extreme atheists want ww1 memorial removed

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Erik

warning the following picture may piss off some atheists. if you are easily offended... do not view.

No Caption Provided

LOL I hope this is you trying to be funny because it shows a complete lack of understanding to what an atheist actually is. It's christian propaganda.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

warning the following picture may piss off some atheists. if you are easily offended... do not view.

No Caption Provided

Atheism is the disbelief in a higher power. It has nothing to do with morals. Maybe i'm not understanding. So in your own words can you tell me what that statement means to you?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@raiiyn: Uh you do realise that if I do that, this thread will just flame out of control right?

No Caption Provided

And this image is a suitable response to your poorly contextualised one. Don't look at it if you feel you might get offended

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! This thread is getting heated!

No Caption Provided

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@raiiyn: Uh you do realise that if I do that, this thread will just flame out of control right?

@mikesterman said:

No Caption Provided

And this image is a suitable response to your poorly contextualised one. Don't look at it if you feel you might get offended

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Bravo, my friend.....Bravo

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: I wouldn't know why others don't believe in a god. I just know there are one too many people quoting George Carlin, and it's completely unacceptable. My father was angry with the way his life went, but as soon as he left my mother he rejoined the Catholic Church and became better for it. I just don't feel the need to preach a standard to people because in 200 years it will be wrong.

you know what if that helped him thats great it really is and no judgement on my part but everyone is different my friend.

the way i deal with my issues is i either blog about it or talk about it with people close to me. thats why im in therapy actually and it has helped a lot

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

That's just dumb.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

You really don't do yourself any favors by posting dumb sh*t like this.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By TazzMission

@lvenger said:

@mikesterman said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

bro come on man. please dont start a fight. this is the reason why this type of stuff never gets settled in a civil manner. instead of contributing to the problem you should try helping to fix the problem. i gave the same speech to the atheists so im not just saying this to you

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:

@mikesterman said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

bro come on man. please dont start a fight. this is the reason why this type of stuff never gets settled in a civil manner. instead of contributing to the problem you should try helping to fix the problem. i gave the same speech to the atheists so im not just saying this to you

I am being civil here I assure you. The two images are a mere appropriate counter to what he's saying. Nothing more, nothing less, there's no antagonism of sneering from me here. This does fix the problem because it shows why atheists are still moral without God. Simple as that.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@mikesterman said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

What he said ^

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: I understand. I think the only person I discuss anything of substance is my girlfriend, really. When family, friends and co-workers try to bring up religion, I find myself gritting my teeth. It annoys me they believe I'm on the same wavelength due to the fact I'm an atheist, that there are set standards everyone should assimilate to while offering no solution to matters I feel people as a whole are either not ready for and speaking just to speak. Even my boss tried to talk badly about religionists and I told him I would report him, saying I would be offended. It shut him up. Mostly, I'm bored by it all.
Contrary to popular opinion, people are not social creatures. Money is the biggest illusion. Democracy in the United States is basically a plutocracy. No one talks about any of this with me because it's not taboo enough. I get people enough to know they're dragging the arguments out to make themselves feel special, and I don't particularly care that they breathe.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: I understand. I think the only person I discuss anything of substance is my girlfriend, really. When family, friends and co-workers try to bring up religion, I find myself gritting my teeth. It annoys me they believe I'm on the same wavelength due to the fact I'm an atheist, that there are set standards everyone should assimilate to while offering no solution to matters I feel people as a whole are either not ready for and speaking just to speak. Even my boss tried to talk badly about religionists and I told him I would report him, saying I would be offended. It shut him up. Mostly, I'm bored by it all.

as great as family is its always important to talk to someone who isnt family that way they can be the person to give a third option instead of taking sides.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you still working there?

No Caption Provided

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im a firm believer in having people chose what they believe in instead of being forced into it. im not opposed to the idea of introducing religious courses in public schools and continue having science classes. at least let the high schoolers take both and decide what they think is fact or not and have them earn a grade

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: My brother mostly goes on about how much drugs the prophets were on when they wrote the bible. It's uninteresting because he was busted for pedophilia and having heroin in his system. It's difficult to find common ground in that, anyway.

@farkam: Yes, but he isn't.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really ? That monument is up for 90 years and all of a sudden they they hate it ? I don't care if there are or are atheists but what they want to do is disrespectful to any and all veterans and soldiers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: My brother mostly goes on about how much drugs the prophets were on when they wrote the bible. It's uninteresting because he was busted for pedophilia and having heroin in his system. It's difficult to find common ground in that, anyway.

@farkam: Yes, but he isn't.

No Caption Provided

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission said:

im a firm believer in having people chose what they believe in instead of being forced into it. im not opposed to the idea of introducing religious courses in public schools and continue having science classes. at least let the high schoolers take both and decide what they think is fact or not and have them earn a grade

Religion is not education unless it is the study of the history, philosophy, and concept, rather than indoctrination. It absolutely should not be taught in schools on the grade school level when minds are most easily molded because it removes their choice. They have countless religious classes on the college level for those that are interested in objective approaches to religion.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

The argument between people who have a faith and atheists is really a pointless one from my perspective. I believe in God....you don't.......why do we have to argue? As a Christian I'm much to busy regarding my own soul salvation to be worried about someone else's. And is the big thing about atheism that you don't care? It's what I hear Bill Maher say all the time. Now yes the bible does tell us to spread the gospel but if someone does not want to hear it then leave them alone......if atheists really didn't care and faithful folk were busy with their faith this argument wouldn't exist.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@tazzmission said:

Religion is not education unless it is the study of the history, philosophy, and concept, rather than indoctrination. It absolutely should not be taught in schools on the grade school level when minds are most easily molded because it removes their choice. They have countless religious classes on the college level for those that are interested in objective approaches to religion.

high school kids today are smarter than say 10 to 15 years ago. the thing with religion imo is it is education to an extent since it really was a part of history. sure the stories of rising from the dead walking on water performing miracles may be out there but it dosent change specific people did exist. that isnt a knock on people who follow the religion but thats the stuff i find questionable about the whole thing same with an afterlife. i cant say if i do or dont believe in one because i personally never experianced a situation to make me make the decision

DoomGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's always going to be extremist, no matter what the hell they are. Just ignore them. That memorial ain't going no where.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pathetic. I don't mind regular atheists but I just hate these extremist ones, much like I would hate any extremist group (Including Christians, Muslims, etc.).

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People these days.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@tazzmission said:

high school kids today are smarter than say 10 to 15 years ago. the thing with religion imo is it is education to an extent since it really was a part of history. sure the stories of rising from the dead walking on water performing miracles may be out there but it dosent change specific people did exist. that isnt a knock on people who follow the religion but thats the stuff i find questionable about the whole thing same with an afterlife. i cant say if i do or dont believe in one because i personally never experianced a situation to make me make the decision

• I don't know if I can agree with the claim that kids today are smarter than kids 10 years ago. I was in high school 10 years ago and I am a hell of a lot smarter than the new batch of freshies that roll into my university every year.
  • I also disagree with the notion that religion is education. Religion only has historical value where it influences actual history. The god stuff has no historical value and where religion does have historical value, you only need to talk about the impact, not the religion itself. School should teach students the facts. I'll let parents fill their kid's heads with fantasy.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I've read some retarded things on this thread. What's the average IQ of a person using comic vine? 60?

Pixiegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Pixiegeist
Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@riddlergeist said:

honestly... atheists are ridiculous when it comes to everything that has anything to do with god.

little do they know is that 90% of america was christian at the time... and they would've wanted that.

-Riddle Me This

i wont say all atheists are that extreme but i would say somewhere around 40 to 50 are. people who go that far in my eyes are no better than the terrorists we fight today. there supressing freedom of religion/speech. i personally dont care what people believe in but there are bigger issues to worry about than a cross imo. it be like saying take all christians and put them in with the nutjobs from westboro baptist church or calling every catholic a sex offender

Oh crap, 40 to 50 extreme atheists, whatever shall we do?

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By SSJDarthPlagueis

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! This thread is getting heated!

No Caption Provided

Lol I know

No Caption Provided

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Knightly1

@erik: I personally think a class examining religion would be interesting. Being able to look at different religions and how they are (or aren't) different in some ways would be a great way to establish tolerance and understanding amongst people if various belief systems. Granted, there's a thin line between this and preaching.

In this scenario, I would refrain from the teacher doing anything as drastic as handing out the holy books. Instead, the teacher could point out the major parables of the text and major beliefs, along with the obvious history that has to do with religion. at the most extreme, I think 2 or 3 teachers who are knowledgable in different religions would work great. I just think such a class allows for so much interaction and mingling of ideas in schools that's so incredibly absent.

Mediocregeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Mediocregeist

@rd189 said:

And this is why I can't stand atheists. They have so much hatred for "religion" (by which i mean American christianity, since you never see an atheist say anything bad about muslims or bhudists or shinto) that they don't realize they are, themselves, a religion.

To deffinetifly say that there is no God, and that he cant possibly exist, without having known every secret and fact in the universe, is a leap of faith. Atheists are intolerant of any views other then their own, and expect others to conform to their way of thinking, much in the same way a religion would.

They are themselves even more hypocritical then the christians they fight against. At least a preacher knows what he's selling. Atheists half the time have no real logic or argument, merely that the presence of Christian inconagraphy "offends" them in some way (which of course they were fine with as kids, before they went to university and read anti-religious books).

In this case, not only are these people disrepectful to christians, they are disrespecting the brave men and women who fought to protect our freedom.

I CAN'T STAND KRISTIANS CUZ THEIR ALL PEEDOFILES!!!1!!1

That's basically what you're coming off as.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: I personally think a class examining religion would be interesting. Being able to look at different religions and how they are (or aren't) different in some ways would be a great way to establish tolerance and understanding amongst people if various belief systems. Granted, there's a thin line between this and preaching.

In this scenario, I would refrain from the teacher doing anything as drastic as handing out the holy books. Instead, the teacher could point out the major parables of the text and major beliefs, along with the obvious history that has to do with religion. at the most extreme, I think 2 or 3 teachers who are knowledgable in different religions would work great. I just think such a class allows for so much interaction and mingling of ideas in schools that's so incredibly absent.

The problem comes in that the teachers won't be able to remain without bias. I had a high school biology teacher that had problems teaching effectively due to his religious beliefs and that's a class that has nothing to do with religion. Religious examination could happen but it comes with great risk. Risk that it not worth the payoff. You put classes like these at the university level and they are classes that would be taken because someone wants to take them, risk and all. This might be some prejudice on my part but I hold university professors well above standards set by high school educators. My philosophy professor was an atheist but you'd never know it in his classroom. He would play devil's advocate on whatever side was winning the debate when we covered the possible existence of a god.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By TazzMission

@erik said:

@oblivionknight said:

The problem comes in that the teachers won't be able to remain without bias. I had a high school biology teacher that had problems teaching effectively due to his religious beliefs and that's a class that has nothing to do with religion. Religious examination could happen but it comes with great risk. Risk that it not worth the payoff. You put classes like these at the university level and they are classes that would be taken because someone wants to take them, risk and all. This might be some prejudice on my part but I hold university professors well above standards set by high school educators. My philosophy professor was an atheist but you'd never know it in his classroom. He would play devil's advocate on whatever side was winning the debate when we covered the possible existence of a god.

hire a person who is well versed in the subject. it dosent have to specificly be a teacher already on school grounds. im pretty sure a lot of them would do it for free to since there whole mission is to teach people about god. i know of this cause my buddies sister use to go out of the country for missionary trips so its rather interesting really

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@oblivionknight said:

hire a person who is well versed in the subject. it dosent have to specificly be a teacher already on school grounds. im pretty sure a lot of them would do it for free to

Which is a major problem. School time should be reserved for school. I'm sure plenty of religious entities would love to preach to students for free. I say absolutely no. Education on the grade level is too poorly regulated for such an idea to be effective. School time for education, personal time for religious beliefs.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By TazzMission
@erik said:

@tazzmission said:

@erik said:

@oblivionknight said:

hire a person who is well versed in the subject. it dosent have to specificly be a teacher already on school grounds. im pretty sure a lot of them would do it for free to

Which is a major problem. School time should be reserved for school. I'm sure plenty of religious entities would love to preach to students for free. I say absolutely no. Education on the grade level is too poorly regulated for such an idea to be effective. School time for education, personal time for religious beliefs.

if thats the case why have gym or a sports team? explain to me exactly how that is learning. like i said im not religious but wouldnt you think a class on that subject is more worth it than going to gym class for an hour learning to climb a rope? at least with the religion class people would be learning and giving opinions on it.

you look at a lot of these people who are jocks and they think there such good hs ball players they may get drafted in the nfl and all that jazz. thats not teaching something its a fantasy really

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Knightly1

@erik: while bias would of course be an issue, the credentials of the person would have to do the talking. I'd propose the person would need to have credentials in multiple religious areas, not just one. It may be a bias on my part as I find many of my classes (excluding the core ones) to be useless (senior in high school). This woul easily add some spice to classrooms. It would facilitate the exchange of ideas and differing opinions. That's just my view, anyone.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By TazzMission

@erik: while bias would of course be an issue, the credentials of the person would have to do the talking. I'd propose the person would need to have credentials in multiple religious areas, not just one. It may be a bias on my part as I find many of my classes (excluding the core ones) to be useless (senior in high school). This woul easily add some spice to classrooms. It would facilitate the exchange of ideas and differing opinions. That's just my view, anyone.

if they can make it work im all for it because like i said before im all for people making there own decisions of what they believe in. i just hate how people have become so divided in this country because its like watching kids fight when they go my theory is 100% true no mine is! we hear all this talk about how schools arent performing good in the media all the time and i think thats because nobody challenges them. i really do believe that

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#92  Edited By dshipp17

@raiiyn said:

@lvenger said:

@rd189 said:

And this is why I can't stand atheists. They have so much hatred for "religion" (by which i mean American christianity, since you never see an atheist say anything bad about muslims or bhudists or shinto) that they don't realize they are, themselves, a religion.

To deffinetifly say that there is no God, and that he cant possibly exist, without having known every secret and fact in the universe, is a leap of faith. Atheists are intolerant of any views other then their own, and expect others to conform to their way of thinking, much in the same way a religion would.

They are themselves even more hypocritical then the christians they fight against. At least a preacher knows what he's selling. Atheists half the time have no real logic or argument, merely that the presence of Christian inconagraphy "offends" them in some way (which of course they were fine with as kids, before they went to university and read anti-religious books).

In this case, not only are these people disrepectful to christians, they are disrespecting the brave men and women who fought to protect our freedom.

Yeah there's a lot wrong with this statement. Like a LOT wrong with this statement that I could write an essay on.

Please write the essay.

Right; just write even parts of this essay. Christians have some proof for God's existence. Atheist have no proof that there is no God and even scientist on their side admit to that fact. Atheists have been challenged by Christians but never show up for the debates; atheists even have a $10,000 reward available to demonstrate that there is no God; although atheists can desire to challenge our evidence that there is a God, with little success I might add, atheists have yet to present evidence that there can be absolutely no God or there's absolutely no evidence of God; clearly, atheism is an organized group and have been allowed recently to impose their beliefs on Christians in the United States through court decisions and passages in science text books in k-12, when discussing evolution; evolution should be left out of k-12 textbooks; than, in college, courses in creationism, evolution, and intelligent design should all be required electives; after school, people will than have a full bases to come to whatever conclusions they wish about God's existence. But, please, just lay out how what I said lacks logic and lets debate; sometimes, I'll provide my references. I'm actually a trained scientist who happens to be Christian.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Erik

But but the religious education that I've gotten from public school was unbiased...

BB

Hmmmm...

if thats the case why have gym or a sports team? explain to me exactly how that is learning. like i said im not religious but wouldnt you think a class on that subject is more worth it than going to gym class for an hour learning to climb a rope? at least with the religion class people would be learning and giving opinions on it.

you look at a lot of these people who are jocks and they think there such good hs ball players they may get drafted in the nfl and all that jazz. thats not teaching something its a fantasy really

You are opening a can of worms. Gym class is an absurd requirement but that aside, gym has nothing to do with teaching a belief structure. You are arguing apples and baseballs here. Sports teams are an extra-curricular activity that has nothing to do with education. Sports teams, like many extra-curricular activities, are set up to ensure kids are not out doing drugs or whatever else that is detrimental to their futures. And no, I don't think preaching is in any way more valuable than kids bashing each other's heads in on an open field. The latter is preferred by a wide margin. Religion doesn't teach young minds. It closes their minds to learning.

You look at any student and most of them have dreams of some kind. Jocks have dreams of being blah blah sports player. An art study dreams of being an artist. A student from the creative writing class has dreams of being a writer. It's not up to the school to crush those dreams with reality. It's the school's job to provide the students with the well-rounded education needed for the students to succeed in whatever it is that they do end up doing, even if their dreams at being a basketball player, writer, or artist fall through. Religion does not help with that at all.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Erik

@oblivionknight said:

Unless one plans a future in philosophy, religious studies, or has plans of a future as a preacher, any religious classes would also be useless. And yes, grade school is horrid, which is kind of my point. If the current system can't prepare a student for adult life as it is, I have little faith (heh) that adding religious classes would spice it up. It's far more likely that it will start churning out a new generation of young adults that deny the sciences for a leather-bound.

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: sadly, the entire thing would be rocky to start with. It would be met with a ton of obstacles, especially "separation of church and state." I just think simply focusing on race or economic status are a step in the right the direction, but religion would be great too. Obviously, the problem would come in its implementation.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oblivionknight: @tazzmission:

I present to you, Evidence A:

@dshipp17 said:

Right; just write even parts of this essay. Christians have some proof for God's existence. Atheist have no proof that there is no God and even scientist on their side admit to that fact. Atheists have been challenged by Christians but never show up for the debates; atheists even have a $10,000 reward available to demonstrate that there is no God; although atheists can desire to challenge our evidence that there is a God, with little success I might add, atheists have yet to present evidence that there can be absolutely no God or there's absolutely no evidence of God; clearly, atheism is an organized group and have been allowed recently to impose their beliefs on Christians in the United States through court decisions and passages in science text books in k-12, when discussing evolution; evolution should be left out of k-12 textbooks; than, in college, courses in creationism, evolution, and intelligent design should all be required electives; after school, people will than have a full bases to come to whatever conclusions they wish about God's existence. But, please, just lay out how what I said lacks logic and lets debate; sometimes, I'll provide my references. I'm actually a trained scientist who happens to be Christian.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

@raiiyn said:

@lvenger said:

@rd189 said:

Yeah there's a lot wrong with this statement. Like a LOT wrong with this statement that I could write an essay on.

Please write the essay.

No Caption Provided

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: I think exposure to other religions is good, especially with the amount of interaction with people of all backgrounds. I think it'd be healthy, but it may not be for everyone.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: I think exposure to other religions is good, especially with the amount of interaction with people of all backgrounds. I think it'd be healthy, but it may not be for everyone.

I don't mind exposure to religion. I equate it to visiting the zoo. But it must be controlled to ensure it doesn't cross the line into indoctrination. Something I believe that grade schools are incapable of doing effectively.