Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Static Shock

@The Stegman said:

It's kinda ironic actually, People always say you must be tolerant and accept other's lifestyles when in actuality, the "tolerant'' people are intolerant to other's intolerance.

Pretty much. But, hey. What can you do?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#102  Edited By Erik

@k4tzm4n said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Why not find the nearest corporate headquarters or something, instead of bullying employees who have nothing to do with all of this?

Because that takes too much effort, kind of like how the people against/in favor of this won't bother to research how other companies feel.

"I LOVE CHIC-FIL-A AND STAND FIRMLY AGAINST GAY MARRIAGE. EXCUSE ME WHILE I USE THIS IPOD TO SHARE MY VIDEOS."

"I HATE CHIC-FIL-A. NOW EXCUSE ME WHILE I GO SHOP AT WALMART OR TARGET."

Frankly, I'm tired of politics getting thrown into everything. The Chic-Fil-A CEO was dumb enough to share his thoughts on such a hot topic, and the flock of people jumping all over the subject is sadly unexpected. Buying a chicken sandwich won't stop gay marriage. And not buying a chicken sandwich won't boost equal rights. Simply put, this whole situation is incredibly stupid and won't make an ounce of change in the actual topic at hand.

Also, while I'm clearly liberal and pro-gay marriage, I think telling a company "you can't open in our city because I disagree with your politics" is absolutely absurd and unjust.

Agreed completely and I do not even like you k4tz.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#103  Edited By SC  Moderator

This thread is painful to read. You know just as far as misinformation and strawman arguments. Also just peoples understanding of how other people operate and comprehend the world. We don't live in a bubble society for example, I mean, one can choose to if they wish to, but its almost impossible for things not to affect each other, I mean Rosa Parks refusing to give up a bus seat won't change anything right? So we have this guy Dan Cathy who works really high up at a place called Chick-fil-A, a business that makes money by selling food, and also a business that that supports, and funds organizations that oppose gay marriage among other gay rights. Now do they support those organizations because of business or because of Dan Cathy's views and opinions? Furthermore is Dan Cathy imposing his personal views and opinions and using his business to support his views and ideas, which isn't an inherently negative or positive thing to do. Since a point that can be made here, is that people have to decide what's important to them, what's a priority, their business or their personal views and opinions, since the two can affect each other, and the two can hurt each other. Can people be so simple minded to think condemning a person or businesses opinions and views is the same as condemning the right to express them? Couldn't it just be that views and opinions, especially if expressed have consequences no matter what. Sometimes they are negligible, sometimes they are not.     

So yes Chick-fil-A's record on how it uses its profit and Dan Cathy's remarks and views are bearing consequences because they deal with heavy subjects, gay rights, business, politics, religion, marriage, money, and food. Don't forget this isn't just politics for some, for some this is just another symptom of a problem which significantly affects their everyday living, hence why it can blow up into a big deal. Not that it has to, some people won't see the connection, don't want to see the connection or just don't care and that should be alright too, as per their discretion. As is per peoples discretion as far as denying a business, that uses its money to negatively affect society according to them. Some might even use their discretion or lack of to ignorantly deny a business money, but thats just another consequence when one in such a position as Dan Cathy has to consider, as well as potential influx of people who might spend money at that business. Some people might use there discretion to deny the business money based on Dan Cathy's views and opinions, altogether forgetting about the money that the business takes from its customers to support businesses that they might view as harmful to society making it a First Amendment thing... right, I mean probable, but its almost as if that is just a constructed argument thats set up because its so easy to shut down? Seeing as people are afforded the right to criticize and have opinions and views on other peoples opinions and views and so it turns into a circular argument.  

As far as the media, it spins both ways, more than two ways sometimes, and thats because thats how typically people like it. It allows people to reinforce their views, alter them, or just use it as confirmation bias. What's rarer is sincere objective approach to the issues at hand and sincere open dialogue. People care more about being right or making the other guy wrong, or sounding witty or just expressing their opinions, all such things having ranging values as per your discretion. Personally I am a fan of accuracy. So based on what I know, as accurate, I am glad that Chick-fil-A is getting so much heat over this issue, and that people are boycotting it. To me it doesn't send a message that a person should have to conform their opinions and views to accept homosexuality, to me its sending a message that if your personal opinions and views are discriminatory for superficial and ignorant reasons (or not), don't let it influence or affect your business unless you are prepared for the consequences. A good business man would/should know this and be prepared for the risks and gains. I don't personally begrudge those who are just hungry for some chicken though, as per a persons right for discretion.   

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:

@Vance Astro said:

Chic-Fil-A is expensive anyway. I'll take my black ass to Popeye's.I'm not giving you 8 dollars for 4 chicken strips.

RUMOR HAS IT POPEYE'S IS PRO-BATMAN. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, SPIDER-MAN FANS!

Who told you that? Frank Miller? If I find out it was Miller, i'm gonna.....
Swagger462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105  Edited By Swagger462

@joshmightbe: The fact that they're giving money to anti homosexual organisations makes my point even stronger. They are actively trying to continue the idea that it's acceptable to withhold rights from people just because you don't like the way they act. Keep in mind when I talk about the way people act I'm specifically referring to actions that don't effect anybody outside of the ones involved. Like peoples sex lives, for example. While I do understand that jobs and scholarships might be lost I think bringing equality to the people in the long term is more important.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106  Edited By Vaeternus

@Agent,

It is bs because the media is trying to say Chic Fi A hates Gay people, if that were true they wouldn't serve anyone gay period. I posted the links concerning this already. Just because an organization is not for gay marriage doesn't mean "they hate gays" there's a significant difference there. I love how some people see "disagree or against" = hate.

The gig here is simple, gays got the wrong idea(some, perhaps not all) and think Chic hates them. As you can see in that video which is very much talked about now, that's hardly the case. In fact that guy attacked the girl at Chic-Fil-A if anything.

@KingSaturn,

They're very christian and follow the bible, which happens to be against gay marriage but they're not literally attacking gay people or banning them from eating there or anything. I have a friend who's gay from online, he was telling me while he's not conservative or really liberal, he doesn't like politics he was telling me even feels this is ridiculous that he's gone into Chic Fil A and never been mistreated...

These people like this guy are no better then the wall street protesters, just looking for something to complain about and blowing something up for no reason...They don't donate to hate groups, they've donated to christian groups who happen to not support gay marriage. there's a huge difference. Hate is how these people are translating it because they see it that way.

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Vaeternus said:

@Agent91 4, That's bs. Says the retarded media...don't believe the liberal media and their lies.

Just checking to make sure you're not supporting the Conservative media and their "truthful" methods of reporting information.

Anyways, the guy in that video is a complete douche. I'd gladly slug the prick across the face. It makes no sense to boycott the restaurants themselves, anyways. Why not find the nearest corporate headquarters or something, instead of bullying employees who have nothing to do with all of this?

lol I'm conservative and in the middle with some things, however not everything but just pointing out that the media who's going ape over this are obviously very liberal and the people going nuts are blowing this whole thing up big time...because of the gay marriage thing. If this guy cares so much, he should go to the heads of the company, ranting and putting down a girl just trying to earn a living isn't the way to do things. I hope for that guys sake, she doesn't have a BF. lol

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By King_Saturn
@Vaeternus said:

@Agent,

It is bs because the media is trying to say Chic Fi A hates Gay people, if that were true they wouldn't serve anyone gay period. I posted the links back this so yeah. Just because an organization is not for gay marriage doesn't mean "they hate gays" there's a significant difference there.

The gig here is simple, gays got the wrong idea(some, perhaps not all) and think Chic hates them. As you can see in that video which is very much talked about now, that's hardly the case. In fact that guy attacked the girl at Chic-Fil-A if anything.

@KingSaturn,

They're very christian and follow the bible, which happens to be against gay marriage but they're not literally attacking gay people or banning them from eating there or anything. I have a friend who's gay from online, he was telling me while he's not conservative or really liberal, he doesn't like politics he was telling me even feels this is ridiculous that he's gone into Chic Fil A and never been mistreated...

These people like this guy are no better then the wall street protesters, just looking for something to complain about and blowing something up for no reason...They don't donate to hate groups, they've donated to christian groups who happen to not support gay marriage. there's a huge difference. Hate is how these people are translating it because they see it that way.

Well again we are talking about the people who Chick Fil A are contributing to... I don't know these people personally or even the real motives behind their organizations... all I know is the Bible has much harder things to say about Homosexual Behavior than just "Don't Approve of It" it goes into details of what you should do to them... which is Kill Gay People ( I am talking about Leviticus btw ). So when you say they are Very Christian and Follow the Bible... well how closely do these people follow the Bible and what are they really thinking about Homosexuals ? That's the Key... because you don't have to out killing or busting folks in the head to be a hater. It can be with the very words you utter that shows the Hate from your own heart. 
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Vaeternus

@King Saturn said:

@Vaeternus said:

@Agent,

It is bs because the media is trying to say Chic Fi A hates Gay people, if that were true they wouldn't serve anyone gay period. I posted the links back this so yeah. Just because an organization is not for gay marriage doesn't mean "they hate gays" there's a significant difference there.

@KingSaturn,

Well again we are talking about the people who Chick Fil A are contributing to... I don't know these people personally or even the real motives behind their organizations... all I know is the Bible has much harder things to say about Homosexual Behavior than just "Don't Approve of It" it goes into details of what you should do to them... which is Kill Gay People ( I am talking about Leviticus btw ). So when you say they are Very Christian and Follow the Bible... well how closely do these people follow the Bible and what are they really thinking about Homosexuals ? That's the Key... because you don't have to out killing or busting folks in the head to be a hater. It can be with the very words you utter that shows the Hate from your own heart.

Yeah, they're groups that support traditional marriage and aren't for Gay marriage but that doesn't mean =they hate gays. I'm a big Yankee fan, and not a Met fan I'll root against them when they play the Yankees. Does that mean I hate the Mets? No, I'm just rooting and for my club. Some people don't see it that way though, they think if you're against or disagree with them on something they automatically think you hate them..that's not right or accurate since "hate" is a strong word.

Hitler HATED everyone who wasn't white, thus he killed them. Now that's true HATRED....What verse exactly states the bible is for killing gay people? I know they're against it as it was stated but I don't recall that. I just think if anything here now, the gay protestors are the ones hating on chic fil a....that video of that guy is a prime example..

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By King_Saturn
@Vaeternus said:

@King Saturn said:

@Vaeternus said:

@Agent,

@KingSaturn,

Yeah, they're groups that support traditional marriage and aren't for Gay marriage but that doesn't mean =they hate gays. I'm a big Yankee fan, and not a Met fan I'll root against them when they play the Yankees. Does that mean I hate the Mets? No, I'm just rooting and for my club. Some people don't see it that way though, they think if you're against or disagree with them on something they automatically think you hate them..that's not right or accurate since "hate" is a strong word.

Hitler HATED everyone who wasn't white, thus he killed them. Now that's true HATRED....What verse exactly states the bible is for killing gay people? I know they're against it as it was stated but I don't recall that. I just think if anything here now, the gay protestors are the ones hating on chic fil a....that video of that guy is a prime example..

Again, you are missing the point. The point is if there position against Gay Marriage comes from The Bible... then their feelings about Gays and what should be done to them can also come from The Bible. That's the Point... it would be different if they just did not agree with Gay Marriage... BUT because their position comes from The Bible and what The Bible says about Gays this is what could cause other issues with the people's position on Gay Marriage. You say that just because you are a Yankee fan doesn't mean that you hate the Mets... Okay, but do your fondness of the Yankees come from a Religious Texts ? do you adhere to a type of Belief System that has given you your fondness of the Yankees ? I didn't think so... but these people who are of these Organizations have built their Beliefs and Values upon a Religious Texts in this case The Bible... and as far as the exact verse I am talking about. 

Leviticus 20:13 - "If a Man also lies with a Man, as he lies with a Woman, both of them have committed an abomination : they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them" ( King James Version )
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Vaeternus

I'm not missing the point, I believe you are missing my point. This whole thing is being blown up for nothing, and Gays feel the need to protest? for what? They got their gay marriage, who cares what a popular chicken chain thinks either way? This is why this whole thing is dumb. Not to mention, like them they have a right to their views as much as anyone else so yeah...

They agree with the bible and are very christian, it's not so much about that it's the fact that they're not for Gay marriage and said they're conservatives...since they're obviously very liberal and FOR gay marriage. But again, who cares? It's a different perspective, some people need to get over it already at this point.

The Yankees obviously have nothing to do with religions, but the principle is the same and I merely used that as an Analogy. Some people out there who are met fans automatically assume "oh yankee fan, so you hate us so we hate you" lol believe me, I live in NYC so I know...

King James Version? That isn't the same version...

I'd like to bring up a few things.

It doesn't say that "we" should kill homosexuals or those who are gay. There is no commandment given by God to kill anyone. It does, however, speak out against homosexuality.... In Genesis it tells the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, where men engaged in homosexuality and bestiality. Paul speaks out against it in his numerous epistles to the saints around Asia.

However...they never admonish either Jew or Christian to kill homosexuals either.

Not to mention, by today's standards that's obviously OT and barbaric, so you have to understand the era when that was written as well. The bible also speaks of forgiveness and God. Yet, people only try to point out the negative things?

Besides, remember the 10 commandments. I'm pretty certain one of them is:

Thou shalt not kill

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By King_Saturn
@Vaeternus said:

I'm not missing the point, I believe you are missing my point. This whole thing is being blown up for nothing, and Gays feel the need to protest? for what? They got their gay marriage, who cares what a popular chicken chain thinks either way? This is why this whole thing is dumb. Not to mention, like them they have a right to their views as much as anyone else so yeah...

They agree with the bible and are very christian, it's not so much about that it's the fact that they're not for Gay marriage and said they're conservatives...since they're obviously very liberal and FOR gay marriage. But again, who cares? It's a different perspective, some people need to get over it already at this point.

The Yankees obviously have nothing to do with religions, but the principle is the same and I merely used that as an Analogy. Some people out there who are met fans automatically assume "oh yankee fan, so you hate us so we hate you" lol believe me, I live in NYC so I know...

King James Version? That isn't the same version...

I'd like to bring up a few things.

It doesn't say that "we" should kill homosexuals or those who are gay. There is no commandment given by God to kill anyone. It does, however, speak out against homosexuality.... In Genesis it tells the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, where men engaged in homosexuality and bestiality. Paul speaks out against it in his numerous epistles to the saints around Asia.

However...they never admonish either Jew or Christian to kill homosexuals either.

Not to mention, by today's standards that's obviously OT and barbaric, so you have to understand the era when that was written as well. The bible also speaks of forgiveness and God. Yet, people only try to point out the negative things?

You are all over the place man... You are not sticking to "our" discussion. 
I said from the get go the problem is that Chick Fil A "could be" contributing to Hate Groups... and the reasons I gave was because if these people call themselves Christians and adhere to the Bible's standing of what it says about Homosexuals and how they should be treated... then those Organizations could be like "Hate Groups" considering what the Bible says on Homosexuality.   
Okay, well what version would you like us to use ? the NIV ? the American Standard ? because they actually say the same thing on the issue of Homosexuality in Leviticus.  
Also, what do you mean it does not say "we" should kill Homosexuals ? It says clearly that those who partake in Homosexual activity should be put to Death... because they have committed an Abomination. Now if you want to say this was specifically for the Jews... then maybe that is something to ride with. But even still, if you feel that is the case... then how do you know that this law was not specifically for the Jews back then ? Meaning your whole argument is rendered pointless if you are going to say you are Following Bible Principles and that's why we reject Gay Marriage. 
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Vaeternus

@King I'm just pointing out that, there's a lot of variables concerning the bible business. Sure, some things are outdated by todays standards, I agree but just pointing out overall it's a religious source for a lot of Christians. But moving on, I know and I'm saying from the get go that Chic Fi A isn't doing anything wrong.

People are acting as if they've contributed money to "nazi groups" the way some are making it out to be...not the case at all. If you read up on it via your own research, you'll find they supported christian groups and groups who follow similar idealogies and religious beliefs. Which happen to be for traditional marriage, not Gay marriage. Still, that being said I still don't see how that translates to "hate"

The bible again also says "Thou shall not kill" so are we just ignoring this or what? That's what I'm saying by not killing homosexuals or anyone for that matter. Besides, that's one quote from one person. Not God himself. You ask a priest now days who are followers of god, they'll tell you some things in the original bible are outdated or altered. You think a priest or rev would tell you "yeah, kill gays" Not at all. Yet they preach the bible all the time. Or another example, Such as OT vs. NT for example, you had two entirely different interpertations of god. One vengeful, one not. So there you go.

I never said we reject Gay marriage due to the bible, I said that's everyone's right. As for Chic, they just said they're for traditional marriage and believe in the bible. Did they say they feel Gays should be killed? Rejected service or hated on? No. That's what the media is saying who disagrees with them politically and these crazy gay protestors like that guy in the video, not to mention that dumb Boston Mayor saying "we don't want discriminating chains in our area" discriminating? Really? Nobody has any right to deny a business due to "difference in political beliefs" now THAT'S discrimination...I love the hypocrites out there. If you agree with me, you can open your business. If not, go some where else" Screw that...if anything that would help the town by bringing in people. What an idiot that guy is, almost as stupid as the dummy in the drive thru.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By King_Saturn
@Vaeternus said:

@King I'm just pointing out that, there's a lot of variables concerning the bible business. Sure, some things are outdated by todays standards, I agree but just pointing out overall it's a religious source for a lot of Christians. But moving on, I know and I'm saying from the get go that Chic Fi A isn't doing anything wrong.

People are acting as if they've contributed money to "nazi groups" the way some are making it out to be...not the case at all. If you read up on it via your own research, you'll find they supported christian groups and groups who follow similar idealogies and religious beliefs. Which happen to be for traditional marriage, not Gay marriage. Still, that being said I still don't see how that translates to "hate"

The bible again also says "Thou shall not kill" so are we just ignoring this or what? That's what I'm saying by not killing homosexuals or anyone for that matter. Besides, that's one quote from one person. Not God himself. You ask a priest now days who are followers of god, they'll tell you some things in the original bible are outdated or altered. You think a priest or rev would tell you "yeah, kill gays" Not at all. Yet they preach the bible all the time. Or another example, Such as OT vs. NT for example, you had two entirely different interpertations of god. One vengeful, one not. So there you go.

I never said we reject Gay marriage due to the bible, I said that's everyone's right. As for Chic, they just said they're for traditional marriage and believe in the bible. Did they say they feel Gays should be killed? Rejected service or hated on? No. That's what the media is saying who disagrees with them politically and these crazy gay protestors like that guy in the video, not to mention that dumb Boston Mayor saying "we don't want discriminating chains in our area" discriminating? Really? Nobody has any right to deny a business due to "difference in political beliefs" now THAT'S discrimination...I love the hypocrites out there. If you agree with me, you can open your business. If not, go some where else" Screw that...if anything that would help the town by bringing in people. What an idiot that guy is, almost as stupid as the dummy in the drive thru.

While that is true... it's assumed by Many Christians that the Bible is clearly against Homosexuality... and that is what matters here.  As far as your comment about Chick Fil A donating to Nazi Groups... I am sure there are people who take this situations to extremes like the guy in that video... the point I am making is that it's dangerous to go directly from Bible Sources for "Certain views of things"... usually it's better to know that a lot of Christians don't take the Bible literally or will cut off the rest of the understanding of the Law about Homosexuality given in the Bible... but again, it's hard to say who does that and who does not.  

Now your point about "Thou Shalt Not Kill" well eh... it's believed that the actual or more direct translation of that is Thou Shalt Not Murder... which means you can not Kill people who are Innocent... but the Bible declares that those who participate in Homosexual Acts are not only Guilty of Sin but that they are an Abomination. Those are some Hard Words to hold to for a Bible Believing Christian...  

as far as the rest of what you have to say well... it's not really what I am debating... I am not calling you or anyone in particular Hateful because you don't agree with Gay Marriage... but what I am saying is that depending on what is fueling your view on Gay Marriage... it could be a lot deeper than just a basic disagreement. 
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Vaeternus

True, but note just because you're against or disagree with something doesn't necessarily mean you hate it.

It's just how one feels, their personal opinions, philosophy and views. We all have them. There are atheists I know or bumped into who aren't for gay marriage, and others who are. So what do they go by? lol Know what I mean?

I think some things Christians take more literal, others more figuratively obviously and not so much literal. I think the same needs to be said about those who assume bible followers, need to take a step back and think "it's not that literal lol" like I pointed out, there's a few things in there and the Koran etc that a lot of people consider "outdated" understandably. If a christian sees a gay couple, I don't think the first thing they think is "must kill them, the bible said something about that" lol

Kill/Murder ehh, same difference really. Either way you're purposely taking a life. If it's accidental, one thing but the commandment states "Thou shalt not kill" implying don't purposely take another person's life. I think the word abomination is taken quite literally here and shouldn't be. See me as a Christian(not saying I'm a perfect or good one lol) but one regardless sees it in a "disgusting" sense, more so then a "evil catastrophy" sense. Know what I mean? The word may be a tad overkill, but also taken far too seriously. Just my opinion on that.

Oh I know you personally do not feel that way, I'm glad lol. But I'm merely pointing out that these people like that guy in the video putting down that girl, apparently DO feel if you're for traditional marriage only and not Gay=you're a hater. I don't believe that's a fair judgement, much less remotely accurate. Just like Gay people are for marriage, it's their right to feel that way it's as much anyone else's to disagree as well. I don't really sense anything "deeper" then a disagreement in personal moral views.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#115  Edited By nickthedevil

Just posting cause eh.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#116  Edited By agent9149

@Vaeternus: Actually these organizations do more than go against gay marriage

they have ex-gay ministries which don't work and make people's live terrible, they spread ignorance and wrong information, they go against every pro-gay thing that exists, even ones to protect lgbt from being fired for the just being lgbt

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Vaeternus

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's a lie made up by the media. I did the research on the organizations, you're acting as if they sent out radical protestors slamming gays and gay marriage. Being against something isn't the same as hating. All they are are christian organizations for traditional marriage, not gay marriage.

Besides, I'd have to see solid proof showing these organizations doing such or something as radical as you say. Just saying, "media says they do this, do that" isn't proof that's being biased against someone for merely disagreeing with you on a touchy subject as far as I'm concerned.

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a fast food place.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#119  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

JUST EAT THE DAMN CHICKEN, AND SHUT UP!

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By agent9149
Avatar image for howterribleisthat
HowTerribleIsThat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic book fans should just not have opinions. You are all clearly incapable.

They're being boycotted for actively financially supporting groups that promote discrimination against LGBT people. Included in this list of groups is the Family Research Council which lobbied congress to not condemn the "Kill The Gays" bill in Uganda.

And the fact that there are moderators on this forum acting as if there's some sort of equivalence between homophobia and intolerance of homophobia is depressing.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By agent9149

@HowTerribleIsThat said:

Comic book fans should just not have opinions. You are all clearly incapable.

They're being boycotted for actively financially supporting groups that promote discrimination against LGBT people. Included in this list of groups is the Family Research Council which lobbied congress to not condemn the "Kill The Gays" bill in Uganda.

someone who knows the true ish of the problem.....I love how the right-wing media is turning this into 1st amendment issue and is trying to cover up the real issue by stating how the LGBTQ community is trying to attack CFA because they don't support gays when in actuality we are only concerned by the millions of dollars given to organizations who would sell their souls to eradicate our culture from the face of the earth

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Vaeternus

@Agent, lol dude those are liberal sites that are lying...as soon as I saw Chris Matthews, I stopped reading....he's known to make up lies about the right and a known hypocrite. Tony Perkins is an individual, not an entire organization much less "every" Christian group Chic has donated to.

Again, They've donated to groups that don't believe in gay marriage, that's not the same as "hate groups" I love how people label them...

Here's the website for Marriage and Family Fundation (people that Chic has donated money to):

http://familyfoundation.org/initiatives/…

http://www.advocate.com/business/2012/07…

Also, speaking of "hating" you got dumb people like this guy who attack innocent workers trying to earn a living while he should be going to the CEO himself, obviously he's not too bright..and all he accomplished is getting mocked all over the internet..

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By agent9149

@Vaeternus: the media isn't lying, you're conservative bias is getting in the way of seeing the truth

and i don't condone what that guy did and neither does any LGBT organization, he's an idiot who isn't helping anyone

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eating there means you support awful food. It also means you're a communist. The whole anti-gay thing is a non-issue, really.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Vaeternus

lol communist, no. They have a right to their opinion as much as anyone

@Agent9149 said:

Yes, they are I guess your liberal bias is clouding your judgement...like that guy in the video who is assuming way too much false nonsense.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By agent9149

@Vaeternus: sorry but i don't have a liberal bias i call out wrong when i see it

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#128  Edited By SC  Moderator

I remember this time that this ignorant idiot beat up a guy for working for another wanting to enslave people in his spare time. The guy who did the attacking was an advocate of freedom and the planet Earth. lol I guess we all know now that freedom and planet Earth is so so wrong because that idiot guy doing the attacking was pro those things and lets be honest probably gay. 

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#129  Edited By joshmightbe

The whole point of this was not to say the company is doing the right thing, I don't condone or support the CEO's comments I'm just pointing out that the only thing these protests are doing is making the lives of the employees of this place harder. The made record profits this week due to the free publicity the protests and the right wing response to it gave them basically meaning from a pure business perspective the protest against them did more good than harm to Chic Fil A and the only people who suffered for it were the employees that have nothing to do with the companies donations who had to put up with these protesters harassing them for no other reason than that they happen to work for a dick.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By jobiwankenobi

Just because you don't support gay marriage, it doesn't make you a homophobe. I don't support same sex marriage, and I have gay friends. I don't dislike gay people at all, what they do is their choice, not mine.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By joshmightbe

@jobiwankenobi: Ironically probably the best way to cut down on gay sex would be to allow them to get married

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@joshmightbe: Was that a joke? I'm sorry, I just can't tell.

BTW, I don't care if gay people have sex; it's their business. If I was gay, then I'd have an issue with controlling myself, only because of my own personal beliefs.

However, it's not my place to judge, I have no intention of forcing my beliefs on others, nor is it any of my business what anybody else does.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By joshmightbe

@jobiwankenobi: Yes it was a joke. But the whole marriage cutting down on the sex is true after the first year, throw in having a kid and you're lucky to get some once a week

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@joshmightbe: I know where you're coming from, yeah.

Also, I have six brothers. Imagine if that was the case.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread and these post .......

Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#136  Edited By Ebbm

The owner of the company gave his money to an organization that told Congress not to condemn Uganda's law that would allow for the execution of gay people. If you replaced gay with any other minority, black, jew, whatever there wouldn't even be a question of opposing this organization. But now we have to pretend like it is acceptable for this guy to use his money like that and still be okay for people who are pro-gay rights to support his organization. The people who mentioned the sensationalizing of this story are right, but it works both ways. Before people make comments about how boycotting Chic-fil-a is stupid, maybe dig a little deeper into the story instead of swallowing the media's half truths about how this is a defense of the owner's religion and free speech.

Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#137  Edited By Ebbm

@joshmightbe said:

@Swagger462: He isn't banning gay people from his restaurants or from getting jobs their, Its his personal view and has absolutely nothing to do with how he runs his business. He's not a politician or a lobbyist or anyone in position to make policy regarding the issue. There are tons of businesses people aren't boycotting that do much worse like cloths stores that are profiting from 3rd world sweat shops and child labor.

They aren't just personal views, he is giving money to organizations that have made it their purpose to treat gays like second class citizens. Given that that knowledge is out there and widely known, why would a supposedly pro-gay person choose to support that business? I can understand not wanting to know the political views of business owners in the first place but since it is already out there why would you continue to support that organization?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#138  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

People are still babbling about this nonsense, eh?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#139  Edited By InnerVenom123

@k4tzm4n said:

People are still babbling about this nonsense, eh?

I find this post ironic, since it bumps the thread after a 4 hour gap. :P

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#140  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@InnerVenom123: Meh, it was near the top of the page!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By joshmightbe

@Ebbm: I don't support the organization I probably go to Chic Fil A twice a year if that, my main concern is the methods of the protesters. They are picking on the employees when the corporate guys are the problem.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By agent9149

@Ebbm said:

The owner of the company gave his money to an organization that told Congress not to condemn Uganda's law that would allow for the execution of gay people. If you replaced gay with any other minority, black, jew, whatever there wouldn't even be a question of opposing this organization. But now we have to pretend like it is acceptable for this guy to use his money like that and still be okay for people who are pro-gay rights to support his organization. The people who mentioned the sensationalizing of this story are right, but it works both ways. Before people make comments about how boycotting Chic-fil-a is stupid, maybe dig a little deeper into the story instead of swallowing the media's half truths about how this is a defense of the owner's religion and free speech.

PREACH :3

Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#143  Edited By Suprman

I tend to avoid Fast Food in general due to health issues and I've never really eaten at Chic-Fil-a before and I see no reason to start now. My general opinion on the situation is that I think Chic-Fil-a CEOs should have stayed out of this whole thing regardless of their beliefs.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#144  Edited By cameron83

you know i never understand,but why can't people just let gay people be ok,they're people...i know lots and lots of christians,myself included who have no problem against them,i know there are even some people who are and aren't christians who support gay people,but why is that,you jus don't like them? i don't understand what they did to you,but people need to pull their dumb heads out of their butts and stop with the controversy and instead of blaming a religion,maybe work together to fix the problem

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By joshmightbe

@cameron83: because a book says they can't be despite the fact that these same people like to ignore large chunks of the same book that tells them not to be ok with gay people specifically the large portions that tell them not to judge others, or not to eat certain kinds of food, or not to get tattoos or you know any portion that's personally inconvenient to them.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Jezer

@joshmightbe said:

@Ebbm: I don't support the organization I probably go to Chic Fil A twice a year if that, my main concern is the methods of the protesters. They are picking on the employees when the corporate guys are the problem.

Every time I read you repeat this over and over again, I get the irresistible urge to slap a baby orphan. Especially since you started off on this thread with your first post talking about "I don't care about views of the CEO of the food I'm eating!" completely missing the point by turning this into a First Amendment issue.

@joshmightbe said:

@texasdeathmatch: Everyone loves the first amendment until someone who disagrees with them uses it

And then when I point out your ignorance, you come back with a weak argument.

"Okay...let's just pretend like I realized this before.*wink* Let me just...amend my argument: But...what about the workers and kids man?!"

Workers/kids supported by Chic-Fil-A > International societal treatment of homosexuals worldwide influenced by hategroups. Yeah, let's try to pretend we have the moral high ground instead of admitting selfishness for a comparatively miniscule group of people in the crosshairs.

"Well...they should keep buying Chic-Fil-A and giving them more money to donate to those hate groups.... but just protest the corporate headquarters! That's gonna change something!"

That's about the point I feel like slapping the internet for allowing your posts to manifest on it.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By joshmightbe

@Jezer: I have gay family members who agree that they should be taking these protests to the actual corporation instead of hassling the guys at the bottom of the totem poll. I have not once said anything in the defense of the CEO or their donations, nor have I said anything to contradict my original post

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Jezer

@joshmightbe said:

@Jezer: I have gay family members who agree that they should be taking these protests to the actual corporation instead of hassling the guys at the bottom of the totem poll. I have not once said anything in the defense of the CEO or their donations, nor have I said anything to contradict my original post

Considering you didn't even know they were funding anti-gay groups, and your gay family members never disclosed that to you while agreeing with your opinion,

I wouldn't be surprised if they were also ignorant of the facts. Like you were.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#149  Edited By BatWatch

I wish people would be consistent about this whole thing. A month ago, all the conservatives were freaking out because Oreo released an image supporting gay rights. Now, all the liberals are going ballistic because Chick-Fil-A supports traditional marriage.

People run companies. People have the right to support whatever they want. If you don't like that, then you can stop supporting those companies, but I sure wish people would stop whining about it. Get over it!

Personally, I support traditional marriage, and I respect Chick-Fil-A for taking a stand that they knew would get them blasted by the media, but I'm not going to buy food from Chick-Fil-A because I don't like their food. Who cares? If is was some really important issue, I might choose to boycott a company if it was a serious issue, but quite frankly, gay marriage is not something I care that much about. There are approximately ten billion more important political issues.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By joshmightbe

@Jezer: So you know every conversation I've had in the last day or so since I learned of the donations is what you're saying.Cause you know I'd never have any offline opportunity to speak to others and I couldn't possibly talk to anyone on any other web site. (Yes that's sarcasm)