• 51 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I'm not trying to start a flame war ;),I just want some reasonable opinions.

Ok hear me out,I really hate the X1 features but did Sony do a good job?

Xbox1 showed some interesting games like Project Spark

Quantum break http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/12/quantum-break-trailer-analysis-ign-live-e3-2013

(I think Quantum break is going to be great)

Titanfall

Ryse son of Rome(I didn't really like it,but they atleast brought a game unlike ps4)

And what did PS4 gave us as new titels?

Almost nothing.

And now we need to pay 60 dollars a year to play online?

The only thing sony did at e3 was mocking Microsoft.

Maybe if they showed me a new game or two at E3 I would buy the PS4. But they thought giving MS the middle finger was a better strategy.I though it was childish and it certainly didn't bring me closer to Sonys camp, in fact it pushed me further away.*hides from the incoming shitstorm*

I think I'm just sticking with my pc.

Humanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

It was kind of strange that Sony was applauded for something the Wii U is doing better. ALL games on the Wii U are DRM free, there's no online check ups etc. where as with the Sony stuff, that'll only apply to first party products.

Though lets be honest, the Microsoft conference was gash. Ryse was nothing but quick time events, TitanFall looks boring and Spark is like LBP without the charm. Maybe it was the commentary that pestered me, but "You get 'em, rock" didn't exactly sell it. Then you had Killer Instinct where you have to pay to unlock more characters. What Sony had was a cheaper better looking console, loads of great indie games, Killzone, Infamous: Second Son, Driveclub etc.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Kaz Hirai did not speak more

WiiU did not get any buzz because they are doing it right

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't see anything that was bad for Sony when I watched it. I might've been clapping and cheering too loud when they were going over all that they did right with the PS4 that Microsoft did wrong with X-Box One, though.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpion2501: Didn't they show Watch dogs, beyond two souls, Elder Scrolls online, and Infamous second son?

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By frogdog

I don't know anyone can use Ryse as a positive. It is pretty much QTE the game.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well Sony didn't have to do much. MS killed them self with their Xbox. Sony just went up said all that shit you get with MS you don't get here and guess what it will coast you less. It is rarely the most expensive console at lunch that wins. It wasn't the Gamecube, it wasn't PS 3 and I will bet it is not gonna be Xbone unless the change their hatred towards used and rented games drastic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42: The games is not really the point.Microsoft is a company and behaves like it.They talk about games and their console(even if it's bad).thats how it should be.

Sony talked about games and their console but they spend a lot of time mocking mircosoft.

That isn't acting like a company.

And they lost me there,I was probably going to buy a ps4 but because of their childish behavior I'm not going to(I know it's a weak argument but I really can't stand that kind of behavior),and I saw some posts on e3 and a lot of people think the same.

Microsoft is a company and acts like it.

Sony is a company but acts like a circus on the loose.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lilben42
MythiiC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In all honesty, E3 was negative for both Microsoft & Sony. Sony's conference was decent in what they were showing, but they wasted too much time by taking the piss out of microsoft. Tbh, Sony could've made their DRM announcements on their website, and the internet would've went wild - it would've caused the same effects against Microsoft, without tarnishing Sony's image at all.

I'll still buy a PS3 as some of the games look cool, and I still think that it will be an excellent gaming platform.

Nintendo were the only ones who kept to themselves, but I think they could've really benefited from a detailed press conference (Yes, I own a Wii U xD)

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By frogdog

@scorpion2501:

Sony talked about games and their console but they spend a lot of time mocking mircosoft.

Hahaha? Where were you when Nintendo and Sega used to trash talk each other's consoles, what Sony did was very tame compared to those two.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

@scorpion2501:

Hahaha? Where were you when Nintendo and Sega used to trash talk each other's consoles, what Sony did was very tame compared to those two.

I didn't respect those companies at the time because of their actions and thought the same of them as of sony now.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By frogdog

@scorpion2501 said:

@frogdog said:

@scorpion2501:

I didn't respect those companies at the time because of their actions and thought the same of them as of sony now.

Its called competition, Microsoft would have done the same if it was the other way round.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tupiaz

@frogdog said:

@scorpion2501:

I guess you don't drink Coca Cola or Pepsi either?

Instead of being angry at Sony for mocking Xbone. You should be angry at MS for mocking you. The jokes with all their bullshit is on you. The sony joke is not and therefore you should let MS be concerned about the joke.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tupiaz said:

@scorpion2501 said:

@frogdog said:

@scorpion2501:

I guess you don't drink Coca Cola or Pepsi either?

Instead of being angry at Sony for mocking Xbone. You should be angry at MS for mocking you. The jokes with all their bullshit is on you. The sony joke is not and therefore you should let MS be concerned about the joke.

I am angy and dissapointed in microsoft.I'm not saying microsoft is a defenceless puppy.But it pains my heart to see that companies still mock each other that much.And they damage their reputation by doing it.And yeah I don't drink Coca Cola or Pepsi but that's mainly because I don't like it that much ;)

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By danhimself

most of Sony's previous exclusive titles have gone multiplatform for this generation which isn't a bad thing at all...those companies stand to make more money now that they aren't exclusive to just one console....the only big exclusive they have now is the Uncharted franchise and they still have PAX West to make an announcement for it and other exclusives they may have coming up....this E3 was all about the consoles and I don't have a problem with that

the only thing that Xbone really has going for it right now is the Halo franchise...that alone will get Microsoft some sales but it may not be enough to save it this time around....right now the internet is furious with Microsoft and it'll take something big to save them

Wii U is a joke....I thought it was hilarious that when franchises like Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy were announcing that they were going cross platform there were people asking why they didn't port to Wii U....umm because it wouldn't be the same game...this chart says it all

FeaturePlayStation 4Xbox OneWii U
Price$399.99 [1]$499.99$349.99 / 299.99
Optical DriveBlu-ray/DVD [2]Blu-ray/DVD [3]25GB Optical Disc (Proprietary)
Game DVRYes [4]Yes [5]No
RAM8GB GDDR5 [6]8GB DDR3 [7]2GB DDR3 [8]
CPUSingle-chip x86 AMD "Jaguar" processor, 8 cores [9]8 Core Microsoft custom CPU [10]Multi-Core PowerPC "Espresso" CPU [11]
Storage500 GB Hard Drive (user removeable)[12]500 GB Hard Drive (non-removeable) [13]8GB or 32GB Flash
External StorageTBAYes, USB [14]Yes, USB
Cloud StorageYes [15]Yes [16]No
Mandatory Game InstallsNo [17]Yes [18]No
Required Internet ConnectionNo [19]Yes [20]No
Used Game FeeNo [21]Publisher DependentYes [22]Publisher DependentNo
Backwards CompatibilityNone [23]None [24]Yes, Wii
Cross Game ChatYes [25]Yes [26]No
Motion ControlDualShock 4, PlayStation 4 Eye(not included), PlayStation Move(not included)Kinect 2Wii Remote, Wii U GamePad (included)
Second ScreenVita (not included) [27]SmartGlass (not included) [28]Wii U GamePad (included)
Voice CommandsTBAYes [29]No
Subscription ServicePlayStation Plus [30]Xbox Live [31]No
USBUSB 3.0 [32]USB 3.0 [33]USB 2.0
Live StreamingYesYesNo
Reputation PreservationTrophies will be portedAchievements will be ported [34]N/A
Web ConnectionEthernet, IEEE 802.11 b/g/n [35]Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11 b/g/n WiFi [36]IEEE 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, LAN via USB dongle
BlueToothBluetooth 2.1 (EDR)[37]No*Bluetooth Support [38]
A/V HookupsHDMI (4K Support [39]) , Analog (Component, RCA), Optical output[40]HDMI input and output (4K support), Optical output [41]HDMI out, Component/ Composite out
Region LockedNoYes [42]Yes
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42: The games is not really the point.Microsoft is a company and behaves like it.They talk about games and their console(even if it's bad).thats how it should be.

And they lost me there,I was probably going to buy a ps4 but because of their childish behavior I'm not going to(I know it's a weak argument but I really can't stand that kind of behavior),and I saw some posts on e3 and a lot of people think the same.

Microsoft is a company and acts like it.

Sony is a company but acts like a circus on the loose.

Taking shots at the unpopular practices of your top competitor isn't acting like 'a circus' - it's good business and it's very much like a company. Either way I'd rather deal with the circus, than the company that completely blows off whatever complaints it's consumers have with the product.

@danhimself: I've said it before; even Master Chief will be hard pressed to luck his way out of this sinking ship.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@frogdog said:

It's actually confirmed by the developers that those are merely finisher and are not required to "finish" off your enemies. They are easily compared to the finishers of God of War and they give you extra experience points to upgrade your character.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

Neither are perfect but xbox one is basically a scam to get more money because they are greedy arseh*les.

ps4 is still better

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

playstation 4 is superior

Avatar image for thedarkdaredevil
TheDarkDaredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheDarkDaredevil

PS4 is made for gameing so when you play you can fell the character like you are in the game and its better in every way form the Xbox one the only thing that's better with the Xbox one is that you can have more fun with the internet TV friends and you need to be connected to internet all the time on PS4 the gaming graphics and details are to the max so you can fell like you are in the game and on the internet lol

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Loading Video...

Someone is saying Sony acted mature? You know what? Wahh. I think Microsoft is being immature and money grabbing with all the things they're releasing. Personally, I enjoy Sony's immaturity with the issue. I can relate more with them.

That video was absolutely hilarious, and I could relate. Almost nothing?

KH3. Ignoring it's cross platform [Because XBone needs that due to their lack of GOOD exclusives. Yeah, sorry not sorry. For the most part, X-Box releases FPS exclusives and games that last about five months as their ] playability, it was revealed more so for the PS4 in their part of the conference.

Infamous: Second Son looked pretty damn fun filled of new powers and different styles from what we've seen from the previous games.

A new Final Fantasy. Not huge on the series, but I do know the series is loved by tons of people.

A NEW MAD MAX. <------ I need no words.

Watchdogs was also revealed for the PS4, a game that has been hyped up for awhile now.

Destiny was revealed, and it looks like a better version of Halo.

Yeah, there's quite a few more that were revealed. Let's try that again.

Sony took E3 in the war. Sony, as of this far is going to take the sales. On that note, want to know how Microsoft cares about the people without online compatability?

Loading Video...

Basically saying anyone without online compatability needs to stick to 360. Actually, jokes on him. From what I read, the people without online compatability are going to PS4.

Good game, X-Box.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I too was disappointed that there wasn't a big reveal. Sony might have been better off saving their inFamous reveal for e3. Ah we'll, it doesn't really matter PS4 has better exclusives, better price and better performance with 3rd party games as shown by developer testimony.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: the wii u isnt a joke. Alot of great games are coming to it. But as a nintendo fan im used to the bias against it for whatever reason. Anyways Watchdog is coming to the ps4 and Xbox one and the wii u, so obviously it can keep up with them in some instances, and I dont see why Square Enix wouldnt put Kingdom Hearts 3 on it, when about half of that series was on nintendo consoles, meanwhile putting it on the xbox one, which company has never had a KH game on there system. I just seems bizare to me.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

It's actually confirmed by the developers that those are merely finisher and are not required to "finish" off your enemies. They are easily compared to the finishers of God of War and they give you extra experience points to upgrade your character.

Yet they didn't show it at that reveal, giving me the impression that combat will be any but shallow.

amutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

Playstation pwned Xbox at E3.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By danhimself

@shadowx said:

@danhimself: the wii u isnt a joke. Alot of great games are coming to it. But as a nintendo fan im used to the bias against it for whatever reason. Anyways Watchdog is coming to the ps4 and Xbox one and the wii u, so obviously it can keep up with them in some instances, and I dont see why Square Enix wouldnt put Kingdom Hearts 3 on it, when about half of that series was on nintendo consoles, meanwhile putting it on the xbox one, which company has never had a KH game on there system. I just seems bizare to me.

Wii U is a party system...it's going to end up just like the Wii where the only games being played on it are the Nintendo exclusives like Mario Kart and Smash Bros.....no game that plays on Xbox or PS is going to ever be better on Wii

the reason why a lot of games aren't being ported to the Wii is because it can't handle the new engines that are being developed for the actual next gen systems...look at the specs...I'm a Nintendo fan to and the one thing that I wish that they would do is to do exactly what Sega did...stop developing hardware and stick to software...think of how great a Zelda game would be if it were made for the xbox or ps it could be the best Zelda game ever made....I love some of the Nintendo games..they're great fun but there's no way that I would shell out $350 for a system only to play the hand full of decent games for it that aren't available on the ps or xbox

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@danhimself: Less specs but more love at E3

how so? they announced what? Smash Bros. and a new Mario game? how is that more love?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: any death threats to satoru iwata, reggie or miyamoto?

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SideburnGuru

To be fair, I did get more hyped up over Super Smash Bros than I did 90 percent of the other games revealed.

When Nintendo wants to make some look huge and epic, they'll make something huge and epic. They convinced me to pick up a 3DS. That's for sure.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: I don't know what that has to do with anything

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself:

sony- positive feedback

nintendo- neutral feedback (overlooked because of the other two)

Xbox- sucks all the negativity

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: i'm going to have to disagree with you. But I'll agree to disagree

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By KingOfAsh

Sony did crap on about movies and socializing for a good part of their presentation. Didn't seem any better to what Microsoft was doing really.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

Microsoft honestly showed off better games and more interesting features for their system. But I still can't see myself buying an Xbox One as long they have those horrible policies intact. E3 was better for Sony because their system is much more accessible for pretty much anyone who plays video games.

Also anyone who thinks the Wii U is a joke doesn't know what they're talking about. At the end of the day, games are what matters. Not graphics, but games. Nintendo showed off some great looking games. People need to get off that hate bandwagon. It's been unwarranted for years now.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it will affect either console in a huge way, almost everybody has made up their mind now on ps4 vs xbox one. Microsoft designed a crappy console with loads of problems and a few console exclusives isn't going to fix it. Majority of people are going to buy a ps4 regardless of what happens at e3 because few people will remember this is a few months and it doesn't have all those problems.

Kiltro95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You forgot Killer Instinct.

But on a more serious note I don't think Sony felt it was necessary to show off any new games because they already announced most of the launch games (I think) at their unveiling, where as microsoft did not at the Xbox one unveiling.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: 90% of games didn't show anything beyond the stage demo( if it had one) to the public. What's your point? It would rather unwise if a developer were to show all their cards right off the bat. Makes for a less interesting marketing attempt wouldn't you say?

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: 90% of games didn't show anything beyond the stage demo( if it had one) to the public. What's your point? It would rather unwise if a developer were to show all their cards right off the bat. Makes for a less interesting marketing attempt wouldn't you say?

Bayonetta 2, Lord of Shadows 2 and Yabia gave out demos showcasing the combat of their games, and neither of them spoiled their games.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: Not exactly a fair comparison as Bayonetta 2 and Lord of Shadows 2 had both been announced nearly a year earlier and have since had trailers, information and most evidentially, gamers are already aware of what to generally expect from the games.

Almost all the games that have been just recently announced at E3 have not showcased anymore gameplay besides their stage demo's to the public. Some behind doors stuff but that's only to a select audience.

Additionally, it's not about "spoiling" their games mate but reserving content to show at later dates. It's similar to an early film teaser. They show little so they can hype a game early and build anticipation as the release date nears. :)

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By frogdog

@frogdog: Not exactly a fair comparison as Bayonetta 2 and Lord of Shadows 2 had both been announced nearly a year earlier and have since had trailers, information and most evidentially, gamers are already aware of what to generally expect from the games.

Almost all the games that have been just recently announced at E3 have not showcased anymore gameplay besides their stage demo's to the public. Some behind doors stuff but that's only to a select audience.

Additionally, it's not about "spoiling" their games mate but reserving content to show at later dates. It's similar to an early film teaser. They show little so they can hype a game early and build anticipation as the release date nears. :)

Outside of being a Xbox One exclusive, Ryse has very little hype around it.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/10380-Hands-On-Ryse-Son-of-Rome-Is-Xbox-One-Combat-Devolved

http://www.destructoid.com/ryse-son-of-rome-looks-to-be-sinking-255985.phtml

http://www.gamesradar.com/ryse-son-rome-more-fun-to-watch-than-to-play/

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Sony could have literally killed someone on stage and they'd still have come out of this looking better than Microsoft.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: Way to rip my words out of context there mate.

No where in that statement do I once mention Ryse itself. It's a clear indication that I insinuated games in general.

Additionally, all those articles posted showcase the same five minute demo that was shown during the press conference. One five minute segment doesn't determine the entirety of a game, especially one that is most predictably used to showcase a game's engine and visuals.

Whatever "hype" there may be is all based around a person's personal preference and opinion. Someone may like how the game looks, someone else may not. Doesn't mean either is wrong.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

Of course, when you focus more on your competitors product than your own, your plan seems odd.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By frogdog

@frogdog: Way to rip my words out of context there mate.

No where in that statement do I once mention Ryse itself. It's a clear indication that I insinuated games in general.

Additionally, all those articles posted showcase the same five minute demo that was shown during the press conference. One five minute segment doesn't determine the entirety of a game, especially one that is most predictably used to showcase a game's engine and visuals.

Whatever "hype" there may be is all based around a person's personal preference and opinion. Someone may like how the game looks, someone else may not. Doesn't mean either is wrong.

I’m on the battlefield. I’m stomping through the corpses of my comrades swinging my sword at anything that moves. I begin a combo, I slash twice and then whooom slow motion is initiated, shit is about to get ‘cinematic’. A button prompt hovers elusively above the sword I’m about to drive into the throat of my enemy… argh I’m too slow! The prompt flickers, disappears.

I missed it. Damn.

But then somehow, for some reason, I still complete the cinematic ‘kill’.

What?

Maybe it’s a bug I think, but no. Next time I deliberately press the wrong button. The kill goes ahead, no consequences. Then I try hitting no buttons whatsoever. The kill goes ahead. I put the controller on the table in front of me, the kill goes ahead.

What is going on here?

I ask one of the Crytek people hovering at the booth – is this a bug? Why am I completing kills when I hit the wrong button prompt? Or, worse, no button at all. Turns out it was a deliberate design choice.

“We don’t want the player to feel frustrated,” I am told.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/06/why-ryse-is-the-most-frustrating-game-of-e3/

From this article, the game is even easier than what the demo shows and it's pretty much the core of the game.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: It seems that you ignored the entirety of my previous post. There are some people that may like the game, others that may not. Why is that? Personal preference. It's the same as to why some people may choose one thing over another and this extends to almost everything. One person's opinion doesn't extend to everyone.

Again, most games presented at E3 for the first time are little more than tech demos. That's evident with all the big presentations, especially considering they are now showcasing the "next-gen" tech for the first time.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

75% of Xbox One hate = No used games.

25% of Xbox One hate = No backwards compatibility.