extreme atheists want ww1 memorial removed

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TazzMission

im still on the fence of what i am wether its agnostic or atheist but im sorry but this is idiotic on the atheists part. its a memorial . plus theres other things to worry about in the country than trying to get 15 minutes of fame about a cross

For nearly 90 years, a World War I memorial cross has honored our nation’s bravest heroes.

Now, angry atheists are suing to tear down this historic war monument in Maryland – the Bladensburg Cross.

Angry atheists have taken aim at the memorial, saying they are “shocked” and “upset” that a cross could honor fallen veterans.

These claims are absolutely ridiculous.

To allow a couple of angry atheists who are “upset” about the cross to tear it down would dishonor our veterans. Those who fought valiantly for our nation a century ago deserve to have their memory cherished by their memorial – the Bladensburg Cross.

The ACLJ is preparing a critical amicus brief to defend the cross and honor our veterans. Stand with us. Join our committee to defend the cross today.

petition to stop the atheists is here

http://aclj.org/american-heritage/stop-angry-atheists-attack-on-wwi-memorial-cross?sf23695148=1

Riddlergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Riddlergeist

honestly... atheists are ridiculous when it comes to everything that has anything to do with god.

little do they know is that 90% of america was christian at the time... and they would've wanted that.

-Riddle Me This

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Could you give some context to this or are you basing this info on your sketchy knowledge of this matter?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@riddlergeist: Well what about the 10% of people that weren't Christian? Should they be ignored because they were a minority?

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TazzMission

@riddlergeist said:

honestly... atheists are ridiculous when it comes to everything that has anything to do with god.

little do they know is that 90% of america was christian at the time... and they would've wanted that.

-Riddle Me This

i wont say all atheists are that extreme but i would say somewhere around 40 to 50 are. people who go that far in my eyes are no better than the terrorists we fight today. there supressing freedom of religion/speech. i personally dont care what people believe in but there are bigger issues to worry about than a cross imo. it be like saying take all christians and put them in with the nutjobs from westboro baptist church or calling every catholic a sex offender

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By laflux
@lvenger said:

Could you give some context to this or are you basing this info on your sketchy knowledge of this matter?

No Caption Provided

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riddlergeist said:

-Riddle Me This

i wont say all atheists are that extreme but i would say somewhere around 40 to 50 are. people who go that far in my eyes are no better than the terrorists we fight today. there supressing freedom of religion/speech. i personally dont care what people believe in but there are bigger issues to worry about than a cross imo

40 to 50% of atheists are just as bad as terrorists?

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:
@lvenger said:

No Caption Provided

guys come on please keep it respectful. theres no reason to turn it into a war thread. thats why we have these issues in the country because both sides dont rationaly sit down and talk it out in a civil manner

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And this is why I can't stand atheists. They have so much hatred for "religion" (by which i mean American christianity, since you never see an atheist say anything bad about muslims or bhudists or shinto) that they don't realize they are, themselves, a religion.

To deffinetifly say that there is no God, and that he cant possibly exist, without having known every secret and fact in the universe, is a leap of faith. Atheists are intolerant of any views other then their own, and expect others to conform to their way of thinking, much in the same way a religion would.

They are themselves even more hypocritical then the christians they fight against. At least a preacher knows what he's selling. Atheists half the time have no real logic or argument, merely that the presence of Christian inconagraphy "offends" them in some way (which of course they were fine with as kids, before they went to university and read anti-religious books).

In this case, not only are these people disrepectful to christians, they are disrespecting the brave men and women who fought to protect our freedom.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Just making sure it's a certain part of crazy atheists that are doing this. I've had the misfortune of meeting some before at uni.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189 said:

And this is why I can't stand atheists. They have so much hatred for "religion" (by which i mean American christianity, since you never see an atheist say anything bad about muslims or bhudists or shinto) that they don't realize they are, themselves, a religion.

To deffinetifly say that there is no God, and that he cant possibly exist, without having known every secret and fact in the universe, is a leap of faith. Atheists are intolerant of any views other then their own, and expect others to conform to their way of thinking, much in the same way a religion would.

They are themselves even more hypocritical then the christians they fight against. At least a preacher knows what he's selling. Atheists half the time have no real logic or argument, merely that the presence of Christian inconagraphy "offends" them in some way (which of course they were fine with as kids, before they went to university and read anti-religious books).

In this case, not only are these people disrepectful to christians, they are disrespecting the brave men and women who fought to protect our freedom.

You are ignorant.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TazzMission

@rd189 said:

what i dont get is why do atheists care so much? i mean really how does it affect them at all personaly? same can be said for religious groups who are anti homosexual . i dont expect an atheist or a christian to worry about what i do in my private time as a straight man who loves black women

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

i hate the atheists who impart there views as much as those who impart their religious views to extremes. examples are that one pastor who held a Koran burning , westboro-eat-crap-and-die church , and so on and so on. they tell you they feel oppressed but in reality they want superiority over other's views or beliefs. u believe in a higher power? cool . you don't ? cool. But DO NOT force your views onto me and expect me or anyone sensible to help you take up "arms" against another , just because you do not like how a group thinks.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TazzMission

@soa said:

i hate the atheists who impart there views as much as those who impart their religious views to extremes. examples are that one pastor who held a Koran burning , westboro-eat-crap-and-die church , and so on and so on. they tell you they feel oppressed but in reality they want superiority over other's views or beliefs. u believe in a higher power? cool . you don't ? cool. But DO NOT force your views onto me and expect me or anyone sensible to help you take up "arms" against another , just because you do not like how a group thinks.

agreed!

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jonez_

@soa said:

Every religion has people that try to force their beliefs on others. You know how many times i've been called out for not being christian?

Riddlergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Riddlergeist

atheists should act like atheists.

not believing in anything.

atheism should mean not believing god exists or doesn't exist. if they go by facts... they have no proof he exists... yet they have no proof he doesnt exist.

i would like it better if they were just "Chill- go with the flow kinda people.

really they are scientologists

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

atheists should act like atheists.

not believing in anything.

atheism should mean not believing god exists or doesn't exist. if they go by facts... they have no proof he exists... yet they have no proof he doesnt exist.

i would like it better if they were just "Chill- go with the flow kinda people.

really they are scientologists

i saw a documentary on scientology about a year ago. thats some weird stuff. i also read tom cruise had his i guess agent or whatever interview women to be his wife wich is how katie holmes got involved.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Kal'smahboi

Please don't use the word atheists like it's an organized group with a mission statement. This is why all atheists have a bad name.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please don't use the words atheists like it's an organized group with a mission statement. This is why all atheists have a bad name.

alright i will change the title to extremist atheists

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kal_smahboi said:

Please don't use the words atheists like it's an organized group with a mission statement. This is why all atheists have a bad name.

As long as acknowledge that this is a very small percentage of atheists that go to extremities this far, just like how christians have extremists, then thank you for changing the title.

Riddlergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

@tazzmission said:

@kal_smahboi said:

As long as acknowledge that this is a very small percentage of atheists that go to extremities this far, just like how christians have extremists, then thank you for changing the title.

christians have extremis?

where can i find them i want some

give it to me.
give it to me.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MatteoPG

It was very gracious of you to change the title. Sadly, every group has their extremists... it's weird that some people claim to be atheists as if it is an actual group. That's like saying that being non-vegetarians is a group.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

@tazzmission said:

@kal_smahboi said:

give it to me.
give it to me.
No Caption Provided

westboro baptist church. those people are nuts and they praised the guy who ddid that theatre shooting in 2012 in colorado. they also attack the military

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189 said:

Yeah there's a lot wrong with this statement. Like a LOT wrong with this statement that I could write an essay on.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TazzMission

@matteopg said:

It was very gracious of you to change the title. Sadly, every group has their extremists... it's weird that some people claim to be atheists as if it is an actual group. That's like saying that being non-vegetarians is a group.

i just want both sides of the argument to sit at the table and have some peaceful talks on how they both can meet halfway. safe with the hardcore religious groups and the whole same sex and abortion debate. whatever side someone is on nobody is going to get 100% what they want and its time now to really draw a line and work all that shit out to where everyone can not fight

Riddlergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riddlergeist said:

@jonez120 said:

@tazzmission said:

@kal_smahboi said:

give it to me.
give it to me.
No Caption Provided

westboro baptist church. those people are nuts and they praised the guy who ddid that theatre shooting in 2012 in colorado. they also attack the military

i was talking about the virus O_o

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission said:

@riddlergeist said:

@jonez120 said:

@tazzmission said:

@kal_smahboi said:

give it to me.
give it to me.
No Caption Provided

oh there a virus. you would be appalled at what this church does. makes me ashamed to be human really

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#29  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Well there is some severe lack of logic in most of the posts in this thread.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being an atheist, crosses don't bother me. Why icons bother anyone else is beyond me. I think of new found atheists as children who just got new toys and they want to show them off around the neighborhood.

Riddlergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Riddlergeist

@tazzmission said:

@riddlergeist said:
@tazzmission said:

@riddlergeist said:

@jonez120 said:

@tazzmission said:

@kal_smahboi said:

give it to me.
give it to me.
No Caption Provided

oh there a virus. you would be appalled at what this church does. makes me ashamed to be human really

the extremis virus... from iron man 3 O_o

No Caption Provided

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TazzMission

@sesquipedalophobe said:

Being an atheist, crosses don't bother me. Why icons bother anyone else is beyond me. I think of new found atheists as children who just got new toys and they want to show them off around the neighborhood.

honestly i really do believe atheists who make a big deal about crosses or in god we trust just complain because its a cool thing for them to do. i really do believe that. just because i may be a critic of religion wich i am i look at money as money. i dont care whats written on it lol. i also have nothing to base this on but maybe hardcore extreme atheists look at the world and see it as misery. i mean lets be real the world is a cold depressing place so maybe thats why they dont believe in a creator?

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just do the rational thing, report them to cops and have them tased or sprayed with pepper

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TazzMission

Just do the rational thing, report them to cops and have them tased or sprayed with pepper

see the thing with that is if there not a threat i dont think cops can do such a thing

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: never underestimate the dirty cops or the power of a bribe

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Raiiyn

@lvenger said:

@rd189 said:

Yeah there's a lot wrong with this statement. Like a LOT wrong with this statement that I could write an essay on.

Please write the essay.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By King_Saturn

A bit of a strange request from some atheist folks... but then you have some rather strange requests from religious folks as well... so what should one take from this matter. That extremists are everywhere and not bound to a particular brand of thinking or theology or lack thereof.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: never underestimate the dirty cops or the power of a bribe

such cops give the good ones a bad image

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@tazzmission: As a staunch atheist, I feel it should be known that these guys might not just be atheists, but a$$holes. Believe it or not, there is a distinction between the two. :p

The way I see it, the vast majority of those that fell in combat during the war were likely devout christian. So the memorial is fitting.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: But you're an ass hole Erik :)

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They should be treated the same as any other militant religious belief-ignored and called crazy.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bit of a strange request from some atheist folks... but then you have some rather strange requests from religious folks as well... so what should one take from this matter. That extremists are everywhere and not bound to a particular brand of thinking or theology or lack thereof.

That's rather quite beautifully said, Sir.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By cameron83

@riddlergeist: Dude, that's a large generalization. There are people of every belief (or lack of) who may be just as "extreme" as people like this. I wouldn't say most atheists are like this, but many are. At the same time,there are many religious people like this as well. It depends on the person,not their belief or non belief.

King Saturn said it best

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at the overflowing butthurt in this thread.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wont say all atheists are that extreme but i would say somewhere around 40 to 50 are. people who go that far in my eyes are no better than the terrorists we fight today. there supressing freedom of religion/speech. i personally dont care what people believe in but there are bigger issues to worry about than a cross imo. it be like saying take all christians and put them in with the nutjobs from westboro baptist church or calling every catholic a sex offender

Did you really just say that 40-50% of atheist are as bad as terrorist??! Wow......and suppressing freedom of religion/speech? Explain please. All they want is the removal of the Cross, which I only agree with under two circumstances: If anyone of the soldiers is not Christian, then it's unfair to that Soldier. And, if the Cross is on Government property, which it isn't. So, I don't agree with these atheist. And I find it funny that you condemn atheist as terrorist, and then condemn them for 'figuratively' condemning all Catholics as sex offenders. I just don't get it.

@rd189 said:

I can't.....smh

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@erik: But you're an ass hole Erik :)

True. But I at least... no, you're right.

Riddlergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riddlergeist: Dude, that's a large generalization. There are people of every belief (or lack of) who may be just as "extreme" as people like this. I wouldn't say most atheists are like this, but many are. At the same time,there are many religious people like this as well. It depends on the person,not their belief or non belief.

King Saturn said it best

ik but i see it most from atheist.

the most extreme though are

No Caption Provided

#tryingdesperatelytolandthisjoke

-Riddle Me This

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is ridiculous.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: I wouldn't know why others don't believe in a god. I just know there are one too many people quoting George Carlin, and it's completely unacceptable. My father was angry with the way his life went, but as soon as he left my mother he rejoined the Catholic Church and became better for it. I just don't feel the need to preach a standard to people because in 200 years it will be wrong.

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mikesterman

warning the following picture may piss off some atheists. if you are easily offended... do not view.

No Caption Provided