• 155 results
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By joshmightbe

I don't support the politics of the guy who runs the place, I just don't care. I've never once gone to any fast food joint and cared what the views of the guys running the place are. I have never stopped to ponder the political values of the CEO of Burger King before buying a whopper. This crap is nonsense.

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MenaceForever2

It really is. It's like saying since Larry Wachowski got a sex change you are going to stop watching there movies.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CrimsonCake

People Boycott restaurants because of the CEO's political views?

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

True dat.

A friend of mine was swarmed because he went through the drive through. There are more important things to care about than some dudes religious views that don't really have nothing to do with anything.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Ummmm huh?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

If you're offended, then I completely understand boycotting it. But I will support anyone's rights to say and think whatever they want, no matter what it is.

That said, I don't eat at Chic-Fil-A, nor is there one anywhere near me.

JohnnyWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By JohnnyWalker

@menaceforever said:

It really is. It's like saying since Larry Wachowski got a sex change you are going to stop watching there movies.

lena, and id hit that.

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MenaceForever2

It's weird how her/his looks change though.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pooty

This is what dude said: "guilty as charged" for backing "the biblical definition of a family.

so what? he said nothing harmful or hateful. people are just too damn sensitive

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By danhimself

the guy is a retard either way....he runs a fast food restaurant..why did he even say it? did he honestly think that coming out and saying that would increase his business?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By joshmightbe

They make a good chicken sandwich, that's literally all I knew about the place before all the protesters gave them a ton of free publicity.

jonEsherfey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By jonEsherfey

@danhimself said:

the guy is a retard either way....he runs a fast food restaurant..why did he even say it? did he honestly think that coming out and saying that would increase his business?

I agree, He should stick to fast-food and not bring politics into it.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Ate there today myself since its unofficially Chik-fil-A appreciation day or something.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Ugh. Seriously? Now you can't even get some fast food without being accused of being a gay hater?

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek:

By the looks of it, no.

It was alot worse back during when Obama was elected though. There was a shop near to where I live (either that or a small family owned restaurant. Can't remember which) that was boycotted because the owners where conservative. Customers where sent away from the shop, and the family was forced to close within a few months of the boycott because they where losing business.

The difference is with Chick-A-Fill is that these people I'm mentioning never mentioned their opinions out in the open like others tend to do. But because they where "the enemy" they where "attacked" and paid a significant price for it.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@joshmightbe said:

I don't support the politics of the guy who runs the place, I just don't care. I've never once gone to any fast food joint and cared what the views of the guys running the place are. I have never stopped to ponder the political values of the CEO of Burger King before buying a whopper. This crap is nonsense.

Agreed. 

People are f*cking retarded. Apparently the new hottest thing is to go after homophobes, who by their own right are d*cks, but this whole Chic-Fil-A fiasco is stupid as hell. Especially if the same people are eating at In-And-Out and other companies that aren't as "vocal" as Chic-Fil-A with their conservative values.

Also, for the record, I've never liked Chic-Fil-A. I just hate people who hop on bandwagons and think they're being brave about it.
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vaeternus

As usual, the media blows S%$ out of proportion. All the owner said was "he was a family christian and supported tradional marriage" notice, the man never said "he hates gays or anything about GAY marriage" he just said he supports traditional marriage. The media however who reported it, put words in the guy's mouth and automatically assumed "Chic-Fil-A hates gay people" like what? Does Chic-Fil-A not server gay people? Do they have signs saying "no gay people allowed"? No, so what's all the fuss about? Oh wait...they're not liberal. *SMH*

This is all blown up for nothing, FTR. Chic-Fil-A is awesome. Politically, they've always been conservative and traditional. Who cares? Mainstream Media only went nuts because they're liberals and they don't agree with those who disagree. Big shock. I'll still watch some actors and comedians even though most of them are liberals( I may not agree with them, yet they preach all the time but do people care? No Chic-Fil-A supports tradional values and it's omg lol I love it). But some people will judge chains or people due to their political views. *shrugs*

Not that I care either way how a food chain or celebrity feels politically but this is definitely being blown out of proportion to say the least.

In a nutshell, their food is good imo. I don't care how they feel politically, nor do I care how the media feels which in this case is butthurt apparently.

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek:

By the looks of it, no.

It was alot worse back during when Obama was elected though. There was a shop near to where I live (either that or a small family owned restaurant. Can't remember which) that was boycotted because the owners where conservative. Customers where sent away from the shop, and the family was forced to close within a few months of the boycott because they where losing business.

The difference is with Chick-A-Fill is that these people I'm mentioning never mentioned their opinions out in the open like others tend to do. But because they where "the enemy" they where "attacked" and paid a significant price for it.

That's so wrong(I mean I agree with you but wrong and messed up that they had to close because of that?) , so what it comes down to is because they weren't liberal and for Obama word spread and that shop had to close down because of that? Wow..You're right, you see unlike the celebrities and/or branches that say "I'm liberal" notice the media does nothing, because they agree. But you're conservative or not liberal, then you get the "omg what's wrong with you?!? You must be bigots or racists!!" lol

What if McDonald's tomorrow comes out and says, I love gay marriage and support Obama. Will the media make a stir about it? Of course not.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By texasdeathmatch
No Caption Provided
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By joshmightbe

@texasdeathmatch: Everyone loves the first amendment until someone who disagrees with them uses it

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By King_Saturn
@joshmightbe said:

agreed... I was actually tempted to make a thread about this myself. 
personally I used to eat at Chick Fil A... but I have not touched the stuff in months now since they built a new Popeye's Chicken where I live at. 

Popeye's Chicken >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chick Fil A
NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@texasdeathmatch said:

No Caption Provided

lol

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By jobiwankenobi

This is all stupid. Who cares what the owner thinks? Honestly, people do all this crap for publicity. Giving their supporters and "enemy" to hate fuels their support.

Swagger462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Swagger462

It's not about not hating gays it's about not caring if they have equal rights or not. Which in my opinion is just as bad.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By joshmightbe

@Swagger462: not buying the food won't change his mind but it will screw all those people that Chic-Fil-A are putting thru college with their scholarship program, and their employees who will be the first to go if the company starts losing money due to protesters. It'll be just another example of rich kids with a cause vs Older rich guy prick and the poor folks caught in the middle will suffer.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By InnerVenom123

Nope. It just means you financially support someone who does.

And I don't mean that in the "Oh shame on you" way, just stating the obvious.

Damn good food there, too.

Swagger462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Swagger462

@joshmightbe said:

@Swagger462: not buying the food won't change his mind but it will screw all those people that Chic-Fil-A are putting thru college with their scholarship program, and their employees who will be the first to go if the company starts losing money due to protesters. It'll be just another example of rich kids with a cause vs Older rich guy prick and the poor folks caught in the middle will suffer.

So all protesters are rich kids? I see what you're saying but I just don't understand how you can give money to someone that holds views in the same strain as women shouldn't be able to vote and blacks shouldn't be able to marry.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that. ... We want to do anything we possibly can to strengthen families. We are very much committed to that," Cathy emphasized. "We intend to stay the course," he said. "We know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles"

How was that anti gay????????? I swear they pulled this one out of their butts this time. Its not like they said "WE HATE GAYS AND THEY SHOULD BE BURNED AT STAKES". The Media today is disgusting. They should be focusing on presenting the issues in a non bias way. Instead they blow this whole thing out of the water.

By the way I am a Conservative Christian and I am proud to say that.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I'm damn sure going to keep eating there.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By joshmightbe

@Swagger462: He isn't banning gay people from his restaurants or from getting jobs their, Its his personal view and has absolutely nothing to do with how he runs his business. He's not a politician or a lobbyist or anyone in position to make policy regarding the issue. There are tons of businesses people aren't boycotting that do much worse like cloths stores that are profiting from 3rd world sweat shops and child labor.

Swagger462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Swagger462

@joshmightbe: I know he's not. But I wouldn't want to give money to somebody that holds views like that. If it became illegal for him to voice those views then there's something wrong but I still think he's a pig and I wouldn't want my money going anywhere near him. As far as sweat shops go I try my best to avoid businesses that get caught pulling that sort of sh*t. Obviously unless you're living on a farm in a house you built yourself growing your own food and making your own clothes it's hard not to give money to someone that is acting unscrupulously. I do get that, but I think everyone should try their best.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ssejllenrad

@texasdeathmatch said:

No Caption Provided

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Duke_Nasty

These people can legally walk around with dildos on their heads on main st. during gay pride parades but if some guy who owns a restaurant doesn't believe they should get married its the end of the world.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By SoA

@joshmightbe: wouldn't of judged u, enjoy ur food in peace!

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cameron83

you know,i honestly hate when people say my biblical views and etc,than the media shouts and screams,the media is so freaking disgusting and it's a proven fact that all they want to do is cause controversy and every idiot,even the ones who proclaim to be smart fall for it. I do't want to touch these things with a 10 foot pole,but just because he says he has biblical views people assume that he hates gay people,i have NO problem towards gay people. But i retain biblical views,and have no freaking problem with gay people,i have plenty of friends and teachers who have biblical views,even a greater understanding than me who have no problem with gay people and even support gay people,but notice how the media never gives a damn about that.

Also,i don't even like chick-fil-a so they don't have to worry about me eating there,damn soggy chicken *shakes fist*

but tell me where he said i don't support gay people,DO YOU SEE how the media assumes things,bet if i said i were a christian (which i am) people would say,HE HATES GAY PEOPLE!

the media is so stupid,also this sums up my next point

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

No Caption Provided

@texasdeathmatch said:

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cameron83

@Duke_Nasty: whoa dude,freedom of speech,but isn't that a bit too extreme?

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Duke_Nasty

@cameron83: Whats extreme?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By cameron83

@Duke_Nasty: well you sorta said they walk around with dildos on their heads, a bit much

but i agree,in fact i see that people will always find a way to blame religion and such,i mean i have an atheist friend who doesn't even like gay people,and there are many the same and nobody cares,i know people will say stuff,christianity is stupid,blah blah blah,and there are people saying the exact opposite,i just really rather not waste my time with it.....it will and does backfire in their face,though

OOHH,i see,he said apparantly that eh doesn't support same sex marriage,that sorta changes things only that,in a way it is no different from saying "i don't support interracial marriage",or anything of the such,but whatevs,still don't intend on getting caught in the crossfire,bet if he said god is a flying spaghetti monster nobody would even give a damn...but still,he was sorta in the wrong,although free speech protects him.

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Duke_Nasty

@cameron83: I was talking about gay pride parades.

Fact is this guy has no bearing on politics. IMO the people going to chic-fil-a just to show their support for the CEOs religious views are equally as moronic a the ones protesting and boycotting.

Thats the way the guy feels if you like the food eat it, if not don't.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cameron83

@Duke_Nasty: oh i get it,but yeah i agree,for example,if i had a birthday party planned there,i'm not changing it because people got offended,it's not like he's killing on sight

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By joshmightbe

@Swagger462: So you're fine with all the people who work for him in the restaurants losing their jobs just to get back at 1 guy for having an opinion u don't like?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By joshmightbe

The dude that made the comment is a multi millionaire, his restaurants start losing money he can sell it off and retire so boycotting the place won't hurt him at all. It will hurt all those people struggling to pay rent that have to work for him cause in this economy any job at all is a good thing. I say most of these protesters are rich kids is because all the broke people know the only people this boycott could actually do any real harm to is the other broke people that work there.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jezer

ITT(In this thread): People entirely missing the point. Like, I skimmed through all 3 pages... but I'm pretty sure I didn't see anysingle person who got the point of why people are boycotting Chic-Fil-A.

http://www.owldolatrous.com/?p=288

Two organizations that work very hard to maintain this status quo and roll back any protections that we may have are the Family Research Council and the Marriage & Family Foundation. For example, the Family Research council leadership has officially stated that same-gender-loving behavior should be criminalized in this country. They draw their pay, in part, from the donations of companies like Chick-Fil-A. Both groups have also done “missionary” work abroad that served to strengthen and promote criminalization of same-sex relations.
- Chick-Fil-A has given roughly $5M to these organizations to support their work.
- Chick-Fil-A’s money comes from the profits they make when you purchase their products.

http://www.windycitymediagroup.com/lgbt/Chick-fil-A-officer-The-company-is-anti-gay/38777.html

Chick-fil-A's charitable arm, The WinShape Foundation, has long been a supporter of organizations that aim to ban same-sex marriage. Through WinShape and direct charitable donations, Chick-fil-A is reported to have given more than $2 million to anti-gay groups.

No, people are not boycotting Chic Fil A because a CEO simply went out and said he doesn't like gays. They're boycotting Chic Fil A because a portion of the money they make from you buying their food goes to anti-gay groups campaigns who are against gays getting their rights and pro the persecution of gays.

Look, I don't have a problem with America. But if I buy my Doritos from a company that openly funds terrorist organizations... I'm basically giving them the means to bomb America, right?

With all that said, I'm a tolerant guy. I've had a gay college roommate for two years, about to go on a third year. But I'm still probably gonna buy Chic Fil A because, what can I say, it's too damn delicious. And yet I still recognized that I'm doing wrong, something that contradicts my tolerant mindset. (But seriously, they are delicious =x)

EDIT: I'm gonna post this periodically since I see people still saying things that miss the point, even after this post. You never cease to amaze me comicvine.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By joshmightbe

@Jezer: I understand that point but again I point out that those the protesters are really against will not suffer at all for this, if they succeed in making the company lose money the shareholders will just sell and move on, the anti gay organization you mention will just find other rich conservatives to make up for their donation but the people low on the totem poll that are just trying to get by will lose their jobs in the middle of hard economic times where any job is hard to find. If they go and protest the corporate head quarters more power to them, but they aren't doing that these protesters are going to a place where all they'll accomplish is making the lives of people just trying to keep the bills paid harder.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jezer

@joshmightbe said:

@Jezer: I understand that point but again I point out that those the protesters are really against will not suffer at all for this, if they succeed in making the company lose money the shareholders will just sell and move on, the anti gay organization you mention will just find other rich conservatives to make up for their donation but the people low on the totem poll that are just trying to get by will lose their jobs in the middle of hard economic times where any job is hard to find. If they go and protest the corporate head quarters more power to them, but they aren't doing that these protesters are going to a place where all they'll accomplish is making the lives of people just trying to keep the bills paid harder.

I'm sure those anti-gay groups are probably already trying to get as much money as possible. Boycotting them simply means them getting less money to use for their campaigns. It doesn't mean that they're gonna be like "Ah, Chic Fil A is giving us 3 million less dollars. We'll go find another random giant food franchise to give us 3 million dollars". Because it would make more sense for them to have already compaigned those companies, to get as much money as possible.

Everything else you say is slightly valid. Though, how would protesting the corporate head quarters do, anything? The point is them getting less money to use. In addition, just as how giving money to Chic-Fil-A when a percentage of your money is going to people persecuting gays, inadvertently supports them,

people working in Chic-Fil-A to make the food that they sell - to earn the money that they use - to persecute gays - are also inadvertently supporting those anti-gay campaigns. For those who have the issue of homosexuality close to their hearts, I'm sure they're perfectly willing to sacrifice some employees for the sake of protesting the oppression of what they consider a fundamental, human right.

I mean, if Doritos CEO supported terrorists....who want to bomb America.... would I weigh the the financial status of their employees over the safety of America - and thereby choose to keep buying their products? Probably not. With Chic-Fil-A, we're talking the well being of a class of people versus the well being of some employees. I don't see how that balances in the employees favor.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Vaeternus

@CrimsonCake said:

People Boycott restaurants because of the CEO's political views?

Yep, well if you disagree with the media, apparently. Of course if Chic said "hey we're very liberal hate christians and support gay marriage" there would be no fuss.

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

"We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that. ... We want to do anything we possibly can to strengthen families. We are very much committed to that," Cathy emphasized. "We intend to stay the course," he said. "We know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles"

How was that anti gay????????? I swear they pulled this one out of their butts this time. Its not like they said "WE HATE GAYS AND THEY SHOULD BE BURNED AT STAKES". The Media today is disgusting. They should be focusing on presenting the issues in a non bias way. Instead they blow this whole thing out of the water.

By the way I am a Conservative Christian and I am proud to say that.

Exactly!! Thank god, there is stillhope and logic out there!! I'm also Christian and not liberal, now more classic Conservative. That's what I said initially...the guy never said anything negative concerning gays, it's all the stupid media filling people's heads with lies and those stupid enough to believe them. So what? The owners in favor of traditional values and marriage. Owee...so now the guy hates Gay people? He never said that, nor has chic ever denied service to gay people. Some people out there are just too damn sensitive and blowing this thing wayyyyyyyyyyyyy out of proportion.

The media is disgusting and biased HEAVILY liberal, if you don't agree with them you're on their target and S%$ list. Plain and simple.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By EnSabahNurX

I never heard of Chick-Fil-A till people started whining about it lol

It's free speech and an opinion, people need to relax it's not like they have anti-gay banners in the restaurants and stuff

The more you protest them the more business they get and the more free publicity lol

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By joshmightbe

@Jezer: People with hungry kids don't see themselves as supporting an anti gay company, they're just trying to pay the bills. If the protesters are willing to sacrifice some employees then as far as I'm concerned they're just as bad as the people they're protesting

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By utotheg38

@King Saturn said:

@joshmightbe said:

agreed... I was actually tempted to make a thread about this myself.
personally I used to eat at Chick Fil A... but I have not touched the stuff in months now since they built a new Popeye's Chicken where I live at.

Popeye's Chicken >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chick Fil A

stop being a stereotype