Eugenics & Trans-humanism

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Edited By castleking

Eugenics is usually viewed as a racist agenda thanks in part to the likes of the Nazi's and views of racial superiority but it was not just them who practiced it  during that time but the United States government who were illegally and through subterfuge were sterilizing american citizens due not just of race but social status and infirmity. Having said that I am a eugenics man and i am not ashamed to announce it even though others will judge me harshly as others have in the past not knowing what true eugenics is about. I believe in the improvement of the human species as a whole through selective breeding and keeping the gene pool pure with as little genetic defects as possible.

We human's most often find mates based on outer physical appearance and what another can provide like comfort and social status which is fine so long as people can be honest with themselves, I add a little something else to the equation which is to only mate and be with people who do not have any detectable flaws. That does not mean i condone sterilization, murder of those who have genetic abnormalities then me or of a different ethnicity. It simply means that i do not approve of mating and having offsprings with that person for i would want a strong healthy human specimen to mate with and pass my genetics and hopefully weed out genetic defects, hers and mine through selective breeding and teaching of my views to my children.

The goal is to seek self improvement and i find eugenics to be a viable one and for those who think i am wrong ask yourself how many times have you dated someone that you knowingly knew had aids, Tumors or any other physical manifestation of a genetic disorder that was blatantly obvious? we all do it at some level i simply refuse to allow certain genetic defects to continue in my blood line if i can help it.  Ask yourself what do parents say, think and hope for when they are having a child, " i hope he or she is healthy."  This doesnt come from hate or racism against another but from compassion and love.

I think Eugenics will be a small stepping stone that will help lead us to trans-humanism the ability to evolve and be more than human through the use of technology to move beyond our human limitations, To one day hold vast amount of knowledge thanks to implants, to have smart clothes to weed out imperfections in our genetics through the use of DNA re-sequencing and nano technology. To make ourselves faster, smarter, healthier and even to one day transcend our human body and frailties.

Does all this really sound so bad?
There are people who are bad who do bad things but do we judge the vast majority for what 1% do? 
"Food for thought, chew it apart."

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn
well Transhumanism is something that interests me greatly... though I wonder what will happen to Religion at the point that this fields becomes actual reality as a whole and humans actually become Transhumans ? 
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@King Saturn said:
well Transhumanism is something that interests me greatly... though I wonder what will happen to Religion at the point that this fields becomes actual reality as a whole and humans actually become Transhumans ? 
Personally I think that your faith has to be pretty shallow to be shaken by the concepts of Transhumanism.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@King Saturn said:
Personally I think that your faith has to be pretty shallow to be shaken by the concepts of Transhumanism.
hmmm... I would have to disagree with you on that... I mean especially if we are talking about the potential of what Transhumanism can offer... and if we are talking about actual people who are becoming Transhuman... I could easily see why their faith or view of God would change... I mean if Humans can produced the Technology to nullify or weaken the effects of Disease... Extend life several times over through Technology... and nullify various other issues that we as Humans experience as purely Natural beings through Transhuman Technological Advances... I would think that this could lead to a changing of how we view God and Faith... 
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By castleking