caption Provided

This is probably the best game I've ever played, and I honestly believe it's one of the best ever made. The story telling is brilliant and gripping, and playing through this game will give you as good as of an experience as any Oscar worth movie would. The gameplay is no slouch either. It's worldclass actually, and I wouldn't expect anything less from the most consistent developer on the market, Naught Dog. Let's keep it going.

6. Dark Souls (2011)

No Caption Provided

I love hard games. I generally prefer them to 'normal' ones, and if a game has a difficulty setting, I always set it on the hardest difficulty possible. Even when it's my first play through. So when my buddy told me I had to play this game, because of how hard it was, I was down. Now, I'm a FromSoftware junkie, and I've bought all their games since. This one is my favorite though, and I think it's one of the strongest RPG's ever made. Not to mention the absolutely brilliant and asshole multiplayer.

5. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (2013)

No Caption Provided

This is the most recent game to make the list. Assassin's Creed is one of my 3 favorite franchises of all time, and this is my favorite game of the series. Just a shy over AC2, but this game was fantastic. Huge map, beautiful visuals, and great gameplay. And the ship stuff. That was just dynamite. I really hope Syndicate can deliver a similar experience. Next.

4. Super Smash Bros: Melee (2001)

No Caption Provided

Best fighting game ever made. Hands down. Ridiculous lasting appeal, and an experience like no other. This remains the best SSB game to date, and I don't know if it'll ever be beat. I actually play this game competitively, and when you get to a certain point, you learn how deep and complex this game can actually be. If you are unfamiliar, go look up Mang0 or Armada on Youtube. It's insane.

3. Shadow of the Colossus (2005)

No Caption Provided

This very well might be the second best game I've ever played, and no game has offered a similar experience since. Widely touted as a masterpiece, Shadow of the Colossus is one of the most beautiful games ever made, in both visuals, and story (and that's impressive, because there is almost 0 dialogue in the game). The entire game is just boss fights. 16 boss fights, that are each intricate and unique in their own way. It's a game that I recommend to any VG lover. By the way, I read a report that says (from a solid source) that The Last Guardian is going to be at E3. FINALLY. For those that don't know, this studio (team ICO) has only made two games (SotC and ICO) but in 2009 (I think) they debuted another game called The Last Guardian. It has been in development hell for 6 years, and it constantly appears to be lost forever. Be we might finally get it this year...

2. Pokemon: Blue/Red Version (1996)

No Caption Provided

Big ups for nostalgia. Obviously I love the Pokemon games, because I'm a millennial, but no other game in the series has captured the magic of the original. It was the first video game I ever owned, and I honestly couldn't count how many times I beat it. Never caught them all though... I caught them all on Leaf Green, but never on the original. It's pretty tough. Anyway, this will always have a spot in my heart.

1. God of War (2005)

No Caption Provided

BOOM. My favorite game of ALL TIME. The God of War trilogy is my favorite game series, and I have to pick the original as my overall favorite. Honestly, GoW2 is just as good, but I picked the original as my favorite. The 3rd game is great too, but not as good as the original two. Anyway, this game is brutal, and tells an actually pretty awesome story how the bloody action game that it is. It's just fun. I could play it all day, because it's easy to get into, and you get such a good feeling of satisfaction from beating an area. And honestly, the second part of the final battle with Ares (where you fight the Kratos army) on god mode, is the hardest thing I've ever had to do in a video game.

So that's that. Anyone have similar tastes? Like my list, don't like my list? What are your favorite games?

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

only played and liked Last of Us

~MiB

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Good list

magnus18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Good choices. I have always preferred AC2 to AC4 though I believe I am in the minority on that one.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnus18: I don't think you're in the minority, I think most people still have AC2 as the best one.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well we both like Skyrim... To be fair I haven't played many of the games on your list.

My ten (and it may be off. This is just a quickee off of the top of my head.)

10. Halo (360)

9 Star Wars Shadows of the Empire (Nintendo 64)

8 Dishonored (360)

7 The Mark of Kri (PS2)

6. Goldeneye (Nintendo 64)

5. Mass Effect Series (360)

4. Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo 64)

3 Batman Arkham Series (360)

2. Fallout New Vegas (360)

1 Skyrim. (360)

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: Good list. I love all the Ratchets and the God of wars!! Jak and daxter deserve to be mentioned. But no Devil May Cry???? None of them??

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EyeDCyou

@pooty: Never played em haha. I put JnD in my honorable mentions. I love the first one.

The_Dark_Void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eek, God of War.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battlefront II is way better! I can't tell you how many hours I spent playing that game with my brother lol

Anyways, i'm not a huge VG junkie so i'll keep my list short. I play a lot of games, but hardly any of them keep my attention, especially for repeat play-throughs

6. Demons' Souls

5. Super Smash Bros. (N64)

4. Battlefront II

3. Final Fantasy XII

2. Kingdom Hearts

1. Uncharted II

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I agree that BF2 is better, but I just spent so much more time with BF1. Nostalgia factor as well.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By buttersdaman000

@eyedcyou said:

@buttersdaman000: I agree that BF2 is better, but I just spent so much more time with BF1. Nostalgia factor as well.

I understand lol I picked Demons Souls over both Dark Souls games for the same reason

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By derekvang

Nice list

@magnus18 said:

Good choices. I have always preferred AC2 to AC4 though I believe I am in the minority on that one.

I agree, although AC4 was good, I still thought AC2 was the better game overall

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I don't have a PS3 :((((((((( Haven't gotten to play Demons Souls. They need to HD remake that sh*t for PS4 asap.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Super Smash Bros. Melee. So many hours spent on that as a child. Oh, the memories... Skyrim's alright.

1. Persona 4
2. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
3. Tales of Vesperia
4. Super Smash Bros. Melee
5. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
6. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
7. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
8. Super Mario Sunshine
9. Pokemon Sapphire
10. Sonic the Hedgehog 2

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan said:

Super Smash Bros. Melee. So many hours spent on that as a child. Oh, the memories... Skyrim's alright.

1. Persona 4

3. Tales of Vesperia

8. Super Mario Sunshine

9. Pokemon Sapphire

10. Sonic the Hedgehog 2

My childhood...

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@buttersdaman000: I don't have a PS3 :((((((((( Haven't gotten to play Demons Souls. They need to HD remake that sh*t for PS4 asap.

Oh yeah definitely! I need to play it again too lol

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Marshall_Long

1.Sonic The Hedgehog 2

2.Kingdom Hearts

3.Final Fantasy VII

4.Mass Effect 2

5.Super Mario World

6.Super Smash Bros

7.Pokemon Red

8.Batman Arkham City

9.Tekken 3

10.Tales Of Vesperia

Honorable mentions: FFIV, Tales Of Symphonia, Sonic Generations, Assassins Creed 2.

My list tends to change sometimes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@eyedcyou said:
@ryagan said:

1. Persona 4

3. Tales of Vesperia

8. Super Mario Sunshine

9. Pokemon Sapphire

10. Sonic the Hedgehog 2

My childhood...

Mine too. I played those games nonstop. Hell, I STILL play them nonstop.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By godzilla44

Yes another fan of Battlefront, hope you still know you can still play Battlefront 2 online. I still play online to this day.

Also be prepared to be disappointed with the new Battlefront, it's missing so many features that the old ones have.

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lego games. = )

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best experince with JUST the playing has been the popular Arkham games. The plots infuriate me.

I`d like to try the one with the Colossus`s.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecybr0g: Nice list! I kind of forgot to include my favorite Arkham game... I'll edit that.

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: Look up for Arkham

Yes another fan of Battlefront, hope you still know you can still play Battlefront 2 online. I still play online to this day.

Also be prepared to be disappointed with the new Battlefront, it's missing so many features that the old ones have.

The fact that there isn't a single player campaign is really annoying, but that's really the only thing. You can still play in 3rd person.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@godzilla44 said:

The fact that there isn't a single player campaign is really annoying, but that's really the only thing. You can still play in 3rd person.

No Clone Wars, the Tanks are on rails (can't pilot them), no space battles, and no classes all customization

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godzilla44: I don't have a problem with lack of clone wars. Didn't know that about tanks... Space battles sucks, but I think they are working on something for that. Was there class customization in BF2?

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou:

Hm, Asulym. I like City better. It has minimal amount of glitches, and I haven`t played alotta video games, so playing that feels divine.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By godzilla44

@eyedcyou said:

@godzilla44: I don't have a problem with lack of clone wars. Didn't know that about tanks... Space battles sucks, but I think they are working on something for that. Was there class customization in BF2?

Well I have a problem with no clone or droids. Ya no more piloting tanks. Yes they weren't that great but now they could made them better. no just classes. Also they'res only 4 planets total, less than Battlefront 1 and 2

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing list.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

9: Assassins Creed Brotherhood

8: Hitman Silent Assassin

7: Mario Kart

6: Uncharted 3

5: Gta V

4: Def Jam Fight For NY

3: Gta San Andreas

2: Batman Arkham City

1: Uncharted 2

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou:

Did you play it before City? I did the vice versa.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefered GoW2. I like how you picked Asylum over City. City had a crap story that took away from it and Origins had too many glitches.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: Yeah I was a lot bigger on Asylums story. Origins had a good story, but all of the boss fights were so lame.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump