Eminem 54%
2pac 51%

who is better

#1 Posted by ntb101 (859 posts) - - Show Bio

mines is Eminem

#2 Posted by OreoAssassin (4274 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem but everyone says 2pac which is understandable

#3 Posted by King Saturn (223829 posts) - - Show Bio

2Pac's content was much better than Eminem's... though Eminem's lyrical skills at his peak is above the Death Row Records Superstar.

#4 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio

If it wasn't for Pac there'd be no Em, words from Em's own mouth.

#5 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23302 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Lady_Grimm (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, Im going to be that guy. TUPAC! He was a pioneer in rap culture and music. Don't get me wrong, Eminem is a well deserved vote in this poll, but Tupac is an icon, poet, and social activist to some degree.

#7 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

No disrespect intended....but I could never really get into 2Pac, or the West Coast as a whole.

#8 Posted by ntb101 (859 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23302 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

No disrespect intended....but I could never really get into 2Pac, or the West Coast as a whole.

#10 Posted by Pro_Nelson (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

My opinion Eminem now. If we are talking present day. Honestly we could never see what 2Pac would have became cause ya know he died lol.

#11 Posted by dboyrules2011 (12074 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem.

#12 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, Im going to be that guy. TUPAC! He was a pioneer in rap culture and music. Don't get me wrong, Eminem is a well deserved vote in this poll, but Tupac is an icon, poet, and social activist to some degree.

This too.

Also

You also don't get one of these without being important.

#13 Posted by batmannflash (6192 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are amazing, but I gotta go with Eminem. His rhyming/lyrics are absolutely incredible. Eminem's rhyming is probably the greatest. He's also had better albums, in my opinion.

#14 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

NO NOT THE BUNKSTER!

#15 Posted by batmannflash (6192 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Biggie, Nas, and Eminem are the 3 greatest rappers of all-time, with 2Pac, and Rakim very close behind

#16 Posted by The Stegman (23160 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

I agree, I respect the man as an artist, but I don't really care for his music. Shady on the other hand has been the sh*t for years and years.

#17 Posted by Lady_Grimm (1505 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23302 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Biggie, Nas, and Eminem are the 3 greatest rappers of all-time, with 2Pac, and Rakim very close behind

I think the Devil Son and Hov has a thing or two to say about that....

#19 Posted by Immortal777 (6942 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like either.

#20 Posted by batmannflash (6192 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: I would put Big L and Jay-Z in the 2Pac and Rakim category. They are extremely good. I just think that Biggie, Nas, and Eminem are top 3

#21 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

#22 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23302 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: lol fair enough. I was just pulling your leg that's all. xD

#23 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by M3th (2042 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe eM is winning. If you prefer eM tHat's fine but Tupac is tHe clear winner. eM is the 3rd greatest of all time. NaS and Pac are aHead of SHady IMHO. However, one can side witH Lupe Fiasco wHo raps, "the greatest of all time is a lie."

-Abstract4$$#073-

#25 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23302 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@veshark said:

NO NOT THE BUNKSTER!

>=D

#26 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Eminem's style over 2pac, and Eminem at the height of his lyricism is leagues ahead of pac (and almost any other mainstream rapper, really). Though to be fair, Em has had some serious musical/lyrical lowpoints, too, whereas 2pac was generally consistent. Overall, it boils down to the fact that, despite 2pac's cultural significance and massive, pioneering contribution to the genre, I just like Eminem better.

#27 Posted by Immortal777 (6942 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Immortal777 (6942 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

I never really cared for Biggie or Nas, I understand their appeal, but I just couldn't ever really bring myself to care about their music. And I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't heard much Rakim, though what I have heard from him is pretty good.

#31 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash said:

I never really cared for Biggie or Nas, I understand their appeal, but I just couldn't ever really bring myself to care about their music. And I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't heard much Rakim, though what I have heard from him is pretty good.

So what other rappers do you dig? Cause now I'm curious.

#32 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash said:

I think the Devil Son and Hov has a thing or two to say about that....

Whose the Devil son?

#33 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23302 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by MonsterStomp (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

Too evenly matched. I think when it comes to deep and meaningful songs, Tupac can express them better but Eminem has more variety.

#35 Posted by ntb101 (859 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Notice how Hip-Hop has mad deities (God Son, Hova, Devil Son, Rakim Allah.)

#37 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23302 posts) - - Show Bio

@ntb101 said:

@dccomicsrule2011: is that big lurch

xD nope. The "L "in Big L stands for Lamont, the Devil Son's first name.

#38 Posted by King Saturn (223829 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Ghostface Killah's son raps under the name Sun God.

#39 Posted by Bruxae (12649 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem.

#40 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23302 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by ntb101 (859 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by King Saturn (223829 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard Rakim was working on some new stuff.

#43 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Ghostface Killah's son raps under the name Sun God.

This is correct.

#44 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23302 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

Hopefully it's good. I heard some folks did't care for his last album that much.

#45 Edited by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

@imagineman16 said:

@batmannflash said:

Well, first I feel like I should explain that rap is sort of a secondary genre for me. I mostly listen to metal, and I like rap, but its not all that often that I love it. Though, lately I've found myself listening to a proportionally larger amount of rap than usual, so perhaps I'm in the midst of a paradigm shift.

Anyway, to answer your question, I like Kendrick Lamar, Twista, Immortal Technique, Tech N9ne, Classified, Public Enemy, etc.... I love listening to ODB just because of his sheer insanity, too.

But as far as rap goes, what I listen to the most is more experimental, rocky-type stuff that doesn't necessarily stick to just one genre... one of my favorite groups is A Broken Silence, Eyedea is one of my idols (RIP), I love Richy Nix, Death Grips is awesome, and as long as we're being honest, I even like some Hollywood Undead stuff (I'll agree they have some downright horrible songs, *cough* Everywhere I Go *cough* but tracks like City, Mother Murder, Paradise Lost, Been to Hell, etc. make them worth listening to for me). Oh, and I like Mike Shinoda, and Styles of Beyond, quite a bit.

#46 Edited by King Saturn (223829 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

Hopefully it's good. I heard some folks did't care for his last album that much.

Yeah, it wasn't that good. He probably should have stayed on Aftermath Records and released an album with Dr. Dre doing the production.

#47 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

@imagineman16 said:

@batmannflash said:

Well, first I feel like I should explain that rap is sort of a secondary genre for me. I mostly listen to metal, and I like rap, but its not all that often that I love it. Though, lately I've found myself listening to a proportionally larger amount of rap than usual, so perhaps I'm in the midst of a paradigm shift.

Anyway, to answer your question, I like Kendrick Lamar, Twista, Immortal Technique, Tech N9ne, Classified, Public Enemy, etc.... I love listening to ODB just because of his sheer insanity, too.

But as far as rap goes, what I listen to the most is more experimental, rocky-type stuff that doesn't necessarily stick to just one genre... one of my favorite groups is A Broken Silence, Eyedea is one of my idols (RIP), I love Richy Nix, Death Grips is awesome, and as long as we're being honest, I even like some Hollywood Undead stuff (I'll agree they have some downright horrible songs, *cough* Everywhere I Go *cough* but tracks like City, Mother Murder, Paradise Lost, Been to Hell, etc. make them worth listening to for me). Oh, and I like Mike Shinoda, and Styles of Beyond, quite a bit.

Ah I see. Your answer makes sense. You like more Alt rap than, rap.

#48 Posted by russellmania77 (14606 posts) - - Show Bio

Tupac wrote the book, eminem finished that book n lil wayne can't find it

#49 Edited by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

@imagineman16 said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@imagineman16 said:

@batmannflash said:

Ah I see. Your answer makes sense. You like more Alt rap than, rap.

Yeah, for the most part. There are a couple exceptions, but I mostly dig more alternative leaning stuff.

#50 Posted by Night Thrasher (3605 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Em is NOT lyrically superior. People have forgotten what lyrical actually means. To be lyrical one must put together a comprehensive theme from beginning to end of a verse/song that binds the song together. Pac is lyrical in that most of his songs are stories or portray a theme in his songs. Em has FLOW in that most of his songs aren't really themed or one story binded together but rather witty or slick wordplay to showcase skills rather than relay a message.

2) Pac has classes at Ivy League Universities dedicated to deconstructing his lyrics and the social themes of his music. This in and of itself is a testament to his greatness. While I love Mr. Mathers as an artist I don't think Harvard students are going to be studying the finer art of raping your mom and murdering your ex wife.

3) I don't think I really need to go on...

4) Pac

• 1a. Pac
  • 1b. Nas
  • 1c. Rakim
  • 4. Biggie
  • 5. Eminem